16-04-2018, 09:17 PM
That was good. Loved the Barrett slap.

bornadog
16-04-2018, 11:34 PM
For those that missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC3agiYFzS0

Bullies
17-04-2018, 08:22 AM
That was good. Loved the Barrett slap. What did Bevo say about Barrett?

chef
17-04-2018, 09:38 AM
What did Bevo say about Barrett?

Watch the vid above.

bornadog
17-04-2018, 10:11 AM
Great to listen to Bevo and his passion for the club.

LostDoggy
17-04-2018, 10:43 AM
Really enjoyed that interview, good to hear Bevo single out Ameet Bains and the work he's doing to increase the time the various parts of the club are spending together.

jeemak
17-04-2018, 10:47 AM
Yep, pretty candid and direct content, possibly with one exception surrounding his answer to goal kicking.

It almost seemed like it was a player empowerment process that is breaking down and partially to blame for our woes with the "we're all goal kicking coaches" line. In Bevo we trust? Not sure, the evidence suggests (from last year's poor form, and our goal kicking deterioration) we need to be mindful or giving our players too much leeway.

bornadog
17-04-2018, 11:34 AM
Yep, pretty candid and direct content, possibly with one exception surrounding his answer to goal kicking.

It almost seemed like it was a player empowerment process that is breaking down and partially to blame for our woes with the "we're all goal kicking coaches" line. In Bevo we trust? Not sure, the evidence suggests (from last year's poor form, and our goal kicking deterioration) we need to be mindful or giving our players too much leeway.

As I said in the other thread on goal kicking, I felt he didn't want to talk about it too much. Obviously as a coach he is concerned, but didn't want to air issues publicly.

Bullies
17-04-2018, 11:59 AM
Watch the vid above.Sound not working for me.

Twodogs
17-04-2018, 12:02 PM
Sound not working for me.

I can't watch it at work.

bornadog
17-04-2018, 12:28 PM
Sound not working for me.

Try it on youtube. Click here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2179&v=vC3agiYFzS0)

Eastdog
17-04-2018, 03:38 PM
Cheers BAD. Will watch it tonight.

Ghost Dog
17-04-2018, 05:15 PM
Good interview. Thought Bevo spoke well

SonofScray
17-04-2018, 10:40 PM
Barrett on the Sounding Board podcast sounds like a stubborn, teen age girl who has been called a mole by her fat best friend. He is well and truly rattled. It is very personal. His industry mates are struggling to find a way to pull him up without breaking the human centipede of sycophants who have their heads up each other's backsides.

Eastdog
17-04-2018, 11:25 PM
Good interview from Bevo. I enjoy listening to him speak.

The Adelaide Connection
18-04-2018, 10:32 AM
Caro has now chimed in on the back of his comments. :rolleyes:

Caroline Wilson has taken Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge to task over his “irresponsible comments”, asking on Footy Classified, “What on Earth were you thinking?”

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/afl/caro-slams-luke-beveridge/ar-AAvXxHE

Testekill
18-04-2018, 11:12 AM
Of course a bottom dweller like Caro would take umbrage with calling out another bottom dweller. The only difference between Caro & Barrett is that Caro has somehow crafted a false image of respectability and has made herself impossible to criticise by immediately making any criticism sexism.

Ghost Dog
18-04-2018, 11:26 AM
What on earth are you thinking by saying " What on earth are you thinking?".
Luke was pretty measured, tongue in cheek and frank. We all want interviewees who are honest and open, and then she goes and slams him for it.

Luke praised Tom Browne for repairing the relationship to contrast Barrett.

What would Wilson have a coach do? Journalists print a story that they believe is 100% false. Does she expect them to give out free tickets to that sort of stuff? Footy is a passionate game and you can expect people to take umbrage.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-04-2018, 12:13 PM
Luke was pretty measured, tongue in cheek and frank. We all want interviewees who are honest and open, and then she goes and slams him for it.

Luke praised Tom Roberts for repairing the relationship to contrast Barrett.

What would Wilson have a coach do? Journalists print a story that they believe is 100% false. Does she expect them to give out free tickets to that sort of stuff? Footy is a passionate game and you can expect people to take umbrage.

Tom Browne i think it was.

The Doctor
18-04-2018, 12:22 PM
I think it's time for Bevo and the club to move on from the media angst thing. The club has made it's point. Our media dept need to take things from here and Bevo shouldn't allow this to distract him any further.

The focus needs to be getting the club back into the finals and not give a flog about the flogs in the media.

Insufficient Intent
18-04-2018, 05:55 PM
What a load of sanctimonious drivel from St.Caro.
Agree with The Doc that it should now be water under the bridge; we've more important things to be getting on with.

ratsmac
18-04-2018, 06:07 PM
I think it's time for Bevo and the club to move on from the media angst thing. The club has made it's point. Our media dept need to take things from here and Bevo shouldn't allow this to distract him any further.

The focus needs to be getting the club back into the finals and not give a flog about the flogs in the media.

I think Bevo has moved on TBH. He is just answering questions put to him which was about Barrett. He has to give some sort of an answer and probably couldn't help himself and had to take a little swipe at him. I mean, who could pass up a free hit at Barrett!

azabob
18-04-2018, 08:46 PM

Tom Morris - Fox Footy, 3aw radio.

Twodogs
18-04-2018, 09:37 PM

Luke praised Tom Browne for repairing the relationship to contrast Barrett.

Tom Morris - Fox Footy, 3aw radio.

Yep, Tom Roberts was the painter who painted all those pictures of sheep shearing I think.