PDA

View Full Version : Always Right Match Committee - Round 7, vs Gold Coast Suns

Eastdog
15-04-2018, 01:48 AM
Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. This has been named after a long time WOOF member who tragically passed away in March 2018.

Always Right (https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?17881-Vale-always-right)

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 7, 2018 match against the Gold Coast Suns at Eureka Stadium?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
27-04-2018, 10:09 PM
Big game for us.

angelopetraglia
27-04-2018, 11:47 PM
English needs a rest. Roughead in.

Mantis
27-04-2018, 11:47 PM
Not sure who can come in yet, but would think that English (needs a rest), Dunkley and Jong would struggle to retain their place in the team.

LostDoggy
27-04-2018, 11:54 PM
My immediate reaction from tonight is that English, Dahlhaus and Dunkley are those in need of a rest/time at Footscray.

angelopetraglia
28-04-2018, 12:12 AM
Dahlhaus 21 touches. 4 tackles. 9 contested possessions. 5 clearances (the most for us). Not at his best but definitely in our best 22.

Mofra
28-04-2018, 12:13 AM
Not sure who can come in yet, but would think that English (needs a rest), Dunkley and Jong would struggle to retain their place in the team.
God Dunkley is a hard one. Took some very impressive marks around the ground and seemed to screw almost everything else up.

Given we have a VFL bye, who comes in?

westdog54
28-04-2018, 12:33 AM
We can count Bailey Williams as an out fairly safely. That was a clumsy tackle.

Remi Moses
28-04-2018, 12:35 AM
He can’t go for that surely
Although we seem to have every player get suspended.

LostDoggy
28-04-2018, 12:38 AM
We can count Bailey Williams as an out fairly safely. That was a clumsy tackle.

That tackle got a lot of TV scrutiny. They all thought he'd get a fine at worst.

bornadog
28-04-2018, 01:05 AM
That tackle got a lot of TV scrutiny. They all thought he'd get a fine at worst.

How ridiculous, what can he do, place the guy gently on the ground? The players skill errors were bad and the umpiring was worse.

The bulldog tragician
28-04-2018, 01:09 AM
How ridiculous, what can he do, place the guy gently on the ground? The players skill errors were bad and the umpiring was worse.

Why was that goal by Carlton in the last qtr which appeared to be touched not reviewed?

jeemak
28-04-2018, 02:42 AM
Why was that goal by Carlton in the last qtr which appeared to be touched not reviewed?

It would have been, but after the highly scrutinised McLean goal that was allowed after a review but not overturned it was always going to be called a goal.

Williams will get offered a week.

westdog54
28-04-2018, 04:12 AM

Once you pick a player up in a tackle, which Williams did, you basically have a responsibility to bring him down safely. Looking at the replay I thought it looked bad.

In rugby he would have been shown a yellow card.

Twodogs
28-04-2018, 07:51 AM
Once you pick a player up in a tackle, which Williams did, you basically have a responsibility to bring him down safely. Looking at the replay I thought it looked bad.

in rugby he would have been shown a yellow card.

I agree.

Mantis
28-04-2018, 08:38 AM

In rugby he would have been shown a yellow card.

I can't agree with your views, I thought he let him go before he hit the ground.. It could've been much worse when he had him the air, but I thought he his care for the player was fine.

Worth a free, but that's all.

LostDoggy
28-04-2018, 09:24 AM
I can't agree with your views, I thought he let him go before he hit the ground.. It could've been much worse when he had him the air, but I thought he his care for the player was fine.

Worth a free, but that's all.
That's pretty much what the commentators said. Because he let him go prior to impact with the ground, and the player was unharmed (played the game out fine), then he wouldn't get a suspension.

lemmon
28-04-2018, 10:29 AM
In- Roughead
Out- Jong

I think English needs some help around the contest but I'd be loathed to rest him considering how good he's been around the ground.

I wouldn't mind Roughead in to shoulder a lot of the ruck, English playing a pretty high forward role and 30% ruck time with Boyd playing predominantly close to goal.

SlimPickens
28-04-2018, 10:36 AM
Out: Dunkley, English
In: Roughead, Trengove

Dunkley has been poor for a number of weeks. English is knackered (8 day break may save him), i would also consider resting Naughton.

Roughead to ruck, Trengove Fwd/Ruck, leave Boyd at home in the 50.

Happy Days
28-04-2018, 12:27 PM
English got bathed by ANDREW PHILLIPS he needs to be dropped, forget rested.

Pickenitup
28-04-2018, 12:37 PM
Roughy has a hammy won't play next week.

Twodogs
28-04-2018, 12:50 PM

Phillips isn't the biggest dud I've ever seen. I've seen a lot of footy though...

Seriously Phillpios wasn't terrible last week against Nic Nat.

bornadog
28-04-2018, 01:12 PM

Maybe with hitouts, but Bevo knows that and is not worried. It's a matter of winning the next touch.

GVGjr
28-04-2018, 01:25 PM
Could Trengove rather than Roughead be a chance to be included so that English can get a rest?
Despite some decent efforts last night, and some poor delivery to him, the stats say English had a howler with just 1 kick, no marks and that he was well beaten by a back-up but decent ruckman.

The question about of if we rest him really comes down to the match-ups because this week it's against Witts or the following week against Martin. Martin with his mobility might be the harder match-up for him.

G-Mo77
28-04-2018, 03:51 PM
Williams was cleared. Surely an error by the MRP, lets give Ian Collins a call.

The bulldog tragician
28-04-2018, 04:30 PM

Even in jest this makes me nauseous

Twodogs
28-04-2018, 04:32 PM

It's a fairly common surname. Are you sure they were talking about our Williams?

angelopetraglia
28-04-2018, 04:45 PM
Roughy has a hammy won't play next week.

Seriously? Is he put together with rubber bands? His body is not standing up to the rigours of the game.

Doc26
28-04-2018, 04:48 PM
It's a fairly common surname. Are you sure they were talking about our Williams?

Not unless Patrick Keane from the AFL is posting up fake Twitter news.

Bailey Williams cleared contact Z Fisher. A free kick was paid at time for dangerous tackle. Match Review said while tackle was careless and free correctly paid, it was his view there was not enough force in the tackle to constitute a charge being laid. No further action taken.

Overdue for some good news out of Hocking and Christian.

westdog54
28-04-2018, 04:50 PM
He's fortunate. I'll take it.

bornadog
28-04-2018, 04:55 PM

So he should have been, it was just a tackle and he didn't slam him into the ground. Sanity prevails.

Twodogs
28-04-2018, 05:20 PM
Seriously? Is he put together with rubber bands? His body is not standing up to the rigours of the game.

Yep. Those cheap and nasty rubber bands from the 2 dollar shop too.

Not unless Patrick Keane from the AFL is posting up fake Twitter news.

Overdue for some good news out of Hocking and Christian.

Hang on I will check with Donad. I'm a Twitter friend of his

So he should have been, it was just a tackle and he didn't slam him into the ground. Sanity prevails.

I wouldn't bet on that happening again any time soon.

G-Mo77
28-04-2018, 05:50 PM
Even in jest this makes me nauseous

LOL. Yeah it's still raw. Apologies. :D

westbulldog
29-04-2018, 12:49 PM
In Young to help counter the probable Lynch factor down back.
Out Dunkley, has all the ability in the world but not doing enough lately.

LostDoggy
30-04-2018, 08:55 AM
Out Dunkley, has all the ability in the world but not doing enough lately.

The notion of Naughton, Cordy and Young all playing back (along with Wood) is an interesting one. 3 talls is a concern but all of these guys are fairly mobile. I wouldn't mind seeing how it goes. Maybe one of them could have a period going forward.

Mantis
30-04-2018, 09:48 AM
In: Young, Campbell

Not sure who is fit in the big man stakes so any of Cambpbell, Roughead or Trengove can come in to give Tim a spell. Would like Young to play on Lynch would Naughton to assist, Lynch having a day out looks a major concern so we should be looking to double team him where posible.

Jong & Crozier would probably be next out, but not much to come in.

bornadog
30-04-2018, 10:06 AM
In: Young, Campbell

Not sure who is fit in the big man stakes so any of Cambpbell, Roughead or Trengove can come in to give Tim a spell. Would like Young to play on Lynch would Naughton to assist, Lynch having a day out looks a major concern so we should be looking to double team him where posible.

Jong & Crozier would probably be next out, but not much to come in.

Roughead has a slight hammy.

Mofra
30-04-2018, 11:06 AM
The notion of Naughton, Cordy and Young all playing back (along with Wood) is an interesting one. 3 talls is a concern but all of these guys are fairly mobile. I wouldn't mind seeing how it goes. Maybe one of them could have a period going forward.
Wood is 186cm so playing on someone closer to his height isn't a concern, and Cordy can play mid sized as well.
The issue is sacrificing run out of the backline - if Wood plays more attacking we might get away with it but it's a big IF.

Or Cordy/Young have the odd spell forward, especially if Boyd is in the ruck and English rests on the pine.

Mofra
30-04-2018, 11:10 AM
Maybe with hitouts, but Bevo knows that and is not worried. It's a matter of winning the next touch.
Phillips 7 touches, English 10 touches. A little better but not much, surprising because at the game English had a couple of beautiful pick up and handballs so I thought his numbers would have been a little higher.

I'd like to see English have his workload reduced but not dropped.
Perhaps with people wanting extra defensive cover, Trengove comes in to play back at times, then he plays a little ruck to reduce English's workload any allow Body to spend more time forward (Boyd rucks a bit too)?

bornadog
30-04-2018, 12:18 PM
Phillips 7 touches, English 10 touches. A little better but not much, surprising because at the game English had a couple of beautiful pick up and handballs so I thought his numbers would have been a little higher.

I'd like to see English have his workload reduced but not dropped.
Perhaps with people wanting extra defensive cover, Trengove comes in to play back at times, then he plays a little ruck to reduce English's workload any allow Body to spend more time forward (Boyd rucks a bit too)?

I agree Moff. On Friday there was a glaring hole when Boyd went into the ruck, and English to the bench. English struggled a bit around the ground, and I think he looked tired. The young man is shouldering a huge load at the moment.

Mofra
30-04-2018, 12:27 PM
I agree Moff. On Friday there was a glaring hole when Boyd went into the ruck, and English to the bench. English struggled a bit around the ground, and I think he looked tired. The young man is shouldering a huge load at the moment.
He's going to need to be managed sooner or later, I'd hate him to end up like Josh Fraser.

whythelongface
30-04-2018, 02:03 PM

Agree. He is shouldering a huge load. For a 2nd year ruckman that is a concern. I am all for players being given as much opportunity and game time as possible but also that player's are managed, especially those so young. Hopefully Roughead, Campbell or Trengrove are inclusions and English is either rested or is provided with ample support.

I like what I have seen thus far from English and he shows all the signs of being a quality player for us in the long term.

soupman
30-04-2018, 04:19 PM

Not sure why people consider Young the man to stand on Lynch. Honestly of the 5 tallish options we have to play on Lynch (Cordy, Naughton, Trengrove, Wood and Young) I think Young is the least equipped to play on him. He excelled last year not in a shut down role, but in an intercept defender role where he could fly for marks and not worry too much about his opponent.

He got demolished in one of the few games where he played a lock down role (GWS) and almost every game he played in demonstrated a lack of awareness in bodywork and positioning if the ball was kicked somewhere where he couldn't get a free run and jump at it. He repeatedly got caught as a sitting duck underneath a high ball to get crunched, and was outbodied easily by any key position player. I even remember him playing VFL and getting outbodied by Shai Bolton.

Naughton has demonstated already that he is much better equipped with the physicality required of being a key defender, and Cordy is quite effective as well. One of them or Trengrove will get the job, and if Young does come in it will be play on a mid sized forward who he can expose aerially.

FrediKanoute
30-04-2018, 05:05 PM
Its a tough one with English. Clearly fast forward 2 seasons and he will probably win a brownlow. Right now though he is up and down, like a developing tall should be. I agree though its a glaring hole that is created up forward when he goes into the ruck. Leave Boyd at FF and he will kick a bag, especially if he presents like he did on Friday!

bornadog
30-04-2018, 05:14 PM
Easton Wood out with a Hammy - misses 2 to 3

angelopetraglia
30-04-2018, 05:23 PM
Easton Wood out with a Hammy - misses 2 to 3

F%^&! ..... you can't make this stuff up. Can we go one week without losing a key player?

Older, stronger players who are now out.

Libba
Morris
Wood
Redpath
Dicko
Picken
Clay

bornadog
30-04-2018, 05:34 PM
In: Young, Trengove

Out: Wood, Dunkley

Ozza
30-04-2018, 10:19 PM
Dunkley has had 2 bad weeks - but even on his bad days, he is still an excellent aerial target for us. I’d prefer we stick with him and back him in to turn it around.

In: Trengove
Out: Wood.

GVGjr
01-05-2018, 04:04 AM
In: Young, Trengove

Out: Wood, Dunkley

I'd like to bring in Young because his form warrants it but to me it would also need to be for Richards not Wood.
Trengove or Roberts would be next in line
I think Crozier needs to Wood and it might be an experiment with a bit of risk

Dunkley probably stays but it's mainly a question about our depth.

English will need to be rested either this week or next. I fear we will play him one game too many and he will cop an injury.

Wood and Richards out
Young and Biggs in
Porter an outside chance

The Underdog
01-05-2018, 08:52 AM
I'd like to bring in Young because his form warrants it but to me it would also need to be for Richards not Wood.
Trengove or Roberts would be next in line
I think Crozier needs to Wood and it might be an experiment with a bit of risk

Dunkley probably stays but it's mainly a question about our depth.

English will need to be rested either this week or next. I fear we will play him one game too many and he will cop an injury.

Wood and Richards out
Young and Biggs in
Porter an outside chance

Do we hold out another week with English, in the hope that Roughead is ready for Brisbane.

Bulldog4life
01-05-2018, 10:42 AM
Dunkley has had 2 bad weeks - but even on his bad days, he is still an excellent aerial target for us. I’d prefer we stick with him and back him in to turn it around.

In: Trengove
Out: Wood.

Agree with this.

Sedat
01-05-2018, 01:08 PM
Tom Lynch out for a month. Will change our ins you'd imagine.

The Pie Man
01-05-2018, 01:10 PM
Feel bad, I just loudly cheered that Lynch news in the car :o

Sedat
01-05-2018, 01:13 PM
Steven May out as well

bornadog
01-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Tom Lynch out for a month. Will change our ins you'd imagine.

Steven May out as well

Yes !!! - whoops sorry.

That helps

jeemak
01-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Do we hold out another week with English, in the hope that Roughead is ready for Brisbane.

He will have the benefit of a full seven day break this week. It might be enough to get him through, but I mentioned in the game day thread Friday night that he clearly looked cooked.

That May and Lynch are both out is huge news for us. I have been quietly concerned about this game, this eases my mind somewhat.

Testekill
01-05-2018, 01:46 PM
No May or Lynch which are massive outs for the Suns. Means that their best tall forward is Peter Wright who hasn't even played this season.

bornadog
01-05-2018, 01:59 PM
No May or Lynch which are massive outs for the Suns. Means that their best tall forward is Peter Wright who hasn't even played this season.

Has had a calf injury and is listed as Test.

Axe Man
01-05-2018, 02:10 PM

Has had a calf injury and is listed as Test.

Wright played his first game of the year in the NEAFL on the weekend and is now listed as available so you would expect he would come in and partner Sam Day as their key forwards.

Twodogs
01-05-2018, 02:16 PM
Feel bad, I just loudly cheered that Lynch news in the car :o

Yes !!! - whoops sorry.

That helps

Maybe for Lynch. The rules don't apply to May,

The Adelaide Connection
01-05-2018, 02:20 PM
Wright played his first game of the year in the NEAFL on the weekend and is now listed as available so you would expect he would come in and partner Sam Day as their key forwards.

I think it could be a case of "be careful what you wish for". A forwardline with two metre Peter and Day is nothing to sneeze at and, as much of a gun as Lynch is, maybe the Lynch that has been fairly average for a few weeks (running around with a sore knee) was a better proposition than a fit Wright.

Bring the skill level from the first half of the Sydney game and finish the hard work to apply some scoreboard pressure and we should be right no matter who they play. Oh, and someone run with Swallow.

angelopetraglia
01-05-2018, 03:22 PM
"The news did get better at Suns HQ with key forward Peter Wright to play his first game of the season in the NEAFL on Saturday, while Callum Ah Chee’s successful return continued as he completed his second game back in the NEAFL to put him in the frame for selection in the senior team."

Wright will play his first game in the NEAFL this weekend, not in the AFL.

We can't complain too much about injuries when they lose their two best players and Co-Captains.

Axe Man
01-05-2018, 03:53 PM
"The news did get better at Suns HQ with key forward Peter Wright to play his first game of the season in the NEAFL on Saturday, while Callum Ah Chee’s successful return continued as he completed his second game back in the NEAFL to put him in the frame for selection in the senior team."

We can't complain too much about injuries when they lose their two best players and Co-Captains.

Right you are, I read an article from a week ago saying he was coming back in the NEAFL and assumed it happened on the weekend when in fact he returns this coming weekend.

bornadog
01-05-2018, 06:00 PM
The Bont to Captain on Saturday

Twodogs
01-05-2018, 06:08 PM
Right you are, I read an article from a week ago saying he was coming back in the NEAFL and assumed it happened on the weekend when in fact he returns this coming weekend.

It's usually a fairly safe assumption that if anything goes wrong then it's us who are at the pointy end but not this time.

Of course it's only Tuesday,

Rocco Jones
01-05-2018, 06:54 PM

Yep. Lynch and May out is absolutely massive.

bulldogsthru&thru
01-05-2018, 07:50 PM
Wow Lynch out is a huge help

GVGjr
01-05-2018, 08:08 PM

Potentially we could go with Trengove if Roughy isn't ready. I wonder if English is more likely to perform well against Witts as he is with Martin the week after?

Rocco Jones
01-05-2018, 08:45 PM
There was some mention of Dunkley being dropped. He leads the team in contested possessions and tackles inside 50 and is second in contested marks and marks inside 50. He is basically playing like a key-forward/one of our main targets.

Rocco Jones
01-05-2018, 08:47 PM
I would go with Trengove in. He can support English in the ruck/Boyd up forward/switch down back. A senior body and mind to replace Wood as well.

English struggles at times but so does Roughy. English already shows more upside than Roughy. I think we should be open to swapping them around but Roughy has to play well in the VFL/English show he needs to be dropped.

kruder
02-05-2018, 10:02 PM
I remember late last year when West Coast announced early in the week they had half their team out we all counted the win and got done. We still have to be at our best for this one, its not gonna be pretty but have to get the win.

Axe Man
03-05-2018, 06:31 PM
Suns to debut 2 big blokes on Saturday:

Goldcoastfc.com.au can reveal two first-year SUNS will make their AFL debuts this weekend when the side takes on Western Bulldogs in Ballarat on Saturday.

Charlie Ballard and SUNS Academy product Brayden Crossley have been called into the side to cover the dual injuries of captains Tom Lynch and Steven May.

chef
03-05-2018, 07:44 PM
Young in. Nice.

G-Mo77
03-05-2018, 07:58 PM
Lol. If we can't win this we may as well pack it in for the year and 2019.

westdog54
03-05-2018, 08:04 PM
One change: Lewis Young replaces Easton Wood.

Eastdog
03-05-2018, 08:14 PM
Good luck Lewis. Was very good on his debut. Found it tougher in the other games but another good challenge on Saturday. Great that Lynch is not playing.

Eastdog
03-05-2018, 08:25 PM
http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-05-03/team-news-round-7?camefrom=EMCL_2254438_97272874

TEAM NEWS: One change for Ballarat clash
Katie de Haer
3 May 2018 5:15 PM

The Western Bulldogs have made one change to their side ahead of Saturday’s clash with the Gold Coast Suns at Mars Stadium in Ballarat.

Captain Easton Wood will miss after suffering a hamstring injury in the Bulldogs’ win over Carlton and has been replaced by defender Lewis Young, who is set to play his first senior match since Round 23 last year.

Jackson Trengove, Lukas Webb, Mitch Honeychurch and Roarke Smith have been named as emergencies.

Vice captain Marcus Bontempelli will stand in as skipper in place of Wood, the second time in his career that he will lead the side out.

Bontempelli currently holds the record for the youngest winning captain in the game’s history when in Round 11, 2016, he lead the Dogs to an eight point win over the West Coast Eagles at 20 years and 194 days of age.

The Bulldogs have won the last four contests between the two sides, and it’ll be the first time the pair have met in Victoria since Round 3, 2011.

Bouncedown is at 1:45pm at Mars Stadium.

Click here for ticketing and match information.

AFL Round 7 Western Bulldogs v Gold Coast Suns
Saturday 5 May 2018, 1:45pm AEST
Venue: Mars Stadium

Full back M Suckling A Naughton Z Cordy
Half back J Johannisen L Young H Crozier
Centreline B Williams L Hunter E Richards
Half forward J Dunkley M Bontempelli M Wallis
Full forward L Dahlhaus T Boyd B Gowers
Followers T English T McLean J Macrae
Interchange P Lipinski B Dale C Daniel
L Jong
Emergencies R Smith J Trengove L Webb
M Honeychurch
IN: L Young
OUT: E Wood (hamstring)

Exclusive to westernbulldogs.com.au

Twodogs
03-05-2018, 08:27 PM
Lewie in is good. He's going to have a big night.

bornadog
03-05-2018, 08:36 PM
Lewie in is good. He's going to have a big night.

I hope he is ok in the daytime as well. :D:D:D

The Underdog
03-05-2018, 08:48 PM
I know it’s probably irrelevant, but how the *!*!*!*! is Roarke Smith an emergency coming off an injury?

bornadog
03-05-2018, 08:53 PM
looks like English will have to play a big game again

Twodogs
03-05-2018, 09:21 PM
I hope he is ok in the daytime as well. :D:D:D

He's rushing back to Melbourne to play in the twos! ;)

Mantis
03-05-2018, 10:25 PM
I know it’s probably irrelevant, but how the *!*!*!*! is Roarke Smith an emergency coming off an injury?

Probably don't have anyone else to choose from besides guys who are 6'6"+.

Axe Man
03-05-2018, 10:36 PM

R Smith, might be Rohan? :)

Twodogs
03-05-2018, 10:41 PM
R Smith, might be Rohan? :)

It could even be either of the Ross Smiths!

Sedat
03-05-2018, 11:44 PM
I seem to recall Stephen Tiller going straight from Willianstown 2nds to Bulldogs seniors in one week back in the mid 00's. From memory Josh Hill might have also done the same very early in his career.

Twodogs
04-05-2018, 12:03 AM
I seem to recall Stephen Tiller going straight from Willianstown 2nds to Bulldogs seniors in one week back in the mid 00's. From memory Josh Hill might have also done the same very early in his career.

Im pretty sure it was Jarryd Harbrow that went from VFL seconds to AFL. I can remember Rocket complaining about it.

I think it was Matt Byrachevski (?) who went from playing for Parkside to Footscray U19s to Footscray reserves to Footscray seniors inside a month. Lasted a couple of weeks then dropped back to the twos for a bit and was back playing at Parkside by the end of the season. Must have been very late 70s or early '80s.

The Pie Man
04-05-2018, 11:34 AM
Probably don't have anyone else to choose from besides guys who are 6'6"+.

Biggs?

bornadog
04-05-2018, 11:45 AM
We will have only 4 players with more than 100 games this week, and again none over 150.

6 PLayers with less than 10 games each.

The Underdog
04-05-2018, 11:56 AM
Biggs?

That was my first thought. Again, I don’t imagine it matters but it’s odd.

The Pie Man
04-05-2018, 12:58 PM
That was my first thought. Again, I don’t imagine it matters but it’s odd.

I’m surprised he wasn’t brought in, let alone first 28.

Would’ve looked at Trengove as first ruck this week too.

But in Bevo etc..

LostDoggy
04-05-2018, 01:10 PM
Im pretty sure it was Jarryd Harbrow that went from VFL seconds to AFL. I can remember Rocket complaining about it.

I think it was Matt Byrachevski (?) who went from playing for Parkside to Footscray U19s to Footscray reserves to Footscray seniors inside a month. Lasted a couple of weeks then dropped back to the twos for a bit and was back playing at Parkside by the end of the season. Must have been very late 70s or early '80s.

Bit like Ron James going straight from the Williamstown juniors into the Senior team for a Grand Final as a 14 year old - bet we'll never see that again.

Bulldog4life
04-05-2018, 02:26 PM
We will have only 4 players with more than 100 games this week, and again none over 150.

6 PLayers with less than 10 games each.

Good. Get the games into the youngsters.

Mofra
04-05-2018, 02:52 PM
I'm really interested to see how Cordy, Naughton and Young all play together as it seems an odds-on bet that that will be our trio of tall backman that will be developed together and will form our defensive nucleus (with Richards, Williams and a rotating mix of D6 & D7 spots) for the better part of the next decade.

Yes that deliberately excludes Trengove/Adams/Collins/Roberts from the conversation, with reason.

Eastdog
04-05-2018, 02:54 PM

Yes very important I think. Better to give them the experience now although it would be nice to have the experience of Morris and Picken in our side.

Morris would really be a strong leader for our young defenders to learn from. We have tried hard down back this year but it has been a struggle.

Marcus Adams is another player we really need down there as well. He just needs some luck with the injuries.

LostDoggy
04-05-2018, 03:04 PM
I'm really interested to see how Cordy, Naughton and Young all play together as it seems an odds-on bet that that will be our trio of tall backman that will be developed together and will form our defensive nucleus (with Richards, Williams and a rotating mix of D6 & D7 spots) for the better part of the next decade.

Yes that deliberately excludes Trengove/Adams/Collins/Roberts from the conversation, with reason.

With GCS naming debutantes to replace Lynch and May, it's a great opportunity for our talls - they may even have a collective experience edge for once. Brizzie are also playing kids in key roles so it'd be a good fortnight for these 3 to work together and see what they can do.

bornadog
04-05-2018, 05:21 PM
Interesting Press Conference from Bevo: http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2018-05-04/press-conference-luke-beveridge-rd7