PDA

View Full Version : Always Right Match Committee - Round 16, 2018 vs Hawthorn

Eastdog
30-05-2018, 09:10 PM
Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. This has been named after a long time WOOF member who tragically passed away in March 2018.

Always Right (https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?17881-Vale-always-right)

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 16, 2018 match against Hawthorn at Etihad Stadium?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
29-06-2018, 06:57 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
29-06-2018, 11:47 PM
In

Suckling, midfielder

Out

Jong (injured), Naughton/Trengove

comrade
29-06-2018, 11:48 PM
In

Suckling, midfielder

Out

Jong (injured), Naughton/Trengove

IN:

Greene, Suckling

OUT:

Jong, Trengove

bulldogtragic
29-06-2018, 11:59 PM
IN:

Greene, Suckling

OUT:

Jong, Trengove

Actually, this. Gowers some more midfield time, he's a brute force to stop, and let's see what Greene can do. Hopefully use his athleticism and ability to kick goals for the seniors.

westbulldog
30-06-2018, 12:45 AM
In Suckling
Out Jong

boydogs
30-06-2018, 01:52 AM
Out Trengove, Jong
In Suckling, Picken

GVGjr
30-06-2018, 09:18 AM
Out Trengove, Jong
In Suckling, Picken

Picken was at the Players sponsors area last night along with Caleb Daniel. He gave the impression he is about 3 weeks away from playing but in reality he doesn't know.

Go_Dogs
30-06-2018, 09:31 AM
Out: Jong
In: Suckers

bornadog
30-06-2018, 02:07 PM
In: Suckers

That would be my only change. Not sure why people want to drop Trengove.

Hawks play two rucks, so we may move things around a bit with Naughton going back and Trengove into Fwd/Ruck role.

azabob
30-06-2018, 02:11 PM
I think a few players may be in doubt injury wise - in particular Gowers.

bornadog
30-06-2018, 04:21 PM
I think a few players may be in doubt injury wise - in particular Gowers.

Maybe Crozier with his knee. Dahl copped a broken nose, but he played on and was BOG

Smads57
30-06-2018, 05:02 PM
Maybe Crozier with his knee. Dahl copped a broken nose, but he played on and was BOG

Was watching Crozier carefully at this morning's VFL game as he made his way up the stairs of the old Heatley Stand and he seemed fine - I had expected him to be a bit lame as well from last evening's game

bornadog
30-06-2018, 05:06 PM
Was watching Crozier carefully at this morning's VFL game as he made his way up the stairs of the old Heatley Stand and he seemed fine - I had expected him to be a bit lame as well from last evening's game

Great, he is in top form, and we can't afford to lose another player

Testekill
30-06-2018, 06:36 PM
Only change that I'd make is Suckling for Jong. I've been wanting us to give Lipinski a rest recently but he played his best game ever on the weekend

Twodogs
01-07-2018, 01:41 AM
Only change that I'd make is Suckling for Jong. I've been wanting us to give Lipinski a rest recently but he played his best game ever on the weekend

Suckling in for Jong strengthens the team too. Suckers has been in top form,

Axe Man
02-07-2018, 11:53 AM
That would be my only change. Not sure why people want to drop Trengove.

Hawks play two rucks, so we may move things around a bit with Naughton going back and Trengove into Fwd/Ruck role.

I thought Trengove was awful on Friday night but I would give him another chance to play back on McEvoy/Ceglar when they are forward.

bornadog
02-07-2018, 12:25 PM
I thought Trengove was awful on Friday night but I would give him another chance to play back on McEvoy/Ceglar when they are forward.

Hawkins is a big man and very few backman can hold him back. In the end Hawkins only kicked a few and it could have been worse.

Watch the last quarter and Trengove saved us a few times. Agree he wasn't spectacular, but I thought he was serviceable, and not that bad to drop.

bornadog
02-07-2018, 05:49 PM
Following on from the injury news:

In: Daniel

Suckling out for at least 4 weeks.
The good news is English a chance to return

Nuggety Back Pocket
02-07-2018, 06:06 PM

Trengrove is too slow at full back and better suited playing at half back.

Axe Man
02-07-2018, 06:43 PM
Trengrove is too slow at full back and better suited playing at half back.

He sure is on the slow side which is why a matchup with other lumbering types in McEvoy and Ceglar suits him. Not sure why it matters where in the backline he is?

LostDoggy
03-07-2018, 01:39 PM
Some crazy stats from the Hawthorn game on the weekend. Mitchell had 50 possessions, 18 contested and 9 clearances, yet Hawthorn still got absolutely smashed in contested possessions (190-135) and clearances (51-28). Suspect Dunkley will go to Mitchell and that battle will play a big role on the result. Cordy on Sicily would be most entertaining also.

Bulldog Joe
03-07-2018, 02:42 PM
Some crazy stats from the Hawthorn game on the weekend. Mitchell had 50 possessions, 18 contested and 9 clearances, yet Hawthorn still got absolutely smashed in contested possessions (190-135) and clearances (51-28). Suspect Dunkley will go to Mitchell and that battle will play a big role on the result. Cordy on Sicily would be most entertaining also.

I really want to see that.

SlimPickens
03-07-2018, 02:43 PM
Out: Jong, Williams
In: Daniel, Porter

Our injury list is horrendous, so time for Cal to get a run.

bornadog
03-07-2018, 02:50 PM

Is Williams injured?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-07-2018, 02:52 PM

What, Williams is injured now??

bornadog
03-07-2018, 02:54 PM
What, Williams is injured now??

Yeah, just saw it, out a month with foot injury.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-07-2018, 02:57 PM
Unbelievable....

Mofra
03-07-2018, 03:01 PM
We really are skint for midfielders now.

Twodogs
03-07-2018, 03:10 PM
Excellent another obstacle to overcome. Our upper lips are going to be sore from being stiff so often.

EasternWest
03-07-2018, 04:42 PM
Excellent another obstacle to overcome. Our upper lips are going to be sore from being stiff so often.

Well hopefully we get a look at Fergus Greene now.

Rocket Science
03-07-2018, 04:45 PM
Yeah, just saw it, out a month with foot injury.

A month? Try six weeks (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-03/foot-injury-cuts-down-dog-for-six-weeks)!

bornadog
03-07-2018, 04:46 PM
A month? Try six weeks (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-03/foot-injury-cuts-down-dog-for-six-weeks)!

Season then.

kruder
03-07-2018, 10:30 PM
Unbelievable just as we are gaining some momentum.Why we getting so may foot injuries across the league? Surely Etihad is too hard?

bornadog
03-07-2018, 11:28 PM
Well hopefully we get a look at Fergus Greene now.

Would be good for him to get a shot at it. He has been playing well at VFL level.

Greystache
04-07-2018, 12:26 AM

Just bad luck, that's all.

azabob
04-07-2018, 09:51 AM
I really want to see that.

If Cordy and Sicily play on each other odds on both will be suspended for the next match!

azabob
04-07-2018, 09:54 AM
Just bad luck, that's all.

Yep. Other clubs are worse off than us, so it’s ok....

IN: Porter, Daniel
OUT: Jong, Williams

I went Porter over Greene as Hawthorn typically are extremely organised in the back half and Greene may struggle to get his hands on the footy.

bornadog
05-07-2018, 07:25 PM
In: Daniel and Biggs

Out: Jong. Williams

westdog54
05-07-2018, 07:25 PM
In: Biggs and Daniel
Out: Jong and Williams

Biggs gets another chance after fluffing his last audition.

SlimPickens
05-07-2018, 07:28 PM
In: Biggs and Daniel
Out: Jong and Williams

Biggs gets another chance after fluffing his last audition.

Wonder if we would consider giving Biggs a run with role.

Testekill
05-07-2018, 08:14 PM
I know that the cupboards are bare but Biggs cannot just be given a spot in the side when he's been just dire all year long. I would have been fine if the Port game was the last time that I ever saw him play because he killed us every time he touched the ball or even got near it.

Eastdog
05-07-2018, 08:43 PM
I know that the cupboards are bare but Biggs cannot just be given a spot in the side when he's been just dire all year long. I would have been fine if the Port game was the last time that I ever saw him play because he killed us every time he touched the ball or even got near it.

That was a nightmare first quarter Biggs had in that game. He kept turning it over.

Eastdog
05-07-2018, 08:46 PM
http://m.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-07-05/team-news-round-16?camefrom=EMCL_2372767_104565764

TEAM NEWS: Daniel, Biggs back for Hawks
Troy Daniel
5 July 2018 6:15 PM

The Western Bulldogs have made two changes to their side ahead of Saturday night's clash with Hawthorn at Etihad Stadium.

Lin Jong (collarbone) and Bailey Williams (foot) will be unavailable, while Caleb Daniel will return after missing last week's win over Geelong with knee soreness. Shane Biggs has earned a senior recall.

Biggs last played in the Round 13 loss to Port Adelaide. He gathered 22 touches and six marks playing for Footscray against North Melbourne a fortnight ago.

Hawthorn has had the better of the Bulldogs in recent meetings - winning four of the last five clashes, including a nine-point win over the Dogs in Round 23 last year.

Footscray will play the Box Hill Hawks in a curtain-raiser match at 3.20pm before the AFL match at 7.25pm.

For match day information, including details of the Club's Member Recognition Round, click here.

AFL Round 16 Western Bulldogs vs Hawthorn
Saturday 7 July 2018, 7:25pm AEST
Venue: Etihad Stadium

Full back M Adams J Trengove R Smith
Half back D Morris Z Cordy J Johannisen
Centreline H Crozier M Bontempelli L Hunter
Half forward E Richards J Schache M Wallis
Full forward L Dahlhaus A Naughton B Gowers
Followers T Boyd T McLean J Dunkley
Interchange S Biggs P Lipinski C Daniel
B Lynch
Emergencies L Young M Honeychurch J Roughead
F Greene
IN: S. Biggs, C. Daniel
OUT: B. Williams (foot), L. Jong (collarbone)

ratsmac
05-07-2018, 09:08 PM
2 premiership players come in. That's good enough for me.

Biggs couldn't play any worse than he did in the Port game so it's onwards and upwards from here. With Morris and Adams back in defense with him he will be better....I hope.

azabob
05-07-2018, 09:36 PM
Biggs >>>> Honeychurch

bulldogtragic
05-07-2018, 09:48 PM
Biggs >>>> Honeychurch

Almost anyone on the list, especially Trav Cloke had he not been pressured to go to keep Honeychurch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Honeychurch