PDA

View Full Version : AFL Round 7, 2018

Eastdog
29-04-2018, 11:03 PM
ROUND 7, 2018

Friday May 4

Geelong v GWS Giants, GMHBA Stadium (7.50pm)

Saturday May 5

Western Bulldogs v Gold Coast Suns, Mars Stadium — Ballarat (1.45pm)

Essendon v Hawthorn, MCG (2.10pm)

West Coast Eagles v Port Adelaide, Perth Stadium (4.35pm)

Sydney Swans v North Melbourne, SCG (7.25pm)

Adelaide v Carlton, Adelaide Oval (7.40pm)

Sunday May 6

Richmond v Fremantle, MCG (1.10pm)

St Kilda v Melbourne, Etihad Stadium (3.20pm)

Brisbane Lions v Collingwood, Gabba (4.40pm)

LostDoggy
04-05-2018, 09:26 PM
GWS looking very ordinary Q1 against Geelong. They drew with StKilda in R5 then pretty underwhelming at home against Brisbane in R6. They are struggling.

bulldogsthru&thru
04-05-2018, 09:47 PM
GWS looking very ordinary Q1 against Geelong. They drew with StKilda in R5 then pretty underwhelming at home against Brisbane in R6. They are struggling.

Yet pummelled us :(

azabob
04-05-2018, 09:51 PM

Fair few injuries and very young also. But still good to see them struggle...

Remi Moses
04-05-2018, 10:10 PM
Not sure the giants are still young .
Intent is terrible tonight, regardless of the personnel out .
Geelong doing what they like and the Giants look easy to play against.
Stagnant and sloppy , and to be honest here I can’t see Leon winning a flag with this list.

azabob
04-05-2018, 10:18 PM
Stagnant and sloppy , and to be honest here I can’t see Leon winning a flag with this list.

They are tonight. But yes intent isn’t there.

bornadog
04-05-2018, 10:19 PM

They do have key injuries with Josh Kelly, Cameron, Lobb, Scully, Toby Greene, all out and all played against us.

bornadog
04-05-2018, 10:20 PM
Fair few injuries and very young also. But still good to see them struggle...

Tonight they have the same average games as Geelong (85), but do have significant Key players out as per my post above

Remi Moses
04-05-2018, 10:28 PM
All points bulletin for a sighting of Gryphon

Sedat
04-05-2018, 10:34 PM
I hope the footy community rubbish this shit spectacle with the same enthusiasm that they rubbished last Friday night. Tonight has been a worse advertisement for the game, from supposedly two high ranked teams.

jeemak
04-05-2018, 10:42 PM
GWS still have enough quality on the field to be better than this.

westdog54
04-05-2018, 10:44 PM
Geez Heath Shaw pulled up hard to avoid that collision with Dangerfield.

Any hope GWS had just went out the window.

bornadog
04-05-2018, 10:47 PM
GWS still have enough quality on the field to be better than this.

Maybe they just don't.

jeemak
04-05-2018, 10:51 PM
I hope the footy community rubbish this shit spectacle with the same enthusiasm that they rubbished last Friday night. Tonight has been a worse advertisement for the game, from supposedly two high ranked teams.

Geez Heath Shaw pulled up hard to avoid that collision with Dangerfield.

Any hope GWS had just went out the window.

Don’t bet on it Sedat.

He certainly did Westdog......really poor effort.

westdog54
04-05-2018, 11:12 PM
Don’t bet on it Sedat.

He certainly did Westdog......really poor effort.

There is nothing more gratifying than a downhill skier shirking a contest.

Twodogs
04-05-2018, 11:42 PM
There is nothing more gratifying than a downhill skier shirking a contest.

Libba in his face in the 2016 prelim final gratified me.

westdog54
04-05-2018, 11:48 PM
Libba in his face in the 2016 prelim final gratified me.

I'd still love to know what Clay Smith said to him to drive him overboard like that.

Twodogs
04-05-2018, 11:52 PM
I'd still love to know what Clay Smith said to him to drive him overboard like that.

Whatever it was it was the truth.

Ozza
05-05-2018, 12:01 AM
When are the footy experts going to call out Heath Shaw for how bad he has been in 2017 and 2018.
He had 10 clangers tonight - in the worst part of the ground to have them. He even had 6 last week v Brisbane with far less pressure and 8 v Freo 2 weeks before that.

bornadog
05-05-2018, 12:16 AM
Hawkins in trouble for pushing an umpires hand away. How many weeks?

westdog54
05-05-2018, 12:27 AM
Hawkins in trouble for pushing an umpires hand away. How many weeks?

Surely straight to the tribunal.

macca
05-05-2018, 01:55 AM
Surely straight to the tribunal.

He will get off with some new rule they made up during the week.

Thoroughly enjoyed seeing the plastics get smashed tonight, even though it was a rubbish game to watch.

AFL doing all it can to manufacture crap for Friday night football.

The Adelaide Connection
05-05-2018, 02:18 AM
GWS were worse tonight than our efforts against them, WC, and Freo. This is one of the premiership favourites that are down a few key players at the moment (but arguably still in a better position personnel wise than we are). We need to remember this when our team of kids inevitably struggle some weeks or at times during games.

There is absolutely a tipping point and GWS have obviously hit theirs. I think we have been well over ours but have displayed more resilience than our lofty expectations has given our team credit. It really makes me reflect back to how impressive the Essendon and Swans (in particular) games were.

Hotdog60
05-05-2018, 06:32 AM
Hawkins will get off with a reprimand with him being told that even though he was protecting the umpire from causing a slight breeze with his hand he may still have knock Phil Davis over and may have caused him serious injury.
He'll just be told to be a bit more careful.
Tom will then be praised by the media for being a stand up guy for taking the risk to protect a fellow player.

bornadog
05-05-2018, 11:51 AM
GWS were worse tonight than our efforts against them, WC, and Freo. This is one of the premiership favourites that are down a few key players at the moment (but arguably still in a better position personnel wise than we are). We need to remember this when our team of kids inevitably struggle some weeks or at times during games.

There is absolutely a tipping point and GWS have obviously hit theirs. I think we have been well over ours but have displayed more resilience than our lofty expectations has given our team credit. It really makes me reflect back to how impressive the Essendon and Swans (in particular) games were.

when does Leon come under scrutiny? Can he actually coach?

bulldogtragic
05-05-2018, 12:03 PM
Time to raid them, through JMac trading. Their guns can see they won't win a flag now. We need Sam Power sitting down ASAP with JMac to flag interest in a range of players. Who would we target though? (kicking skills elite mandatory)

Twodogs
05-05-2018, 12:08 PM
Time to raid them, through JMac trading. Their guns can see they won't win a flag now. We need Sam Power sitting down ASAP with JMac to flag interest in a range of players. Who would we target though? (kicking skills elite mandatory)

J. Kelly. I wonder if you'd get a discount on Toby Greene given he's such a little shit? I wouldn't mind him being our little shit and we do seem to play better when we have someone like him in our team.

bulldogtragic
05-05-2018, 12:12 PM
J. Kelly.

& Coniglio. Imagine two midfielders capable of hitting forwards on the chest. Wow.

Mofra
05-05-2018, 12:46 PM
When are the footy experts going to call out Heath Shaw for how bad he has been in 2017 and 2018.
He had 10 clangers tonight - in the worst part of the ground to have them. He even had 6 last week v Brisbane with far less pressure and 8 v Freo 2 weeks before that.
Not to mention his big squib vs Dangerfield.

This bloke scream at others but won't do the hard yards himself. For all the focus on Goddard yelling at teammates, Goddard won a B&F, led Essendon during a tough year and puts his body on the line.
Shaw doesn't do that.

comrade
05-05-2018, 12:56 PM
I wish we weren’t ultra young and building. The 2018 premiership is literally a crap shoot.

Ozza
05-05-2018, 01:49 PM
Not to mention his big squib vs Dangerfield.

This bloke scream at others but won't do the hard yards himself. For all the focus on Goddard yelling at teammates, Goddard won a B&F, led Essendon during a tough year and puts his body on the line.
Shaw doesn't do that.

I don’t really think he jibbed it. The ball sat up meaning Danger got to knock it away first, one of the angles looked bad (from behind Shaw) - but the full view I reckon he got a dud bounce.
Trust me, I’d love to say he pulled out.

jeemak
05-05-2018, 10:04 PM
I don’t really think he jibbed it. The ball sat up meaning Danger got to knock it away first, one of the angles looked bad (from behind Shaw) - but the full view I reckon he got a dud bounce.
Trust me, I’d love to say he pulled out.

Can't agree, the only sure way he could have halved the contest and stopped the Cats going forward was by getting directly in front of Dangerfield's run. He chose not to do that, for whatever reason.

jeemak
05-05-2018, 10:06 PM
Some of Ziebell's kicking in this third quarter has been magnificent.

bornadog
05-05-2018, 10:56 PM
North in front with 2.48 to go.

Dry Rot
06-05-2018, 01:07 AM
& Coniglio. Imagine two midfielders capable of hitting forwards on the chest. Wow.

Would love to get Coniglio.

All class.

Twodogs
06-05-2018, 03:31 AM
Would love to get Coniglio.

All class.

He's injury prone though isn't he? He doesn't seem to finish a lot of matches.

Dry Rot
06-05-2018, 03:32 PM
He's injury prone though isn't he? He doesn't seem to finish a lot of matches.

Good question. I'm afraid I don't follow those plastic orange shits very much unlike proper clubs, so I don't know.

Have seen him live a couple of times, and he is a complete (and very good) player.

Could you be confusing him with the often concussed Shiel?

Twodogs
06-05-2018, 04:45 PM
Good question. I'm afraid I don't follow those plastic orange shits very much unlike proper clubs, so I don't know.

Have seen him live a couple of times, and he is a complete (and very good) player.

Could you be confusing him with the often concussed Shiel?

No I'm pretty sure it's Coniglio. He's got dodgy ankles from memory. Missed a fair bit of last year and he went off for some work on Friday night a couple of times.

ledge
06-05-2018, 06:23 PM
St kilda look terrible , they have no structure and no guidance and just relying on individual efforts with no one helping.
I'm not sure Richardson has long to go as a coach, they should be showing something.
I don't think much of Melbourne either, they seem to be the same old.

merantau
06-05-2018, 06:51 PM
Agree ledge. St Kilda really awful just about everywhere and their set shots goal kicking has been deplorable.

The bulldog tragician
06-05-2018, 06:56 PM
However Melbourne are not as good as they think they are either.

GVGjr
06-05-2018, 07:05 PM
Brisbane 10 goals even and Collingwood 10 goals 3 at half time.

westdog54
06-05-2018, 07:46 PM
I feel for Patty McCartin. Another head knock today through no fault of his own. Is his career in jeopardy?

Remi Moses
06-05-2018, 08:12 PM
Bit worried about next week
Huge danger game

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Bit worried about next week
Huge danger game

Agree. They had us on the ropes last year at half time at Etihad.
They play like tonight and we play like we did yesterday and it's going to be a Lions win.

ledge
06-05-2018, 08:59 PM
Hopefully today's game was the huge effort for the year and it takes a lot out of them for next week.

comrade
06-05-2018, 09:04 PM
Love Zorko. Fully expecting him to dominate next week.

The bulldog tragician
06-05-2018, 11:17 PM
Wow Brisbane looked fantastic. Can only hope they are deflated. They threw everything at the Pies. It was a gruelling last quarter. No way should we see this game as a gimme, they are playing really well.

LostDoggy
07-05-2018, 09:00 AM
Wow Brisbane looked fantastic. Can only hope they are deflated. They threw everything at the Pies. It was a gruelling last quarter. No way should we see this game as a gimme, they are playing really well.

They are a pretty good team who just can't get over the line. Losses this year include Collingwood by 7, Suns by 5 and Power by 5 (in Adelaide), the only team to beat them by more than 6 goals has been Richmond. Any win this week will be a good result.

boydogs
09-05-2018, 08:52 PM
We should have Brisbane's measure comfortably down here

Twodogs
09-05-2018, 09:58 PM
We should have Brisbane's measure comfortably down here

We have tripped over them a few times lately.