PDA

View Full Version : Bankers And Anchors - Round 15, 2018 vs Geelong

Eastdog
30-05-2018, 09:02 PM
This is the round 15, 2018 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against Geelong is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

GVGjr
29-06-2018, 06:55 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
29-06-2018, 11:46 PM
B

Tom Boyd - 17 touches, 10 contested, 31 hit outs, 8 1%'s including the punch that put it down for Gowers to karate kick the sealer
Richards - The kid is a dream to think of for another 290 games. He's the real deal.
Schache - Again, taking another step forward

A

Jong's injury run. We all feel for you Lin, hopefully you work out your contract off the field now without form.
Harry Taylor - I'm not sure to bank you, or Anch you. But *!*!*!*! you.
Letting them have a chance to steal it, red time shots on goal in 3 quarters tonight.
Barry Hall - Getting sacked live on Triple M tonight. That's your media career over I dare say. Read Twitter is you really want to know what he said...

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
29-06-2018, 11:59 PM
Bankers
1. Red Ed. They should give him another Rising Star nomination. Goals, urgency, ripping tackles and pressure acts.
2. Gowers. Tonight he looked 5 year veteran..and he clearly played under duress most of the night
3.Dahlhaus. His best game since...dometime in 2016

Anchors
1. Goals in the end of Qtrs 1,3 and 4. We should've lost, and it would have been cruel. Gotta work that out.
2. Injuries. Feel for Lin
3. Nope. I'm gonna let a 3rd slide, its been 9 years since we beat the Cats. I'll take this.

westbulldog
30-06-2018, 12:05 AM
B
The onfield presence of Dale Morris - incalculable.
The up yours performances of some guys who imo had been unfairly pilloried on here.
Ed Richards

A, only two
Injuries, far too many, have to ask if conditioning process has anything to do with that.
The handbag's coaches box has been flooded with tears.

westdog54
30-06-2018, 12:23 AM
Bankers

A combined one to Wallis, JJ, Dahlhaus and Dunkley for standing up and making a statement.
Tom Boyd reminded the football weird that he's no one hit wonder. His duel with Stanley was fun to watch.
Brad Lynch had a ripping debut.
Add a bonus one to Roarke Smith for multiple one percenters that Liam Picken would be proud of.

No Anchors tonight, I'm in to good of a mood.

bornadog
30-06-2018, 01:38 AM
Bankers

1. Eds two goals in the last were just match winners. I loved the cool calm and collected snap and goal with Selwood just standing there practically crying and not tackling him.

2. I love the bullocking work of Billy, he really hits the opposition hard and doesn't mind stirring them up.

3. The senior players standing up tonight with Wallis, JJ, Bont, Dahl, Morris, all showing the way.

Anchors

1. Dangerfield and the umpires - never gets pinged holding the ball, trips up Crozier and they get a goal, pushes the pack forward and they get a goal. Gets sheparded by Mclean and drops like a bag od spuds, another Rance actor.

2. Jongs injury, can't take a trick.

3. The one way running by the Geelong midfield.

Twodogs
30-06-2018, 07:57 AM
Anchors

1. Dangerfield and the umpires - never gets pinged holding the ball, trips up Crozier and they get a goal, pushes the pack forward and they get a goal. Gets sheparded by Mclean and drops like a bag od spuds, another Rance actor.

Geelong are a pack of entitled sooks. No wonder Dangerfield transferred there.

G-Mo77
30-06-2018, 11:48 AM
Bankers

Gowers.

Repeat efforts as a forward has been lacking for some time. Multiple leads, defensive pressure and just general hard work. Sure he has his faults but he's starting to put those behind him. Happy for him.

Richards

Knows how to find the goals. The way he's evolved since his first game is amazing. Looks like a 50 gamer already

Dahlhaus

Great to see him in orm. Please don't go, my son will be mortified.

Anchors

Jong, just awful to see him go down again.

Selwood, self entitled twat.

Ablett. Talk up your 30 possessions mate. The goal late was one of the only good things you did. Another Geelong squealer.

merantau
30-06-2018, 07:49 PM
Bankers
Gowers - was always in the game and he plays with INTENT. He has pace, agility, strength and clean hands
Dahlhaus, JJ and Dunckley - played their best games for the year
Tom Boyd - doing a lot of heavy work in the packs to keep the ball moving our way. And with a busted finger.
ANCHORS
1. Lin Jong again. Tragic.
2 P. Dangerfield. Should change his name to 'Minefield' because the umpires are terrified to cross him.
3. Albert- for whinging to the umpires at every opportunity. As a Christian he should know that God is in control of everything. He needs to pray more not whinge.

ratsmac
01-07-2018, 01:52 PM
Bankers

1. Lipinski - I watched half of the replay and this kid definitely got something to add to our midfield for years to come. He was often in the right spots to link up. He is growing in confidence and has plenty of upside. A best of all he can use the ball very well.

2. Dunkley. More of that please. Last time he played like that we had a month of footy I'll never forget which ended up with a premiership. He has had run with roles since returning and if he continues to get 2 goals, 27 possessions 11 contested and 7 tackles a game they'll have to tag him.

3. Dahl. Where has he been all this time. That's the relentless footy that epitomizes Luke Dahlhaus. Broke his nose but kept cracking in. Loved it!

Anchor

1. Jongs injury. That sucks.

2. 35 seconds to go and we are 9 points up and almost lose.

3. Channel 7. We had a debutant too you know. Our home game but all they were talking about was Narkle (wish we had him). The camera knew exactly where his family were. Not once did I see them pan to Lynch's family. Obviously because they didn't even bother doing any research on who they actually are.

EasternWest
01-07-2018, 03:03 PM
Bankers

1. Lipinski - I watched half of the replay and this kid definitely got something to add to our midfield for years to come. He was often in the right spots to link up. He is growing in confidence and has plenty of upside. A best of all he can use the ball very well.

2. Dunkley. More of that please. Last time he played like that we had a month of footy I'll never forget which ended up with a premiership. He has had run with roles since returning and if he continues to get 2 goals, 27 possessions 11 contested and 7 tackles a game they'll have to tag him.

3. Dahl. Where has he been all this time. That's the relentless footy that optimises Luke Dahlhaus. Broke his nose but kept cracking in. Loved it!

Anchor

1. Jongs injury. That sucks.

2. 35 seconds to go and we are 9 points up and almost lose.

3. Channel 7. We had a debutant too you know. Our home game but all they were talking about was Narkle (wish we had him). The camera knew exactly where his family were. Not once did I see them pan to Lynch's family. Obviously because they didn't even bother doing any research on who they actually are.

Narkle does have spectacular hair though. I would've been perfectly happy if they'd focused more on that.

Mantis
02-07-2018, 09:58 AM
Game was too long ago now to go into too much depth, but our last 31 secs was a huge anchor.

Poor tackle by Gowers, leave Duncan all by himself and with about 12 players in D50 we somehow have Roarke Smith on Taylor... Lucky the karma bus hit the flog in the face.

soupman
02-07-2018, 04:57 PM
Game was too long ago now to go into too much depth, but our last 31 secs was a huge anchor.

Poor tackle by Gowers, leave Duncan all by himself and with about 12 players in D50 we somehow have Roarke Smith on Taylor... Lucky the karma bus hit the flog in the face.

Absolutely.

Couldn't believe half the post game interviews with Beveridge said something like "You said you worked on that end game scenario during the week and it showed tonight earning you the four points". We nearly threw away the whole game displaying yet again a complete inability to stop the game for the last two minutes. Luckily we had a bigger margin than last time.