PDA

View Full Version : lorraine wilson footy kids books

langers1971
31-12-2017, 03:11 PM
I am hoping someone here can possibly assist me here, i am searching for the old Lorraine Wilson footy kids books, series 1 was released in 1982, series 2 was released in 1984.

The author herself cannot help me, wondering if anyone on here has either one of these books at all.

The picture attached shows books for series 2 and series 3, however, i need books for series 1 and 2.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

thank you

Twodogs
31-12-2017, 03:31 PM
Sorry. I can remember having that one with the girl on the cover that says 'Dogs' but I've got kids so God knows where it went.

Webby
31-12-2017, 04:07 PM
I am hoping someone here can possibly assist me here, i am searching for the old Lorraine Wilson footy kids books, series 1 was released in 1982, series 2 was released in 1984.

The author herself cannot help me, wondering if anyone on here has either one of these books at all.

The picture attached shows books for series 2 and series 3, however, i need books for series 1 and 2.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

thank you

I've got the one pictured on the left and the one published before it.

langers1971
31-12-2017, 04:58 PM
I've got the one pictured on the left and the one published before it.

Webby

Are you interested in selling??

Webby
31-12-2017, 11:31 PM
Webby

Are you interested in selling??

Ah geez, sorry, I've given it to my son. It's on his bookshelf. Would feel like a bit of a creep flogging it. Happy to scan all pages and send to you if the author's okay with it?

LostDoggy
01-01-2018, 12:23 AM
Used to have the dogs one years ago but don't know if it is still on the bookshelf somewhere or not. Will check and see,

Twodogs
01-01-2018, 12:26 AM
Ah geez, sorry, I've given it to my son. It's on his bookshelf. Would feel like a bit of a creep flogging it. Happy to scan all pages and send to you if the author's okay with it?

When I was a kid (7 or 8) my dad got me the best model railway set you have ever seen. It was huge, set on a table larger than a kitchen table it had lakes, towers, fields-pretty much everything you could want. Got it on a Friday night after school and on the Monday I could hardly wait to go to school (which was unusual because I hated school) to tell my mates all about it. I was an only child and my dream was to have a bunch of kids at my house playing with my awesome model train set.

Monday comes and I virtually jump out of bed and ran to school to tell everyone and invite them all over to have a go on my massive brand spanking new train set. At the end of the day 15 kids and me run back to my place straining at the leash to have a go at operating the rolling stock.

My mum and dad both worked so I was a latch key kid. I always had he house to myself usually until mum got home about an hour after I did. So we get to my house, open the front door and go out to the backyard into my mums sewing room which was the only room in the house that the set could fit in and not be getting in the way all the time. I fling open the door to find an empty room sans my model railway set. My friends all look at me with a look that said "Yeah, sure you had a huge railway set. We can all see it, there it is right there.:rolleyes: and then they went home.

When mum got home I said "where's my train set gone mum?" Mum said "Well your dad is doing a job (he was a house painter) and the people who's house he is painting have a son and he's retarded (excuse me using that word, but they were mum's exact words-I know because every word remains tattooed on my psyche- but it was nearly 50 years ago and the word retard didn't have the same connotation it has today) and dad didn't think you would mind giving it to their poor little boy, so he came home this morning, packed it up and took it over to him. The little boy was so happy. Isn't your father a great bloke?" What could I say? I hated anyone knowing what was on my mind so I just said "yeah, he's a great bloke isn't he" then I walked around the corner, sat down on the footpath and cried for half an hour!

And the twist in the tail? I've worked almost my entire working life working with PWAD's (people with a disability) mainly those who suffer from autism. Thinking about it there must be two reasons I work in this field. One I genuinely enjoy making a difference in the lives of people who need some help-the job satisfaction is enormous. And two: I'm still looking for that bloody train set. Somebody must have it! :cool:

bornadog
01-01-2018, 01:52 AM
Great story TD, and what a great father to think of a kid who was in difficult circumstances, knowing you would be be upset but also knowing that kid would have something in its life to help him feel so much better.

Twodogs
01-01-2018, 02:49 AM
Great story TD, and what a great father to think of a kid who was in difficult circumstances, knowing you would be be upset but also knowing that kid would have something in its life to help him feel so much better.

My dad was a bloke straight out of the box. I lost count of the number of people who came up to me at his funeral and since he's died and said "you probably don't know this but your dad...saved my life/bailed me out of remand/built this for me/did that for me/kicked this blokes arse for me/took me to his house for a meal when nobody else would even talk to me/gave me a huge model railway set/repaired my house after a hailstorm and didn't pester me for payment because he knew we were doing it hard and on and on.

And the thing is I had never met most of these people. I knew dad would do anything for anybody but when i actually understand just how many people he helped out I was amazed.

I am so proud that he was my dad, but geez I miss him