PDA

View Full Version : Bankers And Anchors - Round 21, 2018 vs North Melbourne

Eastdog
09-06-2018, 08:09 PM
This is the round 21, 2018 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against North Melbourne is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

GVGjr
12-08-2018, 03:23 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
12-08-2018, 05:18 PM
B

Fergus - he deserves both my B&A and 3 things nomination. 5 marks I50, 6 shots at goal, 8 score involvements with poor delivery in his third game. He's going to be a very good player. He and Schache had 14 score involvements today between them, that's more than 1/2
Knocking North out of the finals. Seems Higgins & Hrovat's lippiness over the last 18 months might he been about 8 premierships points premature for this year. And just so you know, it was us that killed those finals dreams of yours. Have a nice Spring & Summer lads.
Morris: He'd Dale *!*!*!*!ing Morris.

A

If both rucks don't get to the ball up, and players stop, recall it for *!*!*!*! sake.
Not remonstrating all that faux tough man man bullshit cheap shots nearly all the time. Remonstrate and hit them harder, as Cordy may have done if he wasn't injured.
Red time shots on goal, red time goals, nearly going another hart er without scoring a goal. A win is great, not having first quarters and halves like that would be better.

bornadog
12-08-2018, 06:12 PM
Bankers

1. Midfield domination - I don't think there has ever been a game where 3 players had 40 plus disposals, and the Bont 35

2. The coaching team, all year supporters and media speculated there was something wrong at the club. Only two players have played every game which made it hard for the coaches to gel the team together. Now the plans are coming together, and we will have momentum going into next year.

3. The Bont's two goals, especially the one from outside 50.

Anchors

1. Injury to Cordy. This is the second time against North - something suspicious there. ;)

2. The first half kicking into the forward 50, and seemingly straight to Daw

3. Tackling and around the ground marking - North way on top.

bulldogtragic
12-08-2018, 07:08 PM
A (4th)

Sandy Roberts: "It's been a strange year for Lin Jong. Only the 9 games. It was only 2016 when he was a premiership hero".

I'm not paying that he was talking about the VFL Premiership here, especially after not knowing his injuries and referencing his AFL games this year.

Still, better than listening to Lyon drivel shit. I swear the Foxtel Management first order of business after the footy season ends is working out how to make their coverage dumber, and put their audience in a virtual state of post lobotomy surgery.

The bulldog tragician
12-08-2018, 08:10 PM
Bankers

1. Midfield domination - I don't think there has ever been a game where 3 players had 40 plus disposals, and the Bont 35

2. The coaching team, all year supporters and media speculated there was something wrong at the club. Only two players have played every game which made it hard for the coaches to gel the team together. Now the plans are coming together, and we will have momentum going into next year.

3. The Bont's two goals, especially the one from outside 50.

Anchors

1. Injury to Cordy. This is the second time against North - something suspicious there. ;)

2. The first half kicking into the forward 50, and seemingly straight to Daw

3. Tackling and around the ground marking - North way on top.

according to Sir Swamp Thing on Twitter, it’s the first time it’s ever happened.. and none of the 40 + guys were even BOG!

Sedat
12-08-2018, 09:59 PM
The only anchor I have is that our win has significantly helped out Chris Scott and the Cats.

bulldogtragic
12-08-2018, 10:09 PM
The only anchor I have is that our win has significantly helped out Chris Scott and the Cats.

Just need Port to win both games now crucially. There's still hope!

Ozza
12-08-2018, 10:13 PM
Bankers: (Bont is too obvious! I’ll banker the others)

Macrae’s Hands - the amount of times that the footy rocketed off a contest/spoil and he just grabs it clean, instantly surveys the area, and chooses the right option. He makes it look easy, so its easy for us to expect it, rather than appreciate the ridiculous talent it requires to do what he does.

Lachy Hunter - according to the coach, he hurt his shoulder in the first quarter - but just stayed out there and played nearly all of the game time. He could deadset get a kick sitting on the bench. And importantly, used it well today.

JJ - I think for many supporters he is the first one to get ‘kicked’. Thought his dashing runs were outstanding today. The way he took the game on opened up the field and helped get us going.

Anchors:

Hard to anchor any during an unexpected win.
Thought Lynch, Roughy and Jong really struggled in the first half and managed to salvage something and make their days better in the second half.

Testekill
13-08-2018, 12:43 AM
B

Trengove- Without him we would have lost today; Goldstein is cooked but Trengove negated him in the ruck and his ground work was very reminiscent of Ben Hudson.
Hunter- Played out the entire game despite the stinger he copped and had the ball on a string.
Greene- It was an almost game for Fergie but he has tremendous leading patterns and has confidence to spare so he backs himself in with his set shots. Yes he kicked 1.4 but he was actually threatening out there.

A

Cordy getting injured- it isn't a 2018 game for us without a serious injury. Just put him in cotton wool for the rest of the year, he's been great but might as well since there's just 2 weeks left.
Forward 50 delivery- you'd swear that Daw was on our team in the first half when we just kept kicking it straight to him; second half we lower our eyes and he's suddenly a non factor.

I don't really have a third one but Ben Brown constantly looks for free kicks and goes to ground.

ratsmac
13-08-2018, 01:05 AM
B

Trengove- Without him we would have lost today; Goldstein is cooked but Trengove negated him in the ruck and his ground work was very reminiscent of Ben Hudson.
Hunter- Played out the entire game despite the stinger he copped and had the ball on a string.
Greene- It was an almost game for Fergie but he has tremendous leading patterns and has confidence to spare so he backs himself in with his set shots. Yes he kicked 1.4 but he was actually threatening out there.

A

Cordy getting injured- it isn't a 2018 game for us without a serious injury. Just put him in cotton wool for the rest of the year, he's been great but might as well since there's just 2 weeks left.
Forward 50 delivery- you'd swear that Daw was on our team in the first half when we just kept kicking it straight to him; second half we lower our eyes and he's suddenly a non factor.

I don't really have a third one but Ben Brown constantly looks for free kicks and goes to ground.
Spot on. Daw was killing us with his aerial marking but we made him look better him kicking it straight to him. I'm glad they changed the way we bought the ball into the 50 in the second half.

ratsmac
13-08-2018, 01:33 AM
Bankers

1. Daniel. I love the way we have used him in the last couple weeks. We are trying to get the ball in his hands as much as possible starting in defense. He has played his best 2 games this and last week since 2016 I reckon.

2. Trengove. This bloke is starting to play for the jumper. I can see why everyone at port loved him. Tough as nails too.

3. Dale Morris. The 2 on 1 contest on the wing should of been a shot at goal for north. Not on Moz's watch.

Anchors.

1. Ferg' s set shot misses. It's harsh to anchor a 3rd gamer but he could of iced the game a couple times. I'm still excited about this kid though. He has really really long arms and marks the ball well for a skinny wirey type.

2. The old looking umpire. Waite absolutely lines up Trengove with zero eyes for the ball and no 50 metre penalty. It was the easiest 50 he would've ever paid yet he didn't have the balls to pay it. Waite should get a week imo. That umpire was definitely a north sympathiser.

3. Cordys fractured head. Ouch. Typical bulldogs 2018.

westbulldog
13-08-2018, 11:47 AM
Bankers
Dale Morris - "Speaking after the win, Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge said: "It was a pretty good eight-possession game today from Moz, when you consider how hard he hit contests, how many spoils he made, and how many North Melbourne transitions he foiled".
"Morris has played a composed, tough and daring brand of football his whole career and when the Bulldogs matched that, as a unit, in the third quarter, they left North Melbourne in their wake." Anthony Colangelo The Age
Lachie Hunter - his effort and generalship was outstanding, particularly having suffered a painful shoulder injury.
The Bont - he has that innate ability that all sporting champions to seem to have - all the time in the world to perform in pressure situations.

Anchors
Zaine's injury.

Axe Man
13-08-2018, 12:03 PM
A (4th)

Sandy Roberts: "It's been a strange year for Lin Jong. Only the 9 games. It was only 2016 when he was a premiership hero".

I'm not paying that he was talking about the VFL Premiership here, especially after not knowing his injuries and referencing his AFL games this year.

Still, better than listening to Lyon drivel shit. I swear the Foxtel Management first order of business after the footy season ends is working out how to make their coverage dumber, and put their audience in a virtual state of post lobotomy surgery.

I like Sandy but maybe it's time he hangs up the microphone. He also called number 27 for North Lipinski at one stage.

Garry Lyon was driving me insane, made me wish Dwayne Russell was commentating instead and that's saying something.

westbulldog
13-08-2018, 12:10 PM
Nothing has changed :) who remembers this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djVEWSDCDHc

I don't mind Sandy Robert's commentary nor Anthony Hudson's nor Gerard Healy's special comments. Dwayne though is simply anti bulldog and an awful commentator.

Mofra
13-08-2018, 12:14 PM
B:

- Brad Scott's petulant press conference. It shouldn't matter, but it did make me enjoy the victory just a tiny bit more.

- Half time changes to position and instruction. All seemed to work.

- Trengove. Just a warrior, does what he asked as well as he can. Love the attitude/aggression.

A:

- Roughy seemed to struggle everywhere, especially early. Seemed almost meek which is unlike him.

- Injury gods

merantau
13-08-2018, 09:44 PM
Nothing has changed :) who remembers this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djVEWSDCDHc

I don't mind Sandy Robert's commentary nor Anthony Hudson's nor Gerard Healy's special comments. Dwayne though is simply anti bulldog and an awful commentator.

Remember it well. Thanks for sharing. YouTube- where would we be without It?

Twodogs
13-08-2018, 09:59 PM
Remember it well. Thanks for sharing. YouTube- where would we be without It?

I'm guessing Dailymotion?

boydogs
13-08-2018, 11:37 PM
- Roughy seemed to struggle everywhere, especially early. Seemed almost meek which is unlike him

He's meek a lot IMO. Struggles with the physicality of the game, especially the ruck

merantau
14-08-2018, 09:47 AM
I'm guessing Dailymotion?

I'm not with you TD. Heads up?

AndrewP6
14-08-2018, 11:22 AM
I'm not with you TD. Heads up?

Dailymotion is a video sharing website.