PDA

View Full Version : Bankers And Anchors - Round 6, 2018 vs Carlton

Eastdog
15-04-2018, 01:49 AM
This is the round 7, 2018 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against Gold Coast Suns is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

GVGjr
27-04-2018, 10:08 PM
Bump

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
28-04-2018, 12:06 AM
In an ordinary game these are my observations

Bankers
1 Macrae best on ..but as per the night still mucked a couple up
2 . Gowers - brain fart aside..and despite his deficiencies he performed his role
3. Williams he's gonna be ok.

Anchors.
3. Crozier . I just don't see what he adds or why he's automatically best 22.
2. Skills. Just putrid. Goalkicking and first touch. If we played any mid table side tonigh, we lose.
3. Barrett. He's just a flog. Not relevant? Don't care, his if/then garbage today had no football relevance but immediately tainted any level of performance from the Dogs tonight from a news perspective. Shit journalism.

Mofra
28-04-2018, 12:09 AM
Bankers:
- We saw a different Bailey Dale tonight, one that actually applies defensive pressure. He was a different player.
- Bont's defensive game was excellent and better than anything else he's produced this year
- Tom Boyd looked dangerous in the first half, and Gowers is looking comfortable at AFL level

Anchors:
- Jong fumbled everything he went near tonight. He wasn't alone, Dunkley too, but it was at critical stages
- Richards can look great and terrible in the same passage of play. I expect him to be a completely different player after 1-2 pre-seasons
- 4 posters in a quarter. 2 of them at least should have been goals.

Bulldog Revolution
28-04-2018, 12:15 AM
Bankers:
- We saw a different Bailey Dale tonight, one that actually applies defensive pressure. He was a different player.

Yeah - that was a really positive sign in his game

If he can play like that, then he really has a future

Ozza
28-04-2018, 12:39 AM
If someone could tell me the result of this game - I’ll make my decision on whether to head to Ballarat on Saturday.....

AndrewP6
28-04-2018, 12:53 AM
Does someone here own a TARDIS?

Twodogs
28-04-2018, 12:55 AM
Gold Coast?

bornadog
28-04-2018, 12:56 AM
If someone could tell me the result of this game - I’ll make my decision on whether to head to Ballarat on Saturday.....

We win by 27

ratsmac
28-04-2018, 01:58 PM
Who gets the first goal? I might place a couple bets

bornadog
28-04-2018, 02:51 PM
Someone needs to fix the heading, confusing everyone

Doc26
28-04-2018, 02:54 PM

I was thinking this must've been some new predictive Bankers and Anchors thread.

Twodogs
28-04-2018, 06:32 PM

Yeah good point BAD. It often doesn't occur to me that I can do stuff like that.