PDA

View Full Version : Where to sit?

hujsh
27-01-2008, 10:50 PM
After seeing the seat viewer on the Bulldogs site i realised i haven't sat in many places. I was wondering where you sat and whether it is a good spot.

I normally sit on the a flank on the top level and really like it. I've also sat infront of the goals on level 1 and you see very different things.

GVGjr
27-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Hardly a bad seat at the dome so I don't think it makes too much difference.

I'm on the 2nd level in one of the back rows

hujsh
27-01-2008, 11:17 PM
But you can see different things. Up the top you see the whole field and you can see guys lead and create space ect. When in front of the goals you can obviously see if it is a goal. If you're on the bottom on the wing you can see the ruckwork. All that stuff

LostDoggy
28-01-2008, 12:18 AM
We have been on Level 1 aisle 19 (i think) for the past 5 years. Theres 5 seats at the back that my family occupy. They are great seats, at the back of us are the toilets and food bar. Id recommend them to anyone, but they are pretty pricey.

LardDog
28-01-2008, 12:31 AM
I always like to sit up the top on the wing, you get a great view of all the play. I've sat on the fence a couple of times and it's impossible to see whats going on on the far side of the ground.

The Bulldogs Bite
28-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Level 1 Aisle 17.

Had these seats for quite a while now, we love them. We're right at the end of a line, meaning we aren't bombarded with people walking in front of us trying to get to their seats during the game. Additionally, across to our left in the next stand is where all the players sit and it's always good to have a look who's about.

Toilets & food are very nearby whilst it's also a very good view. Fairly close to the action, but also high enough to scan the entire ground pretty well.

The Dome's terrific to watch the footy.

bornadog
28-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Level 2, Aisle 34. Terrific view.

Hey, I am on level 2 Isle 33, row s (I think), not bad spot, prefer down towards row c d, ie closer to the fence.

westdog54
28-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Level 3, usually behind the goals or on a HFF.

LostDoggy
28-01-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm a level one fan, close to the action as i can be.

I have a membership on level 1, Row A Aisle 33...Lockett end to my right, 30m from the 50m line..very good spot, enjoy sitting there that close immensly :D

LostDoggy
31-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Level One, right on the halfway line. Great bunch of people around me .. families, older couples. We've all sat in the same spot since the Dome opened and it's like meeting up with old friends when the season gets underway.

Sitting down on the ground on the wing at the games at the 'G is wonderful. Wish we had more of them.

During Finals tend to sit between the wing and the goals (level one). Never had a bad game (except in '97, of course. I was behind the goals and Libba's kick went right over me. How the goal umpire missed that I'll never know.)

Sat up in Level 2 and 3 when we played the Bombers the last couple of years. Very, very different perspective, far more a tactical viewpoint compared to sitting down at the halfway line where you can literally reach out and touch the grass (and smell the sweat and grab the ball when it comes over the fence).

Just love Level One. Nothing beats being close to the action.

BulldogBelle
31-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Level One, right on the halfway line. Great bunch of people around me .. families, older couples. We've all sat in the same spot since the Dome opened and it's like meeting up with old friends when the season gets underway.

I also sit on Level 1 by choice - like you we have had those seats from day dot when we first started at the Dome. When the gold, silver and bronze memberships started I had the option to go to level 2 on the wing but I didn't want to leave the Level 1 atmosphere. So I have gold membership but sit on Level 1. We also have really good people surrounding us and as you mentioned in your post they are like old friends when the season starts we always look forward to having a chat with them. Away Telstra Dome games we sit on Level 2 for something different.

The Underdog
31-01-2008, 10:20 PM
On a similiar note, I've got a question for the mums and dads.
I don't have a regular seat (mainly because I don't go regularly with the same people and my partner barracks for Hawthorn), but usually sitr on level 3 behind the goals or stand on level 1.
I do however have a 5 month old Bulldogs member who will be going to her first game in about 6 weeks. Does anyone have any advice about where to sit, good spots if you've got a pram, things like that. I know what Telstra Dome officialdom is like so if anyone has any good advice, do's or dont's that'd be much appreciated.

LostDoggy
31-01-2008, 10:21 PM
I also sit on Level 1 by choice - like you we have had those seats from day dot when we first started at the Dome. When the gold, silver and bronze memberships started I had the option to go to level 2 on the wing but I didn't want to leave the Level 1 atmosphere. So I have gold membership but sit on Level 1. We also have really good people surrounding us and as you mentioned in your post they are like old friends when the season starts we always look forward to having a chat with them. Away Telstra Dome games we sit on Level 2 for something different.

ooooh, the mystery deepens... you could be that lovely lass sitting quietly (with her lovely husband, no doubt) two rows over (completely hypothetical seating arrangement -- I am usually too focussed on Cooney's calves and Farran's falling over to notice any lovely lasses, although I'm sure that the Dogs attract the best women -- present company being case in point).

I wonder if this post is in the right taste, or if I will be censured for my overtly social musings...

hujsh
31-01-2008, 10:26 PM
I don't have a regular seat (mainly because I don't go regularly with the same people and my partner barracks for Hawthorn), but usually sitr on level 3 behind the goals or stand on level 1.
I do however have a 5 month old Bulldogs member who will be going to her first game in about 6 weeks. Does anyone have any advice about where to sit, good spots if you've got a pram, things like that. I know what Telstra Dome officialdom is like so if anyone has any good advice, do's or dont's that'd be much appreciated.

Maybe the top of level 1? Everywhere else would be a pain with a pram. There always seems to be empty handicaped seats so maybe you could set up camp there?

The Underdog
31-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Maybe the top of level 1? Everywhere else would be a pain with a pram. There always seems to be empty handicaped seats so maybe you could set up camp there?

That's one thought I had. I'd carry her on my chest and leave the pram at home but then she'd have me yelling in her ear all day. Don't want her first memory to be of me yelling at Eagleton to chase :o

hujsh
31-01-2008, 10:36 PM
That's one thought I had. I'd carry her on my chest and leave the pram at home but then she'd have me yelling in her ear all day. Don't want her first memory to be of me yelling at Eagleton to chase :o

Thats funny. I can imagine that.

BulldogBelle
31-01-2008, 10:41 PM
ooooh, the mystery deepens... you could be that lovely lass sitting quietly (with her lovely husband, no doubt) two rows over (completely hypothetical seating arrangement -- I am usually too focussed on Cooney's calves and Farran's falling over to notice any lovely lasses, although I'm sure that the Dogs attract the best women -- present company being case in point).

I wonder if this post is in the right taste, or if I will be censured for my overtly social musings...

Well I am a lovely person but I am not that quiet - so I don't think that I am the one that you are visualising two rows over. What aisle are you in? Just so I know not to be scared. :D

That's ok, I wont censure your post - you have a get out of jail free card still up your sleeve!

LostDoggy
31-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Well I am a lovely person but I am not that quiet - so I don't think that I am the one that you are visualising two rows over. What aisle are you in? Just so I know not to be scared. :D

That's ok, I wont censure your post - you have a get out of jail free card still up your sleeve!

Thirty-six, I think. Or thirty-five. Just so you know where to come and say hello. *grin*

(I'm the distinguished, good-looking, thoughtful one staring at Adam's calves.)

BulldogBelle
31-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Thirty-six, I think. Or thirty-five. Just so you know where to come and say hello. *grin*

Just look over to Aisle 34 and wave. :)

LostDoggy
31-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Just look over to Aisle 34 and wave. :)

Oh, I will.

Over the hot pies, overpriced ice-cream, stale chips, steaming thermoses of tea.. over the cheers and anguished cries of the crowd, the sounds of boot on leather, of bruising tackles.. over the scarves and caps and blue and red and white t-shirts, jerseys, flags.. over the heads of children and old men and security personnel and guys with radios held up to their ears..

.. over the maddening throng, I will.

*grin*

Sockeye Salmon
01-02-2008, 12:36 PM

My little bloke was born Nov 29 2003 and went to his first game in the Wizard Cup the next February - that made him about 10 weeks. He's probably been to 50 or so games now.

The Dome WAS great for babies. They let you take the pram in and park in the disabled seats on level 3. I even had a security guy kick a group of able bodied kids out of their seats to fit me in once.

I believe they don't allow prams in anymore.

The MCG was always a disaster for prams. They wouldn't let you use the disabled seats (despite there being about 5,000 of them and about 4,990 of them would be empty) and there is nowhere else to go. I was once told I had to go to the top deck of the Southern Stand.

SS: "How the **** am I supposed to get a pram up all those steps and where do I put it once I'm there?"

Security dude: "Doesn't it fold up?"

SS: "THERE'S A BABY IN IT!"

The Underdog
01-02-2008, 12:44 PM
My little bloke was born Nov 29 2003 and went to his first game in the Wizard Cup the next February - that made him about 10 weeks. He's probably been to 50 or so games now.

The Dome WAS great for babies. They let you take the pram in and park in the disabled seats on level 3. I even had a security guy kick a group of able bodied kids out of their seats to fit me in once.

I believe they don't allow prams in anymore.

The MCG was always a disaster for prams. They wouldn't let you use the disabled seats (despite there being about 5,000 of them and about 4,990 of them would be empty) and there is nowhere else to go. I was once told I had to go to the top deck of the Southern Stand.

SS: "How the **** am I supposed to get a pram up all those steps and where do I put it once I'm there?"

Security dude: "Doesn't it fold up?"

SS: "THERE'S A BABY IN IT!"

That's sounds more like the Dome/MCG response I was expecting.
Thanks for the advice.

Twodogs
01-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Stand behind aisle31 down on the bottom deck. That gives us lots of opposition supporters to discuss the game with.

The Underdog
01-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Stand behind aisle31 down on the bottom deck. That gives us lots of opposition supporters to discuss the game with.

Discussions you say?
A bit of spirited debate between friendly foes.
Surely the kind of cordial atmosphere a young lady should become accustomed too while admiring the fine art of two competing teams playing competitive sport in the spirit of the game.

LostDoggy
01-02-2008, 06:08 PM
I try and get seats around aisle 11 on level 3, but occasionally I get to sit on level 1. In '06 for the Carlton game I got seats on a 50m mark in row B, that was really good, but can be hard for some people to see when the ball's down the other end. The only time I've ever complained about seats was for the Essendon game last year when we got stuck with seats way back in aisle R or something on level 3, and the big green pole thing was going right through the screen and we couldn't see the score because it was being covered and we couldn't see the other one because we were right next to the other screen. Other than that though it's hard to find a bad seat.

Twodogs
01-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Discussions you say?
A bit of spirited debate between friendly foes.
Surely the kind of cordial atmosphere a young lady should become accustomed too while admiring the fine art of two competing teams playing competitive sport in the spirit of the game.

The Essendon supporters love us. Last year we were calling them 'Glorified Western Suburbans' they particularly enjoyed that.