PDA

View Full Version : Three things I've learned, edition XIV, V North Melbourne.

Twodogs
23-06-2018, 06:45 PM
Tell us three things that you have learned this evening.

bulldogtragic
23-06-2018, 10:59 PM
1. Schache is a player, Gowers up the ground really works, Crozier is blooming, Naughton could be a full forward.
2. I like the effort we brung tonight.
3. Honourable losses are an improvement. But they're losses, especially when he choke with 46 seconds to go.

Mofra
23-06-2018, 11:01 PM
1. Bevo swung some really interesting changes tonight and most of them worked. Full credit.
2. Crozier is an excellent pick for not much at the trade table.
3. Marcus Adams could be amazing if he manages to stay on the paddock. Loved his intercept work tonight.

westbulldog
23-06-2018, 11:11 PM
1.Dale Morris would make a great Captain for the rest of the season.
2.Billy Gowers proved the doubters on here wrong.
3. Marcus Adams makes a big difference to this team.

AndrewP6
23-06-2018, 11:30 PM
1. I believed it, but tonight showed Bevo's versatility mantra can work.
2. Any of Hunter, JJ or Dahlhaus are tradeable.
3. We can get something out of the season.

Remi Moses
23-06-2018, 11:32 PM
1. Crozier is making a few on here eat their words . Few judged a little .
2. Norf’s kick it to Brown at all times isn’t sustainable.
3. Better and more consistent effort tonight

westdog54
24-06-2018, 12:11 AM
1. Hayden Crozier bakes a decent humble pie. An extra large slice for me please.
2. Billy Gowers could be the steal of the rookie draft.
3. Our killer instinct is completely non-existent at the moment.

merantau
24-06-2018, 12:53 AM
I was wrong about Crozier.
Our mid-field is not firing
Tom Campbell should have played tonight.

BulldogBelle
24-06-2018, 03:09 AM
1. We don't have to play Honeychurch or Jong any more as Porter or Greene should have a go.
2. Crozier has grown an extra leg. I wonder if he is on those Indian gooseberries (amla).
3. Gowers didn't do so many stupid things tonight and his team value was immense.

SlimPickens
24-06-2018, 09:20 AM
1. Dunkley isn’t a negator.
2. We will win 3-4 more on the run home.
3. We have player with Naughton. Future is bright

Pickenitup
24-06-2018, 10:45 AM
1.Marcus Adams is so important to us 2.Billy Gowers keeps getting better and better 3 Higgins is still a flog

The Pie Man
24-06-2018, 11:38 AM
1. Makeshift forward line could be worth persevering with. Naughton’s contested marking very promising & Cordy still presents well like he did in 2016.

2. Adams looks so important - Honeychurch not so much (& I’ve been a fan at different stages - not any more)

3. Bevo can get very angry. Will be fascinating to see how the group responds to the quite pointed spray in the rooms.

ratsmac
24-06-2018, 02:09 PM
1. Makeshift forward line could be worth persevering with. Naughton’s contested marking very promising & Cordy still presents well like he did in 2016.

2. Adams looks so important - Honeychurch not so much (& I’ve been a fan at different stages - not any more)

3. Bevo can get very angry. Will be fascinating to see how the group responds to the quite pointed spray in the rooms.

It makes sense for us to play defenders up forward seeing that we kick to the opposition more than us :)

ratsmac
24-06-2018, 02:23 PM
1. I put my hand up as well and say I was wrong about Crozier. He showed enough in the last few weeks especially last night to warrant his place in our 22.

2. Gowers will be a headache for opposition sides for years to come. As his fitness has improved so has he. He works hard to get to good spots and can take a grab. He has a bit of mongrel in him too. He was BOG last night.

3. Boyd's grab in the forward line and his inability to run with Goldy all game screams that he should not be our number one ruckman but instead our FF. I see it, you see it, blind Freddy can see it so why doesn't our MC see it.

3.1. Schache up the ground was very pleasing. His aerial ability is getting stronger but it's his precise field kicking that is refreshing. That perfectly weighted kick to Gowers that should of won the game was a beauty. Hunter and Dahl take note.

bornadog
24-06-2018, 04:45 PM
1. We all questioned why we brought in Morris, Adams and Naughton, yet the MC did a Sheedy
- forwards back and backs forward :D

2. I learnt many WOOFERS write off players before the golden rule - wait till a player has had 20 games before writing them off.

3. 4 umpires adds to the confusion and there were many mistakes last night with umpires clashing with decisions

westdog54
24-06-2018, 05:58 PM
3. 4 umpires adds to the confusion and there were many mistakes last night with umpires clashing with decisions

There was one in the second half where one player called a ball up, only to be overruled a split second later by another paying a free for holding the ball. IT would have been comical had it not been such a close game.

Happy Days
24-06-2018, 07:20 PM
1. Adams should never ever never EVER be played anywhere but the backline

2. I'd rather lose Dahlhaus than Wallis, last kick notwithstanding.

3. Shaun Higgins is the player we thought he was when we drafted him. Thanks Brendan. Again.

bornadog
24-06-2018, 07:52 PM
3. Shaun Higgins is the player we thought he was when we drafted him. Thanks Brendan. Again.

Took him to 29 to 30 years old to find form

ledge
24-06-2018, 08:09 PM
1 we are going ok with our kids
2 Campbell must be a goner
3 we need a small hard forward who can rip cheeky goals ala Ballantyne but younger.

Ozza
24-06-2018, 11:10 PM
1. Adams should never ever never EVER be played anywhere but the backline

2. I'd rather lose Dahlhaus than Wallis, last kick notwithstanding.

Fairly sure we won the flag immediately after Higgins (and Cooney) left. Players that weren’t prepared to put the team first in every way possible. Good on him for playing well now. It took him long enough to become a consistent player, he’s 30.

SonofScray
25-06-2018, 09:24 AM
Fairly sure we won the flag immediately after Higgins (and Cooney) left. Players that weren’t prepared to put the team first in every way possible. Good on him for playing well now. It took him long enough to become a consistent player, he’s 30.

I'm glad he isn't in our colours. The only Footscray player I have actually despised. A coward, poor leader and brittle footballer with us. People blew too much Sunshine up his butt because he showed promise and was always a chance to hit the form he has found in the past 2 years.

I watched the replay last night and his fake tough guy act, while expected because, Norf, was extra hilarious given we know first hand how much of a squib he is. Didn't like the physical attention from Dunkley. Was happy to try punch and elbow blokes on the ground. Sooked to the umpires at every opportunity. Was gifted 4-5 soft frees as a result.

I will now go and watch the video of him getting KO'd v Hawthorn on loop.

EasternWest
25-06-2018, 09:39 AM
I'm glad he isn't in our colours. The only Footscray player I have actually despised. A coward, poor leader and brittle footballer with us. People blew too much Sunshine up his butt because he showed promise and was always a chance to hit the form he has found in the past 2 years.

I watched the replay last night and his fake tough guy act, while expected because, Norf, was extra hilarious given we know first hand how much of a squib he is. Didn't like the physical attention from Dunkley. Was happy to try punch and elbow blokes on the ground. Sooked to the umpires at every opportunity. Was gifted 4-5 soft frees as a result.

Agree with all of this. Great player, happy he's gone.

Greystache
25-06-2018, 11:48 AM

And I genuinely believe we wouldn't have won a premiership with Higgins as a senior player at the club. His selfish attitude is toxic to a winning culture. We didn't have the most talented group but had a total commitment to team based footy, something Higgins is incompatible with (as was Cooney).

His time at Norf has seen a prelim loss, a finals thrashing and a bottom 4 finish, I'm happy to let him continue to enjoy such success.

Grantysghost
25-06-2018, 11:53 AM

He ended up with 6 free kicks out of 23, next Crozier with 3.

Bulldog4life
25-06-2018, 12:14 PM
1. The umpires adore Higgins
2. Once Naughton learns leading patterns he can be a star forward. Strong mark and accurate kick.
3. After being a sort of fan of Honey I now concede defeat.

bornadog
25-06-2018, 12:18 PM
3. After being a sort of fan of Honey I now concede defeat.

We would all love him to succeed, but unfortunately he just hasn't got the skill level for an AFL player. He gets to the right position through his great endeavour, but once he has the ball he makes too many mistakes.

He needs to go back to the VFL and play his guts out, fix his deficiencies, and maybe he can push back to the seniors. It's all up to him.

craigsahibee
25-06-2018, 02:55 PM

Spot on. A Wayne Campbell clone. So happy to see the back of him.

Eastdog
25-06-2018, 03:07 PM
1 we are going ok with our kids
2 Campbell must be a goner
3 we need a small hard forward who can rip cheeky goals ala Ballantyne but younger.

Need to give Campbell a go at AFL level along with Fergus Greene.

LostDoggy
25-06-2018, 04:08 PM
1. Josh Schache is tracking very nicely. His possessions for us in each game have been 9, 10, 15, 17. Excellent progression for a 20yo 199 cm forward playing in losing teams. He is clean with the ball, has a bit of footy iq and covers ground. He is an exciting prospect.

2. We are a lot closer to being back in the finals mix than a lot of this years games suggest. NM were decent competition with 1 best 22 player missing, we had 8-10 missing, were bereft of confidence and should've won comfortably.

3. Last week I started a thread lauding this years debutantes, suggesting they may compare to some of the better groups we've had. With Naughton showing so much up forward, and Gowers, Crozier and Schache all plaing their best games for us, Im feeling even more confident that down the track we'll look back on the 2017 trade/draft period with some fondness.

Mofra
25-06-2018, 04:13 PM
3. Last week I started a thread lauding this years debutantes, suggesting they may compare to some of the better groups we've had. With Naughton showing so much up forward, and Gowers, Crozier and Schache all plaing their best games for us, Im feeling even more confident that down the track we'll look back on the 2017 trade/draft period with some fondness.
There's a certain redheaded debutant that sits nicely in that group too. Already learning to play in multiple parts of the ground.

Twodogs
25-06-2018, 04:54 PM
There's a certain redheaded debutant that sits nicely in that group too. Already learning to play in multiple parts of the ground.

Tom Young?