PDA

View Full Version : We need to be out in force on Friday night

Eastdog
24-04-2018, 10:14 PM
It has been a tough start to 2018 with some poor performances to start the year and the 16 flag seeming quite a long time ago now but this is when we need our members and supporters the most on Friday night a marquee timeslot at Etihad Stadium to get us to victory in a important game now for reasons we didn't want to be in.

I should be there.

I'll be in the Whitten Social club at half time if any woofers want to catch up.

Carn the Dogs!

Twodogs
24-04-2018, 10:41 PM
Damn straight Easty. We need to turn out in numbers on Friday night.

Eastdog
24-04-2018, 10:45 PM
Saints v GWS last Saturday 14K. Sure it was against the plastics but still a poor turnout from them.

bornadog
25-04-2018, 12:00 AM
We need to win

Twodogs
25-04-2018, 12:05 AM
Saints v GWS last Saturday 14K. Sure it was against the plastics but still a poor turnout from them.

Give the Saints another blockbuster fixture, they've earned it! Surely we must have something left that the AFL can take off us? Players? Sponsors? Coaches? We could pay them and they could do their work at Moorabbin. Premiership medals? Maybe they could take them away from our players and give them to more deserving players like Rievoldt? Poor *!*!*!*!ing Velvet Trousers cheated to try and win a flag and never got one. Give him Zaine Cordy's!

ratsmac
25-04-2018, 12:32 AM
Give the Saints another blockbuster fixture, they've earned it! Surely we must have something left that the AFL can take off us? Players? Sponsors? Coaches? We could pay them and they could do their work at Moorabbin. Premiership medals? Maybe they could take them away from our players and give them to more deserving players like Rievoldt? Poor *!*!*!*!ing Velvet Trousers cheated to try and win a flag and never got one. Give him Zaine Cordy's!

Sssshhhh don't give the AEFL any idea's.

I still love the fact that that diver never won a premiership. And even better that he almost was a premiership player, almost, so close, he could just about smell it, but he's not. Such a shame.:D

Eastdog
25-04-2018, 12:55 AM
We need to win

We need to have a good strong start and really take control of the game from there.

Twodogs
25-04-2018, 03:22 AM

I still love the fact that that diver never won a premiership. And even better that he almost was a premiership player, almost, so close, he could just about smell it, but he's not. Such a shame.:D

I'm bleeding for him

westdog54
25-04-2018, 04:46 AM

Two more satisfying factoids about the diver never winning a flag:

It was his rapist mate that got the bad bounce of the ball that prevented him kicking the winning goal, and he was on the wrong end of the iconic image of the replay, with Heath Shaw coming from nowhere to smother his kick from the goalsquare.

Twodogs
25-04-2018, 11:42 AM
Two more satisfying factoids about the diver never winning a flag:

It was his rapist mate that got the bad bounce of the ball that prevented him kicking the winning goal, and he was on the wrong end of the iconic image of the replay, with Heath Shaw coming from nowhere to smother his kick from the goalsquare.

That smother the goalsquare was a beautiful thing. Velvet Trousers thought process must have been something like "Ohoh, here it is, I'm going to be the hero at las... Where the *!*!*!*! did he come from? Oh shit where's the ball?"

Hahahahahahaha!

Premiership, Rooey, we won a premiership. That's what WE will be remembered for, what will you be remembered for? Oh that's right, I remember you taking a dive when Brian Lake brushed against you. So either you cheated or you are exactly the soft *!*!*!*! I always thought you were. Happy to put your head over the ball (the way every player does) but you never had the guts to take a chance and try something different that may have won them a flag, just happy to take the safe, Conservitive route. Stiff shit Velvet.

KT31
26-04-2018, 04:32 AM
It has been a tough start to 2018 with some poor performances to start the year and the 16 flag seeming quite a long time ago now but this is when we need our members and supporters the most on Friday night a marquee timeslot at Etihad Stadium to get us to victory in a important game now for reasons we didn't want to be in.

I should be there.

I'll be in the Whitten Social club at half time if any woofers want to catch up.

Carn the Dogs!

Looking forward to it Eastie, flyng back from the States on Friday morning so it's my first game of the season.
Hoping for a big win, Go Doggies.

mjp
26-04-2018, 10:46 AM

Yeah...but you know that means Collingwood won right?

Greystache
26-04-2018, 12:16 PM

He also played in 3 Grand Finals and only managed the same number of goals and contested marks as Tom Boyd did in one!

Twodogs
26-04-2018, 12:18 PM
Yeah...but you know that means Collingwood won right?

That's ok, lots of my mates seem to barrack for Collingwood. It gave something different to be insufferable about for a couple if weeks so I remember finding it vaguely interesting at the time.

Eastdog
26-04-2018, 04:52 PM
That's ok, lots of my mates seem to barrack for Collingwood. It gave something different to be insufferable about for a couple if weeks so I remember finding it vaguely interesting at the time.

Yeah my brother is a Pies fan.

We play them in a few weeks at Etihad an away game for us.

1eyedog
26-04-2018, 06:57 PM
Carlton are playing shit but they'll probably outnumber this week.

Twodogs
26-04-2018, 07:00 PM
Yeah my brother is a Pies fan.

We play them in a few weeks at Etihad an away game for us.

I'm hoping to be unbearable for a week afterwards. Either that or I will just vanish and lock myself in the shed for a couple of weeks!