H Wildes

Emergencies
E Mackie
K Rennie

IN J. Anderson
OUT I. Huntington (knee)

Testekill
17-02-2018, 03:25 PM
Cox decides 'in for a penny' and belts Kearney immediately after getting reported for striking Blackburn

HOSE B ROMERO
17-02-2018, 03:25 PM
Dogs leading 13-7 at qtr time. 30deg so should be interesting if we feel the pinch after playing in 35deg 6 days ago.

HOSE B ROMERO
17-02-2018, 03:28 PM
Huntington and Conte have been getting plenty of accolades but Bruton certainly shows that we have drafted really well.

SonofScray
17-02-2018, 03:28 PM
Good first quarter. ALDI Blackburn needed to cash in on the 50m penalty. Looks hot out there, will we have the legs to keep up the physical pressure? Have to question whether Perkins from AFC can run the game out in the midfield though? I'd be making her work over time, good player but you'd think she is spending more tickets than a Conti etc in these conditions.

HOSE B ROMERO
17-02-2018, 03:29 PM
Cox decides 'in for a penny' and belts Kearney immediately after getting reported for striking Blackburn

Won't upset Ellie Blackburn. One tough cookie.

HOSE B ROMERO
17-02-2018, 03:40 PM
goal to brennan after strong mark.

HOSE B ROMERO
17-02-2018, 03:53 PM
half time and we lead 19-13. Probably could have been further in front. Liked the move of Toogood to the forward line. Good mark and strong presence. Hard to believe she was only promoted from the Rookie list recently.

HOSE B ROMERO
17-02-2018, 04:09 PM
goal to lockland. 5pts up

HOSE B ROMERO
17-02-2018, 04:16 PM
goal to brenna. 12pts up. Sounds like good support for the dogs in the crowd.

HOSE B ROMERO
17-02-2018, 04:26 PM
3qtr time, 5 pts up. Neither team letting up. Can the girls go on with it after the sapping conditions from last week? Dig deep ladies.

josie
17-02-2018, 04:26 PM
Clear htb against crows player - ump let it go then later in 3rd qtr borderline htb called against us. Bad umpiring. Love the spirit of this doggeses team. Go girls!!

HOSE B ROMERO
17-02-2018, 04:36 PM
crows by a point. 8 mins to go

HOSE B ROMERO
17-02-2018, 04:46 PM
crows win in last minutes. Brennan injured . great game and dogs fought it out for the 4 quarters.

always right
17-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Great game by the girls with things going against them.....including a very one sided umpiring performance. And we can’t take a trick with injuries.

josie
17-02-2018, 04:51 PM
Great effort from girls. I think the umpiring was pretty average. Hope the head of umpires review game coz I thought some of the htb were clearly biased towards crows. Hope Brennan is ok.

bornadog
17-02-2018, 04:55 PM
Great game by the girls with things going against them.....including a very one sided umpiring performance. And we can’t take a trick with injuries.

The umpiring was pathetic - the bias was unbelievable. Hope Katie is ok.

Bulldog Joe
17-02-2018, 05:08 PM
The umpiring was pathetic - the bias was unbelievable. Hope Katie is ok.

Commentators still found reasons to complain about Erin Phillips missing out on free kicks.

Was a terrific game, decided only in the last seconds.

Prince Imperial
17-02-2018, 05:10 PM
Very, very frustrating to lose that game in those circumstances. :(

Gee Scott is a fine player - tough and such a good football brain.

bornadog
17-02-2018, 05:18 PM
Commentators still found reasons to complain about Erin Phillips missing out on free kicks.

Was a terrific game, decided only in the last seconds.

We missed some easy shots which was disappointing. Also the injury to Brennan when she had the ball may have cost us, as the ball then went straight up the other end when the scores were tied.

SonofScray
17-02-2018, 05:21 PM
We missed some easy shots which was disappointing. Also the injury to Brennan when she had the ball may have cost us, as the ball then went straight up the other end when the scores were tied.

Very unlucky. Hold the ball up there and we get a draw at least. Umpire pays the free to Scott and they don't get the score.

GVGjr
17-02-2018, 06:27 PM
Good contest, disappointing result. I enjoy the games and there is a bit to like about how hard teams compete.
This competition will get better each season

Hotdog60
17-02-2018, 07:11 PM
I think we were hard done by the umps. And Phillips was playing for a few out there.
I think our team plays the better looking football out of the rest.
Let's hope KB is ok we need her for the season. Conti is a goer and good signs from the rest of the team.

Testekill
17-02-2018, 07:31 PM
The quality of umpiring in the AFLW is absolutely dire. It was the same last week where players would always drop the ball in tackles and such when there would be a clear HTB.
The funniest thing is that getting stricter on dropping and holding the ball would mean that the AFLW would have reduced congestion and faster ball movement but nope gotta implement last touch.

Hotdog60
17-02-2018, 08:42 PM
The quality of umpiring in the AFLW is absolutely dire. It was the same last week where players would always drop the ball in tackles and such when there would be a clear HTB.
The funniest thing is that getting stricter on dropping and holding the ball would mean that the AFLW would have reduced congestion and faster ball movement but nope gotta implement last touch.

I agree be stricter with the frees and it will spread the contest.

bornadog
17-02-2018, 11:08 PM

Same in the men's games as well.

Should do away with the prior opportunity rule. Football flowed better when that rule was not there. Another case of change the rule without thinking of the consequences. You get pinged you get a free kick against you.

Happy Days
18-02-2018, 11:04 AM
Erin Phillips is too damn good. She was entirely the difference between Adelaide looking like a contender for the flag and for the spoon.

Blackburn is a better kick than anyone on the men's team. She has that Akermanis deal going where she's the best kick in the comp on her right and the second best in the comp on her left.

I don't think we can continue to pick Lochland. Her ball use is despicable and she badly hurts us whenever she gets it.

Conversely, I think we've got one in Hannah Scott. Reads the play outstandingly, pretty good overhead, and her skills are pretty impressive.

Has there been any update on KB? It looked bad initially but she tried to stretch it out (she's a strength and conditioning professional in the real world so this was pretty encouraging) and was walking around after the game okay.

SonofScray
18-02-2018, 11:32 AM
Erin Phillips is too damn good. She was entirely the difference between Adelaide looking like a contender for the flag and for the spoon.

Blackburn is a better kick than anyone on the men's team. She has that Akermanis deal going where she's the best kick in the comp on her right and the second best in the comp on her left.

I don't think we can continue to pick Lochland. Her ball use is despicable and she badly hurts us whenever she gets it.

Conversely, I think we've got one in Hannah Scott. Reads the play outstandingly, pretty good overhead, and her skills are pretty impressive.

Has there been any update on KB? It looked bad initially but she tried to stretch it out (she's a strength and conditioning professional in the real world so this was pretty encouraging) and was walking around after the game okay.
Interesting perspective re: Lochland. I thought she looked to be one of the more damaging players when the ball was there, on her terms. Classic front and centre, roving packs, forward pocket play. In an ideal scenario I would play her, Conti and Brennan in the forwardline. Keeping KB and Lochland inside 35m in a Pagan's paddock scenario. Conti can get up the ground and play an undersized CHF a la Bob Murphy early days.

Just need one quick, rebounding defender. Scott looks to be gem. Tough, reads the play well and rarely beaten one on one. Back her in most times I think. It's the next two possessions when play breaks down we need some dynamism. Otherwise, if we are going via the cape with short kicks and leading up, we need Toogood or Brennan higher up the field and taking contested marks.

Territory is super important. More kicks off the ground, dump it as long and deep as you can. The last touch rule has actually had a paradoxical effect on the game. Keeping the footy in neutral zone for long periods of time and lowering scores.

Happy Days
18-02-2018, 01:44 PM
Interesting perspective re: Lochland. I thought she looked to be one of the more damaging players when the ball was there, on her terms. Classic front and centre, roving packs, forward pocket play. In an ideal scenario I would play her, Conti and Brennan in the forwardline. Keeping KB and Lochland inside 35m in a Pagan's paddock scenario. Conti can get up the ground and play an undersized CHF a la Bob Murphy early days.

She has what I've just coined as "Jaxson Barham Syndrome", where she can get the ball a lot, but her use is so bad that she actually hinders the team by winning possession as much as she does.

She obviously has some nous, but needs to be utilised in a different way. I think with KB potentially missing some time then a role exclusively inside 50 like you suggested might be a possibility.

always right
18-02-2018, 03:47 PM
Disagree.....reckon Lochland is amongst the most improved players. She’s become a real weapon. The whole team has improved markedly.

Testekill
18-02-2018, 04:35 PM
I dunno why Bailey Hunt hasn't really fired a shot this season; she was just as good as Hannah Scott in 2017 but Scott has gone to another level

bornadog
18-02-2018, 06:15 PM
I really felt gutted when we lost this game. I didn't feel like that last year, but I am really getting into it. Too bad the AFL has played around with the rules and not let the game rules be the same as the men.

bornadog
19-02-2018, 04:24 PM
Scans confirm Brennan injury (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-02-19/scans-confirm-brennan-injury)

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/Samples/567826-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

The Western Bulldogs are hopeful AFLW captain Katie Brennan can make a return to the field before the end of the 2018 season.
Scans have revealed Brennan sustained minor ligament damage to her right ankle – an injury she sustained in the final two minutes of Saturday’s clash against the Adelaide Crows.

“We know Katie will do everything possible to ensure she can get back out there before the end of the season,” said Bulldogs’ AFLW coach Paul Groves.

“While it’s unclear how many weeks she might miss, she has already started working with our medical staff to make sure she recovers at the earliest opportunity.

“As one of our leaders, Katie will be difficult to replace, but the group of players who have missed selection are working extremely hard to be ready for their opportunity,” he said.

“We have great confidence in those players to make an impact at this level, which shows the level of depth in our current playing group.”

jazzadogs
19-02-2018, 06:42 PM
Either they're lying about the severity ("minor ligament damage") or she should very likely be back for the final round.

And grand final :rolleyes:

Twodogs
20-02-2018, 04:55 AM
Jackson Barham, wow.

bornadog
20-02-2018, 09:57 AM
Jackson Barham, wow.

Please explain??

Twodogs
20-02-2018, 10:39 AM
Please explain??

Ricky Barham's brother. He got a couple of games with us because Ricky was his brother. You were there in the '80s, you must remember him. Or was that Jamie Barham?

The Wiki page for Ricky notes that he debuted against Hawthorn and kicked 5 on some bloke called Rodney Eade, I wonder what happened to him?

Hotdog60
21-02-2018, 12:20 AM
It was Jamie.
Back in this thread:
https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?6782-Home-grown-Doggie-Shots

always right
23-02-2018, 09:24 PM

Surely you’ve changed your mind. Lochland has been outstanding again tonight.

The Underdog
23-02-2018, 09:50 PM

The 7th goal was a fairly convincing argument

ledge
23-02-2018, 10:06 PM
7 goals 3 , 10 shots at goal in this game is massive.
She chases, she runs back when we have the ball and will multiple lead, she has a massive tank.

Happy Days
23-02-2018, 10:34 PM

Surely you've realised by now I know nothing about footy?

That was incredible

soupman
24-02-2018, 12:07 AM
She reminds me of Dahlhaus. Tiny, quick and tenacious, with haphazard kicking but makes up for it with a combination of work rate and quantity of disposals.

comrade
24-02-2018, 01:55 PM
Surely you've realised by now I know nothing about footy?

That was incredible

Haha, the footy gods got you a beauty my man.

All you can do is laugh and doff your cap.

Twodogs
24-02-2018, 03:55 PM
Haha, the footy gods got you a beauty my man.

All you can do is laugh and doff your cap.

But, what if he doesn't have a cap?