Kirsty Lamb - 107
Lauren Spark - 106
Libby Birch - 100
Jenna Bruton – 98
Brooke Lochland – 96
Monique Conti – 95
Hannah Scott – 91
Angelica Gogos – 86

Emma really is a star - hopefully we keep her.

Bulldog4life
30-03-2018, 12:14 PM
@AnthColangelo
13h13 hours ago

Emma Kearney wins the Bulldogs b&f to go with her AFLW b&f, AFLCA b&f. Asked what makes her so good, she tells those gathered at Crown Palladium: “I just f***ing hate losing!”

Twodogs
01-04-2018, 11:22 AM
@AnthColangelo
13h13 hours ago

Emma Kearney wins the Bulldogs b&f to go with her AFLW b&f, AFLCA b&f. Asked what makes her so good, she tells those gathered at Crown Palladium: “I just f***ing hate losing!”

That's funny. I hate *!*!*!*!ing losing too!

AndrewP6
04-04-2018, 09:55 PM
Just saw a report stating she has informed the Bulldogs that she will be playing for North Melbourne next season.

bornadog
04-04-2018, 11:14 PM
Just saw a report stating she has informed the Bulldogs that she will be playing for North Melbourne next season.

There was a report a month ago North were offering bigger dollars, so not surprised.

Hotdog60
05-04-2018, 06:43 AM
Apparently full time work as well. Reporting that she is leaving her job at AFL house.

The Adelaide Connection
05-04-2018, 08:21 AM
Apparently full time work as well. Reporting that she is leaving her job at AFL house.

I remember seeing someone post on Woof early on in the AFLW season that she was likely to go to North. I think they also mentioned she was a North supporter and obviously captaining the club would be a big drawcard.

If someone on the forum knew it was on the cards, surely the club did too. We mustn’t have had a comparable position for her because surely if we did we would have tried to match or better North’s offer. This is the equivalent of having Bontempelli let us know he is leaving.

Bulldog Joe
05-04-2018, 08:22 AM
Good luck to Emma.
She needs to do what is best for her.

jazzadogs
05-04-2018, 08:49 AM
Each club only gets two marquee players, and we have our two captains KB and Ellie in those roles. They get paid a premium to others.

Good luck to Emma, the new clubs are going to ream all of the Victorian clubs but if we hold onto KB, Blackburn, Scott and our new young players we will still be well placed. Based on the proposed system we will lose another two at least though.

Compensation will be interesting though. Can't imagine we'll get much because they will be wanting to make the new teams strong.

Flamethrower
05-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Imagine the outrage if Dustin Martin had gone to the Tigers after last season and told them he was going to play for the Sydney Swans because he supported them as a boy and they had offered a multi-million dollar full time job once his career as a player was done. Or Bont. Or Fyfe.

Only a mercenary forgoes loyality to chase the Benjamins. Money is the root of all that is evil in professional sport.

Throughandthrough
05-04-2018, 04:33 PM
Same same but different, the SANFL Womens comp went from 4 teams to 6 this year, Glenelg had 3 or 4 drafted and of their top 10 players I'd guess 5 or 6 went to one of the new clubs, as such Glenelg has only won one match this year and ex players regularly on the bests for the other sides.

Sedat
05-04-2018, 05:08 PM
What are the rules around free agency, salary caps and drafts in AFLW? I'm not a follower of the comp but it sounds like AFL makey-uppey at work. Loop holes in the tribunal system and loop holes in the FA and draft system.

Scraggers
05-04-2018, 06:23 PM
Emma is a Melbourne Uni girl ... she played all of her footy with them. Their alignment with North Melbourne Women's team meant it was always going to be hard to keep her at the Western Oval once Norf came into the competition.

As reigning Bulldogs B&F and reigning AFLW B&F, I would hope there would be good compensation ... two end of first round picks should do it.

Grantysghost
05-04-2018, 06:36 PM
Emma is a Melbourne Uni girl ... she played all of her footy with them. Their alignment with North Melbourne Women's team meant it was always going to be hard to keep her at the Western Oval once Norf came into the competition.

As reigning Bulldogs B&F and reigning AFLW B&F, I would hope there would be good compensation ... two end of first round picks should do it.

She just won a flag, best and fairest and league best and fairest with the dogs...dare say slightly bigger pull than a uni team. Its money related and fair enough too.

bornadog
05-04-2018, 06:39 PM
She just won a flag, best and fairest and league best and fairest with the dogs...dare say slightly bigger pull than a uni team. Its money related and fair enough too.

She has also been offered a full time job

Testekill
05-04-2018, 09:50 PM
It's just like Vescio or Pearce where they've been offered a full time job with the club in addition to a marquee contract. Basically it's something that we can't match because Brennan & Blackburn are our marquee players and we can't just decide to float a full time job with the club just so that we can match Norths offer.

It sucks but that's how it goes; we were always going to lose an important player thanks to the new Victorian clubs and it's just as crucial for us to hold onto Conti, Blackburn & Huntington.

josie
06-04-2018, 01:53 AM
Add Brooke Lochlan and Hannah Scott to the must keeps. And Lauren Spark.

Axe Man
06-04-2018, 02:53 PM
The whole player movement market in the AFLW is a debacle at the moment, nobody knows what is going on:

North Melbourne has fired the first shot ahead of its entry into the league in 2019 by snaring this season’s AFLW best and fairest Emma Kearney from the Bulldogs.

Kearney’s move has baffled rival clubs as the league has yet to announce the rules on player movement.

Clubs believe they will have to give up as many as four players to the new clubs — North Melbourne and Geelong — but they have no official word.

Players are in limbo with clubs reluctant to delist and unable to re-sign as list rules and salary caps have yet to be defined by the league.

Coaches are also in limbo. Both the Crows and the Magpies are yet to re-sign their current coaches, Bec Goddard and Wayne Seikman.

Bulldogs premiership coach Paul Groves is out of contract at the Whitten Oval and is set to resume his job as a teacher.

Carlton parted ways with its foundation coach Damien Keeping in the week of the AFLW decider.

Cyberdoggie
06-04-2018, 02:53 PM

As part of the rules we have to give up a certain value of players to the expansion clubs next year.
It just means we won't have to give much else after Kearney goes. Which is kind of good news.
Better than giving up 3-4 of your mid tier players like Conti.

bornadog
06-04-2018, 02:56 PM
The whole player movement market in the AFLW is a debacle at the moment, nobody knows what is going on:

Just shows the AFEL is not fair dinkum about women's football.

Sedat
06-04-2018, 02:58 PM
As I suspected, AFEL makey-uppey at work

Bulldog Joe
12-04-2018, 10:19 AM
It has been reported that the 4 Victorian based clubs will be required to give up players, but why should this not be extended to all clubs.

Brisbane has contested both Grand Finals, yet are exempt.

You would expect an element of fairness to come into the situation.

However, you then remember who are responsible for the rules and realise that fairness isn't in their vocabulary.

As reigning premiers, I expect they will find a way to make us give up more than any other team.

Webby
12-04-2018, 10:40 AM
Do you get a compo draft pick for giving up the best player in the competition?
Surely that’s a yes?!

hujsh
12-04-2018, 10:45 AM
It has been reported that the 4 Victorian based clubs will be required to give up players, but why should this not be extended to all clubs.

Brisbane has contested both Grand Finals, yet are exempt.

You would expect an element of fairness to come into the situation.

However, you then remember who are responsible for the rules and realise that fairness isn't in their vocabulary.

As reigning premiers, I expect they will find a way to make us give up more than any other team.

I imaging the Brisbane girls live in Brisbane. Seems a bit much to make them move for an amateur comp (as in I don't believe they are paid enough to live off from playing). Unless I'm wrong and they travel/live interstate for the period when the season is played.

Bulldog Joe
12-04-2018, 11:01 AM
I imaging the Brisbane girls live in Brisbane. Seems a bit much to make them move for an amateur comp (as in I don't believe they are paid enough to live off from playing). Unless I'm wrong and they travel/live interstate for the period when the season is played.

I do know that not all are Queenslanders.

Wuetschner and Gibson are Tasmanian

Hildebrand and Ashmore are from Melbourne Uni

Ayre and Exon both from Carlton.

bornadog
12-04-2018, 12:52 PM
Do you get a compo draft pick for giving up the best player in the competition?
Surely that’s a yes?!

Should be a yes, but AFL still haven't worked out the rules.

azabob
12-04-2018, 01:26 PM
Should be a yes, but AFL still haven't worked out the rules.

It certainly is odd - but considering the administration at AFL house it isn't surprising.

How they can implement a rule or an edict that players can be poached but have no clarity around what the compensation if any may be available is beyond me.

But rest assured they are taking the womens game seriously.