PDA

View Full Version : AFL Round 18, 2018

Eastdog
09-06-2018, 10:59 PM
ROUND 18, 2018

Friday July 20

St Kilda v Richmond, Etihad Stadium (7.50pm)

Saturday July 21

Collingwood v North Melbourne, MCG (1.45pm)

Sydney Swans v Gold Coast Suns, SCG (2.10pm)

Essendon v Fremantle, Etihad Stadium (4.35pm)

Brisbane Lions v Adelaide, Gabba (7.25pm)

Geelong v Melbourne, GMHBA Stadium (7.25pm)

Sunday July 22

Carlton v Hawthorn, Etihad Stadium (1.10pm)

West Coast Eagles v Western Bulldogs, Perth Stadium (3.20pm)

Port Adelaide v GWS Giants, Adelaide Oval (4.40pm)

Eastdog
16-07-2018, 03:10 PM
Bump

GVGjr
21-07-2018, 08:07 AM
Awful game last night but Richmond looked good again.

Lambert, Prestia, Martin and Higgins were all impressive

Hotdog60
21-07-2018, 08:10 AM
I got though until 15 mins of the 2nd quarter and then switch over to watch the Bourne Identity for the 15th time.

GVGjr
21-07-2018, 09:43 AM
I got though until 15 mins of the 2nd quarter and then switch over to watch the Bourne Identity for the 15th time.

It was hard to watch early on, I caught up with some ex work colleagues at a pub and we all thought the Tigers looked good but it was a poor game

Go_Dogs
21-07-2018, 10:08 AM
I feel for St Kilda. They've missed the mark with so many draft picks over the past 5 years and are now behind Carlton in the rebuild stakes.

Rocket Science
21-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Norf are to seasons, what we are to games lately.

Decent first half chaps, but then what happened?

DOG GOD
21-07-2018, 05:33 PM
Gold Coast beats Sydney IN Sydney...wow....imagine the bake from Longmire ;)

bulldogsthru&thru
21-07-2018, 05:35 PM

Was the umps fault I’m sure

Rocket Science
21-07-2018, 05:44 PM

The nice thing about this from a draft perspective is they're now only a game beneath us.

Time for some late season rooting.

Greystache
21-07-2018, 05:50 PM
The nice thing about this from a draft perspective is they're now only a game beneath us.

Time for some late season rooting.

They've got Carlton next week. Every chance to finish in front of us.

The Underdog
21-07-2018, 05:58 PM

After Sydney were 5 goals up at quarter time. 2 goalless quarters and outscored 11.11 to 2.12 over 3 quarters. They were beyond awful.

Twodogs
21-07-2018, 06:19 PM

Hopefully that means it's a "interstate visiting underdog" upset win sort of weekend.

bornadog
21-07-2018, 06:32 PM
Hopefully that means it's a "interstate visiting underdog" upset win sort of weekend.

Freo 3 points up, so may work out

bornadog
21-07-2018, 06:40 PM
The only former player that I don't hate is Hamling. Watching him now against the Bombres.

macca
22-07-2018, 12:23 AM
Melbourne just blew their top 4 chance. Love seeing the shattered faces on their p* weak players. They cannot afford to lose anymore games from here!

How many times does Geelong get a chance to mark just before the Siren?

Cats back in the 8. Need hawthorn to win tomorrow, to make the ladder log jam even more interesting.

Good game to watch as thoroughly enjoyed seeing melbourne cough up a 30 point lead ... and to lose on the siren.

bornadog
22-07-2018, 12:05 PM
Melbourne just blew their top 4 chance. Love seeing the shattered faces on their p* weak players. They cannot afford to lose anymore games from here!

How many times does Geelong get a chance to mark just before the Siren?

Cats back in the 8. Need hawthorn to win tomorrow, to make the ladder log jam even more interesting.

Good game to watch as thoroughly enjoyed seeing melbourne cough up a 30 point lead ... and to lose on the siren.

Too bad the loss had to be against Geelong. Hate the coach, Selwood, Dangerfield they are all smart arses. SElwood constantly throwing his arms up in the air looking for a free kick and Dangerfield milking a free kick when he pretends he is in the ruck. Disgraceful

Twodogs
22-07-2018, 01:57 PM
Too bad the loss had to be against Geelong. Hate the coach, Selwood, Dangerfield they are all smart arses. SElwood constantly throwing his arms up in the air looking for a free kick and Dangerfield milking a free kick when he pretends he is in the ruck. Disgraceful

What's really disgraceful is the look of entitlement on Dangerfield's face as he looks at the umpire expecting to get his free kick. It's like he's saying "oh come on ump. This is Kardinia Park and I've done everything I can to give you a reason to pay a free kick so just pay it and we can get on with the game" it's truly disgusting.

bulldogsthru&thru
22-07-2018, 04:16 PM
They've got Carlton next week. Every chance to finish in front of us.

Wouldn’t count on it. Their % will be lower than ours and we are still to play carlton

EasternWest
23-07-2018, 09:40 PM

Come on BAD, if one of our guys was clever enough to do that we'd be lauding him for it.

It's not something we'll ever have to worry about anyway.

bornadog
23-07-2018, 09:43 PM
Come on BAD, if one of our guys was clever enough to do that we'd be lauding him for it.

It's not something we'll ever have to worry about anyway.

I just think it is another case when the smart arses at HQ come up with a rule and don't think about the consequences.

EasternWest
23-07-2018, 10:31 PM
I just think it is another case when the smart arses at HQ come up with a rule and don't think about the consequences.

I don't disagree - I hate the rule. But what Dangerfield dis was pretty damn smart.

bornadog
23-07-2018, 10:41 PM
I don't disagree - I hate the rule. But what Dangerfield dis was pretty damn smart.

I think it is close to cheating.

(https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/dangerfield-free-kick-not-in-the-spirit-of-the-game-20180723-p4zt3n.html)Dangerfield free kick 'not in the spirit of the game' (https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/dangerfield-free-kick-not-in-the-spirit-of-the-game-20180723-p4zt3n.html)

EasternWest
23-07-2018, 10:56 PM

(https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/dangerfield-free-kick-not-in-the-spirit-of-the-game-20180723-p4zt3n.html)Dangerfield free kick 'not in the spirit of the game' (https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/dangerfield-free-kick-not-in-the-spirit-of-the-game-20180723-p4zt3n.html)

Fair enough. That's your take but I don't agree.

Also, I'm not sure that link adds any weight to the argument. The headline might as well say "opposition player disagrees with free kick paid against his side". Guaranteed Tom McDonald would be saying "very smart play" if it had been Petracca and not Dangerfield.

It's a stupid rule anyway.

Hotdog60
23-07-2018, 11:01 PM
And to think this is all because we won a grand final.
On ya AFL

macca
24-07-2018, 12:42 AM
Headline should read
Dangerfield free kick awarded by stupid ruck rule

Migh have to make an award for this type of free kick

westdog54
24-07-2018, 01:15 AM

There's cheating and then there's gamesmanship. Danger didn't cheat, he exploited a horrendously flawed rule.