PDA

View Full Version : Clarko is a flog/don't block this week

Go_Dogs
15-05-2018, 07:54 PM
Great to hear an internal memo has been leaked advising the umpires to clamp down on defenders blocking after Clarko went and had a whinge post loss to the Swans. So we can add that to quick handballs and third man up rule he's destroyed over the past 18 months...

Who runs the AFL? Clearly Hawthorn.

bornadog
15-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Another knee jerk reaction, just watch the umps get this wrong and someone lose a match in the dying seconds.

ledge
15-05-2018, 10:03 PM
Clarko and Bevo have been complaining about this problem for a long time , it was even bought up by our VFL coach with Schache on the weekend.

Twodogs
15-05-2018, 11:20 PM
Just leave Tom in the goal square and he will kick four goals in the first quarter if they are serious. The Adelaide plan A in defence is Talia blocks or holds the opposition key forward anf McGivern takes the intercept mark.

Sedat
15-05-2018, 11:31 PM
Happy with Clarko bringing this up - self-interest as it will help Boyd and Schache immeasurably.

Ghost Dog
17-05-2018, 12:01 AM
Personally, I think good on Clarko for flying the flag of his club, even if Horse Longmire thinks he is being a bit of a sulk. If our Bevo had the connections I'd say "go for it".

MrMahatma
17-05-2018, 12:05 AM
Personally, I think good on Clarko for flying the flag of his club, even if Horse Longmire thinks he is being a bit of a sulk. If our Bevo had the connections I'd say "go for it".

I don't see what the issue is either. The blocking sucks. Stop it.

bornadog
17-05-2018, 12:06 AM

Longmire is the sook actually, complaining to the AFL about our GF

Ghost Dog
17-05-2018, 12:08 AM
Longmire is the sook actually, complaining to the AFL about our GF

I missed that. Did he? Ah well, I quite like Horse Longmire. How can you not like a guy named Horse? haha.

ledge
17-05-2018, 05:09 AM
Question is, when is it Ilegal blocking and when is it legal shepherding ?
What's the difference ?
Thought the rule was you could sheperd if the ball was within 10 metres .

MrMahatma
17-05-2018, 08:49 AM
Question is, when is it Ilegal blocking and when is it legal shepherding ?
What's the difference ?
Thought the rule was you could sheperd if the ball was within 10 metres .

5?

I believe marking contests are treated differently. IE: you have to have eyes for them all in a marking contest but a shepherd around the ground you don't.

jeemak
17-05-2018, 11:10 AM
I missed that. Did he? Ah well, I quite like Horse Longmire. How can you not like a guy named Horse? haha.

He's an entitled sook. He instructed his big bodied and experienced midfielders to go as hard as they could to intimidate younger and smaller bodied opposition, and wondered why when the opposition went harder and earlier at the footy free kicks were given away.

Ghost Dog
17-05-2018, 11:21 AM
He's an entitled sook. He instructed his big bodied and experienced midfielders to go as hard as they could to intimidate younger and smaller bodied opposition, and wondered why when the opposition went harder and earlier at the footy free kicks were given away.

Oh well, I guess one is entitled to do such things in a grand final. It didn't work though did it? In the history of finals, rough and tough tactics haven't really worked well. Brereton hit etc.

Twodogs
17-05-2018, 11:28 AM
Oh well, I guess one is entitled to do such things in a grand final. It didn't work though did it? In the history of finals, rough and tough tactics haven't really worked well. Brereton hit etc.

He's entitled to do it but when it backfires, he isn't entitled to blame umpires for his own stupidity and indicate we only won because the umpires were picking on Sydney, which is a ridiculous assertion to make given the Swans were the AFL endorsed team for years.

jeemak
17-05-2018, 11:47 AM
He's entitled to do it but when it backfires, he isn't entitled to blame umpires for his own stupidity and indicate we only won because the umpires were picking on Sydney, which is a ridiculous assertion to make given the Swans were the AFL endorsed team for years.

Correct, he can instruct his team to play as he feels. Only someone from Sydney, or the mollycoddled large Melbourne clubs would have the temerity or sense of entitlement to sook it up after losing a grand final.