PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Final series

Mantis
09-01-2018, 09:41 AM
I had all the final series games saved on my Foxtel IQ, but a recent upgrade meant they were wiped.

Does anyway have the games saved and can put them on a USB for me? Happy to pay for costs to get them across to me.

bornadog
09-01-2018, 10:23 AM
I have all the finals on hard disk. I just checked and without the grandfinal, there is at least 70gb there as it is all in HD. I am presuming you have the grandfinal.

How would you like to work this out as I don't think I have a USB that large. Probably better for you to give me a portable Hard Drive.

Mantis
09-01-2018, 10:58 AM
I only have the SF.

I'll send you a PM.

mjp
10-01-2018, 11:06 AM
...this is why I am not upgrading my IQ box. I have asked them to transfer the files and they have told me it either can't be done or they wont do it (which is different but effectively the same).

Topdog
10-01-2018, 02:17 PM
oh that is devastating. I too have the entire finals series. Happy to move them across to a external HDD if you have one lying around.

If you live in Melb PM me, I work in the CBD area so happy to organise if that suits you.

If you dont have a HDD and are OK with the DVD version you could still get that Victory Pack

LostDog
10-01-2018, 05:01 PM
I know this is a long shot, I’m chasing the records or a good scan pic of the 2016 finals series records
For vs West Coast, vs Hawthorn, vs GWS
I have the GF

Even front cover Scand would be awesome

Sedat
11-01-2018, 12:58 AM
I had all the final series games saved on my Foxtel IQ, but a recent upgrade meant they were wiped.

Does anyway have the games saved and can put them on a USB for me? Happy to pay for costs to get them across to me.
Same happened to me when I moved house last month - everything on my Foxtel planner was wiped. Had all 4 finals and every single footy show special that aired on Foxtel during the finals and in the aftermath. Not happy.

bornadog
11-01-2018, 10:13 AM
I know this is a long shot, I’m chasing the records or a good scan pic of the 2016 finals series records
I have the GF

Why don't you contact AFL Records and see what they can do for you.

Georgie Evans
Sales & Distribution Manager
Ph (03) 9643 1744

georgie.evans@afl.com.au

Ozza
11-01-2018, 07:12 PM
Another tip for anyone looking to watch the finals matches - if you have an Apple TV device - YouTube have all of the games in full.

swampdau
11-01-2018, 07:44 PM
I have the GF

I have GWS but not looking to part with it. Happy to scan some of it for you - what are you looking for?

Twodogs
11-01-2018, 08:55 PM
If you just want the cover you might find them on google images.

The Adelaide Connection
12-01-2018, 01:37 AM

Hey Mantis,
There is a torrent site that you can download pretty much any game from, it is invite only but I have enough credits that I can trade some in for some invites if you would like to sign up and want to download them all. There is also pretty much every pregame and post game GF show on there (as well as a range of different radio calls) that you can download too.

Let me know if you are keen and I can pass the details along to you.

bornadog
12-01-2018, 10:04 AM
Hey Mantis,
There is a torrent site that you can download pretty much any game from, it is invite only but I have enough credits that I can trade some in for some invites if you would like to sign up and want to download them all. There is also pretty much every pregame and post game GF show on there (as well as a range of different radio calls) that you can download too.

Let me know if you are keen and I can pass the details along to you.

Cheers. I am catching up with Mantis today to grab his Hard drive.

WBFC4FFC
20-01-2018, 09:18 PM
Same happened to me when I moved house last month - everything on my Foxtel planner was wiped. Had all 4 finals and every single footy show special that aired on Foxtel during the finals and in the aftermath. Not happy.

I too got stung on this when the Foxtel was upgraded. Not that I have decided to sit and watch the replay yet.

soupman
20-01-2018, 11:30 PM
Pretty sure the whole Bulldogs finals series is being shown in the next few days on Fox if anyone needs to tape it again, including the against all odds program thing.

Insufficient Intent
21-01-2018, 12:51 PM
Pretty sure the whole Bulldogs finals series is being shown in the next few days on Fox if anyone needs to tape it again, including the against all odds program thing.

Soupaman is spot on.

According to my Foxtel App Guide, next Wednesday, 24th Jan., is the Feast Day of the Glorious Doggies on FoxFooty Channel:

12.30-3.00 pm: EF2 v. West Coast
3.00-5.30 pm: SF2 v. Hawthorn
5.30-8.00 pm: PF1 v. GWS
8.00-11.00 pm: GF v. Sydney
11.00-12.00 am: Open Mike- Against All Odds

Outside of Foxtel, I've been disappointed to find that many of the links from the 2016 series I had on YouTube have been taken down due to copyright breaches.
All the games are still available on the AFL app. though, if a hand-held device replay is sufficiently indulgent.

Twodogs
21-01-2018, 01:35 PM
Cheers. I am catching up with Mantis today to grab his Hard drive.

Did Mantis know you were doing that? ;)

Twodogs
21-01-2018, 01:36 PM
I too got stung on this when the Foxtel was upgraded. Not that I have decided to sit and watch the replay yet.

Hang on, do you mean to say that you haven't watched a replay of the grand final yet?

ledge
21-01-2018, 02:45 PM
Don't know how many times I've turned on Foxtel lately and it's the 1980 grand final again.

Twodogs
21-01-2018, 04:07 PM
Don't know how many times I've turned on Foxtel lately and it's the 1980 grand final again.

I think I was at the 1980 GF. I certainly had a series ticket (you clipped a coupon out of the sun, payed like $7 and they sent you back standing room tickets to all the finals at the MCG. I reckon I went to almost every final at the MCG back in the late 70s and early '80s and can recall seeing most of the highlights and controversies live.

It was a much simpler time. Not as much sport was televise so if you wanted to see it then you had to go and watch it live.

westdog54
21-01-2018, 04:12 PM
I think I was at the 1980 GF. I certainly had a series ticket (you clipped a coupon out of the sun, payed like $7 and they sent you back standing room tickets to all the finals at the MCG. I reckon I went to almost every final at the MCG back in the late 70s and early '80s and can recall seeing most of the highlights and controversies live.

It was a much simpler time. Not as much sport was televise so if you wanted to see it then you had to go and watch it live.

And yet even with saturation TV coverage, the desire/demand to be there in person is as strong as ever.

Twodogs
21-01-2018, 06:18 PM
And yet even with saturation TV coverage, the desire/demand to be there in person is as strong as ever.

It wasn't that long ago that they wouldn't start broadcasting the until an hour after the it had started. I remmber one night a mate came around to watch a game and we kept betting my housemate that we'd kick a goal or a point from set shots because we'd been listening on the radio and he thought it was live. He was into us for about 70 bucks before we couldn't keep straight faces anymore and he checked the actual staring time of the game and tumbled us.