PDA

View Full Version : Injury List 2018

Pages : [1] 2

bornadog
13-03-2018, 11:47 AM
Haven't received the official list at this stage. These are what we know:

Morris - Estimated 10 weeks

Roughead - doubtful for round 1

Greene and Boyd came off with some sort of injuries/knocks in intra-club match.

Rocco Jones
13-03-2018, 12:20 PM
I thought Roughy was ok...

Axe Man
13-03-2018, 03:39 PM
WESTERN BULLDOGS
INJURY LIST

Dale Morris (knee)

Jordan Roughead (groin)

Liam Picken (concussion)

Jack Redpath (suspended)

Jordan Roughead sent a major scare through the Bulldogs camp on Saturday when he appeared to hurt his hip/groin against Collingwood in a marking contest. Roughead left the field for treatment in the opening term and returned to the field only to head back off again. He didn’t play after half time, with the Dogs opting to take no risks given he is such an important player. The club is confident he will be OK for Round 1.

Liam Picken should also be right for the start of the season after suffering concussion against Hawthorn two weeks away despite not playing against the Magpies.

Dale Morris is out for an extended period, however, as he works on his strength and rehabilitation program in a bid to avoid surgery on his damaged ACL.

Morris didn’t suffer a full tear of the ligament, so the Dogs are hopeful this approach will be enough to fix the injury and allow him to return in the second half of the season.

Jack Redpath will miss Round 1 due to suspension.

Link (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/all-the-latest-injury-news-at-your-club-ahead-of-round-1/news-story/a6e45a58f16440bc4b969b265edbd59e)

NoseBleed
13-03-2018, 04:06 PM
That suspension to Redpath should be listed as insult, not injury.

Twodogs
13-03-2018, 04:11 PM
I thought Roughy was ok...

Well. He's as least banged up as he's going to be anyway. I haven't seen someone with a similiar capacity for injuring himself in some terrible, awful way but then just playing through the terrible, awful pain barrier anyway!

That suspension to Redpath should be listed as insult, not injury.

*!*!*!*!ing A.

ledge
13-03-2018, 08:33 PM
We are in better nick than any other side I would say leading into round 1 , one injury.

Eastdog
13-03-2018, 08:44 PM
Not too bad on the injury front. It has been worse but hopefully our fortunes change in 2018.

bornadog
14-03-2018, 04:53 PM
From Mark Stevens:

Clay Smith so important as a manic forward beast in 2016. Knee soreness has held him up, after flying earlier in the pre-season. Underrated, influential but managing effects of 3 knee recos. Dogs need him.

josie
14-03-2018, 05:37 PM
From Mark Stevens:

Clay Smith so important as a manic forward beast in 2016. Knee soreness has held him up, after flying earlier in the pre-season. Underrated, influential but managing effects of 3 knee recos. Dogs need him.

Thanks for this update BAD. Would be good if he could destroy GWS like he did in prelim but with no appearances in pre-season practice or JLT matches it looks like he is highly unlikely for round 1. Pity as I thought Honeychurch was really poor-especially his turnovers. A real pity as he tries his guts out and was hoping he would come good. Hope he proves me wrong but I fear we need to look elsewhere for a tough small forward with Smith absent - Picken and Dahl I reckon might be what mc are thinking.

Does anyone have news of Boyd’s injury? I think he will have a good year, if injury and mental health issues can be kept at bay.

bornadog
14-03-2018, 05:53 PM
Thanks for this update BAD. Would be good if he could destroy GWS like he did in prelim but with no appearances in pre-season practice or JLT matches it looks like he is highly unlikely for round 1. Pity as I thought Honeychurch was really poor-especially his turnovers. A real pity as he tries his guts out and was hoping he would come good. Hope he proves me wrong but I fear we need to look elsewhere for a tough small forward with Smith absent - Picken and Dahl I reckon might be what mc are thinking.

Does anyone have news of Boyd’s injury? I think he will have a good year, if injury and mental health issues can be kept at bay.

Apparently Clay has suffered knee soreness since the Mooloolaba camp. Hope he can overcome it, but doesn't look good after 3 knee recos.

Twodogs
14-03-2018, 06:37 PM
Apparently Clay has suffered knee soreness since the Mooloolaba camp. Hope he can overcome it, but doesn't look good after 3 knee recos.

Not that I am an expert in knee recos but you'd have to think that many would cause a bit of damage to the stucture of the knee as well as a significant amount of mental scarring too.

It would be so frustrating for him.

ledge
14-03-2018, 07:27 PM
Just play him on Toby Greene and watch him shit himself.

Eastdog
15-03-2018, 03:32 PM
Just play him on Toby Greene and watch him shit himself.

Yeah was awful what he did to Dahl last year. Should have been suspended.

Eastdog
15-03-2018, 03:36 PM
Not that I am an expert in knee recos but you'd have to think that many would cause a bit of damage to the stucture of the knee as well as a significant amount of mental scarring too.

It would be so frustrating for him.

I wish Clay the best of luck to come back but it cannot be easy having 3 knee reconstructions. Eventually it just takes its toll.

Axe Man
15-03-2018, 04:38 PM
'It was pretty scary': Tough Dog's R1 in doubt (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-15/it-was-pretty-scary-tough-dogs-r1-in-doubt)

TOUGH midfielder Liam Picken is no certainty for the Western Bulldogs' opening round clash with Greater Western Sydney as he recovers from concussion, says captain Easton Wood.

The 31-year-old received the heavy knock in a collision with teammate Josh Dunkley during the JLT Community Series match against Hawthorn in Ballarat on March 3, and lay prone until stretchered from the field by trainers.

The veteran played no further part in the match and wasn't selected for the following week's JLT game against Collingwood.

It's the second concussion the courageous veteran has received in the past 12 months after a nasty head knock against Fremantle in round three last year.

"It was pretty scary with like any concussion, and I was right next to Liam when it happened on the ground," Wood said at the AFL's Captains Day on Thursday.

"He's had a couple of bad ones already, (and) I'm not sure where he's currently at, at the moment.

He's been (into the club) every day in the initial stage of the recovery, (but) he's had really short days.

"I think he's doing OK and should be back all right, but whether that's playing round one, I'm not sure yet."

Wood, who sits on the AFLPA board, said he was impressed with the way the club had treated Picken's recovery.

"What I'm enjoying with the way concussion is (treated) now is that the cautious approach is the best approach," he said.

"It was a very quick call that he wouldn't play in that JLT game (against Collingwood), so he had limited stuff to do that week and (he needed to) just be at home, recover and get himself right."

bornadog
16-03-2018, 04:13 PM
Player
Injury
Estimated Return

Dale Morris
Knee
10-12 weeks

Liam Picken
Concussion
Test

Jack Redpath
Suspended
Round two

Jordan Roughead
Groin/hip
Test

Updated: Friday, March 16

Mantis
17-03-2018, 05:17 PM
Marcus Adams out for 10-12 weeks with an ankle injury after a training mishap.

He can’t take a trick!

Hotdog60
Adams sidelined with ankle injury

Western Bulldogs defender Marcus Adams will be sidelined for the early part of the 2018 AFL season with an ankle injury.

Adams was forced from match simulation training on Friday after his ankle was caught in a tackle.

Scans yesterday confirmed a high grade syndesmosis injury.

He will undergo surgery in the coming days, and the Club estimates he will be unavailable for 10-12 weeks

LINK (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-03-17/adams-sidelined-with-ankle-injury)

AndrewP6
Marcus Adams out 10-12 weeks with a syndesmosis injury. And so it begins....

Hotdog60
17-03-2018, 05:18 PM
Marcus Adams out for 10-12 weeks with an ankle injury after a training mishap.

He can’t take a trick!

Beat me to it:)

ledge
17-03-2018, 05:21 PM
Ankles as soft as butter it seems.

Danny the snakeman
17-03-2018, 05:21 PM
Again, how frustrating for him.

bornadog
17-03-2018, 05:23 PM
Trengove needs to play back

Eastdog
17-03-2018, 05:27 PM
So frustrating. Was so keen to see him back playing for us. He cannot take a trick :(

The Underdog
17-03-2018, 05:38 PM
Can I get money on Cameron and Patton to kick a million goals between them in round one? No Morris, no Adams. Deep shit.

Happy Days
17-03-2018, 06:04 PM
That's terrible news for Adams - he's a serious talent but he just can't stay fit.

On the plus side, this probably means the end of Wood up forward.

Go_Dogs
17-03-2018, 06:04 PM
That one hurts - wonder who of the many players we didn't give a run to may step up? Young? Fletcher?

bornadog
17-03-2018, 06:13 PM
That's terrible news for Adams - he's a serious talent but he just can't stay fit.

On the plus side, this probably means the end of Wood up forward.

Is Adams the new Williams.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
17-03-2018, 06:27 PM
Unbelievable wretched luck. I am not sure he's going to get a run at it.

The bulldog tragician
17-03-2018, 06:29 PM

It feels that way. He can’t get any continuity at all - 11 games in each season he’s with us.The backline has been hit hard.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
17-03-2018, 06:36 PM

Williams played more games

Remi Moses
17-03-2018, 06:36 PM
You’ve got to be kidding me ! Tom Williams type luck

Rocket Science
17-03-2018, 10:01 PM
That Naughton pick's looking shrewder and shrewder.

No pressure kid.

Twodogs
17-03-2018, 10:15 PM
That Naughton pick's looking shrewder and shrewder.

No pressure kid.

Nup, none at all.

Eastdog
17-03-2018, 10:20 PM
Wood back to defence although Bevo keen on him in a another role up forward.

Happy Days
17-03-2018, 10:56 PM
Think the question might have to be asked - is he carrying *too* much muscle mass?

He looks amazing but these injuries just keep happening.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-03-2018, 11:38 AM
Think the question might have to be asked - is he carrying *too* much muscle mass?

Yeah it’s a good question to ask - particularly being that they are all foot injuries

Smads57
18-03-2018, 11:51 AM
This backline vacancy created by Adam's unfortunate injury has to belong to Fletcher Roberts else he is 'list clogging'.

If not Roberts, then its time for Collins to be tested at Full Back - it's the position he was recruited to fill given his TAC Cup roles.

If there is a silver lining from this unfortunate injury, then it will be understanding whether these two boys are worth holding onto past 2018.

I expect Wood will play forward still.

Bulldog4life
18-03-2018, 06:32 PM
This backline vacancy created by Adam's unfortunate injury has to belong to Fletcher Roberts else he is 'list clogging'.

If not Roberts, then its time for Collins to be tested at Full Back - it's the position he was recruited to fill given his TAC Cup roles.

If there is a silver lining from this unfortunate injury, then it will be understanding whether these two boys are worth holding onto past 2018.

I expect Wood will play forward still.

I remember in his only senior game Collins played ok against Patten. A crunching tackle springs to mind.

ratsmac
18-03-2018, 10:38 PM

He is a bit of an oxymoron where his biggest strength is his biggest weakness.

BornInDroopSt'54
19-03-2018, 12:00 PM
Adams is a vulnerable beast, a bison with a failing of hoof, a warrior with the heel of Achilles.
I had to write something or else just swear and curse.

merantau
19-03-2018, 12:03 PM
I've just caught up with the news re Marcus Adams. That is just cruel, unbelievable really. At this rate he's going to make Tom Williams look bullet proof. I really wish him well and hope that he can stay positive during his re-hab. So, it creates an opportunity. Who is going to grab it?

Twodogs
19-03-2018, 04:17 PM
Adams is a vulnerable beast, a bison with a failing of hoof, a warrior with the heel of Achilles.
I had to write something or else just swear and curse.

Disassociation via literary illusion. Good one man.

merantau
19-03-2018, 04:40 PM
He is a bit of an oxymoron where his biggest strength is his biggest weakness.

Is this an oxymoron or a paradox? Or maybe a 'paramoron'? Oxydox? Morondox? Radoxpara? Oxycontin? Moronpara? Oxydoxmoron? Whatever it is it's f@#/ing bad luck. His initials - MA - medical almanac. At the rate he's going he's adding a couple of chapters a year and if his bad luck continues the rehab staff won't even bother putting his file back in the cabinet after he's been assessed as fit again (for the time being) Really hard to take because he is a really handy player and looked good when he played forward too. Best of luck Marcus.

Axe Man
19-03-2018, 05:36 PM
Players dropping like flies before the season has even started.

Picken out for indefinite period (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-03-19/picken-out-for-indefinite-period)

Western Bulldogs forward Liam Picken will miss an indefinite period as he recovers from the effects of concussion.

Picken suffered a head knock in the Club’s JLT Community Series match against Hawthorn in Ballarat on March 3.

The Club will be conservative with Picken’s recovery before making a decision on his return to play.

Ozza
19-03-2018, 05:59 PM
A real worry that Picko is still struggling with the concussion.

Last year after getting knocked out against Freo, I felt like he wasn't as sharp or not quite himself for a good 6 weeks.

A lot of heavy knocks in his career, and his wife Annie has spoken before about her concussion concerns - which has me reading between the lines that Liam has had some pretty serious effects.

It might sound dramatic - but at this stage of his career, three kids, has qualifications off field (International Business) to do other things, has won a premiership and had a fulfilled career - you would hope he is very very cautious about playing again.

Rocco Jones
19-03-2018, 06:39 PM
A real worry that Picko is still struggling with the concussion.

Last year after getting knocked out against Freo, I felt like he wasn't as sharp or not quite himself for a good 6 weeks.

A lot of heavy knocks in his career, and his wife Annie has spoken before about her concussion concerns - which has me reading between the lines that Liam has had some pretty serious effects.

It might sound dramatic - but at this stage of his career, three kids, has qualifications off field (International Business) to do other things, has won a premiership and had a fulfilled career - you would hope he is very very cautious about playing again.

I feel exactly the same Ozza. His wife has aired her concerns and fair enough for her to feel that way. Part of what makes him so important is he manic style and if that goes away a bit, again so understandable, then he is much less of a player.

Go_Dogs
19-03-2018, 07:54 PM
I feel exactly the same Ozza. His wife has aired her concerns and fair enough for her to feel that way. Part of what makes him so important is he manic style and if that goes away a bit, again so understandable, then he is much less of a player.

Agreed, it's a big worry but pleased to see we are taking a very cautious approach. Hopefully Liam is OK, but he definitely needs to do the right thing for himself and his family.

Twodogs
19-03-2018, 08:28 PM
Is this an oxymoron or a paradox? Or maybe a 'paramoron'? Oxydox? Morondox? Radoxpara? Oxycontin? Moronpara? Oxydoxmoron? Whatever it is it's f@#/ing bad luck. His initials - MA - medical almanac. At the rate he's going he's adding a couple of chapters a year and if his bad luck continues the rehab staff won't even bother putting his file back in the cabinet after he's been assessed as fit again (for the time being) Really hard to take because he is a really handy player and looked good when he played forward too. Best of luck Marcus.

I like 'oxydox' the best out of those.

Love how you slipped some oxy in there. Bit out of the blue reading along the list.

merantau
20-03-2018, 06:39 AM
Bad news re Liam Picken. Such an important player for us. I wish him a complete recovery and look forward to see him doing his thing again.

chef
20-03-2018, 10:59 AM
In all honesty i wouldnt be surprised if he retired. Concussion is a pretty serious injury.

Insufficient Intent
20-03-2018, 11:44 AM
Speedy recovery, Liam.
Your family and the rest of your life your only concern.

soupman
20-03-2018, 11:50 AM
Really glad we are taking our time with him.

Last year in particular I felt we tried to push players back from head injuries way too early. Both Picken and Liberatore were noticeably worse in the month after their head knocks, and I was hoping that we would at the least enforce a one week resting period after a concussion from then on, so this is a good step forward.

Glad to see us taking it seriously.

bornadog
21-03-2018, 11:54 AM
Player
Injury
Estimated Return

Marcus Adams
Ankle
10-12 weeks

Dale Morris
Knee
10-12 weeks

Liam Picken
Concussion
Indefinite

Jack Redpath
Suspended
Round two

Jordan Roughead
Hip
Test

Eastdog
25-03-2018, 10:33 PM
Libba and Crozier now added to that list unfortunately.

Eastdog
26-03-2018, 05:29 PM
Redpath and Roughead all good now.

So the injury list would be Adams, Morris, Picken, Libba and Crozier.

bornadog
26-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Liberatore ACL confirmed (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-03-26/liberatore-acl-confirmed)

Tom Liberatore will miss the rest of the 2018 AFL season after rupturing the ACL in his right knee the Club has confirmed, and will undergo surgery on Monday night.

Western Bulldogs Medical Services Manager Chris Bell said the Club will support the 25-year-old throughout his rehabilitation.
‘’Unfortunately, Tom suffered an ACL rupture in the first quarter of the game on the weekend,” Bell told westernbuldogs.com.au.

“It’s the opposite knee to the one he had reconstructed back in 2015. Tom will go into surgery tonight to have that ACL repaired, and we’ll continue to support Tom in his rehab.”

Former Docker Hayden Crozier is also set for a month on the sidelines after his first official game in Bulldogs colours was soured by a knee injury.
‘’During the weekend’s game, someone fell across Hayden’s knee (and) it actually damaged the medial ligament. We’ll manage it conservatively but I expect him to miss the next month of football.”

In better news for the Dogs, defender Marcus Adams has returned to the Club after successful surgery on his ankle.
“Marcus had the surgery last week to repair the syndesmosis ligament in his ankle. The surgery went really well which is fantastic,” Bell said.
“Marcus is back in the Club this week and has started the initial phases of his rehab.”

And veteran defender Dale Morris is expected to resume running in coming weeks after having his leg brace removed, following the small tear to his ACL her suffered at training in February.
‘’He’s out of his brace, which is great and we’re focusing on his strength and control around his knee,’’ Bell said.

“We’ll look to progress him and try and get him running outside in the next two to three weeks, but at this stage it’s still a bit early to predict his timeline but we’re hoping to get him back in the second half of the year.”

LostDoggy
26-03-2018, 06:11 PM
https://www.facebook.com/bulldogsonline/posts/2152335568117388

chef
26-03-2018, 06:19 PM
Great news he's signing a new deal.

LostDoggy
26-03-2018, 06:22 PM
No matter what he'll be a bulldog for life

bornadog
27-03-2018, 10:33 AM
INJURY LIST

Player
Injury
Estimated Return

Hayden Crozier
Knee
4-5 weeks

Marcus Adams
Ankle
9-10 weeks

Dale Morris
Knee
10-12 weeks

Liam Picken
Concussion
Indefinite

Tom Liberatore
Knee
Season

Updated on Tuesday March 27, 2018

Crozier blown out to 5 weeks

always right
28-03-2018, 12:07 AM
Again.......another bulldog long term spirit shattering injury list with similar names and level of importance. Hard not to be pessimistic.

Smads57
28-03-2018, 06:52 AM
I'd like to know the injury details for Campbell, Smith and Collins - all failed to play in the VFL practice match (unless they are not playing due to disciplinary reasons!)
Bevo mentioned in his presser (27/3) that the club hadn't been coming forward with pre season injury concerns with players, which is fair enough, but now we are into the season proper and getting verbal reports from the Bulldogs website on the 'current' injury situation of players, I would have thought we would hear about all injured players on our list or at least the more senior players. For example, if Clay Smith is experiencing knee soreness and has for some time, certainly that is worth reporting to supporters given his role in the team, the knee issues he has had in the past and our challenges up forward at present.

josie
28-03-2018, 09:34 AM
I'd like to know the injury details for Campbell, Smith and Collins - all failed to play in the VFL practice match (unless they are not playing due to disciplinary reasons!)
Bevo mentioned in his presser (27/3) that the club hadn't been coming forward with pre season injury concerns with players, which is fair enough, but now we are into the season proper and getting verbal reports from the Bulldogs website on the 'current' injury situation of players, I would have thought we would hear about all injured players on our list or at least the more senior players. For example, if Clay Smith is experiencing knee soreness and has for some time, certainly that is worth reporting to supporters given his role in the team, the knee issues he has had in the past and our challenges up forward at present.

I had v brief chat with Collins on family day and he was in moon boot. I think he said ankle strain and that he expected to be able to recover in a few weeks. It is frustrating that the club seems to want to cloak our injuries. This fuels the innuendo and worry of supporters (and probably media, not that I care about that too much).

Rocket Science
28-03-2018, 10:00 AM
Circa AFL.com ...

"Clay Smith will miss at least the next month with a knee complaint".

and ...

"As well Luke Beveridge's defensive stocks will have to do without Kieran Collins for at least another month ... still recovering from ankle surgery in November".

bornadog
28-03-2018, 10:06 AM
Circa AFL.com ...

"Clay Smith will miss at least the next month with a knee complaint".

and ...

"As well Luke Beveridge's defensive stocks will have to do without Kieran Collins for at least another month ... still receiving from ankle surgery in November".

Why can't the head of medical give us an update and include these blokes in the list?

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
28-03-2018, 11:12 AM
Ffs!

Eastdog
28-03-2018, 11:22 AM
Just really frustrating at the moment. All important players on that injury list.

There needs to be honest communication on all injuries to AFL/VFL players no matter how big or small.

bornadog
28-03-2018, 06:40 PM
Ffs!

Ok here we are:

Player
Injury
Duration

Hayden Crozier (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/hayden-crozier)
knee
4-5 weeks

Clay Smith (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/clay-smith)
knee
4-5 weeks

Kieran Collins (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/kieran-collins)
ankle
6-7 weeks

Marcus Adams (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/marcus-adams)
ankle
9-10 weeks

Dale Morris (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/dale-morris)
knee
10-12 weeks

Liam Picken (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/liam-picken)
concussion
indefinite

Tom Liberatore (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/tom-liberatore)
knee
season

* Injury list updated on Tuesday 27 March, 2018

Cyberdoggie
28-03-2018, 06:46 PM
Big Tom injured as well?
Hasn't been sighted much.

bornadog
29-03-2018, 12:05 AM
Big Tom injured as well?
Hasn't been sighted much.

haven't heard a thing on Soup.

Smads57
29-03-2018, 10:11 AM
Campbell was a spectator in the crowd at the VFL game. I was watching him carefully for any evidence of ‘limping’ to see if I could work out why he wasn’t playing but he looked fine.

Mantis
29-03-2018, 10:32 AM
When it rains it *!*!*!*!ing pours!

About 2-3 weeks ago the injury list looked reasonably good with just Dale on the sidelines... How things change quickly with now 5-6 best 22 players out, with many of these our more experienced/ mature players.

Footy sucks!

Ozza
29-03-2018, 10:40 AM

About 2-3 weeks ago the injury list looked reasonably good with just Dale on the sidelines... How things change quickly with now 5-6 best 22 players out, with many of these our more experienced/ mature players.

Footy sucks!

When all else fails....put your premiership DVD in and enjoy....the only month where everything went right!!

bornadog
29-03-2018, 10:42 AM
Big shout out to the club.

I emailed them complaining the injury list was not correct and they updated it and emailed back to let me know.

bulldogsthru&thru
29-03-2018, 10:49 AM

Footy sucks!

I've mentioned it before and it probably deserves its own thread, but its only round 1 and we already have a shocking injury list. This is the 3rd year running. Can we really be unlucky 3 years straight? Or is it a result of something we as a club are doing? I hate looking over at the tigers or the saints and see them having no injuries AGAIN.

bornadog
01-04-2018, 09:12 PM
we can add Schache with a calf injury and Roughead.

Ozza
02-04-2018, 10:55 AM
What do we add Roughead with? That he was ‘a bit light headed’ which is the explanation we got after the game.

bornadog
02-04-2018, 10:57 AM
What do we add Roughead with? That he was ‘a bit light headed’ which is the explanation we got after the game.

Well missing for half the game, so injured. Who knows if he is ok or not.

bornadog
03-04-2018, 05:35 PM
Josh Schache on light duties in his recovery from a calf strain. Tom Campbell, who hasn’t played in recent weeks, is training with a heavily strapped thigh. No sign of Liam Picken.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ1m-X9UMAIMFrv.jpg

bornadog
03-04-2018, 06:13 PM
From HUN, plus I added Schache

Jackson Trengove (shoulder) 2-3 weeks

Marcus Adams (ankle) 8-9 weeks

Kieran Collins (ankle) 5-6 weeks

Hayden Crozier (knee) 4-5 weeks

Tom Liberatore (knee) season

Dale Morris (knee) 10-12 weeks

Liam Picken (concussion) indefinite

Jordan Roughead (concussion) TBC

Clay Smith (knee) 4-5 weeks

Josh Schache (Calf) 2-3 weeks

Remi Moses
03-04-2018, 06:22 PM
Form is poor , but gee been whacked with injuries

Eastdog
03-04-2018, 07:03 PM
Form is poor , but gee been whacked with injuries

Again!

Looking through that list no wonder why we are struggling in defence.

Tom Boyd not on there and is playing in the VFL but despite his form is it time to just play him now.

Bulldog4life
03-04-2018, 07:25 PM
Again!

Looking through that list no wonder why we are struggling in defence.

Tom Boyd not on there and is playing in the VFL but despite his form is it time to just play him now.

Bevo said something along the lines of Tom still getting his emotional problems together. He might still play next week though.

Rocket Science
03-04-2018, 08:15 PM
From HUN, plus I added Schache

Jackson Trengove (shoulder) 2-3 weeks

Marcus Adams (ankle) 8-9 weeks

Kieran Collins (ankle) 5-6 weeks

Hayden Crozier (knee) 4-5 weeks

Tom Liberatore (knee) season

Dale Morris (knee) 10-12 weeks

Liam Picken (concussion) indefinite

Jordan Roughead (concussion) TBC

Clay Smith (knee) 4-5 weeks

Josh Schache (Calf) 2-3 weeks

That's a quarter of our list laid up.

bornadog
03-04-2018, 10:49 PM
From Club site:

Player
Injury
Duration

Jordan Roughead (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/jordan-roughead)
concussion
test

Josh Schache (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/josh-schache)
calf
1 week

Jackson Trengove (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/jackson-trengove)
shoulder
3-4 weeks

Hayden Crozier (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/hayden-crozier)
knee
3-4 weeks

knee
3-4 weeks

Kieran Collins (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/kieran-collins)
ankle
5-6 weeks

ankle
8-9 weeks

knee
9-11 weeks

concussion
indefinite

Tom Liberatore (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/tom-liberatore)
knee
season

* Injury list updated on Tuesday 3 April, 2018

Nothing on Tom Campbell, but apparently strapping on thigh, so restricted

Daughter of the West
04-04-2018, 09:01 AM
From Club site:

Player
Injury
Duration

Jordan Roughead (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/jordan-roughead)
concussion
test

calf
1 week

Jackson Trengove (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/jackson-trengove)
shoulder
3-4 weeks

knee
3-4 weeks

knee
3-4 weeks

ankle
5-6 weeks

ankle
8-9 weeks

knee
9-11 weeks

concussion
indefinite

knee
season

* Injury list updated on Tuesday 3 April, 2018

Nothing on Tom Campbell, but apparently strapping on thigh, so restricted

Can someone at VU please do a PHD on why we are so injured toot sweet?

This list is just ridiculous.

craigsahibee
04-04-2018, 09:12 AM

You would think at least 7 of those are in our best 22 and then consider those that aren't on the list but have had a very interrupted pre-season, one can understand why we are struggling.

bulldogsthru&thru
04-04-2018, 09:39 AM

i agree. 3 years in a row we are decimated with injuries. When does it stop being simply bad luck?

Axe Man
04-04-2018, 10:37 AM
i agree. 3 years in a row we are decimated with injuries. When does it stop being simply bad luck?

Of the current injuries only Schache is a soft tissue, there's not much you can do to prevent knees, ankles and concussions.

bornadog
04-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Of the current injuries only Schache is a soft tissue, there's not much you can do to prevent knees, ankles and concussions.

Would be interesting to look at all the soft tissue injuries over the past few years.

MrMahatma
04-04-2018, 01:56 PM
Bevo said something along the lines of Tom still getting his emotional problems together. He might still play next week though.

When did he say that?

FrediKanoute
04-04-2018, 05:03 PM
That's a quarter of our list laid up.

More than that though. At least 7 (8 if you count Smith) are starting 22. Our selections and form begin to make a little more sense

Bulldog4life
04-04-2018, 05:47 PM
When did he say that?

When interviewed by Leigh Matthews before the match

Eastdog
05-04-2018, 09:55 PM
When will the injury list ever be 0.

bornadog
06-04-2018, 12:10 AM

Impossible

Sedat
06-04-2018, 12:22 AM
When interviewed by Leigh Matthews before the match
The same Leigh Matthews who openly wished Tom Boyd an unsuccessful career. The irony.

Eastdog
06-04-2018, 12:37 AM
Impossible

1 or 2 certainly wouldn't be bad but the way our luck is going with injuries that's near impossible as well.

Bulldog4life
06-04-2018, 11:03 AM

It was close to that during pre-season and we were all excited. Then it started.....

ledge
07-04-2018, 10:06 AM
It was close to that during pre-season and we were all excited. Then it started.....

In reality I don't think it was , the club hid a few.

Eastdog
07-04-2018, 10:13 PM
In reality I don't think it was , the club hid a few.

I tend to agree ledge.

Eastdog
07-04-2018, 10:14 PM
Impossible

In our dreams :)

bornadog
10-04-2018, 06:15 PM
Player
Injury
Duration

concussion
test

calf
test

shoulder
test

knee
4 weeks

knee
4-5 weeks

ankle
5-6 weeks

ankle
8-9 weeks

knee
6-8 weeks

concussion
indefinite

knee
season

* Injury list updated on Tuesday 10 April, 2018

Axe Man
11-04-2018, 01:55 PM
Big Dogs facing fitness tests ahead of Swans clash (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-11/big-dogs-facing-fitness-tests-ahead-of-swans-clash)

THE WESTERN Bulldogs could regain versatile big men Jordan Roughead and Jackson Trengove from injury for Saturday afternoon's clash with Sydney at Etihad Stadium.

The duo both picked up injuries in the round two loss to West Coast, with Roughead sustaining a concussion and Trengove suffering a crack in his shoulder blade after copping a knee in a marking contest.

Trengove was initially expected to miss up to three weeks, but the club's injury list states both he and Roughead need to pass fitness tests to face the Swans.

Josh Schache (calf) also needs to prove his fitness to play this week, but the young key forward is likely to play at VFL after being sidelined for the past fortnight.

That's where the good news ends for the Dogs, with running defender Hayden Crozier now expected to miss up to another month with a knee injury he picked up in the round one loss to Greater Western Sydney.

The former Docker was only estimated to miss 2-3 weeks with the medial ligament strain, but he is now unlikely to be available until round seven or eight.

Premiership forward Liam Picken is still listed as indefinite as he recovers from the serious concussion he suffered in the JLT Community Series.

Rugged forward Clay Smith is 4-5 weeks away from resuming. He has soreness in the right knee that he's had reconstructed three times.

The 24-year-old appeared hampered by his knee when training away from the main group last week.

bornadog
11-04-2018, 01:57 PM
double

Eastdog
11-04-2018, 07:53 PM
Amazing Axe Man and bornadog nearly posting the same report at the same time :)

bornadog
11-04-2018, 11:00 PM
Amazing Axe Man and bornadog nearly posting the same report at the same time :)

Not any more :D

Rocket Science
12-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Anyone else sick of hearing about the poor old Pies' injury woes?

They've officially got 7 listed out injured in total, three of which are marked as 'test' for this round.

The poor bastards, how ever will they cope.

bornadog
12-04-2018, 06:40 PM
Luke Beveridge:

“There is every chance Liam doesn’t play again this year”. Luke Beveridge on SEN on Liam Picken. Can’t do much at present with concussion

bornadog
13-04-2018, 04:27 PM
Smith undergoes surgery (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-04-13/smith-undergoes-surgery)

Western Bulldogs forward Clay Smith underwent surgery on Thursday night to manage an area of damage to the meniscus of his right knee.

Smith has been suffering ongoing soreness and swelling in the knee, and although it has recently shown signs of improvement, he’s been unable to return to high level training.

A timeline on the 24-year-old’s return will be established over the next week.

bornadog
16-04-2018, 06:06 PM
Injury Update (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-04-16/smith-sidelined-schache-to-face-test)

Western Bulldogs forward Clay Smith is expected to miss up to seven weeks of football after undergoing surgery on his right knee to repair cartilage damage.

The 24-year-old had been suffering ongoing soreness and swelling and went under the knife last week, according to Club Medical Services Manager Chris Bell.

"Clay had an arthroscope on Thursday night to repair some of the cartilage damage in his right knee,” Bell told westernbulldogs.com.au

"We're going to systematically work through a process with Clay over the next couple of weeks but at this stage we expect him to miss the next six to seven weeks of footy."

Young Dogs Josh Schache and Brad Lynch have both emerged from Footscray's 81-point win over Coburg with questions marks, with Lynch expected to spend an extended period on the sideline with a hamstring injury, according to Bell.

"Brad hurt his hamstring chasing an opposition player during the VFL game on the weekend,” he said.

“Brad is a high-speed player so we're going to have to take our time with re-loading his top end speed. At this stage we're expecting (him) to miss the next six to eight weeks of footy.”

Schache will face a test after leaving the game early with an ankle injury.

The 20-year-old key forward had made a successful return from a calf strain but will face a fitness test later in the week, as will Jackson Trengove, who's recovering from a shoulder injury.

Bell said Trengove has regained a full range of motion but it’s yet to be determined if he has regained his full strength.

bornadog
16-04-2018, 06:14 PM
Player
Injury
Duration

shoulder
test

knee
2-3 weeks

ankle
4-5 weeks

ankle
5-6 weeks

knee
6-7 weeks

knee
6-8 weeks

Brad Lynch (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/brad-lynch)
hamstring
7-9 weeks

concussion
indefinite

knee
season

* Injury list updated on Monday 16 April, 2018

AndrewP6
16-04-2018, 06:31 PM
I think we'll be farewelling several Bulldogs this year. Poor Clay, his body just won't allow him to get on the paddock. Likewise for Lynch.

ledge
16-04-2018, 07:39 PM
I think we'll be farewelling several Bulldogs this year. Poor Clay, his body just won't allow him to get on the paddock. Likewise for Lynch.

Sadly Picken as well I think.

AndrewP6
16-04-2018, 07:49 PM
Sadly Picken as well I think.

One of the several I was referring to.

bornadog
17-04-2018, 10:25 AM
Dogs' big men ready, rookie's career in doubt (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-16/dogs-big-men-ready-rookies-career-in-doubt)

THE WESTERN Bulldogs could regain versatile big man Jackson Trengove from injury for Saturday night's clash with Fremantle at Optus Stadium.

The 27-year-old sustained a cracked shoulder blade in the round three win over Essendon and was considered for the weekend's loss to Sydney, but the club erred on the side of caution.

Premiership big man Jordan Roughead resumed through the VFL on the weekend - after suffering concussion in round three - and got through Footscray's win over Coburg unscathed.

But that's where the good news ends for the Dogs, with third-year rookie Brad Lynch's horror run with hamstring injuries continuing.

The 20-year-old's latest setback is expected to see him sidelined for up to nine weeks after he pulled up lame chasing an opponent in the last quarter of the Whitten Oval clash.

It's a savage blow for the West Australian who is yet to make his senior debut. He will need to be delisted if he's not upgraded to the senior list at season's end.

Key forward Josh Schache appeared to hurt his ankle in his return from a calf injury and was seen icing the area during the last quarter, but the former Lion isn't recorded on the club's weekly injury list.

Defensive playmaker Hayden Crozier (knee) is still 2-3 weeks away from resuming, while mid-season returns for important defenders Dale Morris (knee) and Marcus Adams (ankle) are likely.

Axe Man
17-04-2018, 10:29 AM
I didn't make it to Etihad early enough to catch the Social Club interviews but was told Crozier indicated he was very close to returning, possibly this week?

ledge
17-04-2018, 07:08 PM
I didn't make it to Etihad early enough to catch the Social Club interviews but was told Crozier indicated he was very close to returning, possibly this week?

I was there and it was the next week, but in saying that I think it's what he would like not necessarily what the Doctors think.

bornadog
20-04-2018, 01:15 PM
Player
Injury
Estimated Return

Marcus Adams
Ankle
5-6 weeks

Kieran Collins
Ankle
4-5 weeks

Hayden Crozier
Knee
2-3 weeks

Tom Liberatore
Knee
Season

Brad Lynch
Hamstring
7-9 weeks

Dale Morris
Knee
6-8 weeks

Liam Picken
Concussion
Indefinite

Jack Redpath
Knee
TBC

Clay Smith
Knee
6-7 weeks

Jackson Trengove
Shoulder blade
Test

Josh Schache
Ankle
Test

Bailey Williams
Middle ear infection
TBC

Updated: Thursday, April 19

Early prognosis

The Dogs lost Williams and Redpath to injury, and will again be without versatile big man Trengove (shoulder) for the trip west to play Fremantle. Former Lion Schache (ankle) could also be available but is very likely to play at VFL level again. Running defender Lynch's horror run with hamstring injuries has continued, with the West Australian to miss up to nine weeks with his latest mishap. – Ryan Davidson

Eastdog
22-04-2018, 02:26 AM
I was there and it was the next week, but in saying that I think it's what he would like not necessarily what the Doctors think.

Bevo in his presser tonight said that Crozier will be in the mix next week.

Dickson added to that injury list.

Naughton is ok.

Dry Rot
23-04-2018, 02:01 PM
Re ACLs and Libba and Smith - this is an interesting article

ACL reconstructions up more than 70 per cent among young Australians, study finds

http://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2018-04-23/acl-injuries-knee-reconstructions-up-more-than-70-per-cent/9679672

Are rates of ACL injuries rising in AFL?

jeemak
23-04-2018, 02:03 PM
Re ACLs and Libba and Smith - this is an interesting article

ACL reconstructions up more than 70 per cent among young Australians, study finds

http://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2018-04-23/acl-injuries-knee-reconstructions-up-more-than-70-per-cent/9679672

Are rates of ACL injuries rising in AFL?

Another article here.......

https://www.theage.com.au/national/australia-endures-epidemic-of-preventable-acl-injuries-20180421-p4zay6.html

bornadog
23-04-2018, 05:44 PM
Injury Update (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-04-23/dickson-hamstrung)

Scans have confirmed that Western Bulldogs forward Tory Dickson will miss at least the next month of football with a hamstring injury.

Dickson left the ground early in the second quarter of Saturday’s 51-point loss to Fremantle and did not return.

“Tory suffered a hamstring injury after overstretching in a contest in the second quarter of the game on the weekend,” Medical Services Manager Chris Bell told westernbulldogs.com.au on Monday.

“Scans today have confirmed a moderate grade injury which means that we will be planning a return to play in about 4-6 weeks.”

Young defender Aaron Naughton will be back training by the end of the week after suffering a heavy blow to the face that left the teenager bloodied.

“Aaron suffered a direct blow to his face in the third quarter of the game on the weekend,” Bell said. Luckily he didn't suffer any concussion symptoms but he did get a cut to his chin.”

“He's come in really well today and we expect him to full train later in the week.”

Jack Redpath’s return date, however, remains unclear after missing the Perth trip with general knee soreness.
It is the same knee in which he has suffered two previous reconstructions.

“We're working really hard to get Jack back out there on the track,” Bell said. “At this stage we'll have more of an accurate idea when we can get him back into training in the next one to two weeks.”

But in better news for the Club, Hayden Crozier looks set to be available for selection this week after progressing well from the MCL injury he suffered in Round 1 against GWS.

“He's still got to get through training this week but if he ticks all of our boxes this week he'll be available ,” said Bell.

Player
Injury
Duration

knee
test

ankle
test

Bailey Williams (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/bailey-williams)
inner ear
test

Roarke Smith (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/roarke-smith)
hip
1-2 weeks

Jack Redpath (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/jack-redpath)
knee
3-4 weeks

ankle
3-4 weeks

knee
4-5 weeks

Tory Dickson (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/tory-dickson)
hamstring
4-6 weeks

knee
5-6 weeks

knee
5-7 weeks

hamstring
6-8 weeks

concussion
indefinite

knee
season

Axe Man
23-04-2018, 05:52 PM
When did Adam's ankle injury become a knee injury? :rolleyes:

bornadog
23-04-2018, 05:57 PM
When did Adam's ankle injury become a knee injury? :rolleyes:

Yeah that is a new one, someone mucked up the cut and paste. :D

bornadog
30-04-2018, 05:26 PM
Wood to miss; Redpath in for surgery (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-04-30/wood-to-miss-redpath-in-for-surgery)

Western Bulldogs captain Easton Wood will miss at least a week of football after suffering a hamstring injury against Carlton on Friday night.

Speaking to westernbulldogs.com.au on Monday, medical services manager Chris Bell said Wood will be reassessed in two weeks’ time.

“Although he got through the game, scans have confirmed since that he has got a low-grade hamstring injury,” Bell said.

“He definitely won't play this week because we don't want to take any risks, but we expect him to be available in the next two to three weeks.”

While Wood could be back on field soon, the news isn’t as encouraging for Jack Redpath who will miss up to three months after knee surgery.

“Jack has suffered some soreness in his knee over the last two weeks, Bell said.

“Unfortunately it hasn't settled and we had to proceed to surgery. The surgery involved a repair to his lateral meniscus which is a shock-absorbing pad in his knee.

“Unfortunately the time frame for the recovery for this sort of operation is about 10-12 weeks.”

In better news, Roarke Smith is expected to be available after recovering from a hip injury suffered at training a fortnight ago, while Bell also expects Josh Schache to return this weekend.

“Josh has made a really good recovery following his ankle injury that he had in the VFL two weeks ago.

“He's been really diligent with his recovery, which is great (and) he ticked off a game-like training session for the guys that didn't play on the weekend.

“He got through that really well and I expect him to train this weekend and be available.”

Player
Injury
Duration

Roarke Smith (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/roarke-smith)
hip
test

ankle
1 week

Easton Wood (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/easton-wood)
hamstring
2-3 weeks

ankle
3 weeks

knee
3-4 weeks

hamstring
4-5 weeks

knee
4-5 weeks

hamstring
4-5 weeks

knee
10-12 weeks

concussion
indefinite

knee
season

* Injury list updated on Monday 30 April, 2018

Axe Man
30-04-2018, 05:43 PM
Here was I thinking that we finally got through a weekend without any more injuries! Wood out and Redpath's knee goes from 3 weeks to 3 months.

Hopefully Young can come in and play Wood's role. Unfortunately he can't replace his experience and leadership.

Greystache
30-04-2018, 05:54 PM
So Wood's done a hamstring. If our form stays true somehow we'll manage to make him miss 6 matches with it.

ratsmac
30-04-2018, 07:25 PM
Oh dear. We can't take a trick. Oh well 2016 was the same shit and that panned out ok.

The bulldog tragician
30-04-2018, 07:49 PM
@#$@*******

What have we done to upset the footy gods?

Are we desperately unlucky or is our injury management not up to scratch? I’m particularly concerned that Smith and Redpath are having such trouble with their knees. I know nothing about it but feel the need to grumble and vent.

Eastdog
30-04-2018, 08:00 PM
Bloody injuries!

Eastdog
30-04-2018, 08:01 PM
Oh dear. We can't take a trick. Oh well 2016 was the same shit and that panned out ok.

Against all the odds we did it 2016. I still love saying that.

SlimPickens
30-04-2018, 08:31 PM
So Wood's done a hamstring. If our form stays true somehow we'll manage to make him miss 6 matches with it.

More soft tissue injuries. They have been endemic at the footy club for years, enough is enough. Needs to be addressed.

1eyedog
30-04-2018, 08:57 PM
In all fairness I don't think Woods done a hammy for years. He used to do one every six weeks.

Some clubs have 5 hammys at the moment, some have 3 including us. Another 2-3 have two.

azabob
30-04-2018, 09:05 PM
More soft tissue injuries. They have been endemic at the footy club for years, enough is enough. Needs to be addressed.

I know you are pretty passionate about the soft tissues but has it really been at 2016 levels since 2016?

ledge
01-05-2018, 03:22 PM
Latest one
https://www.facebook.com/Western.Bulldogs/videos/10156270602347487/

bornadog
01-05-2018, 03:25 PM
Latest one
https://www.facebook.com/Western.Bulldogs/videos/10156270602347487/

It was a very good joke.

bornadog
01-05-2018, 04:20 PM
Liberatore on the mend (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-05-01/liberatore-on-the-mend)

Injured Western Bulldogs midfielder Tom Liberatore says he’s finding the rehabilitation from his second knee injury in three years ‘a little bit easier’, in the latest episode of the Freedom in the Cage podcast set for release on Thursday.

Liberatore’s right knee buckled during the opening quarter of the Club’s Round 1 game against Greater Western Sydney, before scans later confirmed he would miss the remainder of the 2018 season.

But having recently shed his crutches, the 25-year-old said he’s looking forward to the next month of training.

“I've been off crutches for a week and a bit now,” an optimistic Liberatore told co-hosts Bob Murphy and Adi Brown on Tuesday.

“The first time around, the six to twelve (period) was really hard, (but) it's different this time because the severity is a little bit less, so not as much damage to the meniscus.”

Now that he’s able to move around without any aids, Liberatore said he’s excited by what’s coming next.
“This period, I'll start riding the bike and swimming so I'm looking forward to this month.

“This time around it's been a little bit easier. “

Eastdog
01-05-2018, 05:02 PM

This might give us some answers the way it's going with our injury list. We have been battered hard.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
01-05-2018, 08:46 PM
Great to see footage and hear the report of Picko undertaking some light training with the boys today.
Great news.

Eastdog
01-05-2018, 08:51 PM
Good news for both Picko and Libba.

We need some more positive posts in this thread.

ledge
01-05-2018, 09:04 PM
Is the western oval surface to hard ? Or is it Etihad ?
That seems to be the excuse bought up by the media when a club has a lot of injuries.

Eastdog
01-05-2018, 09:05 PM
Is the western oval surface to hard ? Or is it Etihad ?
That seems to be the excuse bought up by the media when a club has a lot of injuries.

Yeah the groundskeepers of WO and Etihad would give us an idea.

bornadog
04-05-2018, 11:26 AM
Bevo just confirmed Roughead has a slight Hammy

bornadog
07-05-2018, 06:03 PM
Bont a chance for Lions; Morris back on track (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-05-07/bont-a-chance-for-lions-morris-back-on-track)

Marcus Bontempelli will face a fitness test later in the week to determine if he returns to face the Brisbane Lions on Saturday night at Etihad Stadium.

The 22-year-old was a late withdrawal from the Dogs clash with Gold Coast in Ballarat on the weekend with a hip complaint but will be given the week to prove his fitness.

“Marcus suffered some hip soreness out of the Carlton game,” medical services manager Chris Bell said.

“During the main training session last Thursday he wasn't able to hit his high-end speed and agility so we withdrew him from (the game).
“We'll work through a process with him this week but if he gets through the main training session on Thursday we expect him to be available.”

Vetern defender Dale Morris looks set to return to the playing field soon after being given clearance to return to full training. Morris suffered a partial tear of his ACL in February and could be given the all-clear to play ahead of the bye, according to Bell.

“Dale Morris has been fantastic in his recovery following is partial ACL injury,” he said.
“He's been involved in a really comprehensive and thorough rehab program where we've focused on strength and control around his knee.

“He's ticked all of our boxes so far and will come back into full training this week. If he gets through the rest of our tests over the next two weeks and finishes training he'll come back into playing the next week.”

And ruckman Jordan Roughead will be available for selection this weekend after recovering from a hamstring complaint.

“Jordan suffered some minor hamstring tightness over the last ten days or so, (but) he's come in clinically clear today and completed a really good footy session on the weekend.

“If he gets through training this week he'll be expected to return to play.”

Player
Injury
Duration

Marcus Bontempelli (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/marcus-bontempelli-)
hip
test

hamstring
1-2 weeks

knee
1-2 weeks

ankle
2-3 weeks

ankle
2-3 weeks

hamstring
3-4 weeks

hamstring
3-4 weeks

knee
4-5 weeks

knee
10-12 weeks

concussion
indefinite

knee
season

* Injury list updated on Monday 7 May, 2018

bornadog
07-05-2018, 09:12 PM
Mark Stevens‏ @Stevo7AFL (https://twitter.com/Stevo7AFL)

Dale Morris a developing story at the Bulldogs. Set to join in with main group tomorrow, take part in most drills. Partial ACL tear late Feb, no reco ... might be only 2-3 weeks away.

ledge
07-05-2018, 09:20 PM
Talked to Easton Wood on Saturday night , don't be surprised if he comes back in this week.

Eastdog
07-05-2018, 09:28 PM
Mark Stevens‏ @Stevo7AFL (https://twitter.com/Stevo7AFL)

Dale Morris a developing story at the Bulldogs. Set to join in with main group tomorrow, take part in most drills. Partial ACL tear late Feb, no reco ... might be only 2-3 weeks away.

Great to hear. Yep he'll be really valuable for us down in our defence to guide our kids. We need an experienced head down there. Dale has had a tough time lately but hopefully now he is back on track.

The Adelaide Connection
07-05-2018, 11:15 PM
Bont a chance for Lions; Morris back on track (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-05-07/bont-a-chance-for-lions-morris-back-on-track)

Marcus Bontempelli will face a fitness test later in the week to determine if he returns to face the Brisbane Lions on Saturday night at Etihad Stadium.

The 22-year-old was a late withdrawal from the Dogs clash with Gold Coast in Ballarat on the weekend with a hip complaint but will be given the week to prove his fitness.

“Marcus suffered some hip soreness out of the Carlton game,” medical services manager Chris Bell said.

“During the main training session last Thursday he wasn't able to hit his high-end speed and agility so we withdrew him from (the game).
“We'll work through a process with him this week but if he gets through the main training session on Thursday we expect him to be available.”

Vetern defender Dale Morris looks set to return to the playing field soon after being given clearance to return to full training. Morris suffered a partial tear of his ACL in February and could be given the all-clear to play ahead of the bye, according to Bell.

“Dale Morris has been fantastic in his recovery following is partial ACL injury,” he said.
“He's been involved in a really comprehensive and thorough rehab program where we've focused on strength and control around his knee.

“He's ticked all of our boxes so far and will come back into full training this week. If he gets through the rest of our tests over the next two weeks and finishes training he'll come back into playing the next week.”

And ruckman Jordan Roughead will be available for selection this weekend after recovering from a hamstring complaint.

“Jordan suffered some minor hamstring tightness over the last ten days or so, (but) he's come in clinically clear today and completed a really good footy session on the weekend.

“If he gets through training this week he'll be expected to return to play.”

Player
Injury
Duration

Marcus Bontempelli (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/marcus-bontempelli-)
hip
test

hamstring
1-2 weeks

knee
1-2 weeks

ankle
2-3 weeks

ankle
2-3 weeks

hamstring
3-4 weeks

hamstring
3-4 weeks

knee
4-5 weeks

knee
10-12 weeks

concussion
indefinite

knee
season

* Injury list updated on Monday 7 May, 2018

Imagine a world where we aren’t completely cursed and we get through the next five weeks with no new injuries (and are restarting after the bye with only Red and Libber on the injury list).

bornadog
07-05-2018, 11:24 PM
Imagine a world where we aren’t completely cursed and we get through the next five weeks with no new injuries (and are restarting after the bye with only Red and Libber on the injury list).

Hopefully Picko will be ok?

The Adelaide Connection
08-05-2018, 01:35 AM
Hopefully Picko will be ok?

I wasn’t so sure we’d ever see him again with all the reports that he couldn’t deal with the music in the gym or even kick a footy. But he is back on the track, back kicking footys, and allegedly bullish about getting back to playing. That has me pretty optimistic that we will see him again.

*Edit: But there shouldn’t be any doubt about it. There can’t be any concerns about long term impact.

westdog54
09-05-2018, 05:39 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2018-05-08/press-conference-luke-beveridge-rd8

Bevo indicating Dale Morris and Marcus Adams might be available for selection the week after next.

Dale Morris is officially not human.

bornadog
09-05-2018, 05:54 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2018-05-08/press-conference-luke-beveridge-rd8

Bevo indicating Dale Morris and Marcus Adams might be available for selection the week after next.

We will soon have some selection dilemmas

LostDoggy
09-05-2018, 06:39 PM
We will soon have some selection dilemmas

Yep, we may have to decide who of Adams, Cordy, Naughton or Young go forward....

Eastdog
09-05-2018, 06:52 PM
Yep, we may have to decide who of Adams, Cordy, Naughton or Young go forward....

Adams and Cordy have played a bit up forward before so out of one those two I reckon. I would probably keep Naughton and Young back in defence.

Eastdog
09-05-2018, 06:53 PM

What a champ Dale is.

Premiership player and was a joy seeing that tackle he did on Buddy in our premiership win.

Ozza
09-05-2018, 07:33 PM
I wasn’t so sure we’d ever see him again with all the reports that he couldn’t deal with the music in the gym or even kick a footy. But he is back on the track, back kicking footys, and allegedly bullish about getting back to playing. That has me pretty optimistic that we will see him again.

*Edit: But there shouldn’t be any doubt about it. There can’t be any concerns about long term impact.

Picko was one of a number of Bulldogs at Yarraville-Seddon Eagles junior training last night. Unfortunately Picko wasn't with my sons group (he had Caleb and Biggsy) so I didn't see how involved Picko got with things or whether he was asked about how he was going.

It is terrific that the players (in this case Caleb, Biggsy, Picko, Dicko and Roarke - and I think Marcus Adams might have been there too) make the effort to come out to Junior clubs and do this on their Tuesday night. I know the club requires them to do it, but they turn up with a good attitude and do a great job with the kids.

Mantis
09-05-2018, 08:53 PM

I'd like to see Adams trialed at CHF with the other 3 to become the cornerstone of our defence for the next 10+ years.

Twodogs
09-05-2018, 09:54 PM

A couple of weeks after the grand final I met a couple of Scottish backpackers, we got talking footy and to cut a long story short we ended up at the Bulldog Museum. While we were there a group of players walked past and I grabbed my new friends, pointed out Dale Morris to them and said "that bloke right there played in a grand final in front of 100 000 people with two broken bones in his back." I really don't think they believed me. I probably wouldn't have.

westdog54
09-05-2018, 11:21 PM
A couple of weeks after the grand final I met a couple of Scottish backpackers, we got talking footy and to cut a long story short we ended up at the Bulldog Museum. While we were there a group of players walked past and I grabbed my new friends, pointed out Dale Morris to them and said "that bloke right there played in a grand final in front of 100 000 people with two broken bones in his back." I really don't think they believed me. I probably wouldn't have.

I didn't bloody well believe it, so I don't blame them.

LostDoggy
10-05-2018, 06:48 AM
Bevo was on Marngrook last night and said that Picko was back into training, he said they will give him 4 weeks of training then assess him but he expects that he will return at some stage.

LostDoggy
10-05-2018, 09:08 AM
Bevo was on Marngrook last night and said that Picko was back into training, he said they will give him 4 weeks of training then assess him but he expects that he will return at some stage.

I hope we can stay vaguely in touch over the next 5 weeks or so and have Picken and Morris return in the same game. I'd hate to be our opponents that week.

bornadog
10-05-2018, 10:41 AM
Adelaide have had a spate of hammies and have decided to have a full review of training and what they do.

Injury crisis forces hamstrung Crows to act (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-10/injury-crisis-forces-hamstrung-crows-to-act)

One area they have axed is its new muscle-strengthening training program.

Perhaps we need a full review on what we are doing.

The Bulldogs Bite
10-05-2018, 10:51 AM
Adelaide have had a spate of hammies and have decided to have a full review of training and what they do.

Injury crisis forces hamstrung Crows to act (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-10/injury-crisis-forces-hamstrung-crows-to-act)

It's incredible that we haven't already.

The Bulldogs Bite
10-05-2018, 10:52 AM
I'd like to see Adams trialed at CHF with the other 3 to become the cornerstone of our defence for the next 10+ years.

Tend to agree.

As good as Adams is as a defender, we might as well focus on fast tracking our young defenders. He's also shown a bit as a key forward.

It's been a real shame that Adams has missed so much footy.

1eyedog
10-05-2018, 10:53 AM

How many hammys do we have ATM?

bornadog
10-05-2018, 11:21 AM
How many hammys do we have ATM?

We had four up to last week, but Roughead will play this week. (VFL) I don't think it is just Hammies, need to look at all soft tissue injuries.

Axe Man
10-05-2018, 12:26 PM
We had four up to last week, but Roughead will play this week. (VFL) I don't think it is just Hammies, need to look at all soft tissue injuries.

I would be surprised if our incidence of soft tissue injuries was higher than the AFL average. We seem to cop more than our share of joint injuries but I have to agree with Bevo, it's mostly just been bad luck.

Axe Man
10-05-2018, 04:05 PM

Where did you dispose of their bodies?

bornadog
11-05-2018, 11:09 AM
Picken ‘certain’ to return: Beveridge - story here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-05-10/picken-certain-to-return-beveridge)

Daughter of the West
11-05-2018, 11:50 AM
Picken ‘certain’ to return: Beveridge - story here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-05-10/picken-certain-to-return-beveridge)

I'll be honest, I'm genuinely surprised (pleasantly surprised mind you).

You obviously can't keep Picko away from it!

Twodogs
12-05-2018, 09:04 AM
Where did you dispose of their bodies?

Snowtown. No, hang on...

LostDoggy
13-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Channel 7 Sunday morning show injury wrap reckons Naughton will be 2-3 weeks.

ledge
13-05-2018, 12:39 PM
Channel 7 Sunday morning show injury wrap reckons Naughton will be 2-3 weeks.

I think we get more back than we lose though so that's an up.
Wood in , not a bad replacement.

LostDoggy
13-05-2018, 12:52 PM

Yeah, bad timing for Naughton though as we've got Adelaide this week so need 3 genuine talls (Walker, Lynch, Jenkins). With Young struggling a bit, Naughton would've been real handy.

bornadog
13-05-2018, 01:02 PM
Yeah, bad timing for Naughton though as we've got Adelaide this week so need 3 genuine talls (Walker, Lynch, Jenkins). With Young struggling a bit, Naughton would've been real handy.

Wood should come in even though I hate him playing tall, and I wouldn't be surprised if Roberts comes in.

LostDoggy
13-05-2018, 01:10 PM
Wood should come in even though I hate him playing tall, and I wouldn't be surprised if Roberts comes in.

Yeah Roberts must be considered, or maybe Trengove back.

Mantis
13-05-2018, 01:16 PM

Not on current season form.

Eastdog
14-05-2018, 03:14 PM
Not on current season form.

Yeah I agree Mantis.

Wood hasn't been great this year. Has had some good moments down where he should be played all along in the defence. The forward experiment with Wood is done.

bornadog
14-05-2018, 05:50 PM
Naughton to miss; key Dogs in the mix (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-05-14/naughton-to-miss-key-dogs-in-the-mix)

While first year defender Aaron Naughton will be sidelined for two to three weeks with an ankle injury, the Bulldogs backline could be bolstered with the return of Easton Wood, Dale Morris and Marcus Adams this weekend.

20-year-old Naughton rolled his left ankle in the latter stages of Saturday night’s 14-point win against Brisbane, and scans have since confirmed ligament damage according to medical services officer Chris Bell.

“Scans confirmed our initial thoughts that he has damaged the ligaments on the outside part of his ankle,” he told westernbulldogs.com.au on Monday.

“At this stage we expect Aaron to miss the next two to three games.”

The news is better for skipper Easton Wood, however, who is expected to be available for selection after recovering from a minor hamstring injury sustained against Carlton in Round Six.

“Easton has progressed really well following his minor hamstring strain. He ticked full speed on the weekend, which is really important for us,” he said.

“He'll come back into full training this week with the team and if he gets through, he'll come back into availability this weekend.”
And veteran defender Dale Morris is almost certain to play this weekend less than three months after suffering a partial ACL tear during a training drill in February.

Morris underwent a targeted strength and conditioning rehabilitation program rather than surgery, and the only hurdle left to clear is getting through training this week, Bell confirmed.

“Dale has ticked every box and passed every fitness test we could throw at him, and he's now had two really solid weeks of footy training behind him.

“So, if he gets through training this week as we expect he'll return to availability this weekend.”
The same can be said for young defender Marcus Adams who is also expected to return this weekend from an ankle injury suffered on the eve of the season'

“Marcus has progressed really well following his ankle surgery earlier in the year, Bell said.
“He's ticked our final stage measures in rehab. He's back in full training this week and if he gets through training like we expect, he will play this weekend.”

Player
Injury
Duration

hamstring
test

knee
test

ankle
test

hamstring
1-2 weeks

Aaron Naughton (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/jack-redpath)
ankle
2-3 weeks

Brad Lynch (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/aaron-naughton)
hamstring
2-3 weeks

ankle
3-4 weeks

knee
4-5 weeks

knee
9-10 weeks

concussion
indefinite

knee
season

* Injury list updated on Monday 14 May, 2018

1eyedog
14-05-2018, 06:28 PM
Well that all looks a shite load better. I'd be tempted to play Moz this weekend on Tex or Lynch.

MrMahatma
14-05-2018, 08:06 PM
Well that all looks a shite load better. I'd be tempted to play Moz this weekend on Tex or Lynch.

It then becomes only Dickson, Naughton and Picken from best/possible best 22 missing. (That we'll get back this year)

Eastdog
14-05-2018, 08:13 PM
Really good news!

1eyedog
15-05-2018, 12:45 PM
Shout out to the medical team for getting Moz, Wood and Adams up and running so quickly. I know they cop a fair bit of stick on this board but they've clearly nailed these rehab programs.

Ghost Dog
15-05-2018, 03:18 PM
Some good news in here. genuinely happy to see Pickers back but kind of concerned for his long term wellbeing. Marcus Adams deserves a clear run and hope he gets it.

bornadog
15-05-2018, 03:21 PM
Just his ankle? or any other damage.

Yes ankle

20-year-old Naughton rolled his left ankle in the latter stages of Saturday night’s 14-point win against Brisbane, and scans have since confirmed ligament damage according to medical services officer Chris Bell.

“Scans confirmed our initial thoughts that he has damaged the ligaments on the outside part of his ankle,” he told westernbulldogs.com.au on Monday.

“At this stage we expect Aaron to miss the next two to three games.”

Eastdog
15-05-2018, 08:09 PM
Picko expected to return after the bye.

westdog54
15-05-2018, 11:09 PM
Picko expected to return after the bye.

For selfish reasons I hope his 200th game is a home game at Etihad.

Eastdog
17-05-2018, 08:42 PM
For selfish reasons I hope his 200th game is a home game at Etihad.

Yeah R14 v North at Etihad. A local rival, Picko comes back and we can hopefully get an important win.

bornadog
21-05-2018, 04:25 PM
Premiership forward Tory Dickson is a chance to return from a hamstring injury for the @westernbulldogs in Friday night's clash with Collingwood. Hasn't played since the round five loss to Freo.

bornadog
21-05-2018, 05:48 PM
Player
Injury
Duration

hamstring
test

ankle
1-2 weeks

hamstring
1-2 weeks

ankle
2-3 weeks

knee
3-4 weeks

knee
9-10 weeks

concussion
indefinite

knee
season

* Injury list updated on Monday 21 May, 2018

MrMahatma
21-05-2018, 06:27 PM
Premiership forward Tory Dickson is a chance to return from a hamstring injury for the @westernbulldogs in Friday night's clash with Collingwood. Hasn't played since the round five loss to Freo.

We're almost full strength then, and so either we knock a few teams off in the next month or we're I the hunt for a top 4 draft pick.

bornadog
21-05-2018, 06:30 PM
We're almost full strength then, and so either we knock a few teams off in the next month or we're I the hunt for a top 4 draft pick.

Would be nice to get Picken back

Twodogs
22-05-2018, 02:41 PM
English out for a month

Western Bulldogs’ developing ruckman Tim English will miss at least the next month of football with a foot injury.

The 20-year-old developed symptoms following Footscray’s win over Werribee on Sunday where he amassed 26 disposals and 29 hit outs.

Scans yesterday revealed some minor bone stress to one of the bones in his left foot.

English will be on light duties for the next fortnight before rebuilding his training loads.

Meanwhile, forward Tory Dickson is a chance to return to the field this week after missing the last four weeks with a hamstring injury he suffered in the Round 5 loss to Fremantle.

20-year-old defender Brad Lynch is also nearing a return to playing after he suffered a hamstring injury in Round 2 of the VFL on April 14.

Lynch is set to ramp up his training this week and is scheduled to reintegrate into full training from next week.

First-year defender Aaron Naughton is progressing well and has resumed running, but still remains at least 1-2 weeks away from returning from the ankle injury he sustained against Brisbane in Round 8.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-05-22/english-sidelined-with-foot-injury

bornadog
22-05-2018, 02:47 PM
God never ending these injuries.

Player
Injury
Estimated Return

Kieran Collins
Ankle
2-3 weeks

Tory Dickson
Hamstring
Test

Tim English
Foot
3-4 weeks

Tom Liberatore
Knee
Season

Brad Lynch
Hamstring
1-2 weeks

Aaron Naughton
Ankle
1-2 weeks

Liam Picken
Concussion
Indefinite

Jack Redpath
Knee
9-10 weeks

Jordan Roughead
Hamstring
Test

Clay Smith
Knee
3-4 weeks

Updated: Tuesday, May 22

The Bulldogs Bite
22-05-2018, 06:01 PM
Hasn't been much said or asked about Clay.

Seemed to be flying early pre-season, assuming knee issues are self explanatory?

HOSE B ROMERO
22-05-2018, 06:01 PM
Looks like Moz might need the week off.

DALE Morris won't be considered for the Western Bulldogs' clash with Collingwood on Friday night after the veteran pulled up sore in his VFL return from a pre-season knee injury.

While Morris definitely won't face the Magpies, coach Luke Beveridge revealed high-profile recruit Josh Schache was in the mix to make his debut for the club following the key forward's nine goals in his past three outings with Footscray.

Speaking to the media on Tuesday, Beveridge said Morris' medial ligament was the issue, not the ACL he partially torn in February.

"He's a bit sore, so he's unlikely to be considered this week (at any level)," Beveridge said.

"He's a little bit sore in the knee, just his medial (ligament), which is a bit different and nothing major.

"He felt his way through the game, and he's been out for a while, so we've got to make sure he's totally right before we bring him into the AFL team.

"He's a chance to play (VFL) on Saturday, but we'll wait and see.

"He says he's better today than he was yesterday."

BROWNLOW PREDICTOR Who's leading the race after R8?

Beveridge was far more upbeat when discussing Schache's chances of representing the club at senior level for the first time, with the 20-year-old putting himself in the selection equation with his recent state league form.

After having limited impact in the JLT Community Series and overcoming a calf injury, the former Lion has been kicking goals, and his confidence appears to be building as a result.

The No.2 pick in the 2015 NAB AFL Draft was traded to Bulldogs for picks 25 and 40 in last year's draft after battling homesickness and personal issues in his two seasons at the Gabba.

"(Josh) has had some good weeks, but the last two in particular he's been able to hit the scoreboard, so we'll definitely consider him for Friday night," Beveridge said.

"After he came back from the calf (injury), he's just built into a bit of form, and his match fitness has probably improved over the curse of the past month.

"He's pressing for selection purely on form."

Beveridge said premiership forward Tory Dickson was a chance to resume from a hamstring injury that has sidelined the 30-year-old since round five, while injury-prone key defender Marcus Adams will play his second successive match in the VFL in his return from a pre-season ankle injury.

"Tory is available, so we'll consider him at AFL level and he may get a run Friday night," he said.

"He did a big session on Saturday, and he's more than ready to play, it's just at what level.

"Marcus has pulled up OK, but it will take him a little while to find his form, I'd say."

Beveridge said star forward Liam Picken had returned to full training in his recovery from a serious concussion sustained in the pre-season, but he still couldn't put a date on the 31-year-old's return to the field.

"There's a chance he might play after the bye (in round 12), but we'll wait until we get there," Beveridge said.

"He's still getting some minor headaches, there's still some remnants from the concussion, but there are good signs he's sitting in (team) meetings and being amongst his teammates."

bornadog
24-05-2018, 06:22 PM
Some good signs at training today with Naughton running around, Picken and Clay doing some work

bornadog
28-05-2018, 06:10 PM
Naughton in the mix to return (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-05-28/naughton-in-the-mix-to-return)

The Western Bulldogs could welcome back first-year defender Aaron Naughton this weekend, while fellow backman Zaine Cordy faces a test to face the Demons on Saturday (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-05-28/match-info-dogs-v-demons).

Naughton rolled his ankle (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-05-14/naughton-to-miss-key-dogs-in-the-mix) during latter stages of the Dogs’ 14-point win over Brisbane in Round 8, but has been cleared to return to full training this week.

“Aaron has made a really good recovery following his ankle injury, medical services manger Chris Bell told westernbulldogs.com.au on Monday.

“He ticked off a really good footy session over the weekend and he's in line to return full training this week. If he ticks the boxes as we expect he return to playing this weekend.”

Fellow defender Zaine Cordy will be monitored throughout the week after he sat out the second half of Friday night’s loss to Collingwood.
“Zaine suffered some contact in the second quarter of the game on the weekend,” Bell said.

“He was ok initially but then developed some symptoms throughout that quarter.

“When we took him off the field and assessed him he did have signs of concussion so was removed from the game. We'll assess Zaine this week and then make a decision on his availability later in the week.”

In some good news, speedy defender Brad Lynch is set to return to football after injuring his hamstring in Round 2 of the VFL season.

Player
Injury
Duration

Zaine Cordy (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/zaine-cordy)
concussion
test

ankle
test

hamstring
test

ankle
2 weeks

knee
2 weeks

Tim English (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/timothy-english)
foot
3-5 weeks

knee
8-10 weeks

concussion
indefinite

knee
season

* Injury list updated on Monday 28 May, 2018

bornadog
29-05-2018, 10:04 PM
Bailey Dale out for a month to 6 weeks with a foot injury

Remi Moses
29-05-2018, 10:10 PM
I think Bailey’s been struggling for a while . Would have been close to a spell at Footscray anyway.
Wonder if he’s been struggling with this for a while

bornadog
30-05-2018, 10:51 AM
4-6 weeks

Western Bulldogs midfielder Bailey Dale is expected to miss at least the next month of football with a foot injury.

Dale developed some foot soreness in the days following the match against Collingwood last Friday night.

Scans have confirmed that Dale has developed some low grade stress in one of the bones in his foot.

He will be managed conservatively and will be expected to return to play in the next 4-6 weeks.

Twodogs
30-05-2018, 11:17 AM
4-6 weeks

I didn't like that bloody post.:)

I didn't like it at all.

BornInDroopSt'54
30-05-2018, 01:11 PM
I hope Brad Lynch's return marks a full on attempt at getting into the senior side.Brad, the bell tolls.

bornadog
30-05-2018, 01:25 PM
Hasn't been much said or asked about Clay.

Seemed to be flying early pre-season, assuming knee issues are self explanatory?

2 weeks away, so may be right after bye

Sedat
04-06-2018, 06:10 PM
Dickson has re-done his hammy and is out for 6 weeks.

When are we going to have a forensic review of our under-performing fitness & conditioning dept? Their performance has been unacceptable under any reasonable measurement.

bornadog
04-06-2018, 09:53 PM
INJURY LIST

Player
Injury
Duration

Zaine Cordy (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/zaine-cordy)
concussion
test

Aaron Naughton (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/aaron-naughton)
ankle
test

ankle
1 week

knee
2 weeks

Tim English (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/timothy-english)
foot
3-4 weeks

Bailey Dale (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/player-profile/bailey-dale)
foot
4-5 weeks

hamstring
6-7 weeks

knee
6-8 weeks

concussion
indefinite

knee
season

* Injury list updated on Monday 4 June, 2018

Eastdog
04-06-2018, 10:41 PM

When are we going to have a forensic review of our under-performing fitness & conditioning dept? Their performance has been unacceptable under any reasonable measurement.

Yeah I have had it with these injuries there needs to be a review into this as well.

The coaches and the conditioning are under the microscope at our club.

1eyedog
05-06-2018, 11:27 AM

I've said it a million times how do you mitigate impact injuries? You can't. What about soft tissues? We have one hammy on the list, a 30 something year old man who tries to run faster than his body is able. Adelaide had 9 a few weeks ago. I thought we managed Morris' and Adams injuries really well and got them back ahead of schedule. Likewise Macrae and Libba in 2016 and we seem for the most part to have sorted Wood's hammys as well. We've been super cautious on Picko and now Cordy. I realise injuries are frustrating but the repeated calls to get the pitchforks and firebrands out and march down to the medical HQ is becoming tiresome.

What are you unhappy about exactly?

bornadog
05-06-2018, 11:40 AM
I've said it a million times how do you mitigate impact injuries? You can't. What about soft tissues? We have one hammy on the list, a 30 something year old man who tries to run faster than his body is able. Adelaide had 9 a few weeks ago. I thought we managed Morris' and Adams injuries really well and got them back ahead of schedule. Likewise Macrae and Libba in 2016 and we seem for the most part to have sorted Wood's hammys as well. We've been super cautious on Picko and now Cordy. I realise injuries are frustrating but the repeated calls to get the pitchforks and firebrands out and march down to the medical HQ is becoming tiresome.

I am with you on this.

1eyedog, do you think limiting the interchange is now contributing to injuries. I don't have the stats on whether injuries have increased over the period interchange was reduced, but it just feels that way.

Sedat
05-06-2018, 12:36 PM

We've had a number of repeat soft tissue injuries in the past few years. We've also had repeat ACL's with players brought onto the field after re-tearing their ACL - reason enough for a review. For mine, we need to review the fitness and conditioning staff based on the magnitude of injuries we've had in recent years - if we just shrug our shoulders how would we know if there is or isn't a problem? If everything is hunky dory then all well and good, but the ultimate measure is player availability and we've been amongst the worst in the competition on that score for a number of years now.

It's worth a detailed review is all I'm saying. So is recruiting, list management, assistant coaching/footy dept, and especially media/communications. Hope they are all reviewed with a fine tooth comb in the off-season.

MrMahatma
05-06-2018, 01:02 PM
We've had a number of repeat soft tissue injuries in the past few years. We've also had repeat ACL's with players brought onto the field after re-tearing their ACL - reason enough for a review. For mine, we need to review the fitness and conditioning staff based on the magnitude of injuries we've had in recent years - if we just shrug our shoulders how would we know if there is or isn't a problem? If everything is hunky dory then all well and good, but the ultimate measure is player availability and we've been amongst the worst in the competition on that score for a number of years now.

It's worth a detailed review is all I'm saying. So is recruiting, list management, assistant coaching/footy dept, and especially media/communications. Hope they are all reviewed with a fine tooth comb in the off-season.

We should review it but it would appear more likely that we've had bad luck in a few instances rather than poor preparation.

Libba's ankle in 2016, Macrae's hammy in 2016... they came back fine. Wood's ankle. Ditto. Libba was obviously fully recovered from one knee, played a full 2 seasons, then did his other knee. That's bad luck.

Morris busted his knee this year. Broke his arm last year.

If you look over the list, we've had a shocking run with injuries, but they would appear to be out of our control.

Every aspect of the club should be reviewed regularly... but I don't see that the conditioning necessarily is a massive cause for concern... apart from us not running out games (which could be due to age profile of list, or due to poor conditioning).

1eyedog
05-06-2018, 01:21 PM
I am with you on this.

1eyedog, do you think limiting the interchange is now contributing to injuries. I don't have the stats on whether injuries have increased over the period interchange was reduced, but it just feels that way.

I don't have any idea BAD but the body is a machine and these guys are high stress. Any machine asked to work harder for longer is more likely to break down. If I had the time I would look at all club's injuries over the past 2-3 seasons and if ours deviates drastically from what is happening at other clubs we have problems. A cursory glance at the injury list for all clubs a few weeks ago shows that most clubs had long lists, with the exception of 2 or 3. We were very low for soft tissues at the time btw. I'm at a loss as to how to instruct a player to not get a knee, foot, ankle and these make up an overwhelming number of our injuries.

Either way I think the whole football club should be reviewed at year's end and everyone in every dept should be heavily scrutinized. This includes the players, coaches, medicos, PR team down to whoever writes the banner content but I don't understand why the medicos are constantly being hung out to dry. I'm far more concerned about what is happening in the coaches box at the moment and am getting the uneasy feeling of Bevo fiddling on the roof while Rome burns.

1eyedog
05-06-2018, 01:32 PM

Yes I get the angle Sedat you were posting in the injury list thread so focused on the medicos all good and I agree with the broad-scale review.

Bulldog4life
05-06-2018, 04:44 PM
We have got a unique partnership with Victoria University which lets us work with their sports science people. We couldn't be in better hands.

https://www.vu.edu.au/industry/our-partnerships/western-bulldogs-football-club

VU’s sports science researchers work side-by-side with the Bulldogs' coaching, medical and performance teams in a structured research program.

Collaborative research topics have included:

football performance
active living
community development
sport management.

Joint projects give our researchers the opportunity to work with an elite sports team and contribute to real-world advances in the sports industry. They also offer the Bulldogs access to sport science expertise to help them improve their on-field performance and to develop their skills and fitness in our world-class sports facilities.

GVGjr
05-06-2018, 11:14 PM
Hearing that Naughton may have done a quad.

Eastdog
05-06-2018, 11:15 PM

Here we go again :(

bornadog
05-06-2018, 11:25 PM

Are they training? I thought they had some time off during the bye?

Eastdog
05-06-2018, 11:27 PM

Yeah I believe Bevo said we have a bit of time off in the presser on Saturday.

GVGjr
05-06-2018, 11:38 PM

Training session tomorrow at 8.30am, then a lot of them are heading off for 3 or 4 days. I think they're back training on Monday

azabob
12-06-2018, 01:27 PM
Morris to have further surgery on his knee. Supposedly unrelated to the ACL.

Axe Man
12-06-2018, 01:31 PM
Morris to have further surgery on his knee. Supposedly unrelated to the ACL.

Minor surgery for Morris
(http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-06-12/minor-surgery-for-morris)
Western Bulldogs defender Dale Morris will have minor arthroscopic surgery today to repair some slight meniscus damage in his knee.

Morris has recovered from the partial ACL tear which saw him sidelined for the first 10 AFL games, before his return to the seniors in Round 11.

“Dale has been dealing with some soreness in his knee, which he has been managing for the last couple of weeks and is unrelated to the ACL injury,” said Bulldogs’ Medical Services Manager Chris Bell.

“We’re not expecting him to be unavailable for an extended period, but we won’t have an exact time frame for his recovery until after the surgery.”

Mantis
12-06-2018, 02:31 PM
We've made good use of the bye with the scheduling of this surgery! #amateurhour

bulldogtragic
12-06-2018, 02:53 PM
We've made good use of the bye with the scheduling of this surgery! #amateurhour

Makes one wonder how many in this area still have jobs. Waiting until 3 days before the next game.

I dare say this year might very well also be the end of Dale Morris.

G-Mo77
12-06-2018, 03:04 PM
Makes one wonder how many in this area still have jobs. Waiting until 3 days before the next game.

Yeah probably and one of the only guys left who busts their arse 100% of the time and the sole reason I went last game.

I did read there was soreness before the game against Melbourne so why not leave him out then? Play him, wait 10 days and then put him in for surgery. Sadly I'm not shocked. Disappointed? Yes. Shocked that it appears we cocked this up? No.

bornadog
12-06-2018, 03:12 PM

Yeah probably and one of the only guys left who busts their arse 100% of the time and the sole reason I went last game.

I did read there was soreness before the game against Melbourne so why not leave him out then? Play him, wait 10 days and then put him in for surgery. Sadly I'm not shocked. Disappointed? Yes. Shocked that it appears we cocked this up? No.

How do you know this is a cock up? He may have trained yesterday and found he had an issue.

Happy Days
12-06-2018, 03:20 PM
Stevo tweeting that another backman has gone in for scans. Stevo is also into click-baity style "first on Seven news" tweeting so I don't know who it is, but not good news; would have to figure it's someone in the 22.

G-Mo77
12-06-2018, 03:23 PM
How do you know this is a cock up? He may have trained yesterday and found he had an issue.

It was mentioned before the Melbourne game BAD. I'm pretty sure it was from Bevo in a press conference.

bulldogtragic
12-06-2018, 03:36 PM

I'm pretty sure Bevo said something a while back, don't quote me. Realistically he shouldn't have been playing with only limited VFL game time. Maybe the criticism of not playing Morris forced the MC into him being rushed back, or not. I would've prefered that we bring him back after the bye. In any event this is trivial if this is the last we've seen of him in the tricolours. He's spent a large chunk of two years playing horribly injured or not playing due to injury, so I just can't see how his warrior like body can continue on.

GVGjr
12-06-2018, 07:41 PM
Stevo tweeting that another backman has gone in for scans. Stevo is also into click-baity style "first on Seven news" tweeting so I don't know who it is, but not good news; would have to figure it's someone in the 22.

I think there is a chance it's Naughton and a quad

Remi Moses
12-06-2018, 10:00 PM
Might be a farewell game for the great man at seasons end
Soft tissue injuries do my head in

bornadog
12-06-2018, 11:30 PM
I think there is a chance it's Naughton and a quad

Suckling in for scans but hopes he will be ok for Thursday - Stevo says must be doubtful

ledge
13-06-2018, 10:53 AM
Might be a farewell game for the great man at seasons end
Soft tissue injuries do my head in

Do knee injuries fall into the soft tissue category ?
I would say most likely his knees are now worn out from the rigours of Football,not many make it to his age without something being worn out.
It comes pretty quick eg Johnson and West . You can be injury free most of your career until a part of your body can't do it anymore.

bornadog
13-06-2018, 12:57 PM
Player
Injury
Estimated Return

Kieran Collins
Ankle
Test

Zaine Cordy
Concussion
Test

Bailey Dale
Foot
3-4 weeks

Tory Dickson
Hamstring
4-5 weeks

Tim English
Foot
2-3 weeks

Tom Liberatore
Knee
Season

Jack Redpath
Knee
5-6 weeks

Clay Smith
Knee
1 week

Aaron Naughton
Ankle
Test

Dale Morris
Knee
Indefinite

Liam Picken
Concussion
Indefinite

Updated: Tuesday, June 12

LostDoggy
13-06-2018, 01:07 PM
Good to see Collins and Smith so close. Hopefully they can get a few games in through the back end of the year as they both have a bit to prove.

ledge
13-06-2018, 04:25 PM
Bevo said he will give Naughton another week off in his presser.
Cordy will play though.

ledge
13-06-2018, 04:26 PM
Also mentioned Dale Morris 3 weeks away

bulldogtragic
14-06-2018, 09:49 PM
Another right hammy for Wood. Another hammy injury for Macrae too.

Another two soft tissue injuries for the playing group.

Another area to not investigate to stop these things at the club. Everything's fine.

bornadog
15-06-2018, 12:34 AM
Injuries- tonight

Wood - hamstring, out for a long time
Macrae - hamstring - minor tweak at this stage - hoping a short time if at all.
Webb - broken thumb, 2-3 weeks
Boyd - compound dislocation of the finger, ?
Bontempelli - Hyper extension knee, should be ok

bornadog
15-06-2018, 12:02 PM
GRANT PROVIDES MEGA BULLDOGS INJURY UPDATE (https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/06/15/grant-provides-mega-bulldogs-injury-update/)

Western Bulldogs football director Chris Grant has provided an update on the slew of injuries the club suffered in the loss to Port Adelaide last night.

Skipper Easton Wood and star Jackson Macrae suffered hamstring injuries, Tom Boyd and Lukas Webb both sustained finger ailments, and Marcus Bontempelli limped off in the second half, but did return later in the affair.

“Easton, as you would have seen, it’s a fairly significant hamstring injury,” Grant told SEN Mornings.

“We’re just not sure how serious that is at the moment until he has some scans tomorrow. He is going to miss a number of weeks for sure.

“He did have a really significant tendon injury last year on the other side, so we are crossing our fingers it’s not up in the tendon.

“Jackson Macrae also had his hamstring issue. It’s not major at all, it’s very very minor, but we just couldn’t take the risk with him.

“He was saying at half time he certainly had some awareness there, we kind of called it grade one. How much time he misses is still to be determined, but it certainly won’t be the length of Easton.

“With Jackson, we shouldn’t see him miss too much, if anything at all, that’s very minor. Hamstrings, if anything’s detected there on the MRI, it will be at least a couple of weeks.

“We had a couple other boys who hurt some fingers in Tom Boyd and Lukas Webb. Both will require some surgery.

“With Tom Boyd, it’s a compound dislocation of his finger. It’s really just to get in there and clean it up and just make sure that everything is ok. We don’t anticipate that will be too much time missed at all, if anything.

“Lukas has got a fracture to his thumb and it’s going to require some surgery. We think Lukas will miss at least a few weeks of footy.

“We luckily got the rub of the green, fortunately, with Marcus Bontempelli when he hurt his knee. He has come through that really well.”

He Also mentioned Mclean's shoulder is sore, but didn't say he would be out.

Eastdog
15-06-2018, 12:26 PM
Here we go again

The bulldog tragician
15-06-2018, 01:44 PM
A compound dislocation of the finger for Tom Boyd ... that would be excruciatingly painful. God our injury run has been horrific.

Ozza
15-06-2018, 03:38 PM
A compound dislocation of the finger for Tom Boyd ... that would be excruciatingly painful. God our injury run has been horrific.

The way he ran from the ground and with blood streaming from it - I thought he had split the webbing.
Compound dislocation, pretty unpleasant I'd imagine. I've dislocated fingers before, and that was uncomfortable enough - but a compound dislocation - a bit of extra spice!

Axe Man
15-06-2018, 04:21 PM
The way he ran from the ground and with blood streaming from it - I thought he had split the webbing.
Compound dislocation, pretty unpleasant I'd imagine. I've dislocated fingers before, and that was uncomfortable enough - but a compound dislocation - a bit of extra spice!

I thought the same. I once dislocated a finger and split the webbing in one so I assumed that must have been what Boyd did. Fortunately my bones remained under my skin.

AndrewP6
16-06-2018, 06:24 PM
Might be easier to rename the thread "Non injured Bulldogs"

bornadog
16-06-2018, 06:24 PM
Wood out for year

Macrae - out for at least 3 weeks

Webb out a month

Bonti sore, but ok

Mclean - Test on sore shoulder

Western Bulldogs captain Easton Wood is expected to miss the next two to three months of football with a hamstring injury.
Wood came from the field in the second quarter of the Bulldogs’ match against Port Adelaide on Thursday night, with scans confirming a high-grade injury.

At this stage, the Club will manage Wood’s hamstring injury conservatively and will reassess his condition in the coming weeks, but expect that he will be sidelined for the next 10-12 weeks.

Scans have revealed a low-grade hamstring strain for midfielder Jack Macrae, who is set to miss the next 3-4 weeks.
Lukas Webb is also expected to miss next 3-4 weeks after he underwent surgery to repair a fractured thumb.
The news is better for Tom Boyd, who had successful surgery on a dislocated finger and is considered a chance to be available for next week’s game against North Melbourne.

Midfielder Marcus Bontempelli has been cleared of serious structural damage after hyperextending his knee against the Power, but will also be tested later this week before a decision is made on his availability.

And Toby McLean (shoulder) will also need to get through this week’s training sessions to be considered for the clash against the Kangaroos on Saturday

The bulldog tragician
16-06-2018, 07:15 PM
Wood out for year

Macrae - out for at least 3 weeks

Webb out a month

Bonti sore, but ok

Mclean - Test on sore shoulder

Western Bulldogs captain Easton Wood is expected to miss the next two to three months of football with a hamstring injury.
Wood came from the field in the second quarter of the Bulldogs’ match against Port Adelaide on Thursday night, with scans confirming a high-grade injury.

At this stage, the Club will manage Wood’s hamstring injury conservatively and will reassess his condition in the coming weeks, but expect that he will be sidelined for the next 10-12 weeks.

Scans have revealed a low-grade hamstring strain for midfielder Jack Macrae, who is set to miss the next 3-4 weeks.
Lukas Webb is also expected to miss next 3-4 weeks after he underwent surgery to repair a fractured thumb.
The news is better for Tom Boyd, who had successful surgery on a dislocated finger and is considered a chance to be available for next week’s game against North Melbourne.

Midfielder Marcus Bontempelli has been cleared of serious structural damage after hyperextending his knee against the Power, but will also be tested later this week before a decision is made on his availability.

And Toby McLean (shoulder) will also need to get through this week’s training sessions to be considered for the clash against the Kangaroos on Saturday

It’s absolute carnage. Devastating. Maybe we should just forfeit :mad:

I guess we will get a good look at fringe players.

bornadog
16-06-2018, 08:12 PM

We need others to step up

Eastdog
16-06-2018, 08:21 PM

Yeah just terrible the injuries. While it is a factor in why we are struggling it is the experienced players in our side that are struggling right now. Our younger players a huge positive this year on the field. Off field we are doing good but need to get back up on field again.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
17-06-2018, 02:49 PM
Carnage is the word