PDA

View Full Version : Always Right Match Committee - Round 20, 2018 vs St. Kilda

Eastdog
09-06-2018, 08:18 PM
Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. This has been named after a long time WOOF member who tragically passed away in March 2018.

Always Right (https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?17881-Vale-always-right)

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 20, 2018 match against St. Kilda at Etihad Stadium?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
29-07-2018, 03:02 PM
Bump

bulldogtragic
29-07-2018, 06:42 PM
Out

Bonts (general soreness)

In

Roarke Smith

The Bulldogs Bite
29-07-2018, 06:48 PM
Collins and/or Young should play every game from here out.

Out - Roberts & Honeychurch
In - Collins & Young

Play Adams forward. If Bont is sore put him out for the year. Porter and co options if that’s the case

dukedog
29-07-2018, 07:41 PM
Collins and/or Young should play every game from here out.

Out - Roberts & Honeychurch
In - Collins & Young

Play Adams forward. If Bont is sore put him out for the year. Porter and co options if that’s the case

Was. Gonna write this. But it is done.

bornadog
29-07-2018, 07:47 PM
In: English, Smith, Young, Biggs

Out: Roughead, HC, Adams, Roberts

Current thoughts but may have another look.

Happy Days
29-07-2018, 08:22 PM
In: English, Young, Gowers

Out: Roberts, Honeychurch, Roughead

I'm not really across Gowers' injury but if he isn't right then literally anyone else on the list can come in for HC.

GVGjr
29-07-2018, 08:26 PM
For what its worth Im told the injury to Williams is a bit worse than first thought

bulldogtragic
29-07-2018, 08:30 PM
For what its worth Im told the injury to Williams is a bit worse than first thought

Sounds like bad luck.

azabob
29-07-2018, 09:36 PM
Sounds like bad luck.

But we are conservative, so it’s ok.

bulldogtragic
29-07-2018, 09:41 PM
But we are conservative, so it’s ok.

Load off my mind to hear that. I hope you're not getting my hopes up and that someone like Chris Bell actually said this.

Grantysghost
29-07-2018, 10:26 PM

He was standing in the race today watching the game with a moonboot on.

Bumper Bulldogs
29-07-2018, 10:51 PM
Why drop HC. He’ll help the saints beat us and they will move ahead of us on the ladder.

Bulldog4life
30-07-2018, 04:47 PM
Why drop HC. He’ll help the saints beat us and they will move ahead of us on the ladder.

I must be one of the few on this forum who want us to win.

The bulldog tragician
30-07-2018, 04:57 PM

I want us to win. Playing for draft picks is a slippery slope.

bornadog
30-07-2018, 05:16 PM

I want us to win. Playing for draft picks is a slippery slope.

Same

Besides gives the young blokes (and older) some confidence going into next year.

GVGjr
30-07-2018, 05:56 PM

And I think we can win 3 games for the balance of the season if we play at our best.

Mantis
30-07-2018, 06:10 PM
And I think we can win 3 games for the balance of the season if we play at our best.

Given we have won 1 of our last 10 it is fair to say playing at our best doesn't happen all that regularly.

bornadog
30-07-2018, 06:16 PM
Roarke Smith, Kieran Collins, Lin Jong, Tory Dickson, Tom Campbell

All should be back this week.

Gowers still 1 to 2, and Tom Boyd 2 to 3 weeks out.

GVGjr
30-07-2018, 06:18 PM
Given we have won 1 of our last 10 it is fair to say playing at our best doesn't happen all that regularly.

The Saints and Blues are winnable games and we always seem to play well against North.
Not saying it's going to happen but I will be mighty annoyed if we don't win 2 of the games.

GVGjr
30-07-2018, 06:19 PM

Chris Grant didn't give the impression that Smith would definitely be back

Sedat
30-07-2018, 06:22 PM
Chris Grant didn't give the impression that Smith would definitely be back
His concussion and knee injury was news to all of us today, seeing as it was only a cut head last Friday.

Communication breakdown once again - small issue but unnecessarily tardy.

GVGjr
30-07-2018, 06:27 PM
His concussion and knee injury was news to all of us today, seeing as it was only a cut head last Friday.

Communication breakdown once again - small issue but unnecessarily tardy.

Chris addressed the WB Lounge group and mentioned Smith yesterday. He just gave the impression the accident was a bit more serious than reported. He even mentioned the lady who was involved got a more serious leg injury from it.

Axe Man
30-07-2018, 06:50 PM

Of those I would only bring Jong in to try and balance the team a little. At least he should have been able to maintain reasonable fitness with a collarbone injury.

Smith sounds unlikely to be available.
Collins no because we need fewer key defenders, not more.
Dickson has been out for too long to come straight back.
Can't see Campbell replacing Roughy but wouldn't worry me either way.

Grantysghost
30-07-2018, 06:56 PM
Same

Besides gives the young blokes (and older) some confidence going into next year.

Especially when you think MacRae was 6 and Bont was 4. Not sure it really matters too much if you nail the pick. The earlier I guess the less excuses.

Go_Dogs
30-07-2018, 07:28 PM
In: English, Young

Out: Roughead, Roberts

Let's give some of our younger players a taste as we finish off the year to hopefully set an expectation for the upcoming pre-season and give them the hunger to improve. I also don't think we'll lose anything by virtue of these changes.

Sedat
30-07-2018, 07:38 PM
Kudos to HC for getting to the top level and playing close to 50 games, but can we please acknowledge that he's not quite up to it? Conditions tailor-made for him yesterday and he had 1 possession to half time. I wish him well - he has taken many hits for the jumper.

Porter in for HC - give the kid a taste

Jong in for Adams as well - selection integrity vital and Adams has simply been sub-par for over a month.

We were top-heavy yesterday irrespective of the conditions. Morris can take Gresham, Roberts to take Marshall and Naughton to go to Membrey.

Bullies
31-07-2018, 10:29 AM
Same

Besides gives the young blokes (and older) some confidence going into next year. I think once it comes to game time everyone wants to win and do well but at the end of the game if you don't win you can look at the positive and know your a chance for a better pick.

bornadog
31-07-2018, 10:30 AM
I think once it comes to game time everyone wants to win and do well but at the end of the game if you don't win you can look at the positive and know your a chance for a better pick.

Of course, but I am not rooting for a loss. ;)

The way our second halves have been going, I can't see us winning another game.

MrMahatma
31-07-2018, 10:51 AM
The Saints and Blues are winnable games and we always seem to play well against North.
Not saying it's going to happen but I will be mighty annoyed if we don't win 2 of the games.

I actually reckon the Saints might put us to the sword.

Axe Man
31-07-2018, 11:07 AM
I actually reckon the Saints might put us to the sword.

Saints have been having poor first halves, us poor second halves. We could be up by 10 goals at half time and still lose.

Twodogs
31-07-2018, 10:36 PM
Saints have been having poor first halves, us poor second halves. We could be up by 10 goals at half time and still lose.

When have I seen that before?

Rocket Science
02-08-2018, 07:33 PM
INS: Roarke Smith, Tory Dickson, Lin Jong

OUTS: Mitch Honeychurch (omitted), Fletcher Roberts (omitted) & Marcus Adams (INJURED)

No, not a misprint. Marcus Adams. Injured. Well blow me down.

G-Mo77
02-08-2018, 07:35 PM
Lol. Dart board selections, I guess not much to aim at. Saints to win this by 30 odd points.

Grantysghost
02-08-2018, 07:36 PM
When have I seen that before?

Ah yes when Clay did his knee.

Twodogs
02-08-2018, 08:04 PM
INS: Roarke Smith, Tory Dickson, Lin Jong

OUTS: Mitch Honeychurch (omitted), Fletcher Roberts (omitted) & Marcus Adams (INJURED)

No, not a misprint. Marcus Adams. Injured. Well blow me down.

What a rotten bit of luck!

Twodogs
02-08-2018, 08:05 PM
Ah yes when Clay did his knee.

That was a bad day at the office.

jeemak
02-08-2018, 08:09 PM
Do we have a game this week?

Twodogs
02-08-2018, 08:15 PM
Do we have a game this week?

Yup. We are contractually obliged.

Doc26
02-08-2018, 08:57 PM
Rumour has it the Head of Marketing & Sponsorship at Mercedes Benz Vans was walked out of the building today :)

westdog54
02-08-2018, 09:18 PM
I can't for the life of me figure out what is keeping English out

Twodogs
02-08-2018, 09:21 PM
Rumour has it the Head of Marketing & Sponsorship at Mercedes Benz Vans was walked out of the building today :)

Maybe he airbrushed Mesit Ozul out of that picture?

ratsmac
02-08-2018, 09:44 PM
Why do all our players get injured during the week? No one gets injured on game day but the next week team announcements, injured.

Rocket Science
02-08-2018, 10:04 PM
Why do all our players get injured during the week? No one gets injured on game day but the next week team announcements, injured.

It's because of all the car crashes.

Twodogs
02-08-2018, 10:38 PM

Just bad luck I expect.

kruder
02-08-2018, 10:44 PM
Still no Young? I'm guessing there is something we don't know

jeemak
03-08-2018, 01:07 AM

Just standard procedure for a club not communicating effectively internally, with that being mirrored with a lack of effectiveness in external communication.

Bullies
03-08-2018, 08:12 AM
Why do all our players get injured during the week? No one gets injured on game day but the next week team announcements, injured. it is like Redpath always being 2 - 3 weeks on the injury list when for all we know he probably had another knee reconstruction.

Twodogs
03-08-2018, 08:25 AM
it is like Redpath always being 2 - 3 weeks on the injury list when for all we know he probably had another knee reconstruction.

A reco? Redders could be dead for all that we have seen him this year.

Axe Man
03-08-2018, 12:01 PM
Despite the negativity the side looks to be much better balanced than it has in recent weeks.

bornadog
03-08-2018, 02:34 PM
Despite the negativity the side looks to be much better balanced than it has in recent weeks.

What a difference when a couple of players are back. Good to see Greene get another shot and hopefully Dickson can kick a couple.

The Underdog
03-08-2018, 04:44 PM

I’d feel slightly better if 2 of those players weren’t coming back from injury with no game time for significant periods.

Axe Man
03-08-2018, 05:19 PM
I’d feel slightly better if 2 of those players weren’t coming back from injury with no game time for significant periods.

I feel better about Jong and Dickson returning than I do about Smith. Jong should be fine fitness wise, should have been able to do get through some decent training in the last couple of weeks you would think. Dickson I have no idea how he will return after so long out.

The cupboard is bare but at least we aren't playing half a side of key defenders against a St Kilda team with only Membrey (188cm) and Battle (193cm) as key forwards.