PDA

View Full Version : Bankers And Anchors - Round 17, 2018 vs Melbourne

Eastdog
09-06-2018, 08:02 PM
This is the round 17, 2018 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against Melbourne is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

GVGjr
14-07-2018, 07:28 PM
Bump

westbulldog
14-07-2018, 08:18 PM
B
Jack Macrae's return.
A good first half.
Josh Schache's continued improvement.

A
Match committee take note, Max Gawn just got 9 brownlow votes.
Coaching staff take note, Melbourne did actually kick 8 goals from 10 entries in the 3rd quarter, it wasn't a mirage folks.
Razor Ray low fiving the opposition.

bulldogtragic
14-07-2018, 08:26 PM
B

Schache. When we have a consistent midfield who kick to his advantage he will be a two goal a game player.
Wallis. 20+ and 3 goals, last week and tonight. You're making a hell of a statement to someone.
First half pressure.

A

Another putrid last half. About 120 points given up in the last two last halves.
Coaching team. Last three weeks the oppo shut down the leading possession getter (Crozier, JJ, Macrae) and there seems no plan b.
Selecting HC. I know the cupboard is bare, but enough.

Remi Moses
14-07-2018, 08:31 PM
B - The first half ( sounds familiar)
- Schache looks really promising
- Wallis getting touches and hitting the scoreboard
- potential Pick 4 or 3
A- The second half and our abysmal embarrassing third terms
- Jordan Roughead was just murdered by Gawn
- No more of Honeychurch

bornadog
15-07-2018, 12:45 AM
Bankers

1. Macrae - great return
2. Wallis tries his guts out.
3. Loved Hunters game.

Anchors

1. Rules of the game - easiest free kick to get, just fall over someone bending over to get the ball - what a joke. Umpires have no common sense, the sliding rule is for a late sliding in, not for a dickhead player falling over when someone was there before them

2. The whinging Melbourne supporters around me.

3. 50 metre penalty for being within the players zone - we don't get them they did.

ratsmac
15-07-2018, 01:14 PM
Bankers

1. Macrae - great return
2. Wallis tries his guts out.
3. Loved Hunters game.

Anchors

1. Rules of the game - easiest free kick to get, just fall over someone bending over to get the ball - what a joke. Umpires have no common sense, the sliding rule is for a late sliding in, not for a dickhead player falling over when someone was there before them

2. The whinging Melbourne supporters around me.

3. 50 metre penalty for being within the players zone - we don't get them they did.

Your anchors just made me angry all over again. We see but the umps can't.

The 10 metre exclusion zone is an absolute joke and it has actually ruined the game for no reason what so ever. I can't think of even 1 thing that was a major problem to the game of why it was even introduced. Players simply running away from the player with the ball are being penalised with a 50 metre penalty. The game has gone mad.

ratsmac
15-07-2018, 02:22 PM
Bankers

1. I loved Josh Schache's game yesterday. His improvement has been steady. He is still soft as butter in the one on ones but he presents and can read the play. He is putting his body in more and more which will help harden him up overtime. He is getting involved more often as well.

2. Josh Dunkley. This bloke has taken his medicine when he was dropped back to Footscray and come back a different player. He's playing a bit of a different role but is back on track. He looks like he is loving playing on the opposition's best mids and is learning off them.

3. Mitch Wallis. He is showing everybody involved in list management that he is a required player. I don't care that he has his limitations and that we might get a good compo pick if he chooses free agency. He is the sort of player/person that football clubs need. He is in the M Boyd, Cross and Morris mould. He bleeds RWB so let's keep it that way. Sign him.

Banchor

Injuries. Yes I'm giving injuries a banchor purely for the fact that it has forced us to play the likes of Lipinski, Naughton, Gowers, Richards, Lynch and even Rourke Smith. You could throw English in there as well before he got injured. Getting games into these guys can only benefit the team in so many ways.

Anchors

1. 3rd quarter lapses. Concentration, fitness, personnel or shit game plan. Whatever is going on it sucks.

2. Being premiers less than 2 years ago now this. So depressing. Although being premiers less than 2 years ago could also be a banker.

3. Lynch. Bit harsh I know but mate be aware of your surroundings before trying to take off every time. He has cost us goals in the last couple weeks doing this. Don't stop running off, just learn when it's not feasible.

boydogs
15-07-2018, 09:22 PM
The 10 metre exclusion zone is an absolute joke and it has actually ruined the game for no reason what so ever. I can't think of even 1 thing that was a major problem to the game of why it was even introduced

Travis Varcoe shepherding the man on the mark

Bulldog Joe
15-07-2018, 10:07 PM
Travis Varcoe shepherding the man on the mark

That is not impacted by the rule.