Eastdog
30-05-2018, 09:27 PM
ROUND 16, 2018

Thursday July 5

Sydney Swans v Geelong, SCG (7.20pm)

Friday July 6

Richmond v Adelaide, MCG (7.50pm)

Saturday July 7

Brisbane Lions v Carlton, Gabba (1.45pm)

Port Adelaide v St Kilda, Adelaide Oval (4.35pm)

Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, Etihad Stadium (7.25pm)

Melbourne v Fremantle, TIO Stadium — Darwin (7.40pm)

Sunday July 8

North Melbourne v Gold Coast Suns, Etihad Stadium (1.10pm)

Essendon v Collingwood, MCG (3.20pm)

West Coast Eagles v GWS Giants, Perth Stadium (4.40pm)

Eastdog
04-07-2018, 12:22 PM
Bump

Twodogs
05-07-2018, 12:12 AM
I can't see too many upsets this weekend. Apart from as beating Hawthorn that is.

Remi Moses
05-07-2018, 11:06 PM
Talk about nearly blowing it with bad kicking ..
Geelong fully deserved it , and Sydney get rolled at home again .
Cats lesser lights stood up, and it’s all about Buddy

Remi Moses
05-07-2018, 11:07 PM
The protective rule is out of control
Just ridiculous

jeemak
05-07-2018, 11:20 PM
Sydney are so amazing. Have you heard how amazing they are?

They were tripe tonight. Can't even set up their own ground to score.

Dry Rot
06-07-2018, 01:00 AM
Tonight's game is a rolled gold example of why a close game isn't necessarily a good game.

jeemak
06-07-2018, 01:25 AM
Tonight's game is a rolled gold example of why a close game isn't necessarily a good game.

Imagine the outcry if Nth vs WB dished that shit up!

ratsmac
06-07-2018, 01:52 AM

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who was bored.

Greystache
06-07-2018, 02:14 PM
Imagine the outcry if Nth vs WB dished that shit up!

I'll have to take your word for it, I sat through about 10 mins in the 2nd quarter, and about 7 of the last 10 of the game, that was all I could handle. Switched to Netflix yet again.

Dry Rot
06-07-2018, 02:26 PM
I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who was bored.

Be even more glad you were not there.

I finally had enough and left towards the end when the Cats were in front.

I didn't want to hear either of their crappy songs.

Dry Rot
06-07-2018, 02:29 PM
Jack, McVeigh and Hannebury are all cooked. Parker and Kennedy still go well. Hayward, Ronke and Florent are good youngsters. I have never heard of Robinson, but he was OK.

I wasn't overly impressed with Ablett either.

Twodogs
06-07-2018, 02:45 PM
Jack, McVeigh and Hannebury are all cooked. Parker and Kennedy still go well. Hayward, Ronke and Florent are good youngsters. I have never heard of Robinson, but he was OK.

I wasn't overly impressed with Ablett either.

What's happened to Hannebery? He's fallen off the face of the earth quicker than any player I can remember, apart from maybe Fev but Fev was loud and spectacular like a car crash, while Hannebery has just been forgotten about. I wonder if the knee injury from GF day just never improved to the degree that he can run enough to play effectively.

Ablett is getting ragdolled in tackles constantly. When that starts to happen to a player a lot it's usually a sign that the game is getting past them.

kruder
06-07-2018, 10:27 PM
Seriously has Tex Walker played a decent game in Melbourne since the 2015 final against us? Bloody awful tonight again.

Remi Moses
06-07-2018, 11:14 PM
Walker is an absolute snow flake in big games .
Adelaide proving you need to make the most of making the big dance !
Richmond , it pains me deeply to say this, are going to be nigh on impossible to beat

Remi Moses
06-07-2018, 11:15 PM
I take it Adelaide will be driven to the middle of nowhere blindfolded with the tiger theme song blaring in the bus

ledge
06-07-2018, 11:21 PM
Well that went well.
Pretty much identical to the grand final scores.

comrade
06-07-2018, 11:23 PM
Tigers look incredible.

bornadog
06-07-2018, 11:51 PM
Tigers look incredible.

No pressure on them whatsoever, players running loose everywhere. Also helps when none of their key players are out with injury.

GVGjr
06-07-2018, 11:59 PM
Tigers look incredible.

Backing up on last years success and giving themselves a chance again this year

jeemak
07-07-2018, 02:59 AM
It will be interesting to see what of any competition announces itself over the coming few weeks, West Coast, Sydney and the Pies all have massive questions on them, and everyone else is in a state of flux.

Really poor year for the competition in terms of quality, Richmond deserve credit for seemingly cashing in their opportunity.

Bulldog4life
07-07-2018, 09:24 AM
[QUOTE=jeemak;608503]It will be interesting to see what of any competition announces itself over the coming few weeks, West Coast, Sydney and the Pies all have massive questions on them, and everyone else is in a state of flux.

Collingwood have done extremely well considering all the injuries they have had. Might just to be too much for them to overcome now I would think.

Twodogs
07-07-2018, 10:49 AM
Backing up on last years success and giving themselves a chance again this year

They don't hand out premierships in July mate. They like to sort the men from the boys and that's why they make you wait until September. I think Richmond have been up for too long to make it last until the end of the year.

An injury or two or having to play a final interstate and Richmomd are done, their luck won't hold out until the end of the season,

ledge
07-07-2018, 11:06 AM
They don't hand out premierships in July mate. They like to sort the men from the boys and that's why they make you wait until September. I think Richmond have been up for too long to make it last until the end of the year.

An injury or two or having to play a final interstate and Richmomd are done, their luck won't hold out until the end of the season,

They said that about us when we had all the injuries in 2016 going into finals.

GVGjr
07-07-2018, 11:22 AM

So you don't think it's a reasonable defense of their flag given the sample size? Never said they're going to win it but they're certainly at least giving themselves a chance to be in the mix.

ledge
07-07-2018, 11:51 AM
So you don't think it's a reasonable defense of their flag given the sample size? Never said they're going to win it but they're certainly at least giving themselves a chance to be in the mix.

A chance to be in the mix ? They already are in the mix. They will be in the top 4 at the end of the year.

Twodogs
07-07-2018, 11:51 AM

No, I don't think they are a legitimate premiership team. They were lucky like Steven Bradbury in that teams collapsed in front of them.

When they win away from the MCG with some injuries and the ruling body change rules to bring them to heel then I will concede they have acheived something. Until then Richmomd are just feasting on soft kills with a cheer squad AFL egging them on and making it oh so easy for them. They have acheived very little.

GVGjr
07-07-2018, 12:14 PM
No, I don't think they are a legitimate premiership team. They were lucky like Steven Bradbury in that teams collapsed in front of them.

When they win away from the MCG with some injuries and the ruling body change rules to bring them to heel then I will concede they have acheived something. Until then Richmomd are just feasting on soft kills with a cheer squad AFL egging them on and making it oh so easy for them. They have acheived very little.

I don't think you can use the Bradbury excuse given they have back up last years success so well this year. It's not like there has been a divine parting of the season for them over 2 years. They're a top 4 side this year no matter what.

Sedat
07-07-2018, 12:30 PM
When they win away from the MCG.
They won't have to

bornadog
07-07-2018, 12:52 PM
They won't have to

I know you are talking finals.

Next week they play GWS at Spotless, should tell us alot about both teams.

They haven't beaten us at the MCG since 2012 :D

Twodogs
07-07-2018, 12:57 PM
I don't think you can use the Bradbury excuse given they have back up last years success so well this year. It's not like there has been a divine parting of the season for them over 2 years. They're a top 4 side this year no matter what.

Let's see how they go with some injuries first before we lionise them as the greatest team ever. Let's see how they go when luck turns against them. They are a lucky team, I will concede that and they have the AFL firmly in their corner manipulating things to Richmond's advantage. I'd love to see how they would go is most of their competitive advantage was removed from under them like it was for us.

They are the least deserving premiership team of all time and I won't buy the fact that they are having another good season as proof that they are anything but the competition's golden haired boys. In fact Bradbury was more deserving of his gold medal than any Richmond player who fluked a premiership medal last year.

ledge
07-07-2018, 01:24 PM
Let's see how they go with some injuries first before we lionise them as the greatest team ever. Let's see how they go when luck turns against them. They are a lucky team, I will concede that and they have the AFL firmly in their corner manipulating things to Richmond's advantage. I'd love to see how they would go is most of their competitive advantage was removed from under them like it was for us.

They are the least deserving premiership team of all time and I won't buy the fact that they are having another good season as proof that they are anything but the competition's golden haired boys. In fact Bradbury was more deserving of his gold medal than any Richmond player who fluked a premiership medal last year.

Wow Twodogs you have gone to town on them, way over the top in my opinion.
They are a good side, and flags aren't fluked, they absolutely smashed all sides in the finals last year.
We did it the hard way and a lot harder than them in 2016 but as they say just make finals and be at your best in the final 4 weeks , they were best by the length of the straight last year and look pretty good this year.
They have little injuries but that's also a compliment to their medical staff , that club is doing a lot right !
They copied us from 2016 I have no doubt but they have gone another level with team spirit and playing as mates.
I'm sorry mate but they are a very good outfit.

Sedat
07-07-2018, 01:27 PM
I know you are talking finals.
Yeah, reckon they are a lock for top 2 so they won't have to leave Jolimont in September

ledge
07-07-2018, 01:30 PM
Oh and no ones saying they are the greatest team ever.
We were the golden boys for 2017 but we fell in such a hole the narrative became the opposite.
Along came Richmond and ripped it away while we tried to fix the debacle we became, eg Stringer gate .
We have been our own worst enemy and blokes like Barrett jumped on it.
I have no doubt we are on the way out of it and on the way up again but until then the tigers are the flavour of the last couple of years and they deserve it

Twodogs
07-07-2018, 02:00 PM
Wow Twodogs you have gone to town on them, way over the top in my opinion.
They are a good side, and flags aren't fluked, they absolutely smashed all sides in the finals last year.
We did it the hard way and a lot harder than them in 2016 but as they say just make finals and be at your best in the final 4 weeks , they were best by the length of the straight last year and look pretty good this year.
They have little injuries but that's also a compliment to their medical staff , that club is doing a lot right !
They copied us from 2016 I have no doubt but they have gone another level with team spirit and playing as mates.
I'm sorry mate but they are a very good outfit.

meh! I spoke the truth, that's all. Didn't have to travel, teams self destructed before and while they were playing them, Richmond barely had an injury. They feasted on some soft kills and then someone handed them a premiership Medallian.

I repeat, Luckiest. Premiers. Ever.

ratsmac
07-07-2018, 05:47 PM
Could not for the life of me attach an image properly.

Remi Moses
07-07-2018, 06:22 PM
Wonderful to witness the navy blue rabble hit 5 wooden spoons
Who’s tragic now ?

macca
07-07-2018, 06:37 PM
Wonderful to witness the navy blue rabble hit 5 wooden spoons
Who’s tragic now ?

They have massive holes in their list, the commentators were harping on that for most of the last quarter . They would be a good team to offload a few players. We gave them tutt , Everitt and jones .

It going to be a few more years for them to be competitative . Dale thomas looks tired , graham is slow . Andrew Phillips is still on their list ???? Up there with TOP ekers of the decade

Really enjoyed seeing them get floggged by the lions .

ratsmac
07-07-2018, 06:55 PM
They have massive holes in their list, the commentators were harping on that for most of the last quarter . They would be a good team to offload a few players. We gave them tutt , Everitt and jones .

It going to be a few more years for them to be competitative . Dale thomas looks tired , graham is slow . Andrew Phillips is still on their list ???? Up there with TOP ekers of the decade

Really enjoyed seeing them get floggged by the lions .

Carlton is an ekers paradise!

Twodogs
07-07-2018, 08:18 PM
How was Jones kick to Hipwood? You can see the light go out with some players as they sense they have the ball drop wrong and it did with Jones today.