PDA

View Full Version : Three things I've learned-round two v West Coast

Twodogs
29-03-2018, 11:03 PM
Gosh! It's round two already, isn't the season flying?

Tell us three things you learned today against the Weagles.

GVGjr
01-04-2018, 05:42 PM
Bump

Twodogs
01-04-2018, 06:42 PM
Three things I already knew but could do with repeating to to get it clear in my own mind.

1. It doesn't matter how many other advantages a footballer has if he can't kick then it's embarrassing that we refer to him as a professional footballer and he is a liability out on the ground.
2. Our goal kicking is in crisis. It has to be stripped back to the basics and the players taught proper techniques. The way we are going is untenable. Our list needs remedial help with its disposal by foot.
3. We've gone from a team that made the coach look like a genius to a team full of coach killers inside 25 games. How did that happen?

bulldogtragic
01-04-2018, 07:05 PM
1. If this is the trend of the year, we’ll get a top 5 pick, West as another first rounder as a FS and maybe Buku too. But it won’t help if their skills are poor and/or don’t play them.
2. I learned my hope for the year can be eradicated in 8 days.
3. The MC need a rocket.

bornadog
01-04-2018, 07:15 PM
1. You can blame the coaches all you want but turnovers by AFL footballers is a disgrace

2. Jong and Webb will not make it

3. Richards, Naughton and English look like footballers but theyare a few years off

hujsh
01-04-2018, 07:20 PM
I learned that the wooden spoon will be a concern. Please don't let us win a wooden spoon.

bulldogsthru&thru
01-04-2018, 07:22 PM
I learned that the wooden spoon will be a concern. Please don't let us win a wooden spoon.

Bright side is this years draft is supposedly a super draft. Any way we can get first round compo in free agency?

westdog54
01-04-2018, 07:29 PM
Disclaimer: I've only watched the third quarter from the waiting area at RCH. Having said that:

1. English has got something. He should play every game he's fit to play this year.
2. Our match committee are in denial when it comes to goal kicking.
3. The few great pieces of play we strung together made the more insipid ones much more frustrating to watch.

Bonus one that I already knew: The umpires that do the score reviews still don't know the *!*!*!*!ing rules.

GVGjr
01-04-2018, 07:34 PM
Westdog, thanks for the post. I hope things are going well for you at the RCH

westdog54
01-04-2018, 07:38 PM
Westdog, thanks for the post. I hope things are going well for you at the RCH

Sounds worse than it is.

She had a fall at school midweek and had a bad cut.

The cut us now infected plus she had a reaction to the adhesive on a dressing that was put on it. Poor kid can't take a trick.

Remi Moses
01-04-2018, 07:40 PM
Best of luck west dog

1. Execution is just embarrassing at this level
2. Effort , tackling and intensity . Non existent
3. Stop being clever by half and pick our best side . Enough
4. Sorry I’m adding a fourth , FFS if there is some off field issues please sort it out !

Doc26
01-04-2018, 08:05 PM
1. Removing over 1000+ games of experience and leadership from the retirements of MBoyd and Bob and long term injuries to Picko and Moz is proving too big a bridge to cover our glaring deficiencies.
2. No turnover of coaches and no injection of new coaching talent into the Club guarantees the same output.
3. Our new banner writers for 2018 have the same form line as our men’s team.

ratsmac
01-04-2018, 08:05 PM
1. Beveridge/MC have lost their minds. Gowers is a real trier but to be selected before Wallis, Dickson, Schache or Boyd is very questionable. (Not blaming him for today's result). Too many kids are picked ahead of more senior better equipped players.
2. Right now we are the worst team in the league....easily.
3. Our issues run deep, real deep.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
01-04-2018, 08:20 PM
1. Our list is in poor shape. We just seem to have a penchant for bringing in guys who have below AFL attributes in some key skills, especially kicking.
2. We've bemoaned it for years, yet nothing seems to change. We move the ball horrifically into our forward 50.
3. I was really looking forward to the season....now i can't wait for Rnd 22 to be done.

Twodogs
01-04-2018, 08:53 PM
Sounds worse than it is.

She had a fall at school midweek and had a bad cut.

The cut us now infected plus she had a reaction to the adhesive on a dressing that was put on it. Poor kid can't take a trick.

Jeyzus! An infection isn't good for a little one(then again I've had one for 18 months that I just can't shake). I hope mum and dad are OK too.

westbulldog
01-04-2018, 10:06 PM
1. Richards, English and Naughton will become good players.
2. If Gowers had kicked 4.1 instead of 1.3 and 1 oob people here would be lauding him.
3. Time to play English in tandem with Boyd.

lemmon
01-04-2018, 10:18 PM
1. I thought we were a good side playing poorly. We're not. We're a bottom 4 side.

2. If you play no forward line, you can't expect to kick goals. 3 from Macrae and 2 from Hunter as full time mids is a good return.

3. Cordy and Naughton need to learn their limitations by foot - Cordy in particular. For some reason Zaine takes the risky option and turns it over more often than not. It kills us off half back.

Greystache
01-04-2018, 10:34 PM
1. Our back line is hopelessly disorganized. Our forward line is dysfunctional. Our goal kicking is the worst in the history of the sport. And our midfield doesn't win contested possessions and doesn't apply defensive pressure. It's hard to find anyone at the club that's doing a good job at the moment, either on or off the field.

2. This is Rohde era stuff. There has to be some higher strategy as to why we've done this to ourselves, but it doesn't seem like there is.

3. He seems to avoid criticism but Zaine Cordy is an awful footballer. He is literally a goal machine for the opposition. Either play him forward and see if he can contribute like in 2016 or just delist him now.

Happy Days
01-04-2018, 11:17 PM
2. If Gowers had kicked 4.1 instead of 1.3 and 1 oob people here would be lauding him.

But he didn't.

The fact of the matter is that Gowers takes plays off to be in a cherry picking position out the back on the chance that we create a turn over up the ground. It's a shockingly selfish trait and doesn't help the team at all, especially when he misses the shots at goal that come from it.

G-Mo77
02-04-2018, 12:12 AM
2. This is Rohde era stuff. There has to be some higher strategy as to why we've done this to ourselves, but it doesn't seem like there is.

This is how I felt today. I haven't felt that disappointed and embarrassed since Peter Rhode it was just that bad. Make the youth excuse if it makes you feel better, this club is a joke right now on and off the field.

ratsmac
02-04-2018, 01:49 AM
Everyone on here see it, surely our highly paid professionals see it.

Bumper Bulldogs
02-04-2018, 08:52 AM
1. Bevo - your not as clever as you think you are, stuff multi skilling the side. play these guys in position. You won a flag then wanted to be a trend setter and stuffed everything up. go with the percentages.

2. Bevo & Bont - your press conferences are pathetic, I heard nothing that told me you were bleeding, I need some bulldog passion back. its ok to say your hurting, we all are.

3. Bevo and the coaches. you are the guys picking the side and demanding the standards and setting the examples for the list. its about time you raised the bar. I guys don't put in effort and intensity you need to drag them and sit them on the bench when back to the magoo's the next week. ball is in your court now!

chef
02-04-2018, 02:57 PM
1. Bont needs to watch Danger, Martin, Selwood Fyfe etc
These guys drag their teams along, not give up when the going gets tough. I expect more from you.

2. We are a bottom 4 team. Guys like Webb, Cordy, Roughie snd HC should be only depth and moved on at the end of theseason.

Or

3. Maybe Bevos lost the group. Gee i hope not.

The Adelaide Connection
03-04-2018, 12:07 AM
1. Stay off social media when the team is not travelling well.
2. We will not break any membership records this year and the number will likely head a fair way south in the first part of 2019.
3. There will likely be more pain to come in the next few rounds (at least). I take solace in the fact that we seem to be mirroring Hawthorn after '08 ('09 they missed the finals with only 9 wins, '10 they won round one but then lost the next six or seven and then clicked into gear).

Twodogs
03-04-2018, 12:16 AM
1. Stay off social media when the team is not travelling well.
2. We will not break any membership records this year and the number will likely head a fair way south in the first part of 2019.
3. There will likely be more pain to come in the next few rounds (at least). I take solace in the fact that we seem to be mirroring Hawthorn after '08 ('09 they missed the finals with only 9 wins, '10 they won round one but then lost the next six or seven and then clicked into gear).

At the moment I'd happily take that. Clicking into gear and winning a few games seems like it could be several games down the track. Actually it seems like a bit of a fantasy for us given we haven't even settled on a line up or a reliable way to get the ball from one player to another yet.

We looked like we'd only started preseason training about a month ago yesterday.

Eastdog
03-04-2018, 12:21 AM
1.) We need a proper goal kicking coach.

2.) We need desperately a key forward who will take some marks and kick goals.

3.) Injuries once again have not helped us particularly to our defence.

Bulldog4life
03-04-2018, 09:52 AM
1. The party is over....and it was a bloody short party!
2. You never get used to losing let alone a hiding.
3. The ride home after a loss takes forever.