PDA

View Full Version : Bankers And Anchors - Round 3, 2018 vs Essendon

Eastdog
16-03-2018, 03:16 PM
This is the round 3, 2018 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against Essendon is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

GVGjr
08-04-2018, 06:18 PM
Bump

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-04-2018, 08:11 PM
Bankers

1. Effort & Desire. Epitomised in specific instances by Dahlhaus, Macrae, Honeychurch, Cordy but all put their shoulders to the wheel today.
2. Williams has had two ordinary games and he must've been under pressure. But he was almost flawless today. Courage, poise in defense and composure and execution with ball.
3. I wanted to give votes to everyone today, because they all contributed something. So given I can't I'll call out the efforts of those who didn't feature in my votes but did things that showed their teammates they were in it for the fight. Cordy back to being nasty and effective. Bont for his class when it counted. Honeychurch for the body on the line display. Naughton for the dummy of the century. Dickson for the chase down. Mclean for his all day dash and Wood for going back and doing what he does best.
Anchors
1. Goalkicking...as always
2. Umps.. missed Jakes throw, incorrect disposal take your pick and the htb call on Macrae.
3. JJ's brainfart in forgetting to bounce the ball.

westbulldog
08-04-2018, 08:35 PM
Bankers
Jack Macrae is the most underrated player in the comp. and may well be the most consistent.
English with an extra 5-10kg will be a very formidable ruckman.
Gowers adds some grunt to the forward line and is worth persisting with.

Anchors
goalkicking , 14-20
those who doubted Williams
Redpath and Dickson, are there to hit the scoreboard and didn't.

Go_Dogs
08-04-2018, 08:43 PM
3. Macrae - star
2. Hunter - back to his accumulating best, like a few would benefit from some goal kicking practice
1. Dahl - that was a typical Dahl game, not always pretty, but always making the opposition players earn the ball and feel the heat when he's around the contest

3. The missed high tackle on Jacko
2. Letting them back in - we got lucky Daniher tried a stupid handball (great we were awake, prevented it and capitalised) - was interesting to see the players organisation of themselves, we readily threw 3 spare bodies behind the ball at the centre bounce and had a few extra runners come from behind the ball off the square, so banker that we realised and organised.
1. Me for my lack of confidence pre-game.

lemmon
08-04-2018, 09:05 PM
Bankers:
-That run and tackle from Dickson - that alone was worth his spot in the side. Really lifted us heading into a delicate period.

-Richards is a beauty, I have a new favourite. Easy to love his pace and polish but he is ferocious at the contest and makes his tackles stick. Calling it early, our best first year half back since Ryan Griffen.

-Saw a lot of heart from English. Played a heap of minutes and really goes at the ball in the air. I reckon he'll kick his fair share of goals when they start sticking.

Anchors-
-Bont in the ruck, it coincided with them getting a run on around the footy. I'd like another big to come in.

-Kicking for goal gave them a sniff all day.

-I gave us no chance pre-game. So myself

bornadog
08-04-2018, 09:22 PM
Bankers

1. Bevo outcoached an overrated coach

2. Tim English, what an effort to virtually ruck all day in his 6th game

3. Bont's role today to produce 3.3.

Anchors

1. All the knockers of Bevo and the MC

2. Umpiring - very frustrating

Can't think of anything else.

Eastdog
08-04-2018, 10:40 PM
Bankers:

1.) Our overall team effort back which was great.

2.) Bailey Dale's goal - got out of my seat for that one - great goal.

3.) Lachie Hunter through the middle gave us a lot of drive.

Honourable mention: Tim English excellent today for a player with only a little experience. Will be a good player in the future along with Naughton hopefully.

1.) Our inaccuracy in front of Goal

2.) Some of the umpiring

3.) JJ's mistake

SonofScray
09-04-2018, 08:40 AM
BANKERS

1 Dickson tackle on the wing.
2 Richards' spoil, chase and tackle in the pocket
3 Jong 's marks late inside 50

ANCHORS
1 Goal kicking.
2 Fatigue
3 Goddard. Ha ha, what an imbecile. The embodiment of incompetence.

Mofra
09-04-2018, 11:45 AM
Bankers

1. English will be the best ruck in the competition or very close to it. Outstanding for a 206cm kid in his 6th game.

2. Ed Richards might already be our best ball user. Is going to be a beauty.

3. Honeychurch. Yes he has limitations but the effort to shut out Merrett then to cop big hits and keep going, showed a lot of ticker. The sort of ticker that holds up in finals.

Anchors:

1. Never, ever, ever turn your back on play when you're within 50m of the ball. Bailey Dale is to blame for JJ's travelling free kick as JJ was looking to release but Dale wouldn't turn around. Jong did it too on the HF line. One of the basics of football that should pop up in the review.

2. Jong's decision making and footskills have gone backwards. I love his desire and athleticism but we will be a better side when someone takes his spot.

3. Redpath generally played well but on a few occasions I thought he led too early which meant he was too shallow an option for the ball carrier, including one comical contest where he ran under it and jumped in vain only to turn around and watch Hurley take an easy uncontested mark.
A bit more gametime in the seniors with the Bont and they'll separate much better and work much better together as forwards.

Ghost Dog
09-04-2018, 12:09 PM
Bankers
1. Tory Dickson's raging buzzcut. Essendon, you didn't get him in the 2011 draft and you're still paying for it. Good mongrel Dicko. That 6 seconds of play typifies what I call Bulldog.
2. Honeychurch's Bjorg flowing locks. Hard game, well played.
3. Bont's short back and sides. Understated, not many touches but all class. Adds the polish we need.

Anchors
1. JJ's curly misadventures in defence. It's not rugby mate.
2. Should have beaten them by more. Percentage is part of the game.
3. Essendon fans. Don't eat your own.