PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. - Sid, a loyal and true Bulldog

bornadog
28-02-2018, 10:17 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXEty64VAAA9xQd.jpg

It's with much sadness we mourn the passing of our beloved Sid.

A regular feature at Bulldogs home games at Etihad Stadium for 7 years, Sid stood with us through thick and thin.

Will forever be a Bulldogs legend 🔴⚪🔵 ( WB Twitter)

LostDoggy
28-02-2018, 10:24 AM
Such sad news. RIP Sid.

Twodogs
28-02-2018, 10:25 AM
Oh shit.

Sid is dead. RIP fella.

Bulldog4life
28-02-2018, 10:28 AM
Sid was a great mascot. I'll never forget him humping another teams mascot one day. Hilarious. Can't remember which team.

bornadog
28-02-2018, 10:33 AM
Sid was a great mascot. I'll never forget him humping another teams mascot one day. Hilarious. Can't remember which team.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/zflwJ4Tu-N0/hqdefault.jpg

Axe Man
28-02-2018, 10:35 AM

It was the magpie but I believe that was the previous mascot Butch, not Sid.

Poor Sid passed away just over a week after his twin sister Rosie.

Our Bulldog is about to turn 8, thankfully being an Aussie she should have a longer life expectancy than a British.

Greystache
28-02-2018, 10:36 AM

That was Butch, the short term mascot before Sid. His owner was less than easy to deal with so the club sacked him and brought in Sid.

Bulldog4life
28-02-2018, 10:37 AM
It was the magpie but I believe that was the previous mascot Butch, not Sid.

Poor Sid passed away just over a week after his twin sister Rosie.

Our Bulldog is about to turn 8, thankfully being an Aussie she should have a longer life expectancy than a British.

Thanks Axe thought it was Sid.

BornInDroopSt'54
28-02-2018, 04:21 PM
Sad to hear. Multitudes of supporters and I patted Sid after the long walk to the G for the Bulldog's final. He and his twin were too young to die. Gee the breed has a short lifespan.

Twodogs
28-02-2018, 04:40 PM
At least we gave him the chance to lead the boys out onto the 'G on Grand Final day. That would have to be the pinnacle of a mascot's career wouldn't it! 100 000 pounding hearts to one side with the boys forming up in a line behind you on the other.

Sid did good.

Eastdog
28-02-2018, 08:19 PM
Sad to hear.

A Bulldog legend.

RIP Sid

jeemak
01-03-2018, 01:40 AM
That was Butch, the short term mascot before Sid. His owner was less than easy to deal with so the club sacked him and brought in Sid.

I love how it can be difficult to deal with someone walking a Bulldog from time to time in front of people.

Twodogs
01-03-2018, 01:56 AM

He was establishing dominance.

Greystache
01-03-2018, 10:32 AM
I love how it can be difficult to deal with someone walking a Bulldog from time to time in front of people.

Never underestimate how big a tool someone can be once they think they've got some celebrity!

The owner started demanding custom food be paid for by the club, private transport be provided for the dog to and from events, VIP privileges for the owners etc. The club's response was- yeah nah we'll get another dog, thanks anyway.

Twodogs
01-03-2018, 10:45 AM
Never underestimate how big a tool someone can be once they think they've got some celebrity!

The owner started demanding custom food be paid for by the club, private transport be provided for the dog to and from events, VIP privileges for the owners etc. The club's response was- yeah nah we'll get another dog, thanks anyway.

Oh man, Ain't that the truth.