PDA

View Full Version : Our best 22 in the back half of 2018

LostDoggy
16-05-2018, 10:09 AM
Given all the injuries we've had early in 2018, we've seen kids get a chance and some excel to the point were they have become fixtures in the team (Naughton, Richards, Gower, Lipinski). This is quite exciting for us as some of our established seniors start to become available again.

Given no further injuries, this should lead to us fielding some fairly stong teams towards the end of the year.

I was thinking of what our best team might look like later this year. Thought it might be a bit of a topic of discussion.

So let's play best case scenario. We're in the finals race, everyone bar Libba and Red are available, what does our best 22 look like. I'll nominate:

B: Morris - Naughton - Cordy
HB: Williams - Wood - Suckling

C: Hunter - Macrae - JJ
R: Trengove - Bont - Mclean

HF: Wallis - Dale - Daniel
F: Gowers - Boyd - Picken

IC: Adams - Dunkley - Dahlhaus - Lipinski

bornadog
16-05-2018, 10:30 AM
Thanks PP, good thread.

From your team missing and possible ins are:

Roughead, Dickson, Richards, Biggs, Jong - and maybe even English

Very tough to put them all in and I need to think about it abit.

LostDoggy
16-05-2018, 10:40 AM
Thanks PP, good thread.

From your team missing and possible ins are:

Roughead, Dickson, Richards, Biggs, Jong - and maybe even English

Very tough to put them all in and I need to think about it abit.

Yeah it's tough to find a spot for them all. I originally had Richards and Dickson in, but had to squeeze them out. Others people could consider may be Schache, Young, Crozier, R.Smith, C.Smith, Webb, Honeychurch, Campbell, Roberts.

Sedat
16-05-2018, 11:34 AM
I've been fascinated by Bevo and our selections all year thus far. Whilst there have been some real head-scratchers, he has been consistent with regard to selecting players that are both fit and in form, and more often than not the end results have been vindicated. On that level, to have cobbled together a 4-4 start to the season with such a shocking hand in terms of injuries and after a disgraceful opening 2 rounds has been very important.

The wider football community simply pencils in a W against the likes of GC, Carlton and Brisbane but they need to be won and these teams are capable of beating anyone on their day - we've done so with far younger teams than all 3 opponents, ironically who are all given additional rope for their relative youth. It's actually off the scale to have only 1 player over 25 in a team that isn't an expansion team just starting out.

Melbourne are lauded as a contender after beating Essendon, St Kilda and Gold Coast in the last 3 weeks. Richmond haven't even beaten a finalist from 2017 this year to date. We are 4-4 and have a host of starting 18 players to come back. I feel an ambush coming on this Friday night against the Crows, who will be without McGovern, Jacobs and possibly Walker as well.

bornadog
16-05-2018, 11:46 AM
Yeah it's tough to find a spot for them all. I originally had Richards and Dickson in, but had to squeeze them out. Others people could consider may be Schache, Young, Crozier, R.Smith, C.Smith, Webb, Honeychurch, Campbell, Roberts.

I have a feeling Crozier will play unless he is injured. The only position I don't like is CHF, but I get where you are coming from. CHB, you can swap Cordy/Wood/Naughton if need be plus you have Adams in to play on stronger forwards.

Ozza
17-05-2018, 07:18 PM
I have a feeling Crozier will play unless he is injured. The only position I don't like is CHF, but I get where you are coming from. CHB, you can swap Cordy/Wood/Naughton if need be plus you have Adams in to play on stronger forwards.

I tend to agree on Crozier. I have a feeling about him that he will build into the season and become a good player for us.