PDA

View Full Version : Eade on SEN

hujsh
29-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Eade is currently on SEN.

hujsh
29-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Welsh had a back problem when he came over.

Hudson's move to the dogs was seamless because of his days at Werribee.

Hudson being here has helped Welsh

hujsh
29-01-2008, 07:57 PM
They will be doing a media training day.

LostDoggy
29-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Doesnt say much does he ? I think it must be difficult to talk the team up in the interviews.

hujsh
29-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Didn't really pump the team up much. He said that they have had a good preseason... but so has everyone else.

Mantis
29-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Doesnt say much does he ? I think it must be difficult to talk the team up in the interviews.

Not much else he can say.

More pressing questions can be asked once we have played a few games.

Topdog
30-01-2008, 10:44 AM
The questions in these pre season interviews generally suck

aker39
30-01-2008, 12:55 PM
They will be doing a media training day.

Which means we should get some good exposure in the TV news tonight and the papers tomorrow.

Cyberdoggie
30-01-2008, 01:49 PM
The questions in these pre season interviews generally suck

he must of been asked the same questions 100 times already.
I'd be sick of it.

BulldogBelle
30-01-2008, 11:22 PM
he must of been asked the same questions 100 times already.
I'd be sick of it.

I am sure Eade has it down pat now...just cruises on automatic pilot.

Perhaps they should adopt something like this...

Dial an Eade....

Press 1 - To ask about training.
Press 2 - To check who is injured.
Press 3 - Latest info and club news.
Press 4 - To hear who has bulked up.
Press 5 - To hear about the game plan.
Press 6 - To hear it all again.
Press 7 - To End the conversation.

All the coaches would be in the same mode during pre-season. I just want the real stuff to start. Round 1, bring it on!

MrMahatma
31-01-2008, 01:48 AM
I'd like to hear answers to questions like:

- After losing to the Eagles in 06 you said the dogs had to bulk up to match the power teams, why did it take till this pre-seaon to see any results?
- You've topped up on some players over the pre-season to fill holes in the team structure, if things don't work out do you think doing this will add pressure to you keeping your job?
- The Bulldogs recruiting over the past 3 or so years seems much more balanced than previously, with more KPP being picked up, more ruckman rookied while also keeping enough classy runners coming through the ranks. Was this a consious decision or has it just worked out that way?

FrediKanoute
31-01-2008, 08:03 AM

- After losing to the Eagles in 06 you said the dogs had to bulk up to match the power teams, why did it take till this pre-seaon to see any results?
- You've topped up on some players over the pre-season to fill holes in the team structure, if things don't work out do you think doing this will add pressure to you keeping your job?
- The Bulldogs recruiting over the past 3 or so years seems much more balanced than previously, with more KPP being picked up, more ruckman rookied while also keeping enough classy runners coming through the ranks. Was this a consious decision or has it just worked out that way?

Top questions and the ones that need to be asked and were hopefully asked during the end of season review.

In terms of strengthening the players its something which Eade identified the day he arrived at Whitten oval and a program he immediately embarked on. It was inturrupted by the fitness guy defecting to the Aussie cricket team and then Carlton??? So its fair to say that the work done in 2006 was interuted by the guy leaving.

In terms of your last point I think that this is a definite shift. Wallace's philosophy was all run and carry footy and hence he built a list of down hill skiers. players capable of running forward, but not overly defensively minded. Why Wallce thought he could win a premiership this way is beyond me, but that's what he did. I think Eade's influence is to be a little more traditional structure, big bodied rucks, strong mobile forwards who can take a grab, a mix of inside and outside runners etc.

LostDoggy
31-01-2008, 10:47 AM

Good question. One i have been asking on this site for the past year.

hujsh
31-01-2008, 03:25 PM
In terms of your last point I think that this is a definite shift. Wallace's philosophy was all run and carry footy and hence he built a list of down hill skiers. players capable of running forward, but not overly defensively minded. Why Wallce thought he could win a premiership this way is beyond me, but that's what he did. I think Eade's influence is to be a little more traditional structure, big bodied rucks, strong mobile forwards who can take a grab, a mix of inside and outside runners etc.

That is why Eade shouldn't be under pressure. Untill we see his type of team play we should be patient.

LostDoggy
31-01-2008, 03:43 PM
That is why Eade shouldn't be under pressure. Untill we see his type of team play we should be patient.

How long does he need? He has had 3 yrs and a lot of good draft picks....he would want results very soon

hujsh
31-01-2008, 04:13 PM
How long does he need? He has had 3 yrs and a lot of good draft picks....he would want results very soon

Compare him to Clarkson and he hasn't had an easy job. He has got Wallace's and Rhoad's picks and has tried to make a team. His picks like Williams and Everrit are coming along.

He didn't exactly get to do what Hawthorn did (trade allot of good players and play a terrible style to get a team of top 20 draft picks)

LostDoggy
31-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Compare him to Clarkson and he hasn't had an easy job. He has got Wallace's and Rhoad's picks and has tried to make a team. His picks like Williams and Everrit are coming along.

He didn't exactly get to do what Hawthorn did (trade allot of good players and play a terrible style to get a team of top 20 draft picks)

Clarkson was smart. Had a clean out when he arrived, gave him extra picks. Eade had the option to do that. Did it 2 yrs too late (power, Mcmahon)

Mantis
31-01-2008, 04:44 PM

That's utter crap.

Who are these players you talk about?

We had inherent problems before Eade arrived and it will take more than 3 years to rid the place of these.

hujsh
31-01-2008, 05:33 PM
That's utter crap.

Who are these players you talk about?

We had inherent problems before Eade arrived and it will take more than 3 years to rid the place of these.

Didn't Eade say that they didn't even have a weights program?

hujsh
31-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Clarkson was smart. Had a clean out when he arrived, gave him extra picks. Eade had the option to do that. Did it 2 yrs too late (power, Mcmahon)

Did he really?

Is our club able to say we won't win for a few years and we'll be just fine?

LostDoggy
31-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Did he really?

Is our club able to say we won't win for a few years and we'll be just fine?

Of course. Members are very patient if they can see light at the end of the tunnel

LostDoggy
31-01-2008, 07:21 PM

We cannot afford to have another season where we just fall away and get thumped in succession like we did at the end of 2007.
With a relatively injury free list and acquiring a ruckman and a key forward plus a massively expanded football department everything is in place for the coach to succeed so yes we would want to see improvements very soon.

Mofra
31-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Didn't Eade say that they didn't even have a weights program?
There was no record keeping for the fitness program, so the club couldn't measure progress. There were basic programs but not at the standard you'd expect from a professional club.

Topdog
01-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Of course. Members are very patient if they can see light at the end of the tunnel

We wouldn't be alive if we had done that and seeing how our much our members drop off in the bad years it is absolute bullshit to make a claim like this one.

I do however agree that he'd want to start seeing results soon. Top 6 finish this year is a must in my opinion.