PDA

View Full Version : Bulldog fight needs to be back next Sunday

Eastdog
25-03-2018, 10:43 PM
What a dissapointing day it was. Our lack of fight in the game was awful and so many players not putting in and applying that pressure which we did for like 5-10 minutes.

Need a complete 180 in our performance next week if we are going to beat the Eagles back home. Need a strong start and that manic pressure needs to return. It will be for most woofers the first game of attendance for the season so they better put in.

westbulldog
25-03-2018, 11:24 PM
The Eagles played well today, big test for us next week.

merantau
26-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Bring our best and we can beat any side even more so at home. I am confident of a big turn around It's certainly called for.

Funke disco
26-03-2018, 11:18 AM
I wish I shared your optimism merantau! I too want us to recoup and come out fighting but there was something striking in the manner of the defeat yesterday. I have never seen a team so lacking in intent and fight under bevo. Without being inside the inner sanctum its hard to say what kind of impact losing the experience in games and age we had has had on the group. We are a young team and i'm curious to know the where our list stood in terms of age and games played compared to the resdt of the comp over the weekend.

Mantis
26-03-2018, 11:23 AM
I wish I shared your optimism merantau! I too want us to recoup and come out fighting but there was something striking in the manner of the defeat yesterday. I have never seen a team so lacking in intent and fight under bevo. Without being inside the inner sanctum its hard to say what kind of impact losing the experience in games and age we had has had on the group. We are a young team and i'm curious to know the where our list stood in terms of age and games played compared to the resdt of the comp over the weekend.

We were the youngest & most inexperienced.

Ghost Dog
26-03-2018, 01:56 PM
Bring our best and we can beat any side even more so at home. I am confident of a big turn around It's certainly called for.

Which is why I'm a bit puzzled why we are not playing our best side.

Eastdog
26-03-2018, 01:56 PM

Was always going to be tough yesterday away from home against a possible premiership favourite but I don't think we expected to lose the way we did.

WBFC4FFC
26-03-2018, 05:17 PM
What a dissapointing day it was. Our lack of fight in the game was awful and so many players not putting in and applying that pressure which we did for like 5-10 minutes.

Need a complete 360 in our performance next week if we are going to beat the Eagles back home. Need a strong start and that manic pressure needs to return. It will be for most woofers the first game of attendance for the season so they better put in.

Turning it around 180-degree's is more optimal. A 360 means we end-up where we are at present!

That is all we want - Intensity! Fans demand that and I thought this was a non-negotiable in Bevo's team!

Eastdog
26-03-2018, 05:20 PM
Turning it around 180-degree's is more optimal. A 360 means we end-up where we are at present!

That is all we want - Intensity! Fans demand that and I thought this was a non-negotiable in Bevo's team!

Quite right WBFC4FFC I'll change it to 180 in my opening post.

Eastdog
26-03-2018, 05:21 PM
The Eagles played well today, big test for us next week.

Yes agree they did alright. We need to be focused and ready right from the start.

bornadog
26-03-2018, 05:25 PM
Which is why I'm a bit puzzled why we are not playing our best side.

Because they weren't available/ready

WBFC4FFC
26-03-2018, 06:51 PM
Quite right WBFC4FFC I'll change it to 180 in my opening post.

Jason Kidd famously said he was going to turn the Mavs 360-degrees when drafted in the 90's in the NBA! (Unfortunately he did when he was traded for his bad influence in the locker-room at the time)!

Nuggety Back Pocket
28-03-2018, 09:05 PM
We appear to lack on field leadership with the grit and determination of Morris Murphy MBoyd Picken and Liberatore. The illness of Tom Boyd and injury to Adams also hasn't helped. WCE will be a good test to see where we are really at. Daniel Wallis and Jong have the right attitude and character to provide the hard edge that was lacking against GWS.

Rocket Science
29-03-2018, 12:15 PM
"Sunday
Western Bulldogs vs West Coast (ES) 3:20 PM AEST

It would be hard for the Doggies to recreate their performance in Round One, where they looked like a group of people being forced to do something against their will."

Titus O'Reilly, sage as usual.

Ghost Dog
29-03-2018, 12:54 PM
The fight will be back and we are going all the way this year again. All....the....way. If you can do 2016 you can do anything boys!

Eastdog
02-04-2018, 09:09 PM
Let's just play some man on man footy. The question is can we maintain it for the whole game.

azabob
02-04-2018, 09:19 PM
DéjÃ* vu hey Eastie?

Ozza
02-04-2018, 10:24 PM
Let's just play some man on man footy. The question is can we maintain it for the whole game.

Man on man footy is what we did for most of 2014.

A harder, contested brand of footy - certainly. But moving away from the assertive team defence which helped generate our attack - is one of the elements we need to recapture.

anfo27
02-04-2018, 11:34 PM

We were the youngest & most inexperience of the finals teams in 2016 by a fair margin. As they say 'its not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog'. Unfortunately there is no fight in these dogs!

jeemak
02-04-2018, 11:49 PM
We were the youngest & most inexperience of the finals teams in 2016 by a fair margin. As they say 'its not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog'. Unfortunately there is no fight in these dogs!

We were probably the youngest side in the competition this week. When you go from inexperienced GF winners to that it's a pretty quick drop.

bornadog
02-04-2018, 11:55 PM
We were probably the youngest side in the competition this week. When you go from inexperienced GF winners to that it's a pretty quick drop.

4 players with less than 10 games between them, 10 players with less than 30 games - we haven't been that young for a very long time

MrMahatma
03-04-2018, 08:48 AM
4 players with less than 10 games between them, 10 players with less than 30 games - we haven't been that young for a very long time

And we haven't been this bad for a very long time.

anfo27
03-04-2018, 12:42 PM

I know we're young & i'm not expecting us to be world beaters. What i do expect is for every player to walk off knowing they gave everything for the jumper. ATM i see maybe 3 players who can do that & most of us can see who the players are who are busting a nut.

Eastdog
06-04-2018, 01:46 PM
I know we're young & i'm not expecting us to be world beaters. What i do expect is for every player to walk off knowing they gave everything for the jumper. ATM i see maybe 3 players who can do that & most of us can see who the players are who are busting a nut.

Yes that is very important. They haven't been playing for the jumper for the last 2 weeks. I'm hoping again now Sunday we can finally play for the jumper also in a local derby.

azabob
06-04-2018, 02:12 PM
Gee this thread keeps on keepin on

craigsahibee
06-04-2018, 02:19 PM

"Bump"

bornadog
06-04-2018, 02:38 PM

Its ok, next week we play on Saturday

bulldogsthru&thru
07-04-2018, 07:43 PM
I know it’s the VFL but today we gave up 33 scoring shots today. That’s on the back of 31 and 33 shots in the AFL. What is going on with our defence???

SonofScray
07-04-2018, 07:58 PM
One of my best mates died today. He was a staunch Bulldog fan, we'd been going to the footy together since 2004 when we crossed paths playing/coaching footy at North Old Boys. He was carving out a good career in media/social media management and doing work for the Club around Ballarat etc. We sat through many dire years and got to see a flag wag in reward. Sunday will be a hard day at the footy for me personally, I am hoping for a win to ignite the passions and ease the sick feeling I have in my stomach.

Essendon can get stuffed. Cheating bastards.

Eastdog
07-04-2018, 08:02 PM
I'm sorry to hear that SonofScray.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-04-2018, 08:14 PM
My condolences Sonofscray. I hope the Dogs can put in a performance tomorrow that will sit well alongside the football memories you and your friend shared together.

Twodogs
07-04-2018, 08:31 PM
One of my best mates died today. He was a staunch Bulldog fan, we'd been going to the footy together since 2004 when we crossed paths playing/coaching footy at North Old Boys. He was carving out a good career in media/social media management and doing work for the Club around Ballarat etc. We sat through many dire years and got to see a flag wag in reward. Sunday will be a hard day at the footy for me personally, I am hoping for a win to ignite the passions and ease the sick feeling I have in my stomach.

Essendon can get stuffed. Cheating bastards.

Carn a *!*!*!*!ing Scray mate. I'm sorry.