PDA

View Full Version : Rate a team in 2008: North Melbourne

BulldogBelle
30-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Recent turmoil at the club with the relocation drama averted for the time being, will this have an impact on their season 2008? New board management, new life? News today that Nathan Grima has fallen victim to the dreaded ACL.

Season 2007 saw them in the 8, can this be sustained again? How will their season pan out?

Prediction: 9 - 10 I don't mind North but too much going on internally might hurt them a little. Then again, it might spur them on.

Sockeye Salmon
31-01-2008, 02:21 AM
Should have finished stone motherless last in 2007 but they were so bad they couldn't even lose properly.

14-16.

hujsh
31-01-2008, 02:27 AM
Yeah I don't rate their list.

But who know with them.

always right
31-01-2008, 06:31 PM
No money, average list, uncertain future, poor facilities, doubts on Thompson returning from injury, negative coach......but we say this every year. Should finish bottom four....will probably finish bottom of eight.

LostDoggy
31-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Admire their spirit but they over performed against their true ability. I think anywhere from 10 to 7

FrediKanoute
31-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Overperformed last year. Off field issues will have players looking over their shoulders and the retirement of Archer sees their symbolic avatar gone. Can't see them making the 8 which will place them in a a precarious position especially with the spectre of relocation/failure hanging over them.

hujsh
31-01-2008, 10:49 PM
If anything the players will fight for the club this year not crumble under pressure.

FrediKanoute
01-02-2008, 10:54 PM
If anything the players will fight for the club this year not crumble under pressure.

I disagree. They don't have the stalwarts there anymore. Archer was the last of that breed and the guys there now are "recent" no long term players.....

The Underdog
02-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Did incredibly well last year. I don't know whether we underrate their players because even looking at the list again, it doesn't look like one of the better lists and certainly doesn't seem to have much depth. Wells is still inconsistent - great on a good day but disappears on others, Simpson and Harvey are excellent but getting on. Rawlings is excellent, always does the job against us, usually beats West. I like Firritto and Harris and their ruck depth is pretty good. Not overly impressed with their tall forwards and backs. On talent their probably 10-13, but they always seem to overperform so who knows. Like a lot of teams they could end up 3rd or end up 16th.

mighty_west
05-02-2008, 05:50 PM
The Rooboys are the easy side to dump, always have them bottom 4, yet they come back and bite you on the ass.

Nathan Thompson will be back but not at his best imo, knee injuries can take up to 2 years to really get over, especially in the mind, running around a training track is a whole lot different to the 110% of a game day situation, going flat out at all costs.

If they try & rely on him, they could suffer, but probably good for a 9th - 12th finish.

LostDoggy
13-02-2008, 05:11 PM
This is the team that always does my head in when doing my footy tipping. I picked them week after week last year and then gave up, as soon as I did they started winnning, and winning and winning some more. 5th or 6th for me.

Go_Dogs
13-02-2008, 05:24 PM
I like the look of a lot of their kids. Swallow, Lower etc.