View Full Version : Game Day Round 3, 2018 - Western Bulldogs V Essendon at Etihad Stadium

06-04-2018, 12:26 PM
Lets get our predictions in. Local derby this weekend.

Margin: Dogs by 3 points

First Goal: Jack Redpath

Best on Ground: Jack Macrae

Having Greek Easter lunch at home then soon after will be heading in to the game.

Go Bulldogs!!

06-04-2018, 12:28 PM
Margin: Essendon by 48 pts

First Goal: Dickson

Best on Ground: Money would be on JMac

06-04-2018, 01:51 PM
Essendon by 71
First goal- Dickson
BOG- Macrae

They've only got 2 goals in total between them this year but I've got a feeling Daniher and Stringer will combine for 10+ this week.

06-04-2018, 02:51 PM
Essendon by 55

First goal for us: Hunter
BOG for us: McLean

06-04-2018, 02:55 PM
Dogs by 1 point (I can't pick Essendon, I hate that club)

First goal Dickson

BOG Macrae

06-04-2018, 03:12 PM
I don't rate Essendon's midfield at all. That, coupled with the natural ball-winning talent we have in the middle and my unsubstantiated theory that the penny has finally dropped with our mids in terms of workrate, I actually think we'll win on Sunday by about 3-4 goals.

Bombers are probably the best possible opposition we could face this week with their kamikaze style of play and shit tactical coach in Worsfold. Daniher torched us last year (10 scoring shots on Cordy) and we still won easily.

06-04-2018, 03:13 PM
The arseholes by plenty and it's going to be insufferable.
First goal: Redpath
BOG: Macrae

Daniher will outscore us alone.

06-04-2018, 03:14 PM
I reckon it was our best game for 2017 against them in Round 19.

06-04-2018, 03:18 PM
The arseholes by plenty and it's going to be insufferable.

Agreed, my facebook feed is going to be unbearable.

Bombers by who cares, it will be rubbish
First goal: Daniel

06-04-2018, 03:36 PM
Agreed, my facebook feed is going to be unbearable.

Bombers by who cares, it will be rubbish
First goal: Daniel

Give your facebook a miss DOTW....you'll be better for it!

06-04-2018, 03:40 PM
Give your facebook a miss DOTW....you'll be better for it!

But then how would I publicize my private moments, humblebrag about my exercise routine and post waaaaaaay to much information about my pup?
Hmmm, on reflection, maybe you're right...

06-04-2018, 04:43 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-04-03/match-info-dogs-v-bombers

AFL Round 3 - Western Bulldogs v Essendon

FOOTBALL BLOCKBUSTER, PLUS KIDS IN FREE!

Sunday 8 April
Etihad Stadium
Gates open: 1:30pm
First Bounce: 3:20pm

Broadcast

Televised live on 7mate and Fox Sports 3 from 3pm.

Membership Enquiries and Sales
Our friendly membership staff will be located in the Membership Club Hub located outside Gate 5 of click here for more information.

Tickets
We encourage members general admission access to consider upgrading to a reserved seat via Ticketmaster to guarantee entry. Members only pay the discount member rate to upgrade to a reserved seat by entering their 12-digit barcode. Click here to upgrade.

General Admission entry is always subject to capacity and may not be guaranteed should the stadium advise capacity has been reached.

Beat the queues and buy your tickets in advance online here via Ticketmaster.

Sunday Funday - Kids Get in Free

Sunday is Funday as kids get in to the footy for free!

Free general admission tickets are available to children under the age of 15 and can be purchased in advance, which will be subject to the ticket agent transaction fee or will be available on match day at the box office where no additional fees will be incurred. For more information visit www.afl.com.au/tickets/kids

In a bumper day of family fun there will be the Footscray End Fan Zone located at Gate 7, Maccas Kick to Kick on the ground after the game and a host of football activations outside Gate 5. There’s even more reason to get to the football on Sunday afternoon.

BUY TICKETS: To purchase tickets, including $0 junior general admission tickets for the Western Bulldogs’ Sunday game at Etihad Stadium, click here.

Footscray End Fan Zone

Come in join in the fun at the Footscray End Fan Zone located at Gate 7. It will be a hub of fun, entertainment and activities at the Easter Sunday Funday game!
Inside Gate 7 at the Footscray End there will be plenty of cool activities including:

Kids Arts and Craft Area including Badge making, sand art and door hangar decorating
Player Autographs
Player Lockers to get your photo with
The Press Wall where you can get a photo holding your own post-match press conference
Face Painting
See how you shape up against our team by testing how high you can jump and compare your foot size.
Caesar will be happy for a photo too!
Giveaways
The Pack Kids Club Hub to get your booklet stamped. For more information on The Pack Kids Club click here.
Club Hub

Gate 5 will be a sea of activity for both kids and adults offering plenty of fun, free activities such as:

Membership
Merchandise
Football Zone featuring plenty of football inflatable drills for kids and adults alike
Grab a drink and bite to eat before you head into the game and get to the Food Trucks and The Garden Gate Bar located outside Gate 5.
The Bulldogs Van
Located between gate 4 and 5 the Bulldogs Van has plenty of cool activities and space to hang out. Make sure to come and say hi to our friendly staff here to join in the fun activities including:

Photo Booth
Giant Board Games
Fun Giveaways
Chill Out Zone
Reaction Wall
Social Media

Follow @westernbulldogson Twitter for the latest breaking match day news and quarter-by-quarter scores.
Follow @westernbulldogson Instagram for all the behind the scenes photos from match day. Make sure you tag us in photos to be featured in our social post review!
Like the Western BulldogsFacebook page for the latest breaking news, behind the scenes video and much more from the Kennel.
Check if the roof will be open by following @RalftheRoof on Twitter!

06-04-2018, 05:56 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-04-03/match-info-dogs-v-bombers

AFL Round 3 - Western Bulldogs v Essendon

FOOTBALL BLOCKBUSTER, PLUS KIDS IN FREE!

Sunday 8 April
Etihad Stadium
Gates open: 1:30pm
First Bounce: 3:20pm

Broadcast

Televised live on 7mate and Fox Sports 3 from 3pm.

Membership Enquiries and Sales
Our friendly membership staff will be located in the Membership Club Hub located outside Gate 5 of click here for more information.

Tickets
We encourage members general admission access to consider upgrading to a reserved seat via Ticketmaster to guarantee entry. Members only pay the discount member rate to upgrade to a reserved seat by entering their 12-digit barcode. Click here to upgrade.

General Admission entry is always subject to capacity and may not be guaranteed should the stadium advise capacity has been reached.

Beat the queues and buy your tickets in advance online here via Ticketmaster.

Sunday Funday - Kids Get in Free

Sunday is Funday as kids get in to the footy for free!

Free general admission tickets are available to children under the age of 15 and can be purchased in advance, which will be subject to the ticket agent transaction fee or will be available on match day at the box office where no additional fees will be incurred. For more information visit www.afl.com.au/tickets/kids

In a bumper day of family fun there will be the Footscray End Fan Zone located at Gate 7, Maccas Kick to Kick on the ground after the game and a host of football activations outside Gate 5. There’s even more reason to get to the football on Sunday afternoon.

BUY TICKETS: To purchase tickets, including $0 junior general admission tickets for the Western Bulldogs’ Sunday game at Etihad Stadium, click here.

Footscray End Fan Zone

Come in join in the fun at the Footscray End Fan Zone located at Gate 7. It will be a hub of fun, entertainment and activities at the Easter Sunday Funday game!
Inside Gate 7 at the Footscray End there will be plenty of cool activities including:

Kids Arts and Craft Area including Badge making, sand art and door hangar decorating
Player Autographs
Player Lockers to get your photo with
The Press Wall where you can get a photo holding your own post-match press conference
Face Painting
See how you shape up against our team by testing how high you can jump and compare your foot size.
Caesar will be happy for a photo too!
Giveaways
The Pack Kids Club Hub to get your booklet stamped. For more information on The Pack Kids Club click here.
Club Hub

Gate 5 will be a sea of activity for both kids and adults offering plenty of fun, free activities such as:

Membership
Merchandise
Football Zone featuring plenty of football inflatable drills for kids and adults alike
Grab a drink and bite to eat before you head into the game and get to the Food Trucks and The Garden Gate Bar located outside Gate 5.
The Bulldogs Van
Located between gate 4 and 5 the Bulldogs Van has plenty of cool activities and space to hang out. Make sure to come and say hi to our friendly staff here to join in the fun activities including:

Photo Booth
Giant Board Games
Fun Giveaways
Chill Out Zone
Reaction Wall
Social Media

Follow @westernbulldogson Twitter for the latest breaking match day news and quarter-by-quarter scores.
Follow @westernbulldogson Instagram for all the behind the scenes photos from match day. Make sure you tag us in photos to be featured in our social post review!
Like the Western BulldogsFacebook page for the latest breaking news, behind the scenes video and much more from the Kennel.
Check if the roof will be open by following @RalftheRoof on Twitter!

How lovely of them to school the kiddies how to play like a Bulldog.

06-04-2018, 06:06 PM
Bulldogs by 19 points
First goal Dickson
BOG Macrae

06-04-2018, 11:55 PM
Bombers by 123
First goal: We won't score one
BOG: Naughton

07-04-2018, 01:49 PM
Bevo Press conference this morning - here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2018-04-07/press-conference-luke-beveridge-rd3)

07-04-2018, 02:05 PM
Bevo Press conference this morning - here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2018-04-07/press-conference-luke-beveridge-rd3)

Schache rumours cleared up by a Bevo. Damian Barrett I believe was the one with the fake story.

07-04-2018, 02:08 PM
There were a few steaming piles dumped at the doorstep of the club this week. Fair to say Bevo just set fire to most of them.

Most pleasing to hear something from the horses mouth on Boyd, even if it was that he's just not deserving of a spot at the moment.

07-04-2018, 02:13 PM
Bombers by 123

Jeepers, I thought I was a pessimist!

07-04-2018, 02:24 PM
Bombers by at least 50
Stringer to kick at least 4
Stringer bog

07-04-2018, 02:45 PM
Bombers by at least 50
Stringer to kick at least 4
Stringer bog

The last two are meant to be for us ie first goal and our BOG

07-04-2018, 03:19 PM
Thoughts on Wal potentially doing a job on Heppell?

Heppell is a lot of things but quick isn't one of them, and Wallis has been pretty effective at this in the past.

07-04-2018, 03:31 PM
Schache rumours cleared up by a Bevo. Damian Barrett I believe was the one with the fake story.

Well, that was good to watch. He's good for us in the media. I'm really surprised Peter G is not already in our hall of fame. Overdue.

Dogs by a kick to give the fans some hope
BOG Bont
First Goal Bont
In Bont we trust.

Look likely to lose this one but I think we'll go down swinging this time.

07-04-2018, 03:40 PM

Well Macrae will be bog for us.
First goal....sheesh. I’ll have to go with Dickson

Unfortunately for us players like Stringer kill us. Always have. It was so good to finally have one playing for us. But of course he had to be an idiot. I’m already having nightmares seeing him kick a bag on us. You’d think we’d know his weaknesses (there’s plenty) but he’ll get too much space inside 50 and will torch us

07-04-2018, 03:50 PM

Yep that's right BAD. First goal and BOG are predictions for who will get our first goal and who will be our best on ground.

07-04-2018, 04:06 PM
Sadly them by plenty ( they are just so insufferable)
BOG Macrae
1st Goal Redpath

Like a decent effort this week fellas

07-04-2018, 04:43 PM
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-04/match-preview-western-bulldogs-v-essendon

Match preview: Western Bulldogs v Essendon
Ryan Davidson

SUMMARY

With his side sitting at the bottom of the ladder after thrashings at the hands of Greater Western Sydney and West Coast, Luke Beveridge has bemoaned the Dogs' lack of polish with ball in hand and intensity when they don't have it. But against an offensively-minded side like Essendon, the Bulldogs have a chance to kick-start their season without relentless pressure around the contest. John Worsfold has pulled the handbrake on his side after their helter-skelter display in the loss to Fremantle last week. A more tempered approach will give star forward Joe Daniher every chance to replicate the six-goal haul he kicked against the Dogs last year. New Bomber Jake Stringer's first game against his old club will be an interesting subplot after his acrimonious departure from Whitten Oval.

WHERE AND WHEN: Etihad Stadium, Sunday, April 8, 3.20pm AEST
TV AND RADIO: Click here for broadcast guide

LAST FIVE MEETINGS

R19, 2017, Western Bulldogs 19.13 (127) d Essendon 13.19 (97) at Etihad Stadium
R22, 2016, Western Bulldogs 14.9 (93) d Essendon 7.11 (53) at Etihad Stadium
R18, 2015, Western Bulldogs 19.13 (127) d Essendon 5.10 (40) at Etihad Stadium
R18, 2014, Essendon 15.11 (101) d Western Bulldogs 14.10 (94) at Etihad Stadium
R7, 2014, Essendon 10.13 (73) d Western Bulldogs 9.11 (65) at Etihad Stadium

THE SIX POINTS

1. Jason Johannisen had his best game og 2017 when the Bulldogs defeated the Bombers, with 18 disposals and a career high four goals. Shane Biggs had 29 touches and 11 marks, while Joe Daniher kicked six goals for the Bombers.

2. Essendon is struggling in clearances, ranked 17th and averaging only 31 per game. They're mid-table for contested possessions but have been impressive in centre clearances, ranked in the top five.

3. The Bulldogs have now won the last three clashes between the sides, ending Essendon's dominance of six straight wins in 2011-14. The Dogs haven't won four in a row over the Bombers since 2007-09.

4. The Bulldogs have struggled in the first two games in most categories – they're in the bottom three in disposals, contested possessions, goal kicking accuracy and tackling, an area in which they were at the top in recent seasons.

5. If the Bulldogs lose again it will be the first time since 2012 they've lost their opening three games. They've lost five in a row if you count three consecutive losses to finish the 2017 season.

6. Marcus Bontempelli is the highest ranked Bulldog in Schick AFL Player Ratings in 12th position overall (527.1 points), while Zach Merrett is the best-placed Bomber, sitting in 21st place (496 points).

IT'S A BIG WEEK FOR …

Luke Beveridge is under real pressure for the first time in his four-year tenure at the Dogs, and the premiership coach needs to find a way to motivate his struggling charges.

PREDICTION: Essendon by 11 points

The views in this article are those of the author and not necessarily those of the AFL or its clubs

07-04-2018, 05:55 PM
Surely we will have our tails up for this

WB by 3
First Goal Redpath
BOG Bont

07-04-2018, 05:57 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/icqlbn.png

Speaking of league HQ, good to see the class act that is AFEL House not pouring more petrol on the Boyd issue.

07-04-2018, 06:48 PM
Ess by 83 pts
First goal - Dahl
Bog - Macrae

Daniher/hooker/Stewart/stringer to kick 16 between them

HELP US GOD

07-04-2018, 07:28 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/icqlbn.png

Speaking of league HQ, good to see the class act that is AFEL House not pouring more petrol on the Boyd issue.

If he were playing well, I would laude the Pirate of Penzance look...

07-04-2018, 11:21 PM
Roof will be closed

07-04-2018, 11:24 PM
Roof will be closed

I would have thought they may have kept it open considering it is going to be quite warm tomorrow 30 degrees.

08-04-2018, 12:04 AM
I would have thought they may have kept it open considering it is going to be quite tomorrow 30 degrees.

Apparently a lot of complaints over the past 2 weeks.

08-04-2018, 12:14 AM
I would have thought they may have kept it open considering it is going to be quite warm tomorrow 30 degrees.

Too hard to see! :cool:

08-04-2018, 12:18 AM
Too hard to see! :cool:

Maybe it is a sign of a Bulldog win :)

08-04-2018, 02:54 AM

Watching the broadcast when it is open is an absolute nightmare. Almost unwatchable. I have also made the mistake of buying tickets on the wrong side of the ground when it has been open- awful.

08-04-2018, 08:20 AM
I'm going to the Avenger Station before the game today. I know what I'm looking forward to the most.

Essendon by plenty :(

08-04-2018, 10:00 AM
Dogs by 1 point
First goal:Dickson
BOG: Bontempelli

08-04-2018, 10:38 AM
It's gonna be warm today but a lot of the warmth has gone from the atmosphere so it shouldn't be really hot like a 30 degree day in Febuary would be. Still 30 is going to be bad enough to play in.

08-04-2018, 11:14 AM
Roof will be closed

Thanks $%#$ for that!!

08-04-2018, 02:29 PM
Took the train at Carrum due to works on the Cranbourne line, only to find trains replaced by buses on that line! .. Hope it's not an omen for the day.

08-04-2018, 02:47 PM
Took the train at Carrum due to works on the Cranbourne line, only to find trains replaced by buses on that line! .. Hope it's not an omen for the day.

Maybe our players of the last two weeks will have been replaced with those from 2015/16 today to go on with the theme? I mean, at least some of them LOOK the same and answer to the same names...

08-04-2018, 03:28 PM
The membership tent has no queue this week.in fact as I look, there are just 2 people being served and no one waiting.

Dogs by 4 after the siren, Bontempelli BOG, first goal McLean

08-04-2018, 03:31 PM
Dogs by 19
First goal Redpath
BOG Wallis

08-04-2018, 03:33 PM
On my way in now on the train Belgrave/Lilydale line.

Carn the Dogs!

08-04-2018, 04:32 PM
Gee Essendon are shit. Imagine we could kick straight.

We're actually applying some pressure. Good early signs.

Absolutely ripping intent and effort so far. Pity our goalkicking isn't giving us just reward.

1.6 awesome

08-04-2018, 04:35 PM
At some point this poor goalkicking is going to take the wind out of our sails. We should be 3 or 4 goals ahead.

08-04-2018, 04:38 PM
I can't watch this anymore. This is not professional level sport.

08-04-2018, 04:40 PM
Great. Should've been holding the ball or a throw against Stringer..instead a goal to Bombers.

08-04-2018, 04:41 PM
JJ. You idiot.

08-04-2018, 04:43 PM
I don't feel confident with any of our players in front of goal.
I am confident however that the umpires are keen for Stringer to have a good game.

08-04-2018, 04:45 PM
Well done Bailey Dale.

08-04-2018, 04:45 PM
The most obvious holding the ball you could ever get in Australian rules football

08-04-2018, 04:48 PM
The cheats have thrown it at least half a dozen times....fishy early going from the umps

JJ.. you genius! ��

Our best quarter this year by a *!*!*!*!ing mile

08-04-2018, 04:49 PM
Something tells me Bevo's found his ruckman.

08-04-2018, 04:49 PM
Loving our effort. Make it a scrap, the other mob don't like the hard stuff.

08-04-2018, 04:52 PM
Some really nice ball movement in that quarter punctuated with risk reward field kicking.

Glad some good finishing closed out the quarter.

08-04-2018, 04:53 PM
Loving the kids English, Richards and Naughton yes please. Lets see if we can put forward a four quarter effort.

Apart from the goalkicking.. I am thrilled with the spirit, hardness intent and skill and decision making around the ground.
Even our delivery into the forward has been smarter and more effective.
Kudos to the boys for lifting thus far. Hope its sustainable.

Unsurprisingly the first quarter we've won all year.

For future reference, there's the recipe lads. Smart with it and furious without it.

Now about this kicking for goal business ...

08-04-2018, 04:56 PM
There is an opportunity to come out and do what we just did for the first five minutes and put three or four goals on the board. That will make them sweat, and they will crack. On the flip side our confidence meter and willingness to work hard will skyrocket.

Just gotta kick them. Cmon dogs.

08-04-2018, 04:57 PM
Cordy looks mean today. Good to see.
Dahlhaus maniacal in ground ball contests.

I hope we never play in open roof Etihad ever again. We always seem more up when it is.

08-04-2018, 04:57 PM
Bont!

Now a few more!

08-04-2018, 04:58 PM
I counted 9 steps that JJ took. It was nowhere near 15 metres.

08-04-2018, 04:59 PM
10 marks to zip inside 50... TO US!!
If i saw that stat without seeing the game, I would've presumed that would've been Essendon's way.

08-04-2018, 04:59 PM
Props to Zaine, he’s been excellent

08-04-2018, 05:02 PM
My TV is playing up. I'm clearly not watching the same team as the last 2 weeks.

08-04-2018, 05:04 PM
...and Devon Smith takes the Missy Higgins pointing trophy.

08-04-2018, 05:05 PM
I don't know where it was hiding but the desperation's back today. We look a motivated bunch.

08-04-2018, 05:05 PM
Getting crucified by the umps how the f did he get rid of that?

08-04-2018, 05:07 PM
Superb courage by honey and smart play by Bont. This followed by a brilliant read and releasing handball by Daniel down back.

Wonderful.

08-04-2018, 05:08 PM
I'm gonna say it.

Honeychurch handy so far. Give the bloke more jobs on opponents.

08-04-2018, 05:11 PM
Loving Richards

08-04-2018, 05:11 PM
Can anyone work out why Wood is so timid? Refused to go back against the flight a few times, his form is baffling.

08-04-2018, 05:12 PM
So if Red’s arm doesn’t slip high does he get a rightful free for the clear hold around his waist from his opponent that was not even watching the ball? Doubt it.

08-04-2018, 05:15 PM
Lovely chase Dickson..

08-04-2018, 05:20 PM
Jeezus Dahl.

08-04-2018, 05:23 PM
Disappointing minutes. Should have had a scoring shot but Dahlhaus turns one over and we get scored against. Then Vomvers get another.
Turnovers kill.

08-04-2018, 05:23 PM
Just undone a very spirited quarter with those last 2 goals to Essendon
How good would another goal be for us?

08-04-2018, 05:25 PM
Come on half time.

08-04-2018, 05:26 PM
Credit where it's due, Suckling has been good. Richards has performed very well so far

08-04-2018, 05:27 PM
That Dunkley goal was great for us

08-04-2018, 05:28 PM
The baby backline's held together well but it's all predicated on our pressure upfield and mids getting back in numbers. We've done well not to expose them too often.

08-04-2018, 05:29 PM
Great first half. Cut down on turnovers and convert a little better and we’d be at least 5 goals up

Credit where it's due, Suckling has been good. Richards has performed very well so far

A bit to Bailey Williams too. He’s copped a bit from the forum but he’s done well today.
Love that Richard’s brings some pace to the backline

That Dunkley goal was great for us

Yep Dahl just showed that little bit of composure required before releasing to the Bont, nice to see after the error.

5 goals 1 point for the quarter. It's a taxing style so we need to keep making the most of our chaces from here on.
Cordy has been effective today

08-04-2018, 05:31 PM
Very bright signs with Richards, Naughton and English performing well.

08-04-2018, 05:31 PM
A bit to Bailey Williams too. He’s copped a bit from the forum but he’s done well today.
Williams has repaid the faith.

08-04-2018, 05:32 PM
Hope we've got petrol in the tank. We've put some kms on the clock.
But a fantastic amount of spirit shown so far. All the 1 percenters that were the hallmark of us at our best have been on display thus far.

08-04-2018, 05:33 PM

I thought Williams played well last week too so he is improving. Only young too.

08-04-2018, 05:33 PM
English has done very well. Richards has ticked boxes for speed, endeavour, toughness, decision making and execution.

08-04-2018, 05:35 PM
Great pressure by us...the odd handball brain fade (yes Dahl ) has hurt us, but a great comeback after being 1.9

Just need to make the most of set shots.
Richards and naughton both really good with decision making and not panicking.

Just need to keep that pressure and cut down those silly turnovers.

08-04-2018, 05:38 PM
Loving Naughtons 2nd efforts and positioning its nice to see some talls in the team that are actually effective. I'm also liking the grunt that Wallis is bringing he can also hit the scoreboard which is handy indeed. The challenge for Mitch is that he has to bring this effort for the majority or else he slips back into VFL contention. I think having Libba out will provide him with his chance to consolidate.

08-04-2018, 05:38 PM
Richards, English and Naughton have all been great.

Naughton sold a dummy that sucked in three Essendon forwards and the cameraman. It was a thing of beauty.

08-04-2018, 05:41 PM
I'm somewhat surprised our tackles are only 15. We certainly look like we're being physical and applying hot pressure. Maybe a result of the huge disparity in disposal count. Also slightly behind in contested ball.
Bailey Williams has shown very good composure and eggectiveness.
The big thing so far outside of our spirit is our intelligence using the ball and picking the right options. 81% efficiency as a team.
Apart from a howler of a turnover from Dahl and a poor decision by Dunkley in attempting a central shallow kick into the forward 50 we've looked so smart.
We've hit targets going inside 50.

08-04-2018, 05:41 PM
Richards, English and Naughton have all been great.

Naughton sold a dummy that sucked in three Essendon forwards and the cameraman. It was a thing of beauty.

That Naughton dummy sucked in the camera operator too! Very classy.

08-04-2018, 05:42 PM
...and Devon Smith takes the Missy Higgins pointing trophy.

It's a fair effort to outpoint Goddard. He's one of the great blame shifters of all time.

When he learns a little composure with his kicking he will be a good player. Needs to work on his one on one defending too.

08-04-2018, 05:43 PM
Its going to be a massive 3rd quarter. We have a history, even when playing well, of letting our grip on games loosen. We need to keep it hot and press hard.

08-04-2018, 05:45 PM
Its going to be a massive 3rd quarter. We have a history, even when playing well, of letting our grip on games loosen. We need to keep it hot and press hard.
We need to keep the scoreboard ticking over. They play on emotion and if Daniher and a couple of others get going they will all lift.
If we get the first couple of tge 3 Rd quarter though we might break them

08-04-2018, 05:52 PM
Loving Richards. For a guy so slight he really sticks his tackles.

08-04-2018, 05:58 PM
I’m telling you, Dunks is a freak.

08-04-2018, 06:01 PM
Jakes off for a quick cry. Soz.

08-04-2018, 06:05 PM
Naughton off hammy

08-04-2018, 06:06 PM
I think Naughton may've just done a hammy. Grabbing back of thigh.

08-04-2018, 06:06 PM
Looks like Naughton has done a hammy

08-04-2018, 06:07 PM
Triple M saying Naughton just has cramp. Hope for once they're right

08-04-2018, 06:09 PM
That was genius from Lachie Hunter

08-04-2018, 06:09 PM
Well done Hunter. Very good game from him today

08-04-2018, 06:10 PM
Massive goal, massive.

08-04-2018, 06:11 PM
Naughton back on. Dahl much improved today.

08-04-2018, 06:12 PM
Gotta give credit to Honeychurch. He's put his body on the line all day. Going to be very sore tomorrow.

08-04-2018, 06:14 PM
3rd quarter needs to hurry up. We look a bit fatigued around the ground Defense taking longer to react.

08-04-2018, 06:16 PM
Its going to be a torrid last quarter. We need to dig deep. Has Naughton done a hamstring or is it cramp?

08-04-2018, 06:18 PM
C'mon boys.. once more unto the breach dear friends!

This would be a lifting win...or a heartbreaking loss if we tire.

I’m telling you, Dunks is a freak.

He just makes things happen. Usually good things too.

Its going to be a torrid last quarter. We need to dig deep. Has Naughton done a hamstring or is it cramp?

He came back on so cramp i guess.

08-04-2018, 06:20 PM

He finished the quarter on the ground according to the AFL app (which doesn’t have him on the bench). I am pretty sure he was goin with Daniher on the wing on one of those late plays.

08-04-2018, 06:20 PM
Whatever happens in the last 30 minutes, this game has been exactly what I’d hoped for (goal kicking aside)

08-04-2018, 06:23 PM
I'd give Bont some midfield time early in the last

08-04-2018, 06:27 PM
Bailey Williams what a time to nail your first goal. Has missed acdozen of those i reckon.

08-04-2018, 06:29 PM
Great stuff boys!!

08-04-2018, 06:29 PM
So long Mr. Dalrymple and thanks for all the fish!

08-04-2018, 06:38 PM
We criticise umpires too much but they can't cop enough criticism for that putrid decision against Macrae.

08-04-2018, 06:39 PM
Missed some chances to put this to bed. Less than 4 goal in 7 minutes.

08-04-2018, 06:41 PM
Oh dear.

08-04-2018, 06:42 PM
I feel sick

08-04-2018, 06:45 PM
Nice. We make the Bombers pay for their stupidity.

08-04-2018, 06:46 PM
I feel sick

That last passage should be good medicine!

08-04-2018, 06:46 PM
Easton Wood playing more like a Captain in the last

08-04-2018, 06:47 PM
I think Easton's officially recovered from the forward experiment. Shades of old today.

08-04-2018, 06:48 PM
Its been a spirited performance, Essendon typically finish games off strongly

08-04-2018, 06:51 PM
Great win!

08-04-2018, 06:51 PM
Bang!

08-04-2018, 06:53 PM
Not a lot of love for Jake

08-04-2018, 07:00 PM
Cracking win by the lads. Should be a much more positive week in the footy media.

08-04-2018, 07:02 PM
I don't rate Essendon's midfield at all. That, coupled with the natural ball-winning talent we have in the middle and my unsubstantiated theory that the penny has finally dropped with our mids in terms of workrate, I actually think we'll win on Sunday by about 3-4 goals.

Bombers are probably the best possible opposition we could face this week with their kamikaze style of play and shit tactical coach in Worsfold. Daniher torched us last year (10 scoring shots on Cordy) and we still won easily.
I know it's a wanky move to quote your own post, but I'm pretty darn happy with this prediction! :D

08-04-2018, 07:02 PM
Great feeling on the way out with a win under the belt.

Great effort and execution today. Lots of highlights.

We’re back, baby!

08-04-2018, 07:03 PM
Not a lot of love for Jake

Good. He's just an ex player for us.

Good effort from our guys today. Still some scratchy things to work on but the effort was "certainly pleasing".

08-04-2018, 07:06 PM
The win we needed to have. Great team performance. Happy days.

08-04-2018, 07:06 PM
It's all mental for this group. How do we go from the crap we've been serving up, to that?

08-04-2018, 07:07 PM

Excellent crystal ball work Sedat.

08-04-2018, 07:25 PM
I know it's a wanky move to quote your own post, but I'm pretty darn happy with this prediction! :D

Wank away to your hearts pleasure old son. Wank away!

08-04-2018, 07:26 PM
That was a Club-lifting win. Well done Bulldogs. Whatever message was delivered through the week was received loud and clear and, most importantly, acted on. Go Dogs!

08-04-2018, 07:28 PM
Good to put a win on the board. Hard work pays off - English, Richard, Naughton - all contributing

08-04-2018, 07:30 PM
If we lost this I was having those horrid thoughts of we had forgotten how to win .
The kids today were excellent , I'm a big believer of play them and they will eventually get the pace of the game , playing VFL isn't going to work.
Richards and naughton coming on hugely extremely impressed and if Gowers learns to kick straight its enormous.
I did like Redpaths game today he was up the field and hit hard , made a presence and had a few double efforts.
English is going to be awesome once he gets some weight on.
Make no bones about it we have a very good young side coming up.

08-04-2018, 07:30 PM

Always enjoy you’re posts. When you said that it gave me some confidence

08-04-2018, 07:31 PM
A great win, but we need to bring that intensity next week too. Wood looked good, and I thought cordy and naughton were very serviceable in their areas. Dalh/honey were fantastic in the guts and just having Wallis back in gave the mids a bit more grunt.

I really love the way McLean goes about his game and played well today.

08-04-2018, 07:40 PM
Loved it. Richards so composed in the last quarter, English showing us how much a winning can help at ball ups, Wood in defence organising everyone, Williams finally kicking a goal after all those behinds, watching the Bont shrug his shoulders and scoop up the ball again and beating Essendon.

God I love beating Essendon.

08-04-2018, 07:44 PM
I think Easton's officially recovered from the forward experiment. Shades of old today.
3-4 marks in the second half looked like the old East Wood. Fantastic to see.

Ed Richards is an inspired selection. He looked incredible for such a young kid, imagine him after 30+ more games

08-04-2018, 07:54 PM
Very very happy tonight after watching that. We haven't played like that since grand final day. Plenty of mistakes but i can live with that if they bring that type of commitment. Dahls best game since 2016, made a few big mistakes but we've missed his desperation.

Thank god for that! and like two dogs I LOVE BEATING ESSENDON!!!!!

08-04-2018, 07:57 PM
Have to work today. Drat. Had a feeling we would fire up. Great news!

08-04-2018, 08:04 PM
Maybe our players of the last two weeks will have been replaced with those from 2015/16 today to go on with the theme? I mean, at least some of them LOOK the same and answer to the same names...
And they did

08-04-2018, 08:25 PM
How good is it to beat Essendon when they were red hot favourites? Love it! Such arrogant fans for a club that hasn’t won a final in recent memory.

08-04-2018, 08:29 PM
Brilliant win - love the clear effort that was put in by the players to maintain control of the ball leaving defence. Looked for the short option every single time, to the point of preferring to take on the man on the mark on several occasions rather than blast away to Essendon's talls. Very smart stuff and kudos to Bevo for it.

HOWEVER - play Bont in the ruck again and I'm letting down the tyres on your car.

Also shout out to the Dons fans, classy as ever, bronxing Joe F'n Daniher to start the third. You don't deserve him.

08-04-2018, 08:33 PM
How good is it to beat Essendon when they were red hot favourites? Love it! Such arrogant fans for a club that hasn’t won a final in recent memory.

Kids who were born after their last premiership can now drive a car !

08-04-2018, 08:48 PM
The membership tent has no queue this week.in fact as I look, there are just 2 people being served and no one waiting.

Dogs by 4 after the siren, Bontempelli BOG, first goal McLean

Two out of three ain't bad mate!

08-04-2018, 08:54 PM
I thought English would get monstered today and as a result the Injectors would get quick service from the middle and take a million marks up forward.
English more than held his own and our forwards took a tonne of marks whilst the Injector's talls did diddly squat for almost the whole game.
I really like it when Cordy plays like he did today. Mean, nasty but with laser focus and concentration.
Similarly Dahl at the contest was like a honey badger with his tenacity and intent.

08-04-2018, 08:56 PM
Our best 4 qtr effort since 2016.

08-04-2018, 09:01 PM
Second this. How the hell do you allow Bont to contest the centre ruck!!!!!!!

08-04-2018, 09:04 PM
Our best 4 qtr effort since 2016.

Agree. Lots of hard running to spread, chase and get numbers to the contest. Good signs. Lots of composure when we had the ball too.

08-04-2018, 09:10 PM
I thought Honeychurch and Williams were very good today.

Loved Daniel’s tackle to stop what looked like a bomber goal and wood’s tackle on Stringer - both in last quarter. Our fans were exhilarated by both efforts.

Our 2017 draft looking pretty, pretty good.... Naughton, apart from one bad disposal error, looked more composed today. Richards looks like he is going to be a star and love his tackling efforts. English was very good, his 5th game and rucked almost solo, and how good is he below his knees? Reckon he might be best ruckman or close to it in a year or two (he and Grundy and Gawn are gonna have some great battles).

And how good was that Honeychurch tackle on the wing in the ?third? Looked like a man possessed today. Perhaps Dahl, Honey and Daniel can play in same team after all. Also thought Jong looked a bit more comfortable out there today.

08-04-2018, 09:13 PM
Wasn't on him all day but HC spent a lot of time running with Zach Merrett and did a great job of just shutting him out of the game, especially in the first three quarters.

08-04-2018, 09:14 PM

Loved Daniel’s tackle to stop what looked like a bomber goal and wood’s tackle on Stringer - both in last quarter. Our fans were exhilarated by both efforts.

Our 2017 draft looking pretty, pretty good.... Naughton, apart from one bad disposal error, looked more composed today. Richards looks like he is going to be a star and love his tackling efforts. English was very good, his 5th game and rucked almost solo, and how good is he below his knees? Reckon he might be best ruckman or close to it in a year or two (he and Grundy and Gawn are gonna have some great battles).

And how good was that Honeychurch tackle on the wing in the ?third? Looked like a man possessed today. Perhaps Dahl, Honey and Daniel can play in same team after all. Also thought Jong looked a bit more comfortable out there today.

Good call on Daniel josie. He was 100% better than last week and once again his precision and superior decision making (offensively and defensively) was crucial today.

08-04-2018, 09:14 PM
We were the least experienced team to take the field by some margin this weekend. What a solid performance from such a young team. Teams this young and inexperienced are not supposed to be able to compete like we did today. Simply sensational.

Data from Footy Wire (Average games per player)

Dogs 59
Lions 77
GC 83
Blues 84
Cats 85
Pies 86
Freo 90
GWS 92
Dees 93
Dons 93
North 94
Port 101
Tigers 101
Eagles 103
Swans 122

08-04-2018, 09:15 PM

Must need new specs- I think it was Dickson who did great run down and tackle!!

08-04-2018, 09:28 PM
Wasn't on him all day but HC spent a lot of time running with Zach Merrett and did a great job of just shutting him out of the game, especially in the first three quarters.

Bevo must have read the article in the Sunday Age on how to stop Essendon, ie tag Merrett.

08-04-2018, 09:29 PM
Bombers by 123

How would you like to atone for your sins Mr Mahatma??? 🤣🤣

08-04-2018, 09:30 PM
Some posters were asking last week how does Williams get a game over Webb, and I answered he gets more of the ball, and today I thought he was fantastic. Still only 20 years old, he is slowly but surely getting better every week. Kicked his first AFL goal today.

08-04-2018, 09:30 PM
Bevo must have read the article in the Sunday Age on how to stop Essendon, ie tag Merrett.

I wonder if Merrett is still coping with effects of his recent concussion?
M.Boyd, Libba and Picko last year seemed similarly subdued for ages after theirs.

08-04-2018, 09:44 PM
How would you like to atone for your sins Mr Mahatma??? ����

Thank God!

Meanwhile, Williams was great today (I've been off him). HC may have found a role as a tagger - he was good and I've been off him. I got a lot wrong! Happy to own it.

Impressed with some of our younger guys. Williams, Naughton, Richards, English looked excellent at times, and good the rest of the match.

08-04-2018, 09:48 PM
What a relief!

08-04-2018, 09:52 PM

Yep it was Dickson.

08-04-2018, 09:52 PM
Some posters were asking last week how does Williams get a game over Webb, and I answered he gets more of the ball, and today I thought he was fantastic. Still only 20 years old, he is slowly but surely getting better every week. Kicked his first AFL goal today.

Yep he was good today.

I was one with a preference for Webb, but really the spot is now Williams' to lose. Did a lot right and looked particularly calm in traffic.

08-04-2018, 09:53 PM
Career changing game for Bailey Williams.

08-04-2018, 09:55 PM
One thing I think set the tone early was on our first inside 50 the whole team really made an effort to lock the ball in there until we kicked a goal. That inferred pressure was what led to the dinky clearing kick that MacLean intercepted and kicked our first goal from.

Our goalkicking was our usual mess but our forward pressure and desire to lock it in and have multiple shots was back to its best today.

08-04-2018, 10:00 PM
What a win! Just wonderful seeing the hunger and aggression back in a big way, also beating those pack of cheating scumbags is a little extra bit of icing on the cake. 4am start so can't gasbag too much. Night all

Wooooooo!!

08-04-2018, 10:05 PM
Sweet dreams G-Mo.

08-04-2018, 10:06 PM
One thing I think set the tone early was on our first inside 50 the whole team really made an effort to lock the ball in there until we kicked a goal. That inferred pressure was what led to the dinky clearing kick that MacLean intercepted and kicked our first goal from.

Our goalkicking was our usual mess but our forward pressure and desire to lock it in and have multiple shots was back to its best today.

A lot of our missed shots were from angles, although we did miss some from in front. Essendon did well to block the corridor which forced us wide and to kick at goal from all sorts of difficult angles. Bailey Dale's goal from the boundary was a beauty.

08-04-2018, 10:16 PM
Great win today. I enjoyed that and it is great to beat a local rival. Good to go back home happy on the train.

We fought hard and played for the jumper today. Where was this the last 2 weeks?

Our forward and defensive pressure was very good and our ball movement through the middle was great actually hitting up forward targets. Hunter, Macrae, Dunkley, McLean, Bont, Dale, Dahl, English, Gowers, Wood very good today really the whole team put in.

Now onto the Swans next week back at Etihad to try and make it 2-2.

Go Dogs!!

08-04-2018, 10:39 PM

I was at home and that tackle got me out of my seat. Ripping chase and tackle, beautiful technique.

08-04-2018, 10:45 PM
I was at home and that tackle got me out of my seat. Ripping chase and tackle, beautiful technique.

I got out of my seat a few times today at Etihad celebrating a few of those goals.

08-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Can't sleep...... still doing the happy dance :D

08-04-2018, 11:34 PM

I also made a case for his strengths over Webb and I'm glad he didn't make me look foolish (this week at least)

08-04-2018, 11:52 PM
What did posters think of the 5 man forward setup and loose man in defence? At one stage in the last Bont started at CHB and then ran forward.

09-04-2018, 12:01 AM
What did posters think of the 5 man forward setup and loose man in defence? At one stage in the last Bont started at CHB and then ran forward.

Bit of a gamble. Gotta hit your man in the forward line otherwise their extra in their defense means they can rebound freely into ours.

All's well that ends well

09-04-2018, 12:23 AM
Nice to see Bevo have Honey and Dahl play close attention to an opposition player. Its not something we have done much in the past but as a developing side I'd like it to continue.

09-04-2018, 01:36 AM
Two weeks in a row I was not able to attend the game unfortunately. Was able to see it on the box, and was super impressed with everything but the goal kicking.

The story of the week will be lacklustre EFC's unwillingness to work hard enough and finish off a side on its knees. Whilst partially true, if you're slightly off at the start of the game you only get to play to the standard the opposition will let you until you step into gear. EFC were only down by a kick at the first change - meaning they responded to our early (first 15 minute) efforts, that we managed to increase our lead to half time and three quarter time after EFC started to get into the game suggested we actually had answers to that escalating effort.

This was a game in which we were bound to give up a couple of easy ones to them, because of the way we moved the ball and the decisions we took to do so. Not sure how it looked at the ground, but it was clear we were willing to take the option that was more difficult, higher risk, but clearly right when setting up from defence. Our outlet kicking wide was excellent, and we managed to bring the ball centre when we needed to. It reminded me a lot of 2016.

One big takeaway from me was the knowledge that Dickson and Redpath, whilst not having a large impact, managed to still get some run into the legs and hands onto the ball. They will be much better for the run and having them didn't hurt us like having some less experienced players would have.

I couldn't be more impressed by Richards. When he gets the footy he looks to run fast and use it with intent. Bailey Williams was cooler than a cucumber, in fact, today he was the guy cucumbers aspire to be.

Bont, Macrae, Suckling, Hunter, Dahl, JJ and even Wood late showed us the leadership through actions we've needed to see. The likes of Daniel, Dunks, McLean, Cordy and Honey played really solid games as that second tier.

From a set-up perspective it looked like we made the ground harder to defend than we have in recent times. WCE made it look like there was plenty of wide space (which they are normally pretty good at doing due to the lack of space Subiaco had wide) and we managed to do the same when we had the footy, but stopped EFC from doing the same which was great.

Wish I was there.

09-04-2018, 04:02 AM
I thought it was Suckling's best game for a while.

09-04-2018, 04:57 AM
I only saw the 2nd half, but there was a lot to like. Our intensity was up. We moved the ball quickly. We harassed and pressured the ball carrier. Do that every week and you are in with a chance.

09-04-2018, 07:58 AM

The things I liked about Williams' game were: 1) his courage. He stood under and marked a number of high balls 2) he hit targets and 3) he has a lot of pace off the mark which helps him break out of congestion. A really impressive game and I hope he builds on this.

09-04-2018, 08:14 AM
I thought it was Suckling's best game for a while.

Yes, agree with that. He played with real purpose and sureity by hand and foot. The entire defensive effort was streets ahead of anything we have shown for some time.

Essendon are supposed to be a really quick side but I thought we matched them in that area. Speed is not just dependent on leg speed but is also very dependent on precision. If the handpass hits the exact spot, if the kick allows the player to run onto the ball - voila! - the ball moves like lightning.

This was our best display - 4 quarter effort - since the GF.

09-04-2018, 08:27 AM
I missed the game yesterday even after buying resevered seats then realising it had a camping trip booked for the same weekend. Idiot!
However I did get watch it on TV. As soon as I saw our intent, willing to tackle and put pressure on the druggies, I knew we were a chance. From the last 2 weeks efforts that was so pleasing to see. We as a club got smashed by the media, social media and even on here, and credit to everyone involved at the club to turn things around so quickly. It's only 1 game but it showed everyone (and I suppose themselves too) that they are on the right track after all. Had we still lost that game there were that many positives to take out of it to build on was pleasing, but to dominate them for 90% of the game and win is *!*!*!*!ing insane. We should of won that by 8+ goals.

The kids were terrific all day but it was how the leaders stood up and worked together that stood out to me. They were smashing in hard from the first bounce and we looked organised.

09-04-2018, 10:00 AM
Shoutouts to Honeychurch and Williams - I have been very critical of both and while I am a long way from convinced, both were superb yesterday. Honeychurch worked incredibly hard all day long and really threw his body into everything.

Williams' reading of the play and marking was a real highlight - he set up so much of our attack and he used the ball well. Didn't see that performance coming.

Redpath and Dickson made a big difference - neither starred but they are forwards who know when and where to lead.

Dunkley is developing into a robust player who is one of the better marks in the game too.

09-04-2018, 10:07 AM
I was at a grandparents 80th birthday...but as soon as the speeches were over, grabbed my 7 year old son and we uber'd into Docklands to get there for the second half - running from car to seat (the boy has his old man covered for endurance).
Thoroughly enjoyed the second half - and glad we made the dash in there. Would have been easy to give this week a miss entirely, but its so sweet beating Essendon (I grew up in Essendon....so as far as people disliking the bombers, I reckon I'm on the podium).

Looking forward to watching the 1st half when I get a chance (although I did catch some on my phone on the drive in!).

I'm liking the roles being given to Honeychurch, and I'm also liking his attack on the footy. Dahlhaus' tenacity was back yesterday - seemed to absolutely relish being back in the midfield, and sent the message to the coaches that he wants to stay there.

Not sure how Macrae was in the first half - but his work ethic in the second half was immense. In the last quarter, the Essendon mids just couldn't match him on his wide searching runs to be an option for his team mates. And his use of the footy continues to be sublime this year.

McLean is a jet.

09-04-2018, 11:38 AM
I was at a grandparents 80th birthday...but as soon as the speeches were over, grabbed my 7 year old son and we uber'd into Docklands to get there for the second half - running from car to seat (the boy has his old man covered for endurance).
Thoroughly enjoyed the second half - and glad we made the dash in there. Would have been easy to give this week a miss entirely, but its so sweet beating Essendon (I grew up in Essendon....so as far as people disliking the bombers, I reckon I'm on the podium).

Looking forward to watching the 1st half when I get a chance (although I did catch some on my phone on the drive in!).

I'm liking the roles being given to Honeychurch, and I'm also liking his attack on the footy. Dahlhaus' tenacity was back yesterday - seemed to absolutely relish being back in the midfield, and sent the message to the coaches that he wants to stay there.

Not sure how Macrae was in the first half - but his work ethic in the second half was immense. In the last quarter, the Essendon mids just couldn't match him on his wide searching runs to be an option for his team mates. And his use of the footy continues to be sublime this year.

McLean is a jet.

Same as he was in the second half, and in all six halfs (except maybe the first half v West Coast) he has played this year. A running, ball gathering machine.

09-04-2018, 11:47 AM
The things I liked about Williams' game were: 1) his courage. He stood under and marked a number of high balls 2) he hit targets and 3) he has a lot of pace off the mark which helps him break out of congestion. A really impressive game and I hope he builds on this.
I've liked him in patches but this was his first real 4 quarter effort.
He is surprisingly good overhead for his height which means we can put him on a medium forward and kill them on the rebound, especially with Wood getting back into intercepting form providing the odd chop-out.
Seemed to get Hooker and Stewart a number of times which really played into our advantage (did he normally take Baguely when we reset the defence?)

09-04-2018, 11:50 AM
Conor Mckenna accused of biting Dickson....Nice.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/essendon-bombers/bomber-could-be-in-hot-water-over-alleged-bite-20180409-p4z8i9.html

09-04-2018, 12:54 PM

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/essendon-bombers/bomber-could-be-in-hot-water-over-alleged-bite-20180409-p4z8i9.html

Love the way Bailey Dale ran up and flew the flag by dragging him off Dickson. If true he should get 4 weeks for a dirty act.

09-04-2018, 03:35 PM

Why isn't afl.com reporting this?

09-04-2018, 03:37 PM

No idea. SEN are.

09-04-2018, 03:40 PM
A great moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEmmYFnx_hY&feature=youtu.be

09-04-2018, 03:54 PM
Love the way Bailey Dale ran up and flew the flag by dragging him off Dickson. If true he should get 4 weeks for a dirty act.

4 weeks? Should be double figures minimum.

09-04-2018, 04:30 PM
A great moment

It's not until you watch it in long shot that you figure out where on earth Caleb Daniel comes flying into the contest from. On the coverage the first you really see of him is when he rolls out from underneath a Essendon player.

09-04-2018, 04:41 PM
A great moment

Sums up how Josh Green plays the game too. Works hard to get on the end of an easy possession /goal. Will not run defensively.

09-04-2018, 05:20 PM

They are, McKenna referred directly to the tribunal.

Zaine offered a week for striking Hooker.

09-04-2018, 05:23 PM
If Zaine had struck Hooker then Hooker would still be out cold. They must be thinking of somebody else.

09-04-2018, 05:33 PM
Geez some of the shit that gets off and our blokes are missing weeks for things no one even saw. Does anyone know what the incident was?

09-04-2018, 05:34 PM
If Zaine had struck Hooker then Hooker would still be out cold. They must be thinking of somebody else.

If it was the sneaky one i caught of during play as the camera panned away then it looked like Cordy was just testing the core strength of Hooker's abs with a friendly jab.....

09-04-2018, 05:36 PM
Geez some of the shit that gets off and our blokes are missing weeks for things no one even saw. Does anyone know what the incident was?

"Cordy was charged with striking Hooker in the first quarter of the Bulldogs' victory at Etihad Stadium on Sunday, with his action assessed as intentional low impact to the head."

09-04-2018, 05:47 PM
If it was the sneaky one i caught of during play as the camera panned away then it looked like Cordy was just testing the core strength of Hooker's abs with a friendly jab.....

"Cordy was charged with striking Hooker in the first quarter of the Bulldogs' victory at Etihad Stadium on Sunday, with his action assessed as intentional low impact to the head."
Maybe it was a little lower than the abs? I'm pretty sure that's where Hookers head is.

09-04-2018, 05:48 PM
I watched the McKenna incident. Didn't look like bugger all just giving him some tongue and cheek in the ear. Didn't look like a bite to me... Has Dickson got a bite mark?

09-04-2018, 05:52 PM
I watched the McKenna incident. Didn't look like bugger all just giving him some tongue and cheek in the ear. Didn't look like a bite to me... Has Dickson got a bite mark?

Dickson is the one that complained, so I assume so.

09-04-2018, 06:01 PM

I read a report today that he complained immediately after, and yes, there was a mark.

09-04-2018, 06:07 PM
Just watching the replay and Dunkley has come of age , strength and Mark wise, he will make a very good forward.
Bigger than he looks.

09-04-2018, 07:08 PM
Just watching the replay and Dunkley has come of age , strength and Mark wise, he will make a very good forward.
Bigger than he looks.

Is there a bit of Jimmy Edmond about him to you ledge? Big kid, strong overhead, shithouse kick but somehow seems to manage to steer 3/4s of his shots on goal through, often comes up with a goal just when we need one just like Jock used to do too.

09-04-2018, 08:00 PM
Hooker is just a disgraceful cheat. Got a tap in the chest, dropped as if he'd been hit by a 303, bounced up like a Jack-in-the -Box and immediately started laying into Zaine really aggressively. I don't think Zaine hit him in the head - sternum maybe. It was off the ball. But really, ffs, I've seen blokes deliver half a dozen jumper punches and .... nothing!!!!

09-04-2018, 08:18 PM
“He had a quiet game on the weekend, so he will be looking to get out there and show the Dogs what they’re missing out on"

- Tom Bellchambers on Jake Stringer, 2018.

Don't know about anyone else, but I didn't see that much that we're missing out on.

09-04-2018, 08:51 PM
“He had a quiet game on the weekend, so he will be looking to get out there and show the Dogs what they’re missing out on"

- Tom Bellchambers on Jake Stringer, 2018.

Don't know about anyone else, but I didn't see that much that we're missing out on.

Memo to Bellchambers - we definitely do NOT miss the lazy showboat who only plays on his terms.

09-04-2018, 09:34 PM
Did anyone notice the lack of support for Stringer when he did goal in the last quarter. Subdued high fives from Parish and Myers and nothing from any other player.

Would that give the appearance of a happy and harmonious playing group?

09-04-2018, 10:21 PM
Did anyone notice the lack of support for Stringer when he did goal in the last quarter. Subdued high fives from Parish and Myers and nothing from any other player.

How did our players respond to him post-siren?

09-04-2018, 10:29 PM

Looked ok to me on the TV, most had a few words with him and he spent some time talking to JJ. No hard feeling from our guys :cool:

09-04-2018, 10:44 PM

They've only just realised they have been sold a pup? (Pun very much intended!)

After the players had been gathered in a group for a while most of them went over in dribs and drabs to where Jake was as they left the ground and spoke to him. It all seemed pretty civil.

10-04-2018, 12:03 AM
The cherry on the icing on the cake of beating these turds was slack-jawed Lloyd's huffy little dummy spit on Footy Classified this eve, potting the club, the coach, the captain and the 'leaders'.

10-04-2018, 12:07 AM
The cherry on the icing on the cake of beating these turds was slack-jawed Lloyd's huffy little dummy spit on Footy Classified this eve, potting the club, the coach, the captain and the 'leaders'.

I saw that, what an idiot. His paper talked up Essendon the entire Summer with story after story.

edit: sorry I some how thought you were talking about Slobbo. He also lost it on AFL360

10-04-2018, 12:20 AM
Does Essendon look long and hard at whether Dodoro is doing the job they need him to do? Once again Essendon have been torched by a side that moved the ball quickly but did they address their need for quick players in the draft period? No they didn't. They got an overweight forward (and they have convinced themselves he will play midfield) and two players that don't really have a position in Smith and Saad. No outside pace there. It seems like they gave just scooped up whoever was available without giving much thought to how those players will improve the team.

10-04-2018, 08:38 AM
Does Essendon look long and hard at whether Dodoro is doing the job they need him to do? Once again Essendon have been torched by a side that moved the ball quickly but did they address their need for quick players in the draft period? No they didn't. They got an overweight forward (and they have convinced themselves he will play midfield) and two players that don't really have a position in Smith and Saad. No outside pace there. It seems like they gave just scooped up whoever was available without giving much thought to how those players will improve the team.

Not that impressed by Smith. He is a good fit for Essendon though. Downhill skier, overrated, $hit haircut. Oh, and scared of the contest.

10-04-2018, 10:14 AM
Not that impressed by Smith. He is a good fit for Essendon though. Downhill skier, overrated, $hit haircut. Oh, and scared of the contest.

Every media scribe thought Essendon did a great job recruiting. Smith just ok, Saad can’t defend and Stringer is no midfielder. They really need some grunt in the midfield but just haven’t got it.

10-04-2018, 10:21 AM
JJ had a long chat, Dunkley went out of his way to say hello.
Apart from that he was pretty much just another player.

10-04-2018, 10:23 AM
Every media scribe thought Essendon did a great job recruiting. Smith just ok, Saad can’t defend and Stringer is no midfielder. They really need some grunt in the midfield but just haven’t got it.
Amazing they didn't chase Matthew Kennedy who ended up at Carlton for pick 28. Exactly the type of player they need.

10-04-2018, 11:06 AM
Coaches votes

WESTERN BULLDOGS v ESSENDON
10 Lachie Hunter (WB)
7 Bailey Williams (WB)
4 Jack Macrae (WB)
3 Zaine Cordy (WB)
3 Toby McLean (WB)
2 Matthew Suckling (WB)
1 Luke Dahlhaus (WB)

10-04-2018, 11:52 AM
They 'win' trade week every year - it's all they've ever won the last 15 years.

10-04-2018, 02:04 PM
They 'win' trade week every year - it's all they've ever won the last 15 years.

It is so much easier than winning an actual final.

10-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Was great on Sunday seeing JJ run of half back and Wood playing the critical role down in defence.

10-04-2018, 08:51 PM
This make me happy :)

https://youtu.be/DsMFCQmaMLc (https://youtu.be/DsMFCQmaMLc)

10-04-2018, 09:52 PM
This make me happy :)

https://youtu.be/DsMFCQmaMLc (https://youtu.be/DsMFCQmaMLc)

If ever you need reminding of which club Luke Darcy played 200 games with and what club his dear old dad played for as well you just have to listen to the joy and relief in his voice as he describes the replay and the snafu that Daniher made of a relatively straightforward handball (I reckon his idea was sound, he just stuffed up the delivery). Darce is usually pretty unbiased but at moments like that I guess it's hard to keep your supporters hat forcing itself onto your head.

How good is that McKenna kid? The mark and kick to Daniher from the boundary is a bewdy. Then he handballs it to the Bont for Maclean's goal.

NoseBleed
11-04-2018, 03:09 AM
I love that Daniel didn't give up or back off, and executed the tackle without a free.

I cant remember seeing one of our players run that far, take three bounces, and execute the finish in a long long time.

If that had been Buddy or Cyril, it would be Goal of The Year (For that week at least)

Beautiful. Aisles filled with Bombers fans seconds later.

11-04-2018, 10:16 AM
I love that Daniel didn't give up or back off, and executed the tackle without a free.

If you look at the top right corner around when Daniher is marking the ball, Daniel is running towards the goals, it was a huge effort to get there and just goes to show, never give up as you don't know what is going to happen.

I also like the way Naughty let Daniher know about it.

11-04-2018, 03:42 PM
Just got back from North Korea, don’t know what’s better; surviving or seeing we’ve beaten the drug cheats.

Incidentally, we’ve now got an extra 25 million red, white and blue supporters :)

11-04-2018, 03:50 PM
Just got back from North Korea, don’t know what’s better; surviving or seeing we’ve beaten the drug cheats.

Incidentally, we’ve now got an extra 25 million red, white and blue supporters :)

Good work reload. Did you sign them all up as members?

11-04-2018, 06:39 PM

I won't even ask what you were doing there.

11-04-2018, 06:43 PM
I won't even ask what you were doing there.

Making a Lego likeness of Dear Leader I guess.

11-04-2018, 06:56 PM
Making a Lego likeness of Dear Leader I guess.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Dreamweb/Various/JointSecurityArea/09.jpg

11-04-2018, 08:26 PM
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Dreamweb/Various/JointSecurityArea/09.jpg

I love how you just happened to have a picture of King Jong Un in Lego just standing by. :cool:

12-04-2018, 02:43 AM
I saw that, what an idiot. His paper talked up Essendon the entire Summer with story after story.

edit: sorry I some how thought you were talking about Slobbo. He also lost it on AFL360

Wasn't slobbo just great! I thought his head was going to explode. I loved it when he said that he looks at the talent on Essendon's list compared to the talent on the bulldogs list and can't believe that Essendon lost. They lost in every facet of the game!! He actually believes they have a better list than a team that won the flag 18 months ago. We have been horribly down on form but come on slobbo your gotta stop reading your own shite you put in the HS.