PDA

View Full Version : AFL Round 3, 2018 Discussion

Eastdog
16-03-2018, 03:45 PM
ROUND 3, 2018

Friday April 6

Carlton v Collingwood, MCG (7.50pm)

Saturday April 7

Port Adelaide v Brisbane Lions, Adelaide Oval (1.45pm)

Melbourne v North Melbourne, MCG (2.10pm)

Gold Coast Suns v Fremantle, Perth Stadium (4.35pm)

Sydney Swans v GWS Giants, SCG (7.25pm)

St Kilda v Adelaide, Etihad Stadium (7.25pm)

Sunday April 8

Richmond v Hawthorn, MCG (1.10pm)

Western Bulldogs v Essendon, Etihad Stadium (3.20pm)

West Coast Eagles v Geelong, Perth Stadium (4.40pm)

Go_Dogs
07-04-2018, 08:44 AM
bump.

Collingwood are decent now?

Twodogs
07-04-2018, 08:52 AM
bump.

Collingwood are decent now?

And Buckley is planning for his his long service leave with confidence.

Mofra
07-04-2018, 09:14 AM
Good. More chance he gets a contract extension and Collingwood stay crap

Rocket Science
07-04-2018, 04:21 PM
I wish we went forward a bit like Brisbane go forward.

A thing I just said.

Happy Days
07-04-2018, 04:22 PM
The Lions entering the forward 50 today with a level of conscientiousness that we could only dream of - constantly looking for targets and thinking their way through every kick.

Happy Days
07-04-2018, 04:22 PM
I wish we went forward a bit like Brisbane go forward.

A thing I just said.

Something something great minds

Rocket Science
07-04-2018, 04:44 PM
The Lions entering the forward 50 today with a level of conscientiousness that we could only dream of - constantly looking for targets and thinking their way through every kick.

Bingo bingo bingo.

Like us, their attack isn't built around an obvious stud target, they're an ad-hoc mix of (mostly) mid-sized triers and talent but they adjust their entries accordingly to advantage their mates in the arc rather than their opponents.

And if their opponents end up with it they don't let them waltz out unhurried.

Doesn't hurt to have a bloke like Charlie Cameron burning up the turf either but it's nothing Dahlhaus couldn't do, save for kicking straight.

boydogs
07-04-2018, 10:45 PM
If we and Richmond win tomorrow, we're one game off 2nd :)

Sedat
07-04-2018, 11:38 PM
Huge response from St Kilda after their coach put the heat on them :rolleyes:

There's a team going absolutely nowhere.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-04-2018, 11:51 PM

If our fortunes continue down the path of Rounds 1 & 2 .. I could see the Saints making a massive play for Bevo to take the helm

Twodogs
08-04-2018, 12:02 AM
I went to see a show at the comedy festival this evening and I asked a Melbourne if they win andhe sais they did. We got to chatting and I asked him how Melbourne would go. He said "Well we will definitely make the eight". I asked Him what was different this to last year. He said the way they beat North today.

Rocket Science
08-04-2018, 12:35 AM

They definitely deserve another crack at Good Friday.

Sedat
08-04-2018, 12:44 AM
They definitely deserve another crack at Good Friday.
19k tonight. Sleeping giant :rolleyes:

Greystache
08-04-2018, 10:40 AM

McCartin doesn't look much chance to make it, but credit to St Kilda for playing him whenever he's fit and giving the best chance at scrounging out a career. We'd have him playing out of position in the VFL and moaning he's not showing enough for selection.

Ozza
08-04-2018, 11:22 AM

I don’t think they have any socks to pull up right now. Real transitional phase for them but I’m a little more optimistic about their future. Bottom out completely this year - go into a strong draft with great picks, huge salary cap room to get a star in from another club, had 2 top-10 picks last year, brand new facilities.

Going terribly this year could be a good thing for them!

Remi Moses
08-04-2018, 03:19 PM
I don’t think they have any socks to pull up right now. Real transitional phase for them but I’m a little more optimistic about their future. Bottom out completely this year - go into a strong draft with great picks, huge salary cap room to get a star in from another club, had 2 top-10 picks last year, brand new facilities.

Going terribly this year could be a good thing for them!
You could say the same for us , but we have a flag to show . An example is Norf , even though they have a “war chest” doesn’t mean players want to come .They’re very bland and paying a price for not bottoming out for longer a few years ago

bornadog
08-04-2018, 09:33 PM
Good to see Geelong go down today

Sedat
08-04-2018, 09:37 PM
Ping goes Ablett's hammy - massive surprise for a 34yo gut running mid.

Flamethrower
08-04-2018, 10:42 PM
The mighty Cats, with the best midfield ever assembled with Danger, Ablett and Duckin' Joel are a Max Gawn miss kick from being owen 3.

Dry Rot
09-04-2018, 01:19 AM
Was at the SCG on Sat night.

Hate to say it but gee the Giants have some good players. Davis did a wonderful on Buddy till almost the end, (and I feel dirty) Cameron is special.

Need to stop Heeney this week, one of the Swans best.

Twodogs
09-04-2018, 02:29 AM
Was at the SCG on Sat night.

Hate to say it but gee the Giants have some good players. Davis did a wonderful on Buddy till almost the end, (and I feel dirty) Cameron is special.

Need to stop Heeney this week, one of the Swans best.

Send Cameron to us for a year. If he is still any good after playing with us for a year then he's special.

Ghost Dog
11-04-2018, 03:54 AM
Ping goes Ablett's hammy - massive surprise for a 34yo gut running mid.

They didn't play that well. 6 day break, traveling.

Bulldog Joe
11-04-2018, 08:37 AM
They didn't play that well. 6 day break, traveling.

Some chance that an under the pump Saints might stretch the Cats this week, even at their little boutique advantaged oval.

Cats off a Perth trip that gives them the equivalence of 2 6 day breaks.

Webby
11-04-2018, 10:02 AM
Some chance that an under the pump Saints might stretch the Cats this week, even at their little boutique advantaged oval.

Cats off a Perth trip that gives them the equivalence of 2 6 day breaks.

The umpire will find a way at Kardinia Park.... Particularly re Selwood.. I’m still getting over Bob’s holding the ball vs Hawkins last year. That killed us off when we were really challenging.

Bulldog Joe
11-04-2018, 12:26 PM
The umpire will find a way at Kardinia Park.... Particularly re Selwood.. I’m still getting over Bob’s holding the ball vs Hawkins last year. That killed us off when we were really challenging.

I remember the high tackle called against Cloke on Selwood when he had run him down cold. Trav rightly told the umpire it was bull***t and copped a 50 and a goal to Selwood, when it should have been pumped into our 50.

Twodogs
11-04-2018, 12:43 PM
I remember the high tackle called against Cloke on Selwood when he had run him down cold. Trav rightly told the umpire it was bull***t and copped a 50 and a goal to Selwood, when it should have been pumped into our 50.

Selwood is such a favourite. He must go around to umpires houses washing their cars and mowing their lawns when he isn't playing footy.

But on a night of atrocious umpiring that call really stood out. The umpire stood watching Cloke with the whistle in his mouth just waiting for an excuse to pay a free against him. When Cloke didn't give him one he went ahead and payed the free kick anyway.