PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it great that nowadays...

Twodogs
06-01-2018, 05:50 PM
On a stinking hot day like today we can reach into the DVD collection and happily sit through a couple of hours of Grand Final tension and release, Prelim final drama and delight, semi final putting some demons to rest or Elimanation final suprise mulling pants down off!

I'd just like to think the footy gods and point out to them what a bang up job they are doing of the mercurial part of their job. That premiership and finals series came from nowhere.

Eastdog
06-01-2018, 06:18 PM
I'm at my Cousin's wedding today. It has been very hot.

Flamethrower
06-01-2018, 06:26 PM
Who needs a 40C day to revisit September 2016? I throw on the 2016 GF or PF every time channel Bruce give us a dud Friday night game.

Insufficient Intent
07-01-2018, 12:16 PM
I'd just like to think the footy gods and point out to them what a bang up job they are doing of the mercurial part of their job. That premiership and finals series came from nowhere.

Too true TD,

A peerless lifetime experience; and now with the wisdom of hindsight, I reckon was worth the wait.

There's another recent thread discussing what Christmas means to us all; embracing the enjoyment of the occasion by our young kids or grandkids, relishing catching up with friends and rellies and also fondly remembering Christmases past with family who have passed on, who'd contributed so much to our pleasure.

That final series was literally out of the blue, when all our Christmases came at once.

Twodogs
07-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Too true TD,

A peerless lifetime experience; and now with the wisdom of hindsight, I reckon was worth the wait.

There's another recent thread discussing what Christmas means to us all; embracing the enjoyment of the occasion by our young kids or grandkids, relishing catching up with friends and rellies and also fondly remembering Christmases past with family who have passed on, who'd contributed so much to our pleasure.

That final series was literally out of the blue, when all our Christmases came at once.

It did, they did and the Footy Gods saw that it was good. I can believe in miracles now.

Eastdog
07-01-2018, 01:52 PM
It was a fantastic final series. Every one of the finals were just great and not expected.

Week 1 demolishing the Eagles on their home turf

Week 2 beating the reigning premiers at the G in front of 88,000 - I was there!

Week 3 beating the plastics in a gruelling match in Western Sydney which got us into our first grand final in 55 years - Luke Darcy "The Dogs are into the Grand Final, can you believe it".

Week 4 Grand Final day knocking off the Swans in another gruelling match tugging away at the end to win by 22 points. Tom Boyd was fanatastic, Liam Picken's goal is in the memory bank, Zaine Cordy getting our first Goal, Dale Morris tackling Buddy and many more in front of 99,981 - I was there!

Twodogs
07-01-2018, 02:32 PM
It was a fantastic final series. Every one of the finals were just great and not expected.

Week 1 demolishing the Eagles on their home turf

Week 2 beating the reigning premiers at the G in front of 88,000 - I was there!

Week 3 beating the plastics in a gruelling match in Western Sydney which got us into our first grand final in 55 years - Luke Darcy "The Dogs are into the Grand Final, can you believe it".

Week 4 Grand Final day knocking off the Swans in another gruelling match tugging away at the end to win by 22 points. Tom Boyd was fanatastic, Liam Picken's goal is in the memory bank, Zaine Cordy getting our first Goal, Dale Morris tackling Buddy and many more in front of 99,981 - I was there!

Yep, me too. The highlight of my life.

Eastdog
07-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Yep, me too. The highlight of my life.

Sat Level 4 Olympic Stand Q54 only a few rows from the front. Electric atmosphere it was. It is a day I will always cherish.

Twodogs
07-01-2018, 06:23 PM
Sat Level 4 Olympic Stand Q54 only a few rows from the front. Electric atmosphere it was. It is a day I will always cherish.

I was about 4 rows from the front on the 50 metre line we kicked to the first quarter.

Eastdog
07-01-2018, 08:34 PM
Would be good to try and fit in another Grand Final woofcast before the season starts and a first time PF woofcast. Will depend on the numbers of course.

Twodogs
07-01-2018, 08:42 PM
Would be good to try and fit in another Grand Final woofcast before the season starts and a first time PF woofcast. Will depend on the numbers of course.

I, as always, am in.

WOOFcasts are fun. I really enjoy living through it all again because no matter what goes wrong we have a happy ending.

merantau
08-01-2018, 10:42 PM
I would be very surprised if our 2016 performance is ever emulated. It was the Mother of All Finals Campaigns.

Twodogs
08-01-2018, 11:24 PM
I would be very surprised if our 2016 performance is ever emulated. It was the Mother of All Finals Campaigns.

It was almost worth waiting those 62 years (well, my 52 years anyway) for.

westdog54
11-01-2018, 05:09 AM
On a stinking hot day like today we can reach into the DVD collection and happily sit through a couple of hours of Grand Final tension and release, Prelim final drama and delight, semi final putting some demons to rest or Elimanation final suprise mulling pants down off!

The beauty part of that finals series is that each game had a different tone to it, a completely new story to tell.

The Qualifying final was a demolition job against a team close to unbeatable at home all year.

The Semi saw us chip away at the reigning champs bit by bit before unleashing lefts and rights in the last few rounds of the fight.

The Prelim was quite simply the greatest football match I've watched from start to finish. If you're looking to sell Aussie Rules to someone who's never watched the game, simply put them in front of a TV showing the last quarter of that final.

The Granny saw us riding 62 years of hopes and dreams until the last two minutes of the game. It was a wonderful contest that provided a fitting end to a fantastic season of AFL football.

There's something for everyone in that finals series.

Twodogs
11-01-2018, 10:35 AM
The beauty part of that finals series is that each game had a different tone to it, a completely new story to tell.

The Qualifying final was a demolition job against a team close to unbeatable at home all year.

The Semi saw us chip away at the reigning champs bit by bit before unleashing lefts and rights in the last few rounds of the fight.

The Prelim was quite simply the greatest football match I've watched from start to finish. If you're looking to sell Aussie Rules to someone who's never watched the game, simply put them in front of a TV showing the last quarter of that final.

The Granny saw us riding 62 years of hopes and dreams until the last two minutes of the game. It was a wonderful contest that provided a fitting end to a fantastic season of AFL football.

There's something for everyone in that finals series.

That's exactly what I was trying to say.

Eastdog
11-01-2018, 01:43 PM

Winning 4 finals in a row and winning it from 7th position with the odds against us right at the start of the finals series despite the player inclusions for the first final. Could be a unique record we have for a long long time.

Eastdog
11-01-2018, 01:45 PM
I, as always, am in.

WOOFcasts are fun. I really enjoy living through it all again because no matter what goes wrong we have a happy ending.

That's right :) Yeah I look forward to doing another Woofcast again at some point.

Twodogs
11-01-2018, 06:39 PM
Winning 4 finals in a row and winning it from 7th position with the odds against us right at the start of the finals series despite the player inclusions for the first final. Could be a unique record we have for a long long time.

I can remember saying to you in that fortnight break between the Freo game and the first final "all we have to do is win 4 games in a row, I've seen us win 4 games in a row lots of times"

I didn't really believe we could do it myself but I hate admitting defeat.

bornadog
11-01-2018, 06:40 PM
The Eastie and TD thread. :D

Twodogs
11-01-2018, 07:24 PM

Just shootin' the breeze with my old mucker Eastie.

Twodogs
11-01-2018, 07:26 PM
Talking about that time we won the premiership, I don't know if you remember it happening. Eastie was just saying that he went too. I dunno though. I was there too and I didn't see him there.

Eastdog
11-01-2018, 07:52 PM
Talking about that time we won the premiership, I don't know if you remember it happening. Eastie was just saying that he went too. I dunno though. I was there too and I didn't see him there.

Definitely was there but was a huge crowd so not surprising we didn't bump into each other :)

Eastdog
11-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Just shootin' the breeze with my old mucker Eastie.

Will catch up one day at the footy or at a WB family day.

Eastdog
11-01-2018, 07:54 PM

Sorry BAD :) I'm training for the new WOOF season.