PDA

View Full Version : WOOF meet up at the footy in 2018

Eastdog
18-01-2018, 08:58 PM
Would be great to do this sometime this season to catch up with other woofers at the footy. I bumped into soupaman at the shops one time. I think the best way would be to pick a spot to meet and keep in contact via PM.

The family day in February is another option as well more relaxed atmosphere to talk about the season ahead that's if I decide to go.

Twodogs
18-01-2018, 09:08 PM
Go ahead and organise it Easty, just tell me where and when.

Eastdog
18-01-2018, 09:12 PM
If I go to the family day in February will meet up there for those woofers that go if not then I reckon our first home game for season 2018. Will play it by ear.

Twodogs
18-01-2018, 10:34 PM
If I go to the family day in February will meet up there for those woofers that go if not then I reckon our first home game for season 2018. Will play it by ear.

Maybe not the first home game Easty. I'm usually catching up with people I haven't seen for a while that day.

Eastdog
19-01-2018, 12:13 AM
Maybe not the first home game Easty. I'm usually catching up with people I haven't seen for a while that day.

There are plenty of other games in the season we can catch up so one of those ones.

Axe Man
19-01-2018, 12:56 PM
How will we recognise each other? Do we need to establish something noticeable about our appearance on the day? Perhaps Danny Southern haircuts? Ben Hudson beards? Jake Stringer Chewbacca tattoos? I also think there should be a secret handshake.

Eastdog
19-01-2018, 12:59 PM
How will we recognise each other? Do we need to establish something noticeable about our appearance on the day? Perhaps Danny Southern haircuts? Ben Hudson beards? Jake Stringer Chewbacca tattoos? I also think there should be a secret handshake.

I think the best way would be just to agree to meet in an area of the ground and post up when we are in that area. We could make name tags with our WOOF usernames which would make us all identify one another.

Twodogs
19-01-2018, 01:08 PM
I think the best way would be just to agree to meet in an area of the ground and post up when we are in that area. We could make name tags with our WOOF usernames which would make us all identify one another.

I like the secret handshake Idea. I wanna do the one Homer and Kristy worked out. I wanna sack of doorknobs too

Axe Man
19-01-2018, 05:39 PM

Nametags! Really Easty? Use your imagination. How about we slap on some fake tan and budgie smugglers and come as Terry Wallace?
https://s9.postimg.org/ko2zqqm73/proxy.php_image_http_resources0.news.com.au_images_2009_05_1 9.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

bornadog
19-01-2018, 05:42 PM
Or we could be the woofcutters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCXtGhtKk28

Eastdog
19-01-2018, 06:19 PM
I like the secret handshake Idea. I wanna do the one Homer and Kristy worked out. I wanna sack of doorknobs too

Yes the secret handshake could be goer. Axe Man is right :)

Twodogs
20-01-2018, 12:59 PM
Or we could be the woofcutters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCXtGhtKk28

Nah, I reckon the secret handshake they had for their vigilante mob was better.

"And now the code names, I'll be cue ball, Barney can be eight ball and Moe you can be cue ball" " yer an idiot"

So I'm only coming if we can have code names. I could be twodogs, Easty could be Eas... Oh right.

Twodogs
20-01-2018, 01:02 PM
Nametags! Really Easty? Use your imagination. How about we slap on some fake tan and budgie smugglers and come as Terry Wallace?
https://s9.postimg.org/ko2zqqm73/proxy.php_image_http_resources0.news.com.au_images_2009_05_1 9.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

How long have you had that photo of Plough Axy and exactly what purpose did it serve?

Wait. I don't want to know the answer to question two!

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
20-01-2018, 06:23 PM
Do you really want to know?

Eastdog
20-01-2018, 08:43 PM
If I go to any VFL games this year that's another opportunity for woofers that go to the VFL.

Twodogs
20-01-2018, 09:42 PM
If I go to any VFL games this year that's another opportunity for woofers that go to the VFL.

Hang in, I'm confused. Is it ok for us to go to VFL matches if you don't go though Easty.

Eastdog
20-01-2018, 09:44 PM
Hang in, I'm confused. Is it ok for us to go to VFL matches if you don't go though Easty.

Yes it is absolutely ok Twodogs :)

azabob
21-01-2018, 10:42 AM
Would be great to do this sometime this season to catch up with other woofers at the footy. I bumped into soupaman at the shops one time. I think the best way would be to pick a spot to meet and keep in contact via PM.

The family day in February is another option as well more relaxed atmosphere to talk about the season ahead that's if I decide to go.

How did you know it was soupaman?

Twodogs
21-01-2018, 11:05 AM

Easty obviously recognised the handshake,

Eastdog
21-01-2018, 03:28 PM

I was wearing my Bulldog cap when I was in JB Hi Fi and someone came up to me and said are you Eastdog and I said yes I am and he said hello I'm soupaman.

bornadog
21-01-2018, 04:34 PM
I was wearing my Bulldog cap when I was in JB Hi Fi and someone came up to me and said are you Eastdog and I said yes I am and he said hello I'm soupaman.

You must look like an Eastdog, or did you have a name tag on :D:D

Twodogs
21-01-2018, 05:19 PM

OK! Now you have me curious about how soupaman knew that you were Eastdog from WOOF. Do you have a name tag? Do you have a WOOF tattoo? Had soupaman asked thousands of random strangers before he got a Yes (and if that's what happened then I've got a heap more questions but they can wait until another day) did you happen to have WOOF open on one of JB's computers?

I had a similar thing happen at a Footscray match, I convinced myself a random stranger watching the game was Greystache and it was. I can't remember what it was that started me thinking he was GS.

Eastdog
21-01-2018, 11:17 PM
OK! Now you have me curious about how soupaman knew that you were Eastdog from WOOF. Do you have a name tag? Do you have a WOOF tattoo? Had soupaman asked thousands of random strangers before he got a Yes (and if that's what happened then I've got a heap more questions but they can wait until another day) did you happen to have WOOF open on one of JB's computers?

I had a similar thing happen at a Footscray match, I convinced myself a random stranger watching the game was Greystache and it was. I can't remember what it was that started me thinking he was GS.

My theory: Soupaman was out in the east like myself and it was mentioned in the WOOF community/members locations thread from years ago now so when he spotted my Bulldog cap it must have jogged his memory that it was a strong possibility it was me.

GVGjr
21-01-2018, 11:29 PM
My theory: Soupaman was out in the east like myself and it was mentioned in the WOOF community/members locations thread from years ago now so when he spotted my Bulldog cap it must have jogged his memory that it was a strong possibility it was me.

My theory is that he has seen you on a Bulldogs facebook page or something like that,

Eastdog
21-01-2018, 11:36 PM
My theory is that he has seen you on a Bulldogs facebook page or something like that,

Possibly but now I've deactivated my account but still can use Facebook messenger which is good.

It was a great pick up from soupaman.

soupman
22-01-2018, 09:07 AM
I am loathe to give away my secrets on here but after reading multiple posts about how Eastdog had spotted bulldog supporters and/or their numberplates while shopping at knox jb hifi i made the educated guess that the man browsing the cds in Knox JB hifi with a bulldogs cap on would only be the great man himself.

Of course there was always the possibility that it could have been someone else who having used their powers of deduction like me had setup hoping to catch a glimpse or even be recognised by Eastdog himself, but i felt it was a risk worth taking.

Eastdog
22-01-2018, 02:12 PM
Met him I think the day before the first AFL game in the pre season back at the Whitten Oval since the late 1990s.

Twodogs
22-01-2018, 03:13 PM
I've remembered now. Greystache had his bulldog with him and I'd heard its name before so I barged up and asked if his dog was called (ive forgotten now) whtever it's name was.

Slim Picken's was there too.

craigsahibee
22-01-2018, 03:55 PM
I am loathe to give away my secrets on here but after reading multiple posts about how Eastdog had spotted bulldog supporters and/or their numberplates while shopping at knox jb hifi i made the educated guess that the man browsing the cds in Knox JB hifi with a bulldogs cap on would only be the great man himself.

Of course there was always the possibility that it could have been someone else who having used their powers of deduction like me had setup hoping to catch a glimpse or even be recognised by Eastdog himself, but i felt it was a risk worth taking.

For your sake Eastdog, I hope you never have to enter into some witness protection program. Clearly you are highly recognisable and you may have to lose the Bulldogs merch just to get around.

Twodogs
22-01-2018, 05:51 PM
For your sake Eastdog, I hope you never have to enter into some witness protection program. Clearly you are highly recognisable and you may have to lose the Bulldogs merch just to get around.

Yep, the bulldog bling is advertising your presence Easty.

jeemak
22-01-2018, 06:26 PM
I've remembered now. Greystache had his bulldog with him and I'd heard its name before so I barged up and asked if his dog was called (ive forgotten now) whtever it's name was.

Slim Picken's was there too.

I think he named his Bulldog Griff.........?

Twodogs
22-01-2018, 07:24 PM
I think he named his Bulldog Griff.........?

Yeah I think that was it. There was that issue of whether he should change it after the horrible Griff left.

Eastdog
13-02-2018, 12:00 AM
Family day just under 2 weeks say now so will be cool to catch up with Twodogs and other woofers there. That's if I go :)

Eastdog
19-02-2018, 04:38 PM
If I am there at the family day on Saturday I'll post on here where abouts I am preferably in a place at the ground where it's easier to find everyone where it's not as busy.

Twodogs
20-02-2018, 10:56 AM
If I am there at the family day on Saturday I'll post on here where abouts I am preferably in a place at the ground where it's easier to find everyone where it's not as busy.

I'm pretty free this weekend. I can make the meet up at the family day this year. My kids are in Tassie visiting their mum so I have some time on my hands so let us know where and when Easty and we can meet up and have a kick of the footy and maybe pick a fight with the locals!

Eastdog
20-02-2018, 05:06 PM
I'm pretty free this weekend. I can make the meet up at the family day this year. My kids are in Tassie visiting their mum so I have some time on my hands so let us know where and when Easty and we can meet up and have a kick of the footy and maybe pick a fight with the locals!

Planning on getting there between 9:30am-10am.

If I decide not to go the best other opportunities throughout the year mentioned previously might be some of those VFL games less busy compared to the regular home and away season AFL games. A few of those AFL games though that probably won't draw as big crowds would be ideal. The Round 3 game v the Dons would be quite a big crowd.

jazzadogs
20-02-2018, 06:28 PM
Planning on getting there between 9:30am-10am.

If I decide not to go the best other opportunities throughout the year mentioned previously might be some of those VFL games less busy compared to the regular home and away season AFL games. A few of those AFL games though that probably won't draw as big crowds would be ideal. The Round 3 game v the Dons would be quite a big crowd.

Don't give us problems Easty, give us solutions!

Eastdog
20-02-2018, 08:24 PM
Don't give us problems Easty, give us solutions!

I think we play it by ear and post up at anytime an opportunity arises to catch up when the opportunity is there and then go from there.

Eastdog
24-02-2018, 11:31 AM
At Whitten Oval now, sitting up in the great Whitten Stand.

Twodogs
24-02-2018, 11:33 AM
At Whitten Oval now, sitting up in the great Whitten Stand.

I'm at the doctors but I shouldn't be long. How full is it Easty?

Eastdog
24-02-2018, 11:35 AM
I'm at the doctors but I shouldn't be long. How full is it Easty?

Not a huge crowd.

Eastdog
24-02-2018, 04:45 PM
We didn't end up catching up Twodogs. Always the AFL games and those VFL double headers.

Twodogs
24-02-2018, 06:21 PM
We didn't end up catching up Twodogs. Always the AFL games and those VFL double headers.

I have a cold Easty. It was a little too warm for me.

Eastdog
24-02-2018, 06:23 PM
I have a cold Easty. It was a little too warm for me.

Yeah probably better you didn't go if you are a bit under the weather.

Hope you are better soon Twodogs.

choconmientay
25-02-2018, 01:14 AM
Sorry Easy. I couldn't make it to today event either to catch up. Sunday would be more suitable for us. Most of the Asian kids would be having language schools until midday makes it impossible to attend. Parents are occupied with taking them to school and back.

Eastdog
25-02-2018, 03:18 PM
Sorry Easy. I couldn't make it to today event either to catch up. Sunday would be more suitable for us. Most of the Asian kids would be having language schools until midday makes it impossible to attend. Parents are occupied with taking them to school and back.

No worries choc. Yeah Saturday is busy for many. As I said to Twodogs before always the AFL games during the season or the VFL games at WO particular those double headers leading into the main AFL game are other opportunities. It's always great getting out to the Whitten Oval. Before the AFLW, VFL teams it was just a training ground for us now it's been utilised a lot.

Eastdog
21-03-2018, 10:16 PM
A few weeks away now:

The Round 2 Lunchtime VFL game at Whitten Oval which is before our Round 4 Twilight AFL game on the Saturday at Etihad is an opportunity again. First home game yeah will be catching with the Bulldog people around me again for another season.

Eastdog
03-05-2018, 10:48 PM
I'm usually in the social club at half time having a beer milling around for a bit so good opportunity to catch up. Next week is against an interstate side so won't be as crowded.

bornadog
04-05-2018, 12:03 AM
I'm usually in the social club at half time having a beer milling around for a bit so good opportunity to catch up. Next week is against an interstate side so won't be as crowded.

I only go before the game. Too hard to get to for half time with the break only 15 min.

Eastdog
04-05-2018, 01:49 PM
I only go before the game. Too hard to get to for half time with the break only 15 min.

Yeah if you get to the ground earlier a pre game drink is good in there.

From where I am L1 A33 to L1 A16 it's a bit of a walk but good exercise at half time :)

azabob
04-05-2018, 09:18 PM
This thread is amusing.

Eastdog
16-06-2018, 06:15 PM
I might go in earlier for the VFL game next Saturday at Etihad so for any woofers that go in for that good opportunity to catch up in that it won't be crowded then before the main AFL game.

Eastdog
23-06-2018, 07:12 PM
I'm in the Whitten Social club now.

Eastdog
24-06-2018, 08:56 PM
Was standing near the EJ Whitten board yesterday at the social club so woofers may have spotted me but didn't realise it :)

Bulldog4life
25-06-2018, 12:32 PM
Was standing near the EJ Whitten board yesterday at the social club so woofers may have spotted me but didn't realise it :)

Easty you will have to go to the footy with a rose in your lapel. Easy to recognize you then.

Eastdog
25-06-2018, 02:43 PM
Easty you will have to go to the footy with a rose in your lapel. Easy to recognize you then.

I usually go in there at half time at home games. Good to experience it pre game. I had my glasses on and was wearing a Duffle coat and Bulldog beanie.

Eastdog
03-05-2022, 03:15 PM
Great to catch up with Prince Imperial at the game on Sunday.

We sit near each other for the Dogs home games at Marvel.

He has suspected to have known that I was Eastdog for a while as we have spoken quite a bit before I found out on Sunday :D

azabob
03-05-2022, 04:02 PM
This thread is amusing.

My comment still stands.

Bulldog4life
03-05-2022, 04:11 PM
My comment still stands.

My favourite thread.

Eastdog
03-05-2022, 04:14 PM
My comment still stands.

It is a fun type thread :)

Axe Man
03-05-2022, 04:26 PM
I've been staking out JB Hi-Fi's all over the Eastern suburbs but am yet to chance upon the elusive Easty.

Eastdog
03-05-2022, 04:28 PM
I've been staking out JB Hi-Fi's all over the Eastern suburbs but am yet to chance up the elusive Easty.

Been hanging out more on the weekends in the inner west so more likely to find me there at one of those pubs :D