PDA

View Full Version : Bankers And Anchors - Round 11, 2018 vs Melbourne

Eastdog
15-04-2018, 04:51 PM
This is the round 11, 2018 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against Melbourne is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

GVGjr
02-06-2018, 04:40 PM
Bump

G-Mo77
02-06-2018, 07:04 PM
I'll keep it civil.

Bankers
Leaving early has it's privileges. Home before tea is nice.

Anchors
Western Bulldogs. On and off the field, my god!?! What a diabolical mess.
Jumpers
Razor Ray calling things from 50m away even if they were in our favor. No one wants to know who you are!

Eastdog
02-06-2018, 08:00 PM
Bankers:

The Bont - found something a bit today

Schache's goal

Our early pressure at the start of the game

Anchors:

JJ - too many turnovers needs a spell

Dahl - just not damaging enough

Our forward structure - non exsistent

SlimPickens
02-06-2018, 08:46 PM
Banker-
The front of the jumper, thought it was brilliant

Morris- loved seeing him out there today.

Suckling- takes the game on by foot and toe

Anchor-
The back of the jumper, impossible to read the players numbers.

Soft tissue injuries- I’m going to keep going on about this until we get better at dealing with them. But our repeat soft tissue injuries are appalling. It has been this way for 3 years and just kills us.

McLean- that panic handball in the opposition goal square, was shit house

bornadog
02-06-2018, 11:13 PM
Bankers

1. Moz especially first quarter, he was in everything
2. Sucklings goal
3. Bont's goal first quarter

Anchors

1. Yes Mantis, Mclean's handball in the square, followed by a 50 metre penalty he gave away and goal, all in the space of a few minutes.
2. Turnovers, after doing all the hard work only to find we give it back and Melbourne score.
3. Our ability to contain Mcdonald and Hogan which ultimately was the difference on the scoreboard.

Remi Moses
02-06-2018, 11:52 PM
Bont returned to form , even though he’s injured
Dale Morris
Only half a season to go

Melbourne allowed to own the corridor , and how many goals through transition in the corridor
The forward half , and the awful entry and disorganised manner of the forward line
The mixed messages . Ok , so now we’re rebuilding . Just relay that message from now on

Mantis
04-06-2018, 11:04 AM
Banchor:

Suckling - One of our few improvers over the past 2 years.. that hurt.

Anchors:

JJ - You held out on the club to get the deal of a lifetime and you re-pay the faith with spineless & insipid footy. I watched you closely on the weekend and it was pathetic.

Hunter - work-rate = 8, ball use = 2

F-50 entries = 2/10

F-50 pressure = 0.5/10

Defensive starting points = 1/10 - It's complete madness how are defenders are always out of position, understand the ease at which the ball comes down the field doesn't help, but we just gifted them shots on goal.

McLean's handball = what a shocker!

Mofra
04-06-2018, 12:25 PM
Bankers:

Morris. Freak
Schache made second efforts this week
Bonti doing Bonti things

Anchors:

Turnovers
Decision making
Ruck

I've just saved myself from typing the anchors for the rest of the year, sadly. I can't see it changing.

Twodogs
04-06-2018, 12:56 PM
Banchor:

Suckling - One of our few improvers over the past 2 years.. that hurt.

Anchors:

JJ - You held out on the club to get the deal of a lifetime and you re-pay the faith with spineless & insipid footy. I watched you closely on the weekend and it was pathetic.

Hunter - work-rate = 8, ball use = 2

F-50 entries = 2/10

F-50 pressure = 0.5/10

Defensive starting points = 1/10 - It's complete madness how are defenders are always out of position, understand the ease at which the ball comes down the field doesn't help, but we just gifted them shots on goal.

McLean's handball = what a shocker!

You deserve a Banker for that. That would have been hard.

Banker.

Mantis. Came around on Matty Suckling. A little.

Cyberdoggie
04-06-2018, 02:29 PM
Bankers:

1/ Suckling, has been much better this year, especially the last few weeks where he has finally got his radar back. Still waits too long to dispose of it and gets caught out with that kicking action but is doing a lot more than others are at the moment.

2/ Caleb Daniel tackling Hogan. Great stuff, pity he isn't doing much else at the moment

3/ ……… i'm thinking.

Anchors:

1/ Inability to score. Two games in a row we have barely kicked a goal after quarter time. Don't have a tall that is presenting themselves forward of the ball, and we aren't moving the ball with any kind of speed or directness to break opposition lines.
We get to the wing then stop and go backwards or look for short kicks when they finally present themselves (or not), and then butcher a basic pass to create turnover and we start sprinting backwards to stop the opposition

2/ Tackles. There is a lot of players in the side who aren't strong enough or willing enough to land or hold onto a tackle. We are like the Washington Generals out there playing against the Harlem Globetrotters, or the rugby world cup with 4 Japanese players all holding onto Jonah Lomu. It's no wonder our defensive structure isn't holding up when we require more numbers to stop 1 of theirs.

3/ Insipid. Why do we look so poor all round? Why is the Bont a shadow of his best? Dahlhaus used to gather near 30 touches a game and play with such ferocity, where is that? Where is the attacking entertaining football Bevo showed us when he came to the club?, Why are we watching/playing this insipid style of football which is clearly not working results wise? Something needs to change