PDA

View Full Version : Mission Foods and Western Bulldogs 10 Years Strong today

Bulldog4life
19-01-2018, 02:56 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-01-17/mission-foods-and-western-bulldogs-10-years-strong-today

Ten years ago today, the Western Bulldogs established a partnership with Mission Foods, which has grown into one of the most significant in the Club’s history.

Since 2009, Mission and the Bulldogs have developed a relationship which goes far beyond a typical sponsorship.

Mission has been a mainstay as the Bulldogs’ major partner for a decade, which culminated in the Club’s drought-breaking premiership in 2016.

“Mission Foods are more than a major partner. They are friends,” said Bulldogs’ President Peter Gordon.

“I was delighted to share moments on the ground after the 2016 Premiership with Juan Gonzalez and to share dinner a few months later with him in his home town of Monterey in Mexico.

“He and his wife Lorena have become welcome faces at our club and our commercial team has enjoyed equally the long-term relationship built with Maria Mitropoulos and the management team at Mission.

“Both organisations have grown and assisted each other’s success over the last decade and we look forward to creating even more memories in the years ahead.”

The Bulldogs and Mission Foods will celebrate their 10-year partnership throughout the 2018 season, with the Round 15 Friday Night blockbuster against Geelong at Etihad Stadium featuring numerous activations in the lead up to, and at the game.

“10 years ago today we announced a ground breaking partnership between Mission Foods and the Western Bulldogs,” said Juan Gonzalez, CEO & President of Mission Foods.

“I am proud to say that 10 years on that partnership has solidified into more than just business – Mission Foods and the Western Bulldogs are family.

“The last decade has been an amazing journey for both businesses and our loyal fan base, culminating with the premiership win in 2016, and with the extension of our partnership we’re certainly excited about what the future holds.”

bulldogtragic
19-01-2018, 03:04 PM
The media writing folk missed an easy chance to go all out Sgt Peppers with a start like that to the article.

But may there be another few decades.

Twodogs
19-01-2018, 04:30 PM
I read that they had showings of the grand final win for the entire workforce atone of their factorys in Mexico. During work hours they watched it in shifts.

I'd have given anything to have been there to watch them watching it. There's an episode of Gogglebox I would watch.

Daughter of the West
19-01-2018, 04:33 PM
I read that they had showings of the grand final win for the entire workforce atone of their factorys in Mexico. During work hours they watched it in shifts.

I'd have given anything to have been there to watch them watching it. There's an episode of Gogglebox I would watch.

If they were anything like my Polish cousins, they would have been totally confused.

I showed the cousins clips from youtube and the first question they asked was, "Does this game have any rules?" The boys of late primary/early high school age were really taken with the concept of spekkies (speccies? speckies?) though!

Twodogs
19-01-2018, 04:37 PM
Spekkies I think.

bornadog
19-01-2018, 05:04 PM
Thankyou to Mission, what a great partner to stick with the club.

josie
19-01-2018, 09:11 PM
Thanks Mission. What a great sponsor they've been.

Love their corn chips too. Here's to another 10 years plus relationship and a quite a few more premierships.

Twodogs
19-01-2018, 10:34 PM
Thanks Mission. What a great sponsor they've been.

Love their corn chips too. Here's to another 10 years plus relationship and a quite a few more premierships.

Premierships washed down with corn chips and (duh, duh, dutta, dutta, dutta, dutta) tequila!

Twodogs
19-01-2018, 10:36 PM
I reckon 10 years is easily our longest sponsorship. With a couple of exceptions probably twice as long as any other major sponsor.

SonofScray
20-01-2018, 07:55 AM
I reckon 10 years is easily our longest sponsorship. With a couple of exceptions probably twice as long as any other major sponsor.

I think 8 years was the previous record. Mission have been terrific sponsors for us.

Eastdog
20-01-2018, 06:33 PM
Really great stuff. Mission have been really good to us.

I think this might have been asked before but does buying Misson products from the supermarket help the club?

comrade
20-01-2018, 07:29 PM
Really great stuff. Mission have been really good to us.

I think this might have been asked before but does buying Misson products from the supermarket help the club?

As in does a set % of the purchase go directly into our coffers? No, I wouldn't think so.

But the more Mission product purchased, the more they can spend on things like multi-million dollar sponsorships, so indirectly, it does help the club.

Twodogs
20-01-2018, 07:41 PM
I wonder if Mission checks their sales at supermarkets near the ground? It must be easy to do,

Eastdog
20-01-2018, 08:12 PM
As in does a set % of the purchase go directly into our coffers? No, I wouldn't think so.

But the more Mission product purchased, the more they can spend on things like multi-million dollar sponsorships, so indirectly, it does help the club.

Yep that's the right question. Cheers comrade.

bornadog
17-06-2020, 09:54 AM
Sounds like another deal done with Mission.

Remi Moses
17-06-2020, 10:20 AM
Terrific news
Particularly in the current environment
Well done

bornadog
17-06-2020, 10:27 AM
Full story:

Bulldogs and Mission Foods major partnership to reach 15 years (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/718157)

The Bulldogs Bite
17-06-2020, 10:43 AM
15 years has gone TOO quick.

Axe Man
17-06-2020, 10:47 AM

Fortunately you haven't lost 3 years, it's only been 12 so far.

Fantastic news in the current climate. Kicking more goals off field than on at the moment.

Happy Days
17-06-2020, 10:48 AM
FIFTEEN YEARS?

Wow.

GVGjr
17-06-2020, 11:52 AM
Sounds like another deal done with Mission.

Excellent, I still go out of my way buy their lines and I do like Mexican style foods

I seem to recall Bains saying he was seeing a sponsor a few weeks back and it would be a covid safe face to face meeting
Perhaps that was it

GVGjr
17-06-2020, 11:57 AM

I can recall the day it got announced. It was a Saturday and coincided with the East Meets West day at Glen Waverley
Campbell Rose and I think Smorgo had to leave the session early and start answering all the media questions. It was an opportunity to spruik the club and Mission Foods and Rose was never going to miss that chance
To say Rose went into overdrive mentioning their name repeatedly is an understatement.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
17-06-2020, 12:05 PM
Excellent, I still go out of my way buy their lines and I do like Mexican style foods

I seem to recall Bains saying he was seeing a sponsor a few weeks back and it would be a covid safe face to face meeting
Perhaps that was it

Likewise, I use their tortillas exclusively and often!
They've been an amazing sponsor and I'm really glad this is proving to be an enduring partnership.

angelopetraglia
17-06-2020, 01:20 PM
100% mission for all corn chips, wraps and tortillas .in this household. Love your work Mission.

Bulldog Revolution
17-06-2020, 02:48 PM
Brilliant news - great sponsor, great products

SonofScray
17-06-2020, 02:54 PM
They've been fantastic partners for us. Great products too.

Eastdog
17-06-2020, 04:58 PM
Great news. Mission have been a great sponsor for us.

Eastdog
17-06-2020, 05:00 PM
FIFTEEN YEARS?

Wow.

Time certainly does fly!

WBFC4FFC
17-06-2020, 05:11 PM
100% mission for all corn chips, wraps and tortillas .in this household. Love your work Mission.

Had Tacos last night, in an obvious premonition of this announcement.

Now lets kick a few goals on the field now too!

Remi Moses
17-06-2020, 05:52 PM
Love their wraps

josie
17-06-2020, 07:53 PM
Thanks Mission!! Love your chilli and lime corn chips - tangy and yummy. Agree their wraps are good too - I like their whole grain ones.

comrade
17-06-2020, 07:55 PM
I'm 'wrapped' to hear this...

Grantysghost
17-06-2020, 08:18 PM
If you don’t love and exclusively use Mission foods you aren’t the whole enchilada ! (See what you’ve started).

Prince Imperial
17-06-2020, 11:15 PM
No me gusta El Paso Viejo.

Solo Mision para mi!

Twodogs
17-06-2020, 11:37 PM
I love the story of the whole factory in Mexico sitting down to watch a game of this strange sport their employer had gotten involved with! There must have been some confused looks exchanged.

jeemak
18-06-2020, 12:03 AM
I'm a big wrap for their improvement in flavour covering on the extreme cheese offering. I don't want to get into a debate about sufficiency of cheese covering with other extreme cheese addicts but incremental improvement is improvement.

It's great that Mission is still going with us, hopefully relationships continue to prosper here on in.