PDA

View Full Version : Eddie McGuire comes to save us all

Ghost Dog
06-04-2018, 07:50 PM
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/eddie-mcguire-headlines-afl-s-new-competition-committee-20180406-p4z88b.html

AFL new competition committee. Wonder what idiocy they are going to dream up. And who is going to represent the supporters?

"AFL says they want each club represented "at some point in the future". So that means, Bulldogs come last. :p

Rocket Science
06-04-2018, 08:16 PM
Circa AFEL.com ...

"Carlton (irrelevant), Essendon (persona non grata) , Fremantle ( ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ), Greater Western Sydney (they'll get looked after regardless), Melbourne, St Kilda and the Western Bulldogs are all not represented."

Those without a seat at the table are a real who's who of take what you're given.

And THANK GOD Dangerfield gets another platform. We don't see enough of him.

Sedat
06-04-2018, 08:50 PM
Geelong with 2 representatives - looking forward to more of my taxes being used to fund their pissant little toy stadium. Clearly $100m not enough tax payer funded money.

Twodogs
06-04-2018, 09:01 PM
Geelong with 2 representatives - looking forward to more of my taxes being used to fund their pissant little toy stadium. Clearly $100m not enough tax payer funded money.

Along with Steve Hocking effectively having a veto on who gets on the committee in the future. I will say it again but the AFL are out of control. It's the conceit and arrogance of the AFL commission and the CEO that are the clear and present danger to the game.

One club has two delegates representing Geelong on it but seven other clubs miss out.

azabob
06-04-2018, 09:23 PM
Along with Steve Hocking effectively having a veto on who gets on the committee in the future. I will say it again but the AFL are out of control. It's the conceit and arrogance of the AFL commission and the CEO that are the clear and present danger to the game.

One club has two delegates representing Geelong on it but seven other clubs miss out.

Could it be argued they have 3? Ex player, ex footy admin in Steve Hocking chairing said committee?

Twodogs
06-04-2018, 09:31 PM
Could it be argued they have 3? Ex player, ex footy admin in Steve Hocking chairing said committee?

Ummmm

bornadog
06-04-2018, 09:56 PM
What is this committee supposed to do? Ruin AFL even more

I propose we reverse all the rules made up over the past 25 years.

Doc26
06-04-2018, 09:58 PM

Justin Reeves was also Geelong's Chief Commercial Manager up until November last year before becoming CEO at Hawthorn.

It's a Geelong's who's who.

azabob
07-04-2018, 01:45 PM
Ummmm

Ummmmm...... in your post you made no mention of his allegence so I pointed it out.

Twodogs
07-04-2018, 03:22 PM
Ummmmm...... in your post you made no mention of his allegence so I pointed it out.

Oh I see. I made an assumption didn't I?

I didn't even realise I'd done it, for one thing I was trying very hard not to write Garry Hocking. Steve Hocking must be the most ordinary 199 game player of all time. No B&Fs or runners up, no goalkicking awards or premierships. He is a four time "Most Determined" award winner though that's a pretty exclusive club at Geelong I have heard.