PDA

View Full Version : Sorry - It was my fault.

mjp
15-04-2018, 09:33 PM
I missed the first half (and a bit of the game). I had a wedding to attend, I had to get from the church to the pub to watch. All of this stuff took until approx the middle of q3.

I sat down in front of a large screen at a pub in Subiaco - and if you don't think the new stadium is having an impact on businesses near the OLD stadium, well, I have a different story to tell you) and in the following 5-minutes we had THREE turnovers that each led directly to Sydney goals...including Franklin's first two of the game (aka the 'Easton Wood falling over twilight zone' period of the game).

I don't think there is much doubt that is the 5-minutes when the game was lost (setting aside simple dropped chest marks inside the attacking goal-square late in the game). As an aside, I have never felt resentful of the Tom Boyd contract OR had any ill feeling toward's Tom himself until that moment when the "aren't we paying Tom Boyd $1million per year to take that mark" flashed through my head.

Anyway. I am getting off track.

I hereby apologise to the footy gods for missing the first half of the game - on a day where another supporters dedication to the team was being celebrated - and accept my share of the blame for our defeat.

Twodogs
15-04-2018, 09:37 PM
There's a new stadium?

mjp
15-04-2018, 09:39 PM
There's a new stadium?

Apparently we are playing there this weekend!

Twodogs
15-04-2018, 09:41 PM

I just have to find my to a television this week.

What's the new stadium like? I went to Adelaide oval last year (I took Harvey, it was quite a trip!) but I've never even been to Perth.

Eastdog
15-04-2018, 09:41 PM

This Saturday night. Yeah I'll be watching from home on the couch with my Doggies jumper and Doggies scarf on.

azabob
15-04-2018, 10:06 PM
Last ten minutes of the second quarter didn't help either.
As I mentioned in the B&A we were extremely poor in shutting the game down in the last 1-2 min of each quarter.

Danny the snakeman
16-04-2018, 05:01 PM
What's the new stadium like? I went to Adelaide oval last year (I took Harvey, it was quite a trip!) but I've never even been to Perth.

New stadium is great, so much better than subi. Now all we need to do is win there.

Twodogs
16-04-2018, 05:30 PM
New stadium is great, so much better than subi. Now all we need to do is win there.

Some history for this group to make then. Be nice to beat Freo. Stick it right up them

craigsahibee
17-04-2018, 08:55 AM
The only game I have been able to get to this year we have won.

Who's willing to shout me a trip to Perth this week?