PDA

View Full Version : AFL Round 14, 2018

Eastdog
30-05-2018, 09:23 PM
ROUND 14, 2018

Thursday June 21

West Coast Eagles v Essendon, Perth Stadium (8.10pm)

Friday June 22

Port Adelaide v Melbourne, Adelaide Oval (7.50pm)

Saturday June 23

Hawthorn v Gold Coast Suns, UTAS Stadium — Launceston (1.45pm)

Brisbane Lions v GWS Giants, Gabba (4.35pm)

Western Bulldogs v North Melbourne, Etihad Stadium (7.25pm)

Sunday June 24

Collingwood v Carlton, MCG (3.20pm)

Byes: Adelaide, Fremantle, Geelong, Richmond, St Kilda, Sydney Swans

Eastdog
21-06-2018, 12:14 AM
Bump

Flamethrower
22-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Tonight we find out if Port are contenders or pretenders - we already know the Dees are pretenders (with a string of failures against serious competition).

Twodogs
22-06-2018, 08:58 PM
I think Port are more serious than Melbourne. But I have nothing but contempt for Melbourne, they are just a bunch of over hyped bully boys with tickets on themselves. Expverything has come too easy for them with City Hall bailing them out of every bad decision they make. Appoint a new coach and pay his wages? Sure we will. Need a gun administrator to come on and fix up all the historical snafu you have got yourself in? Sure and we will pay his wage as well. Need Jesse Hogan? We will hold a farcical mini-draft that will benefit GWS as well.

G-Mo77
22-06-2018, 09:58 PM
Really good game so far. Hard tough footy, finals atmosphere about it.

We're so dam far from this level it's sad.

Sedat
22-06-2018, 10:19 PM
Really good game so far. Hard tough footy, finals atmosphere about it.

We're so dam far from this level it's sad.
I'm actually finding it a real dirge. Boring, congestion heavy, low scoring, awful foot skills. If the Dogs or Blues were involved the commentators would be lamenting the death of Friday Night Football.

G-Mo77
22-06-2018, 10:30 PM
I'm actually finding it a real dirge. Boring, congestion heavy, low scoring, awful foot skills. If the Dogs or Blues were involved the commentators would be lamenting the death of Friday Night Football.

High pressure so yeah skills won't look great. The tackling and intensity is finals like.

If it were Dogs/Carlton it'd be no pressure and shit skills. :)

The Bulldogs Bite
22-06-2018, 11:50 PM
For all their flair and good play this year Melbourne still can’t beat any team of substance.

Dry Rot
23-06-2018, 01:39 AM
But I have nothing but contempt for Melbourne, they are just a bunch of over hyped bully boys with tickets on themselves. Expverything has come too easy for them with City Hall bailing them out of every bad decision they make. Appoint a new coach and pay his wages? Sure we will. Need a gun administrator to come on and fix up all the historical snafu you have got yourself in? Sure and we will pay his wage as well. Need Jesse Hogan? We will hold a farcical mini-draft that will benefit GWS as well.

What he said.

Weak, tanking, cheating scum of the league.

I haven't forgotten White and 2005 either.

Hate them.

LostDoggy
23-06-2018, 12:03 PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-13/second-coach-implicated-in-essendon-crisis/4626450

(http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-13/second-coach-implicated-in-essendon-crisis/4626450)
What he said.

Weak, tanking, cheating scum of the league.

I haven't forgotten White and 2005 either.

Hate them.

Also, their coach 'Goody' was knee deep in the Essendon Hird/Dank saga but somehow gets a freee pass on that one.

bornadog
23-06-2018, 04:58 PM

You mean the World Cup :D

comrade
23-06-2018, 05:42 PM
You mean the World Cup :D

Last nights Brazil v Costa Rica game was more enjoyable than 90% of the Aussie Rules I’ve seen this year. And I’m no great soccer fan.

bornadog
23-06-2018, 05:46 PM
Last nights Brazil v Costa Rica game was more enjoyable than 90% of the Aussie Rules I’ve seen this year. And I’m no great soccer fan.
Amazing two goals in the last 2 minutes

jeemak
23-06-2018, 05:48 PM
Cameron should get eight weeks for that hit on Andrews.

Dog act.

Remi Moses
23-06-2018, 05:49 PM
Just saw it
Gutless , but typical of those upstarts

Dry Rot
23-06-2018, 06:47 PM
Cameron is a particular piece of scum with form. Isn't he the one that took out JJ one year?

jeemak
23-06-2018, 06:54 PM
Cameron is a particular piece of scum with form. Isn't he the one that took out JJ one year?

Yeah, apparently fairly.

Healy is already saying it was reckless. It wasn't, it was intentional contact with an elbow and just too perfect a connection for it not to have been what he wanted to do. Lined him up from a mile away.

Commentators on Fox are saying 4 weeks, that's not enough. Should be much more than that.

Flamethrower
23-06-2018, 06:58 PM
Looked just like Tony Lockett on Peter Caven at the SCG - Plugger got 8 weeks - seems about right for the hit on Harris Andrews too.

jeemak
23-06-2018, 07:05 PM
Apparently will go straight to tribunal, where 3-6 will be the penalty.

Remi Moses
23-06-2018, 07:11 PM
Hmmm Josh Walker
Looks like he has added some road kill on the bonce

EasternWest
24-06-2018, 11:37 AM
Yeah, apparently fairly.

Healy is already saying it was reckless. It wasn't, it was intentional contact with an elbow and just too perfect a connection for it not to have been what he wanted to do. Lined him up from a mile away.

Commentators on Fox are saying 4 weeks, that's not enough. Should be much more than that.

Cameron is a dog, but I didn't have a problem with the hit on JJ.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2013-07-06/cameron-in-trouble

I still don't.

merantau
24-06-2018, 12:30 PM
Andrews was spark out before he hit the ground. Should get 8, will get 4.

Sedat
24-06-2018, 06:30 PM
It's ridiculous how good Charlie Curnow already is and how much better he will become.

boydogs
24-06-2018, 06:50 PM
Agree with reckless for Cameron. It all happened so quickly with both players turning their bodies he couldn't have meant it, but a flying forearm was the definition of reckless

GVGjr
24-06-2018, 06:54 PM
Agree with reckless for Cameron. It all happened so quickly with both players turning their bodies he couldn't have meant it, but a flying forearm was the definition of reckless

So reckless, high impact, head high and has resulted in a serious injury. Hard to see how he gets less than 4 weeks but this is the AFL and there are rules for some.

soupman
24-06-2018, 07:48 PM
Guy with priors takes out a player courageously going back with the flight of the ball with his most dangerous part of his body in an unnatural position that then renders Andrews out for the rest if the game and possibly facing concussion issues is reckless?

Thats a joke guys. It has to be intentional.

boydogs
26-06-2018, 12:32 AM
Guy with priors takes out a player courageously going back with the flight of the ball with his most dangerous part of his body in an unnatural position that then renders Andrews out for the rest if the game and possibly facing concussion issues is reckless?

Thats a joke guys. It has to be intentional.

Agree with your description, "that then renders Andrews out" not "deliberately knocking Andrews out"

That's reckless to me. Doesn't mean he shouldn't be suspended. 4-6 weeks IMO

Quote from the MRP thread below - that shows the issue with grading it as intentional, it wasn't a cold blooded king hit behind the play

Cameron straight to the tribunal as expected. Michael Christian has graded it as intentional conduct with severe impact to the head.

For context, that was the same grading given to Barry Hall's punch on Brent Staker.