PDA

View Full Version : AFL Round 22, 2018

Eastdog
09-06-2018, 11:05 PM
ROUND 22, 2018

Friday August 17

Richmond v Essendon, MCG (7.50pm)

Saturday August 18

Collingwood v Port Adelaide, MCG (1.45pm)

Geelong v Fremantle, GMHBA Stadium (2.10pm)

GWS Giants v Sydney Swans, Spotless Stadium (4.35pm)

Gold Coast Suns v Brisbane Lions, Metricon Stadium (7.25pm)

St Kilda v Hawthorn, Etihad Stadium (7.25pm)

Sunday August 19

Carlton v Western Bulldogs, Etihad Stadium (1.10pm)

West Coast Eagles v Melbourne, Perth Stadium (3.20pm)

Adelaide v North Melbourne, Adelaide Oval (4.40pm)

Eastdog
14-08-2018, 08:35 PM
Bump

Sedat
17-08-2018, 11:39 PM
The drug cheats will be entering their 16th consecutive season next year without winning a single final in that time. And yet the media continue to fawn over them like a long lost puppy.

Bugger all injuries this year except Daniher and still not good enough to make the top 8. Mediocre club from the top down.

Rocket Science
17-08-2018, 11:55 PM
Given how many cheerleaders the Bombres had in the meeja this week, as if they were any legitimate chance, the result's a sweet one.

I still don't get the hopeful glee attached to the prospect this bunch of arseholes doing anything. Do the hard yards to earn it you wretched bastards.

Go win another trade period you pricks.

Twodogs
18-08-2018, 12:04 AM
The drug cheats will be entering their 16th consecutive season next year without winning a single final in that time. And yet the media continue to fawn over them like a long lost puppy.

Bugger all injuries this year except Daniher and still not good enough to make the top 8. Mediocre club from the top down.

I love it that tge media fawn all over them. Then they strut around towns with big boof heads thinking they've acheived because their names are always in the paper saying what good players they are.

You know if I'd been through all that embarrassment and worry and sanctions and stuff over the drug scandal I'd have expected a few winning finals if not a flag in the time we were on the juice. They would all have been taken away and stuff but you'd always have that experience on GF day and the celebrations. But Essendon did diddly squat. Won nada.

ledge
18-08-2018, 12:38 AM
5665 days since they won a final apparently , well 5300 but count the next 365 days at the least, they are not a big club at all anymore.
And the last time they won a final without Sheedy was 1978 I believe.
I love those stats.

macca
18-08-2018, 01:36 AM
Saad being run down by Rioli with less than 30 sec to go. Shows his not that quick but Rioli quicker.

Stringer has done nothing for them this year apart from 2-3 games, where he has had 20+ possessions and 3 goals.

Yep keep flogging that winning trade week garbage.

merantau
18-08-2018, 11:01 AM
It was lovely to see their season's hopes to live on until the very last minute of the game and then be snuffed out at the death. Stringer still manages to drop chest marks.

comrade
18-08-2018, 11:25 AM
It was lovely to see their season's hopes to live on until the very last minute of the game and then be snuffed out at the death. Stringer still manages to drop chest marks.

His body shape for a professional athlete is hilarious. He must finish training and pick up KFC on the way home each day.

Bulldog Joe
18-08-2018, 12:58 PM
Nice also to understand how unsuccessful they have been in recent times.

Longest run without a GF appearance

Carlton and North 19 years
Melbourne 18
Essendon 16

Longest run since a finals win
Essendon 14 years
Melbourne 12 years

comrade
18-08-2018, 01:05 PM
I hate Essendon and I'm rapt that their season has finally been given the bullet.

But that last 15 minutes or so showed the way to beat Richmond. It takes courage and skill, but slicing kicks to leading players through the corridor, handball to the overlap and catching their defenders one out is the way. Geelong almost did it, too. Unfortunately, both teams left it way too late. If a team can pull the trigger from the first bounce, they'll beat the Tigers.

GWS and Hawthorn are the 2 that have the skill to do it, but GWS don't have the heart especially on the MCG.

Hawks for 2018 flag.

GVGjr
18-08-2018, 02:40 PM
I hate Essendon and I'm rapt that their season has finally been given the bullet.

But that last 15 minutes or so showed the way to beat Richmond. It takes courage and skill, but slicing kicks to leading players through the corridor, handball to the overlap and catching their defenders one out is the way. Geelong almost did it, too. Unfortunately, both teams left it way too late. If a team can pull the trigger from the first bounce, they'll beat the Tigers.

GWS and Hawthorn are the 2 that have the skill to do it, but GWS don't have the heart especially on the MCG.

Hawks for 2018 flag.

I think you are spot on, other teams would have taken note that there is a style that will trouble them.

Twodogs
18-08-2018, 03:35 PM
Nice also to understand how unsuccessful they have been in recent times.

Longest run without a GF appearance

Carlton and North 19 years
Melbourne 18
Essendon 16

Longest run since a finals win
Essendon 14 years
Melbourne 12 years

That stat should go in BT's Career Best thread.

Hawks for 2018 flag.

Good summary. You're right, the Tiges don't have an intercept marking type like McGovern and the team best equipped to expose them with that surgical passing game it's Hawthorn.

bulldogtragic
18-08-2018, 05:08 PM
Bloody hell, Freo really gunning to finish below us on percentage...

This could a tight finish for pick 5 or pick 6.

DOG GOD
18-08-2018, 05:08 PM
Freo doing their best to get their % under ours for a better draft pick.

bulldogtragic
18-08-2018, 05:10 PM
BT Ninja! Mother*!*!*!*!er! :D

DOG GOD
18-08-2018, 05:31 PM
Geez, the AFL should look into this performance by Freo.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-08-2018, 05:36 PM
Absolute tank by Fremantle

bulldogsthru&thru
18-08-2018, 05:47 PM
Ok another pick up for us! Hopefully freo take Hill regardless

bulldogtragic
18-08-2018, 05:55 PM
Win over Carlton by a goal or less. Both lose by the margin next week.

That’s awfully awfully good for them to lead at quarter time and lose by 133 points.

DOG GOD
18-08-2018, 05:59 PM
Its not like freo didn’t have Mundy, Neale and Fyfe out there...unacceptable and as blatant as all hell.

comrade
18-08-2018, 06:11 PM
Culture killer. That sort of loss is unforgivable.

Any Freo kids we should be getting in the ear of?

Grantysghost
18-08-2018, 06:13 PM
Surely the downside: public humiliation, media pressure, exposing young players to a demoralising defeat wouldn't make gaining one draft spot a worthwhile endeavour. I mean we are talking 5 to 6 probably. That's Stringer to Macrae using 2012 as an example. Hogan, Martin, Crouch and O'Meara weren't included but I think it's a relevant example.

DOG GOD
18-08-2018, 06:16 PM
Culture killer. That sort of loss is unforgivable.

Any Freo kids we should be getting in the ear of?

Cerra ?

DOG GOD
18-08-2018, 06:17 PM
Surely the downside: public humiliation, media pressure, exposing young players to a demoralising defeat wouldn't make gaining one draft spot a worthwhile endeavour. I mean we are talking 5 to 6 probably. That's Stringer to Macrae using 2012 as an example. Hogan, Martin, Crouch and O'Meara weren't included but I think it's a relevant example.

Unless they have a knowledge of who we are after and it’s who they want.

SlimPickens
18-08-2018, 06:21 PM
Amazing the Sydney v GWS won’t get anywhere near filling spotless. Wonder if Sydney will ever embrace these plastics?

Sedat
18-08-2018, 06:48 PM
Win over Carlton by a goal or less. Both lose by the margin next week.

That’s awfully awfully good for them to lead at quarter time and lose by 133 points.
Screw pick 5. Let's smash Carlton and then break Richmond's MCG streak.

bulldogtragic
18-08-2018, 06:57 PM

You can't use that phrase Sedat, it's trademarked.

"Screw Pick 5" and "I can give you all of the package" is trademarked by Jake Stringer for use towards young women. Apparently it's effective.

Bulldog4life
18-08-2018, 07:29 PM
I am not worried what draft pick we get. I just want to win by as much as possible. Much better for the team.

boydogs
18-08-2018, 09:25 PM

Richmond have their foot off the gas. We could make it two years in a row where we have beaten the premiers

bornadog
18-08-2018, 10:48 PM
Saints really taking it up to Hawks

Twodogs
18-08-2018, 11:59 PM
I am not worried what draft pick we get. I just want to win by as much as possible. Much better for the team.

Yep, we exist to win premierships, not the lowest possible picks. Let's smack Carlton into next month tomorrow.

westdog54
19-08-2018, 05:30 AM
Could Dayne Zorko possibly be any more classless? Another after the siren altercation with Touk Miller, when Touk probably had the better of him on the night despite the narrow loss.

ledge
19-08-2018, 10:37 AM
Gold Coast have some great players they just don’t seem to gel as a team, my daughter works up there and says it’s so hard to as it’s such a holiday and party place. She has worked with some very beautiful South American women who go to Melbourne for a trip and decide to stay in Melbourne because of the fact GC is so hard to want to go to work.
I think it’s the life style is too good to work. Maybe that’s the underlying problem.

Rocket Science
19-08-2018, 07:33 PM
Hee hee. We must've really vanquished North's spirit last week cos they're mustering very little this arvo, replete with Scotty's signature dummy spits in the box.

*grabs more popcorn*

Twodogs
19-08-2018, 08:29 PM
Hee hee. We must've really vanquished North's spirit last week cos they're mustering very little this arvo, replete with Scotty's signature dummy spits in the box.

*grabs more popcorn*

Shoot some of that popcorn over this way RS. The siren has gone and things could get interesting.

We're the pride of South Australia...