PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Kennett explains white male priviledge in AFL metaphores.......

jeemak
06-03-2018, 10:46 PM
Obviously the title of this thread is tongue in cheek. Here's the article I'm referring to:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/hawks-ready-to-take-on-the-afl-says-hawthorn-president-jeff-kennett-20180306-p4z30v.html

I particularly like how pretends not to understand how favourable fixturing and exposure at prime time doesn't work.

bornadog
06-03-2018, 11:25 PM
I think the Hawks should be relocated to Launceston and give Tassie a football team they deserve.

Twodogs
06-03-2018, 11:47 PM
I think the Hawks should be relocated to Launceston and give Tassie a football team they deserve.

Geez that's a bit rough. What have Tassie done to have Hawthorn foisted on them? ;)

Hotdog60
06-03-2018, 11:55 PM
Geez that's a bit rough. What have Tassie done to have Hawthorn foisted on them? ;)

Well it's either the Squawks or the Kangapoo's I don't care who.

Twodogs
07-03-2018, 02:25 AM
Squaks it is then. I like North where they are.

Sedat
07-03-2018, 05:14 PM
He's a douche but I can't disagree with the sentiment that Gilligan is a lightweight moron who should be challenged as often as possible by the clubs

Twodogs
07-03-2018, 06:40 PM
Lightweight moron is too generous for mine. Your giving him far too much credit. Which, unsurprisingly, is how they managed to *!*!*!*! up that AFL display. They left the logistics to a man who clearly struggles to keep up to the level of a lightweight moron.

Bulldog Joe
08-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Lightweight moron is too generous for mine. Your giving him far too much credit. Which, unsurprisingly, is how they managed to *!*!*!*! up that AFL display. They left the logistics to a man who clearly struggles to keep up to the level of a lightweight moron.

You may be right in labelling Gil McLachlan as a moron or whatever other term you feel is suitable.

However, the one thing he is not is lightweight. Within our sport he is THE HEAVYWEIGHT, with the power to influence and ultimately decide a lot of issues.

Unfortunately he gives the impression, that he has achieved the aim of bureaucrats and been promoted to his level of incompetence.

Twodogs
08-03-2018, 11:47 AM
You may be right in labelling Gil McLachlan as a moron or whatever other term you feel is suitable.

However, the one thing he is not is lightweight. Within our sport he is THE HEAVYWEIGHT, with the power to influence and ultimately decide a lot of issues.

Unfortunately he gives the impression, that he has achieved the aim of bureaucrats and been promoted to his level of incompetence.

Yep you're quite right there.

Welcome to the brave new world. Last one to join the New Model Army is a royalist.

Sedat
08-03-2018, 01:13 PM
He should be but he's actually not - he governs exclusively by committee and consensus and never makes a decision alone on anything. He is paid well in excess of $2m a year to not really do anything - great gig.

We are now hearing of a 'super-committee' that will be put together to make all decisions on everything pertaining to the AFL. So what exactly do we need the AFL and the commission for then? This bloke and his new sidekick Steven Hocking are thick as bricks - they are actually absolving responsibility and influence from the governing body and giving it back to the clubs/outsiders.

Bulldog Joe
08-03-2018, 03:02 PM
He should be but he's actually not - he governs exclusively by committee and consensus and never makes a decision alone on anything. He is paid well in excess of $2m a year to not really do anything - great gig.

We are now hearing of a 'super-committee' that will be put together to make all decisions on everything pertaining to the AFL. So what exactly do we need the AFL and the commission for then? This bloke and his new sidekick Steven Hocking are thick as bricks - they are actually absolving responsibility and influence from the governing body and giving it back to the clubs/outsiders.

That is because he actually recognises that he is promoted beyond his competence. Unfortunately, he is also a symptom of the modern world where a high packet is expected but you always need to put yourself in a situation where you can accept all praise and deny all responsibility.

He is still a heavyweight in terms of his capacity to influence, if he ever chooses to actually lead.