PDA

View Full Version : Communications Improvement

Eastdog
28-03-2018, 11:30 AM
What would we like to see the club do in this area which has certainly been a significant issue for us in recent times.

Discuss.

Ghost Dog
28-03-2018, 12:37 PM
Bevo needs to pick his words a bit more carefully...ouch:D
On Liam Picken's return; "we’re really hitting it head on in looking after his well-being and we’ll be really well advised."
Rather unfortunate metaphor I would have thought Bevo...

Twodogs
28-03-2018, 01:23 PM
Bevo needs to pick his words a bit more carefully...ouch:D
On Liam Picken's return; "we’re really hitting it head on in looking after his well-being and we’ll be really well advised."
Rather unfortunate metaphor I would have thought Bevo...

Hahaha. I didn't notice that.

Rocket Science
28-03-2018, 01:31 PM
This seemed to be something we were fairly good at not so long ago ... which coincided with being everyone's darlings and a plucky, entertaining team on the rise.

I wonder if there's much in that.

Greystache
28-03-2018, 02:07 PM
This seemed to be something we were fairly good at not so long ago ... which coincided with being everyone's darlings and a plucky, entertaining team on the rise.

I wonder if there's much in that.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. The Cordy/Boyd incident in 2016 showed how keen the media is to always sell the Dogs in turmoil angle. The cluster *!*!*!*! that was our response did in fairness pour petrol on the blaze.

MrMahatma
28-03-2018, 08:34 PM
My guess is that Peter Gordon is heavily involved in the comms strategy (or reactions to individual events) and being a lawyer, he's more inclined to argue the point than take a strategic PR/comms approach to how we engage the media and fans.

Total guess... but that's what it feels like to me. All the best intentions but not the right skill set.

bulldogtragic
28-03-2018, 09:05 PM
I heard 'the Bulldogs are my second team' for the first time in 2 years...

It sucked.

MrMahatma
28-03-2018, 10:26 PM
Well... I guess they're doing something about it.

https://www.seek.com.au/job/35832147

bornadog
29-03-2018, 12:04 AM
Well... I guess they're doing something about it.

https://www.seek.com.au/job/35832147

Nice pick up.

Ghost Dog
29-03-2018, 02:35 AM
"To submit your application for what is rare & exciting role in the sports & entertainment landscape,"

Sweet Jesus, who wrote this? When someone with grammar as bad as mine notices stuff like that you know you need a new communications manager.