PDA

View Full Version : AFLW: Roos, Cats start list builds ahead of '19

Axe Man
11-05-2018, 07:19 PM
AFLW: Roos, Cats start list builds ahead of '19 (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-11/aflw-roos-cats-start-list-builds-ahead-of-debuts)

Daria Bannister, Jenna Bruton, Emma Kearney have all officially joined North Melbourne for next season. The good new is we can only lose 1 more player to either North or Geelong (maximum of 4 unless we agree to it).

Friday marks the start of the signing period for the two expansion clubs, who will have until May 21 to sign 2018 AFLW players from any club.

With all AFLW players out of contract, AFLW clubs have the right to counter any offer put forward by either North Melbourne or Geelong to a player who was on their list in 2018.

The AFL has to agree to any player movement before it is made official.

No compensation terms have been announced by the AFL to clubs who have lost players to expansion sides, although the draft order will be released at the end of the expansion signing period.

Some form of compensation may be worked into the draft order or the number of draft picks given to a club.

The remaining eight AFLW sides have their own sign and trade period from May 23 to June 4, and can re-sign up to 23 of their 30 players who played this year.

Twodogs
11-05-2018, 08:39 PM
I'm betting the AFLW will invoke the bullshit excuse clause we seem to have built into every transaction we have with them and we have to give up another two players.

After all they owe us for Katie Brennan getting her suspension overturned (hah, still missed the GF) and threatening to take them to the Human Rights mob. They would be seething with us over that.

SonofScray
11-05-2018, 09:18 PM
Aside from Emma as a marquee, what would be the appeal for the others? Plenty of opportunity at the Dogs and a premiership already under their belt. I hate North, so this annoys me.

Testekill
12-05-2018, 02:51 PM
Aside from Emma as a marquee, what would be the appeal for the others? Plenty of opportunity at the Dogs and a premiership already under their belt. I hate North, so this annoys me.

Brutton wants more midfield time which is something that we can't guarantee next year.

Bulldog4life
12-05-2018, 02:54 PM
Brutton wants more midfield time which is something that we can't guarantee next year.

I liked the way she played too. We will miss her.

ledge
12-05-2018, 04:26 PM
Do we get any compensation ?

Bulldog4life
12-05-2018, 04:36 PM

Not sure yet. Hope so.

bornadog
12-05-2018, 04:46 PM

Some draft picks

ledge
12-05-2018, 07:17 PM
Some draft picks

High ones if they are honest.

bornadog
12-05-2018, 07:51 PM
High ones if they are honest.
We should for losing Kearney

Hotdog60
18-05-2018, 02:21 PM
Mo Hope is off to North who have been pillaging some good players which include Emma Kearney (Western Bulldogs), Jasmine Garner (Collingwood), Jess Duffin (Collingwood), Kaitlyn Ashmore (Brisbane), Jamie Stanton (Brisbane), Tahlia Randall (Brisbane) and Danielle Hardiman (Carlton)
Ruck Emma King (Collingwood) is also expected to be confirmed as another Roo signing.

Name from the AFL site: link (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-18/mo-hope-walks-out-on-pies-joins-roos)

Cyberdoggie
18-05-2018, 05:06 PM
I thought there was a limit on the players you could give up, or at least the value of players.

Surely with Kearney and Bruton we have exceeded that already?

HOSE B ROMERO
18-05-2018, 07:01 PM
Bruton is going to be very good. No doubt would have spent some time in the midfield with us .

The Underdog
18-05-2018, 07:21 PM
I thought there was a limit on the players you could give up, or at least the value of players.

Surely with Kearney and Bruton we have exceeded that already?

I think it’s 4. Extra over that has to be by agreement. I might be wrong. Happy to be corrected.
Not happy that we’ve also lost Aasta O’Connor to Geelong. Ruck is a tough role to fill.