View Full Version : 2018 AFLW Practice Match

bornadog
16-01-2018, 05:43 PM
Western Bulldogs vs Carlton

Mars Stadium, Ballarat
Saturday, January 20
Gates open: 6pm
Bouncedown: 7pm

Entry: Free & via Gate 1 off Creswick Road.

Merchandise

Merchandise available for purchase from Gate 1 include new 2018 AFLW range, Asics range and The Outsiders DVD. Open from 5pm to 7pm.

Memberships

2018 Memberships will be available to purchase at Gate 1. AFLW memberships can be purchased and redeemed at the game in time for the start of the season. All other 2018 memberships, including Ballarat memberships, can also be bought or renewed at the game.

Food, drink & activities

Catering available at Gate 1.
North Ballarat Sports Bar will be open.
No BYO alcohol
Woofer and Butch will be helping to run fun games and activities on the netball court near Gate 3.
Kick to kick after the game available

Hotdog60
17-01-2018, 12:04 AM
I don't suppose any of these will be televised or streamed.

choconmientay
17-01-2018, 10:19 AM
Western Bulldogs’ Laura Bailey looking forward to AFLW games in Ballarat (http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/5168597/western-bulldogs-laura-bailey-looking-forward-to-aflw-games-in-ballarat/)

http://nnimgt-a.akamaihd.net/transform/v1/crop/frm/fPp9fXhmaMgXMu95r5rLmA/561167ad-b1e9-462c-baa4-7af8b713dd96.jpg/r188_7_3195_2174_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Western Bulldogs defender Laura Bailey expects Saturday’s AFLW practice match in Ballarat to be a precursor to a fully-fledged women’s game for premiership points in the city.

Bailey, who hails from Ballarat, is preparing for her club’s major pre-season hit-out, which will be against Carlton at the redeveloped Mars Stadium this weekend.

The 25-year-old told The Courier that she would love to see the ground host an AFLW fixture in the coming years.

“I see that in the future and I feel like this practice game is just one step forward to creating that even strong er bond between Ballarat and the Western Bulldogs,” Bailey said.

There isn’t any matches scheduled for Ballarat in the second season of the AFLW competition, which gets underway with round one matches in early February.

Bailey said it will be a great experience to play in her old home town in front of friends and family this weekend.

“I’m just really excited. Having older grandparents, it’s great for them and probably for the whole of the Ballarat community that can’t get down to Melbourne to watch the girls,” she said.

"I see that in the future..."

“I think it’s great for people like that that have the opportunity to drive around the corner and see women’s AFL first hand.”

This Saturday, Bailey is likely to play alongside new Western Bulldogs player Jenna Bruton, who was recruited to the club during last year’s draft.

Bruton hails from Trentham and played plenty of football in Ballarat early in her career.

Saturday’s practice match is set to start at 7pm. Entry is free, with the gates to open from 6pm.

Following this, the Bulldogs will continue preparations for the 2018 season.

The club will take on Fremantle at the Whitten Oval in round one on Sunday, February 4.

Carlton will open the new season against Collingwood on Friday, February 2

bornadog
17-01-2018, 11:05 AM
I don't suppose any of these will be televised or streamed.

Yeah, I doubt it.

Testekill
20-01-2018, 08:13 PM
Huntington has been prolific so far

Match has an audio stream here

https://www.facebook.com/girlsplayfooty/

bornadog
21-01-2018, 01:17 AM
Carlton won by 16 points

HOSE B ROMERO
21-01-2018, 02:51 PM
Aasta O'connor best for the dogs. After missing some of the games last year through injury, look forward to her having a big impact in the ruck this season.

bornadog
21-01-2018, 04:37 PM
Aasta O'connor best for the dogs. After missing some of the games last year through injury, look forward to her having a big impact in the ruck this season.

Katie Brennan missed due to a virus. Good crowd in Ballarat.... around 3000