PDA

View Full Version : Pick a player you hate (and why)

Dry Rot
06-03-2018, 10:57 PM
Given today's news of a 6 year contract, I'll start with a true gentleman of the game, GWS player Toby Greene.

Why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgojmYv39-Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELJIhP8Un2E

(Buggered if I know to properly embed YouTube vids)

Twodogs
06-03-2018, 11:22 PM
I love them all.

I try to remain calm at the football.

But Joel Selwood gets on my tits. Head ducking little turd.

bornadog
06-03-2018, 11:32 PM
So far you have both nailed it.

I can pick a dozen smart arse brats from GWS. Patton, Davis to name a couple for starters. I hate the way they strut around. Davis is a big sooky who acts tough but as soon as he is confronted falls over like a bag of spuds ( or should I say Dud)

The Adelaide Connection
06-03-2018, 11:41 PM
I used to be a huge fan of the McGovern boys but the moment this happened Mitch was dead to me. He may not be in quite the same category as Toby or Joel, but I will openly boo him for at least a few more seasons.

https://youtu.be/nCowAwGd0cQ

Edit: Throw in the Talia boys too for their bullshit shenanigans.

Bulldog4life
07-03-2018, 09:53 AM
So far you have both nailed it.

I can pick a dozen smart arse brats from GWS. Patton, Davis to name a couple for starters. I hate the way they strut around. Davis is a big sooky who acts tough but as soon as he is confronted falls over like a bag of spuds ( or should I say Dud)

As we found out with Red.

Daughter of the West
07-03-2018, 10:01 AM
Riewoldt.

I will never, ever forgive that Academy Award winning performance in the 2009 PF.

Diving, sniveling protected species.

It was kind of satisfying that he retired without a premiership.

Bulldog Joe
07-03-2018, 10:21 AM
The Autumn leaves variety always irritate me.

Phil Davis and Mitch McGovern both got players of ours suspended. Clayton Oliver did it against West Coast and of course Riewoldt was rewarded for the same tactic in that final.

Remi Moses
07-03-2018, 10:29 AM
Bout time Greene was locked up for 6 years
Oh ! Hang on

Twodogs
07-03-2018, 11:36 AM
Riewoldt.

I will never, ever forgive that Academy Award winning performance in the 2009 PF.

Diving, sniveling protected species.

It was kind of satisfying that he retired without a premiership.

He's nothing but a velvet trouser wearing albino inbred. Every day I thank the lord there are 22 western bulldog players that won the ultimate prize while Nick got to watch on. Some days that knowledge is all that sees me through the dark patches!

Daughter of the West
07-03-2018, 11:57 AM
He's nothing but a velvet trouser wearing albino inbred. Every day I thank the lord there are 22 western bulldog players that won the ultimate prize while Nick got to watch on. Some days that knowledge is all that sees me through the dark patches!

I'd forgotten about First Dog's rather fabulous cartoon featuring this.

I miss his Bulldogs cartoons. I know he's off, being all important and influential at the Guardian and in the halls of Canberra and stuff, but the season is just not the same without his zany take on goings on. His work was the only thing that got me through the McCartney years.

jeemak
07-03-2018, 12:56 PM
I love them all.

I try to remain calm at the football.

But Joel Selwood gets on my tits. Head ducking little turd.

Such an entitled little twerp as well. The look on his face when he gets up from a pack begging and expecting a free kick really grinds my gears.

Dry Rot
07-03-2018, 01:28 PM
Melbourne's faux tough guys Viney and Bugg are a pair of turds. I suppose that they try to act tough to make up for their pea hearted comrades.

Twodogs
07-03-2018, 01:36 PM
Such an entitled little twerp as well. The look on his face when he gets up from a pack begging and expecting a free kick really grinds my gears.

It wouldn't be quite so bad if the umpire occasionally paid one the other way. Geelong get enough assistance from the AFL in terms of grants and AFL granted fixturing that gives them 16 home games a year without the umpires cheering them on at the same time.

Happy Days
07-03-2018, 01:37 PM
+1 for "Grizzled Young Vet" Phil Davis and his dick-swinging brand of "leadership".

He's also pretty bad? I feel like him being not very good doesn't get spoken about nearly enough.

Twodogs
07-03-2018, 01:38 PM
Melbourne's faux tough guys Viney and Bugg are a pair of turds. I suppose that they try to act tough to make up for their pea hearted comrades.

Meh! What goes around comes around and nothing is more certain than those two little 'erbets getting what is coming to them.

1eyedog
07-03-2018, 02:57 PM
Dyson Heppell. I mean wtf dreadies went out in the late 90s.

LostDoggy
07-03-2018, 10:05 PM
Heath Shaw absolute flog of a bloke. Scott Pendlebury not far behind

ratsmac
08-03-2018, 12:11 AM
Because Joel Selwood is already taken I'll go with Harry Taylor. I hate that dopey look on his face to start with and the 5 goals he kicked against us last year when he hadn't seen the footy all season shits me to no end.

merantau
08-03-2018, 03:06 PM
Where to start? Tough. I'll name one from each side. Jeremy Cameron - the flog's flog. Stupid looking grin, always eager to sledge others when he hasn't had a kick himself.
Hewitt from the Swans - Clayton's tough guy.
Shuey - ducker and diver
Sicilly - horrible looking goal celebrator
Lindsay Thomas - always staging
Adelaide - Taylor Walker. Gets away with a lot because of his high profile.
Richmond - difficult. Dustin Martin
Melboune - easy. Bugg
Carlton - they don't register with me
Essendon - man bun guy
Geelong - Selwood
Freo - the coach
Power - Wingard
St Kilda - Reiwolt
Suns - ?
Lions - Zorko
Collingwood - de Gooey.

Twodogs
08-03-2018, 03:58 PM
Which club do you have Lindsay Thomas at M? He's GAWN from North over the border to Port Adelaide so you'll have to choose a new North or Port wanker, the good news being there is plenty of talent at both clubs.

Oh and what about May at the Suns? He's prime material I would have thought.

Rocket Science
08-03-2018, 05:52 PM
Toby Greene
daylight
Taylor Adams
Cale Hooker
James Sicily
Jon Patton
Jeremy Cameron
Tom Bugg
Lindsay Thomas
Jack Ziebell
Scott Thompson
George Hewitt

May you all be treated to a timely Zaine Cordy knee at some stage throughout the journey.

Jeanette54
08-03-2018, 07:29 PM
There's nobody worse than someone who turns there back on this club, so currently Jake Stringer.

ps Yes, I know we gave him the flick, don't try to confuse me. Dislike is not rational.

Twodogs
08-03-2018, 08:46 PM
There's nobody worse than someone who turns there back on this club, so currently Jake Stringer.

ps Yes, I know we gave him the flick, don't try to confuse me. Dislike is not rational.

Correct.

merantau
08-03-2018, 10:37 PM
Which club do you have Lindsay Thomas at M? He's GAWN from North over the border to Port Adelaide so you'll have to choose a new North or Port wanker, the good news being there is plenty of talent at both clubs.

Oh and what about May at the Suns? He's prime material I would have thought.

Yes, thanks for picking that up. I'd forgotten about his move. In that case I'll go for Scott Thompson. His ability is limited to scragging, niggling and sly under the radar moves.
I can't take man bun guy especially after what he did to that young kid from Melbourne. What a flog. Kicks la couple of cheap goals and carries on like he's booted a dozen on Geoff Southby.

Webby
09-03-2018, 08:08 AM
Dyson Heppell. I mean wtf dreadies went out in the late 90s.

Yep, the fad died out when everyone realised the reality - which is that they absolutely stink!

Twodogs
09-03-2018, 09:14 AM
Yep, the fad died out when everyone realised the reality - which is that they absolutely stink!

Oh don't they just. No wonder no one will go near Heppel on the field. I'll bet he gets his own dressing room too.

Unless, of course, Heppel is the sort of wanker who gets the hairdresser to set his dreadies for him...

ledge
09-03-2018, 10:58 AM
I don't hate any player I think that's to personal , but on the field if your looking for players I'm not keen on , based on over rated or annoying , Tex Walker, over rated ,how he is captain amazes me.
Toby Greene great player but major issues with finding a balance and goes over the top more than not.
Stringer because he has a lot of talent and if he shows it , our club will get hammered by the media and Essendon supporters ( god no !)
I would say any other players who always do well against us gets under my skin but I do recognise the talent they have, I guess it's like the Bont must be to Hawks supporters.

Bulldog4life
09-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Yes, thanks for picking that up. I'd forgotten about his move. In that case I'll go for Scott Thompson. His ability is limited to scragging, niggling and sly under the radar moves.
I can't take man bun guy especially after what he did to that young kid from Melbourne. What a flog. Kicks la couple of cheap goals and carries on like he's booted a dozen on Geoff Southby.

I loved it when Bazza had him in that head lock. Thinking to myself squeeze Bazza squeeze.

Twodogs
09-03-2018, 02:11 PM
I loved it when Bazza had him in that head lock. Thinking to myself squeeze Bazza squeeze.

He poked the bear. Then he shit himself like a big black Alsatian while the bear finished tying his bootlaces, stood up, eyeballed him and grabbed some throat.

SquirrelGrip
09-03-2018, 02:59 PM
Does Ian Collins count here? I clearly don’t need to say why.

Twodogs
09-03-2018, 03:52 PM
Does Ian Collins count here? I clearly don’t need to say why.

I can't believe that finding still stands.

GIVE TURTLE HIS *!*!*!*!ING BROWNLOW NOW!!!!!

Ghost Dog
09-03-2018, 05:34 PM
Anyone with a sleeve tattoo and a moustache basically.