PDA

View Full Version : The Bulldogs demise

dukedog
12-12-2017, 06:22 PM
Demise. Exodus. Last stand. Exit. Passing. Finished.
Dimma dimma dimma. Article on AFL.com.au. choose your words carefully. ...this can only fuel fire in the boys for 2018. I'm not sure Richmond has what it takes for multiple flags. I could be wrong. Thoughts?

bornadog
12-12-2017, 06:51 PM
Dimma needs to choose his words carefully.

Bookmark it - Tigers lucky to make the 8 in 2018

https://media.giphy.com/media/fePS6G5QnJUys/giphy.gif

Pickenitup
12-12-2017, 08:37 PM
I agree I think Tigers will miss the eight they will have the mother of all hangovers

Rocco Jones
12-12-2017, 08:43 PM
I think his intentions came from Richmond side of things rather than attacking us. His selection of words is very poor though.

ledge
12-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Can the article be posted please ?

Twodogs
12-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Dimma is an imbecile:

But there are some things that will hold us in good stead.

"Our leadership group is probably a little bit more mature than the Bulldogs had at that stage.

"We've got Trent (Cotchin), Jack (Riewoldt) and Alex (Rance) who are seasoned campaigners ... they'll crack the whip pretty strong.

We had Bob Murphy, Matthew Boyd and Dale Morris cracking the whip. I know who I'd listen to.

Hardwick also pointed to the strength of the Tigers' VFL side who made it to the Grand Final, but suffered a nail-biting loss to Port Melbourne.

"(I could say) 'You know what boys? If you want to take it easy, I've got replacements ready to go'," the coach said.

"Competition for spots is incredibly important in a successful year.

One problem with your reasoning there Dimma. Our VFL team went one better and won the flag themselves the year we win the flag. On the Dimma scale if "she'll be right" we went one better so should have been in a better position not to have a demise.

Dimma wants to learn to engage his brain before he shoots his mouth off.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-12-2017, 09:17 PM
Did a ladder predictor weeks ago and had tigers missing the 8. They’ve got Bulldogs 2017 written all over them.

His reasoning is poor. But we weren’t much different. We said lots about not repeating hawthorns 2009 campaign. At the end of the day it’s out of their hands. It’s all psychological and not knowing what it’s like means you can’t 100% defeat it. No doubt they’ll struggle next year. Like us they won the flag on intensity. Recreating that intensity after reaching the summit is bloody hard to do as we know all too well

ledge
12-12-2017, 10:01 PM
For some reason I think the Tigers will be ok they will take a lot out of the way we went this year.
Personally I think they copied us and the flag was extremely similar.
It was all about belief and drive no matter what anyone else thought.
Football tends to have roundabouts and the last two years were built on smalls due to necessity and the list:
You win flags playing the style that suits your list not trying to make your list Change to a gameplan it isn't capable of.
Luke Beveridge is building a tall list to go the opposite of other teams.
Luke is a leader not a follower, he will invent and change things . He is a different coach, he thinks outside the box.
Hardwick to me is a follower coach.

josie
12-12-2017, 10:02 PM
Bravo BAD!! Love Alan Partridge. Never thought anyone would post anything about the great Norwich morning matters DJ on Woof. Back on topic-I think we will make the 8 and surprise a few. Who knows what will happen in finals but hey, here’s an inverse Bollo for any woofers who are mighty boosh fans “I’ve got a good feelin’ about ‘dis”.

Twodogs
12-12-2017, 10:16 PM
Did a ladder predictor weeks ago and had tigers missing the 8. They’ve got Bulldogs 2017 written all over them.

His reasoning is poor. But we weren’t much different. We said lots about not repeating hawthorns 2009 campaign. At the end of the day it’s out of their hands. It’s all psychological and not knowing what it’s like means you can’t 100% defeat it. No doubt they’ll struggle next year. Like us they won the flag on intensity. Recreating that intensity after reaching the summit is bloody hard to do as we know all too well

That's a good point about Hawthorn. We did talk a bit about them last preseason.

Bravo BAD!! Love Alan Partridge. Never thought anyone would post anything about the great Norwich morning matters DJ on Woof. Back on topic-I think we will make the 8 and surprise a few. Who knows what will happen in finals but hey, here’s an inverse Bollo for any woofers who are mighty boosh fans “I’ve got a good feelin’ about ‘dis”.

I think we talked a bit about Alpha Papa when it came out.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-12-2017, 10:51 PM
I think the only thing the tigers have that we didn’t is more experience. Both ourselves and hawthorn were less experienced and won premature. But I still think they are immature from a success point of view and will certainly find the going tough at stages next year

Dry Rot
12-12-2017, 11:28 PM
Can someone please post a link so that some us can know what this thread is about?

jeemak
12-12-2017, 11:30 PM
It also comes down to how many "legend party lads" Richmond have on their list. Hawthorn had plenty as did we, and we each paid a price in the year following the premiership.

If Richmond can control its fat dickhead quotient it will probably do better than we did defending, I guess Hardwick can't say that.

jeemak
12-12-2017, 11:31 PM
Can someone please post a link so that some us can know what this thread is about?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-12/we-will-learn-from-the-dogs-demise-hardwick

FrediKanoute
12-12-2017, 11:48 PM
I think what's often overlooked about our campaign last year is the number of guys who had majorly interrupted pre-seasons because of surgery. By the time we won the flag we had Libba, Wood, Morris etc all booked in to see a surgeon. Then losing guys in the pre-season period - we just never got going.

boydogs
13-12-2017, 12:14 AM
Richmond were the best team of the finals series but not the best team of the year. Same as us in 2016. Martin was incredible in September and made them enormously dangerous in transition, so they could sit back and defend then counterattack. They're a bit toothless without Martin at his best

jeemak
13-12-2017, 01:13 AM
Richmond were the best team of the finals series but not the best team of the year. Same as us in 2016. Martin was incredible in September and made them enormously dangerous in transition, so they could sit back and defend then counterattack. They're a bit toothless without Martin at his best

Difference between them and us is that early we showed we were equal to anyone in the league, if not better, and then won at Subiaco and Homebush in elimination finals versus home finals (where we barely played at the ground, rather than have it as our home ground). Who does that, seriously?

boydogs
13-12-2017, 02:00 AM
Difference between them and us is that early we showed we were equal to anyone in the league, if not better, and then won at Subiaco and Homebush in elimination finals versus home finals (where we barely played at the ground, rather than have it as our home ground). Who does that, seriously?

True, their finals percentage was insane though. You'd still pick us as having the better finals series with 4 games and 2 interstate but they just owned September

Twodogs
13-12-2017, 02:57 AM

True, their finals percentage was insane though. You'd still pick us as having the better finals series with 4 games and 2 interstate but they just owned September

I wonder if our September '16 team would have beaten Richmond's '17 team?

ledge
13-12-2017, 08:53 AM

They haven't beaten us in years and I think we would have as we were harder at the ball, especially if we played them in the grand final,they played a very slow tall Adelaide who turned up with no hunger, thinking it was won before they entered the arena and all their players waited for other players to stand up.
Couldn't see Rance cutting off our forward thrusts as you couldn't read the way we entered the forward line.
Can't remember which opposition coach said it but they admitted how can you set up your backline to our forward line when we had no actual plan forward we just bombed it in all different ways.

Twodogs
13-12-2017, 09:49 AM
They haven't beaten us in years and I think we would have as we were harder at the ball, especially if we played them in the grand final,they played a very slow tall Adelaide who turned up with no hunger, thinking it was won before they entered the arena and all their players waited for other players to stand up.
Couldn't see Rance cutting off our forward thrusts as you couldn't read the way we entered the forward line.
Can't remember which opposition coach said it but they admitted how can you set up your backline to our forward line when we had no actual plan forward we just bombed it in all different ways.

From memory it was Al Clarkson in between whinging about the umpiring.

I don't rate Rance. He's good but he could be much better.

bornadog
13-12-2017, 09:58 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz3U_EzKjzM

Clay Smith with 4 and a few assists, Adams up forward to kick a couple. Bring them on in 2018 and we will crush them. :D

bulldogsthru&thru
13-12-2017, 10:24 AM

I know it's an age old argument - comparing teams from different year - that noone will ever answer. But without bias :D we would dominate the 2017 tigers. Seriously, the 2017 season, particularly the 2017 finals, was extremely weak. Not a single team was ever consistent through the season. There were lots of close games because no teams were elite rather than lots of teams being good. I've never seen a finals series like this years. It really didnt feel like a normal finals series as i felt the quality was poor and i struggled to maintain interest (not sure if there were any effects of it being the first finals series since we won our flag). Add to the fact Richmond played all their finals games at the MCG vs our 2 interstate and none at our home ground. The GWS version they played was way more inferior to the version we played. We knocked off two modern, proven-champions and a team that rarely loses finals at home. They defeated a team that flops in finals and a team that had zero grand final experience.

bornadog
13-12-2017, 10:30 AM
I know it's an age old argument - comparing teams from different year - that noone will ever answer. But without bias :D we would dominate the 2017 tigers. Seriously, the 2017 season, particularly the 2017 finals, was extremely weak. Not a single team was ever consistent through the season. There were lots of close games because no teams were elite rather than lots of teams being good. I've never seen a finals series like this years. It really didnt feel like a normal finals series as i felt the quality was poor and i struggled to maintain interest (not sure if there were any effects of it being the first finals series since we won our flag). Add to the fact Richmond played all their finals games at the MCG vs our 2 interstate and none at our home ground. The GWS version they played was way more inferior to the version we played. We knocked off two modern, proven-champions and a team that rarely loses finals at home. They defeated a team that flops in finals and a team that had zero grand final experience.

Plus on average we were 20 games per player less experienced than all the other finalists.

Remi Moses
13-12-2017, 10:30 AM
Lot of chit chat this time of year
Bookmark Hardwick’s comments

Twodogs
13-12-2017, 11:59 AM
Lot of chit chat this time of year
Bookmark Hardwick’s comments

Yep, nail his colours to the mast. Beating a man to death with his own words is always fun.

The Bulldogs Bite
13-12-2017, 05:18 PM
Not much in it other than some poor word choices.

Still - we should print out a copy and have it ready to go for when we play Richmond.

Rocco Jones
13-12-2017, 05:42 PM
Not much in it other than some poor word choices.

Still - we should print out a copy and have it ready to go for when we play Richmond.

Yep. I think ironic that posters slamming him back by not giving Tigers as much respect as they deserve.

Both awesome achievements. He has probably been asked a couple of hundred times (literally) about this and slipped up. It's our media, asked a million questions a million times and find some catchy quotes.

Twodogs
13-12-2017, 07:38 PM
Yep. I think ironic that posters slamming him back by not giving Tigers as much respect as they deserve.

Both awesome achievements. He has probably been asked a couple of hundred times (literally) about this and slipped up. It's our media, asked a million questions a million times and find some catchy quotes.

Yep, it's a lack of discipline on Dimma's behalf for sure. I completely agree.

comrade
13-12-2017, 08:02 PM
Who cares what Hardwick thinks. We sucked in 2017, so its not like he said anything we don't know.

Twodogs
13-12-2017, 09:31 PM
Who cares what Hardwick thinks. We sucked in 2017, so its not like he said anything we don't know.

It's funny 'cos it's true!

S Coast Simon
14-12-2017, 05:12 AM
The thing that makes it so hard to back up is every team you play the next year is primed to beat the reining premiers. You basically play every team at their best. I couldn’t believe how hard even the average teams played against us. The tigers have arguably partied twice as hard as our boys did so will be interesting to see how they handle the hunted tag next year. Personally I was thrilled the tigers won instead of Adelaide who thought it was in the bag. I watched it with a tigers mate and to see him as happy as I was the year before was fantastic. Can’t wait for next year to start. The tigers also had the full list to choose from they barely had an injury in the finals. That would definitely help

Mantis
14-12-2017, 09:36 AM

We did suck, but we also got belted around the ears with injuries... Richmond had a dream run in 2017 on this front so we wait and see what's in store for them in 2018.

bulldogsthru&thru
14-12-2017, 10:26 AM
We did suck, but we also got belted around the ears with injuries... Richmond had a dream run in 2017 on this front so we wait and see what's in store for them in 2018.

I'm concerned with what's in store for us. Not sure i can go through another year of injuries