PDA

View Full Version : Rate a team in 2008: The Tigers

BulldogBelle
23-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Well, Well I think DR left this one for me to do, he is aware how much I love Richmond...NOT... :D

Richmond in 2008 - where do you think they will end up? On the bottom of the ladder again with a bit of luck or perhaps slightly climbing back to their favourite position at Number 9?

Friends of mine call Richmond the Bulldog Wannabe's in that so many ex Bulldogs are there in some capacity...

To name a few...

Nathan G Brown
Terry Wallet
Brian Royal
Armstrong - can't think of his first name at the moment - Hmmm Paul?
Our little only recently departed one... Jordie McMahon
Hope I haven't left anyone else off...Bowden was delisted, so I couldnt include him.

IMO, I think they will end up 15th, apart from Richo and a few of the youngsters - I don't really think they have a lot going for them - harsh I know, but they don't instil too much confidence in me. I guess it all evolves around Wallet's 15 year plan, eventually they will prevail - but when is the 64k question?

Thoughts?

always right
23-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Not this year tigers:D To be fair I actually think they probably drafted as well as anyone for this season. Cotchin, Rance, Morton, McMahon and Gourdis will be good additions but whilst we might see senior games from Cotchin and Rance this year, they won't be ready to make any major impact for another season or two.

Too many "Ifs" with Richmond for mine. If Brown gets back to his best, If Coughlan overcomes his bad knee, If Simmonds remains uninjured, If DeLedio takes the next step, If Richo can reproduce last year's form and get some support, If Tambling actually shows the tiger supporters something. See what I mean.

They'll be at least another two years before they make any move up the ladder. Wooden spoon is beckoning this year and some more early draft picks. Personally I'd love to see them overachieve this year, miss out on early draft picks whilst knowing that they are really still crap.

On the plus side...they have Foley, a bloke I'd love to see running around with us.

BulldogBelle
24-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Wooden spoon is beckoning this year and some more early draft picks.

Imagine Nathan G Brown - having 3 Wooden spoons attached to his CV. :eek:

I wonder how he will go this year?

always right
24-01-2008, 12:12 AM

I really hope he overcomes his injuries

......and has a shithouse season.

hujsh
24-01-2008, 12:15 AM
I really hope he overcomes his injuries

......and has a shithouse season.

No more excuses eh? :D

LostDoggy
24-01-2008, 12:16 AM
Lol we all wish tigers the best.....................for the spoon.

Dont see them in the top 12 as usual, another dismall season ahead.

I dont think Jordy will give them much, his best is behind him...He stuffed up a hellofa lot last year just hope that trend continues.

Dry Rot
24-01-2008, 12:30 AM
Not this year tigers:D To be fair I actually think they probably drafted as well as anyone for this season. Cotchin, Rance, Morton, McMahon and Gourdis will be good additions but whilst we might see senior games from Cotchin and Rance this year, they won't be ready to make any major impact for another season or two.

Too many "Ifs" with Richmond for mine. If Brown gets back to his best, If Coughlan overcomes his bad knee, If Simmonds remains uninjured, If DeLedio takes the next step, If Richo can reproduce last year's form and get some support, If Tambling actually shows the tiger supporters something. See what I mean.

They'll be at least another two years before they make any move up the ladder. Wooden spoon is beckoning this year and some more early draft picks. Personally I'd love to see them overachieve this year, miss out on early draft picks whilst knowing that they are really still crap.

On the plus side...they have Foley, a bloke I'd love to see running around with us.

Newman (sp?) is pretty handy too.

But say if all your IFs come off?

They really remind of a kids backyard cricket team. The good kids get picked first and make up half a team (say those players above) and then the rest of the team is made up of the crap left behind who can't play.

Their defence looks pretty ordinary, led by one of the brave Bowden boys, Richo has bugger all support (aside from Brown) and their current midfield (not counting the latest draftees) looks lightweight.

I'm really trying to be objective and looking for reasons why they will finish above 13 - 16, but I can't find any.

And if Alwaysright's IFs don't come off, then it's 15 -16 for them.

always right
24-01-2008, 12:32 AM
Lol we all wish tigers the best.....................for the spoon.

Dont see them in the top 12 as usual, another dismall season ahead.

I dont think Jordy will give them much, his best is behind him...He stuffed up a hellofa lot last year just hope that trend continues.

Different to other posters here, I actually liked Jordy. I just hope he doesn't re-discover his pinpoint disposal with Richmond...especially when he plays us. The guy can seriously run and although he has shortcomings I was amazed how one of his strengths in previous years (kicking) turned to shyte last year.

hujsh
24-01-2008, 01:30 AM
Different to other posters here, I actually liked Jordy. I just hope he doesn't re-discover his pinpoint disposal with Richmond...especially when he plays us. The guy can seriously run and although he has shortcomings I was amazed how one of his strengths in previous years (kicking) turned to shyte last year.

Remember how he bounced the ball through the goals from outside 50 against Adelaide in 06 in the nailbiter.

aker39
24-01-2008, 02:27 PM

He already has 3

2003 - Bulldogs
2004 - Richmond
2007 - Richmond

I always like asking the Trivia question - who is the only player to have won back to back Wooden Sponds with different clubs.

BulldogBelle
25-01-2008, 01:21 PM
He already has 3

2003 - Bulldogs
2004 - Richmond
2007 - Richmond

I know. ;)

But, I have adopted some selective memory here and have tried very hard to forget we were awarded that spoon in 2003. Nevertheless, it did bring us Cooney and Ray.

hujsh
25-01-2008, 02:23 PM
I know. ;)

But, I have adopted some selective memory here and have tried very hard to forget we were awarded that spoon in 2003. Nevertheless, it did bring us Cooney and Ray.

Well i remember that year because we won 3 games (2 Geelong 1 Melbourne) and my family all go for Geelong so we beat the right team.

The Underdog
05-02-2008, 04:12 PM
I think they're a good chance for a premiership.
They've got Simmonds back in the ruck, some good young talls and Richo's a gun FF.
Also lots of early picks that should start to have an influence on the midfield and give them some drive and run...

Nah, just kidding. 14th - 16th, same old, same old

mighty_west
05-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Richmond are the scum of the earth, i hope they rot in hell.

aker39
05-02-2008, 05:27 PM

You know how to win friends on this board

hujsh
05-02-2008, 05:32 PM
I don't hate Richmond. I will learn to but only if they are ever successful. I do hate certain palyers/coaches (Rawlings is the second one;))

Dry Rot
05-02-2008, 05:33 PM

With the current coach and list, they will at least rot in the bottom 4. :)

mighty_west
05-02-2008, 05:35 PM
You know how to win friends on this board

;)

Always hated them, always will, feral supporters, and thank god our seconds no longer wear black & yellow, and are the Tigers, always grated on me.

BTW, i rank them 16th in 2008.

aker39
05-02-2008, 05:38 PM
I don't hate Richmond. I will learn to but only if they are ever successful. I do hate certain palyers/coaches (Rawlings is the second one;))

Well there's no chance of that happening in the near future, so I'll teach you some lessons now.

All you need to know is 3 things

Judas Brown
Terry Wallet
Jordan McMoan

hujsh
05-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Well there's no chance of that happening in the near future, so I'll teach you some lessons now.

All you need to know is 3 things

Judas Brown
Terry Wallet
Jordan McMoan

They are who i hate and when they are happy and celebrating goals (early 05) i get pretty annoyed but the team is irrelevant. They mean nothing. They are not a threat. If i hated them it would acknowledge some form of success.

Dry Rot
05-02-2008, 05:41 PM
;)

thank god our seconds no longer wear black & yellow, and are the Tigers, always grated on me.

Ditto, and I live in Sydney and couldn't watch the Bees.

Just the concept of our players in those colours is revolting......

mighty_west
05-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Ditto, and I live in Sydney and couldn't watch the Bees.

Just the concept of our players in those colours is revolting......

Plus i was born & raised and supported Willy with a passion, especially as a kid, supporting, or trying to support Werribee is like a Collingwood supporter converting to a Carlton supporter.

I was guttered when Collingwood TOOK OVER Willy.

I just hope we don't change Willy's theme song.

LostDoggy
13-02-2008, 05:25 PM
With the exception of Nathan Foley and Deledio - they are a team of averages - or do I mean an average team? 15th or 16th for me as well.