PDA

View Full Version : Bankers And Anchors - Round 20, 2018 vs St. Kilda

Eastdog
09-06-2018, 08:08 PM
This is the round 20, 2018 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against St. Kilda is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

GVGjr
04-08-2018, 10:23 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
04-08-2018, 10:59 PM
B

Schache
Crozier
Bonts

A

No goal quarter to start.
Wallis for missing his first shot on goal since the bye. Cmon man, it was 100%!! I suppose 95% is passable.

Ghost Dog
05-08-2018, 01:24 PM
Bankers: Ghost Dog. Obviously the club has started listening to me again and decided to get back in form. ;)
Lin K for making it back. Bont for being Bont.

Anchors: First quarters that lull teams into a false sense of security. Not a bad strategy Bevo, but better to kick a few more in the first next time.

Ozza
06-08-2018, 12:01 PM
Bankers:

Caleb Daniel - he's been struggling this season, but was brilliant Saturday night. He was coming off half back as the 'spitter', and just carved the saints up with his disposal. I think his 2nd quarter completely changed the game, so influential.

Jack Macrae - was being tagged by Steele, who has been doing some huge jobs lately. He just ran Steele into the ground, and we're seeing this from Macrae regularly, where he just outworks and outsmarts the taggers. Some of his kicks across his body seemed like they'd been borrowed from Suckling.

Dunkley - is flying since becoming a genuine midfielder. And along with Lipinski - puts up huge GPS numbers every week working hard both ways.

Anchors:

That first quarter was awful. As bad as it gets.

Twodogs
07-08-2018, 01:41 AM
Bankers:

Caleb Daniel - he's been struggling this season, but was brilliant Saturday night. He was coming off half back as the 'spitter', and just carved the saints up with his disposal. I think his 2nd quarter completely changed the game, so influential.

Jack Macrae - was being tagged by Steele, who has been doing some huge jobs lately. He just ran Steele into the ground, and we're seeing this from Macrae regularly, where he just outworks and outsmarts the taggers. Some of his kicks across his body seemed like they'd been borrowed from Suckling.

Dunkley - is flying since becoming a genuine midfielder. And along with Lipinski - puts up huge GPS numbers every week working hard both ways.

Anchors:

That first quarter was awful. As bad as it gets.

After our second defensive punch from their goalsquare in a row went to a St Kilda player standing by himself in front of the pack (and in front of goal) I just had to pop out into the backyard and just sort of stand there so I missed a lot of it thankfully.