PDA

View Full Version : Peter Gordon on SEN Tuesday 26 June - 9am

bornadog
25-06-2018, 01:14 PM
Peter will join Gerard Whately at 9am Tuesday 26 June to discuss the clubs performance since 2016.

Should be interesting

Eastdog
25-06-2018, 02:40 PM
Peter would be gutted after our game on Saturday. Keen to hear what he says.

ledge
25-06-2018, 06:05 PM
Peter would be gutted after our game on Saturday. Keen to hear what he says.

I'm not sure he would be gutted looking at the group we went in with he would be up beat.
Yeah we lost and that's a little dissapointing, but we lost having a red hot go with a depleted team and we played kids in different positions and it worked .

GVGjr
25-06-2018, 07:32 PM
We have come so far in terms of our off field position and sponsorships etc I wonder what the focus might be?

Hopefully the interview will focus on things on field that might put us in a stronger position next season as well as some of the outstanding achievements that club has done in recent years off field.

If we are writing off the woes of this year due a wretched run with injuries I hope we are having a good look at our rehab injury management processes

I'd like to hear more about any expansion plans for the Whitten Oval and if a social club/venue is on the radar?

Will listen will listen with interest when El Presidente speaks.

Eastdog
25-06-2018, 08:22 PM
I'm not sure he would be gutted looking at the group we went in with he would be up beat.
Yeah we lost and that's a little dissapointing, but we lost having a red hot go with a depleted team and we played kids in different positions and it worked .

Yeah I think gutted with the result but not with the performance. We played very well considering our injury list and yeah experimented and it nearly payed off. Naughton a notable example up forward who is a defender.

SonofScray
25-06-2018, 10:49 PM
Will tune in, PG has been very quiet post Premiership. Keen to hear where his head is at with regards to how the Club is travelling and what is in the cards offfield,

Twodogs
25-06-2018, 11:16 PM
Will tune in, PG has been very quiet post Premiership. Keen to hear where his head is at with regards to how the Club is travelling and what is in the cards offfield,

He is on 774 every Friday at 9.30ish talking to Jon Faine.

bornadog
26-06-2018, 11:28 AM
Don't you love the way the media pick one small thing and make it a headline:

FLAG HAS BEEN AN ISSUE TO DEAL WITH SAYS BULLDOGS PRESIDENT (https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/06/26/flag-has-been-an-issue-to-deal-with-says-bulldogs-president/)

Western Bulldogs President Peter Gordon has admitted the 2016 premiership has been an issue to deal with.

The Dogs have slumped since the flag, missing the finals in 2017, and are on track to do the same in 2018. Furthermore, rumours of player distress, over-partying, fractured relationships at a governance level and more have plagued the club.

Gordon has conceded not everyone has handled success in a positive manner, but hasn’t lost belief in coach Luke Beveridge.

“It’s been an issue to deal with,” the Bulldogs President told SEN’s Whateley.

“Everyone has dealt with it in their own way and some people have dealt with it well and some people it’s exposed issues with them.

“Truthfully, we have had to deal with it and there are people who are not there now who were there, and to what extent was the premiership and clearly some people believed they should have been given more credit.

“I like to think the grown-ups are left in the room to pick up the pieces and we have a good bunch of people.

“The challenge is still ahead of us and the fact that we haven’t reproduced it in 2017 and 2018, doesn’t mean that the Luke Beveridge mantra of anything’s possible isn’t still available to us in 2019, 2020, 2021.”

NOTE: Listen to interview HERE (https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode/?id=250447)

GVGjr
26-06-2018, 11:50 AM
Yep, it confirms that our previous position of there being no hangover wasn't quite accurate and just a position we wanted to project and not close to reality. We haven't managed it well but at least it's now on the radar and we can measure the clubs response to it.
I didn't expect PG to go against Chris Grants public position.

I hope we act upon this at the end of the season and if anyone isn't on board now we should help find them another home at the end of the season.

bornadog
26-06-2018, 12:00 PM
Yep, it confirms that our previous position of there being no hangover wasn't quite accurate and just a position we wanted to project and not close to reality. We haven't managed it well but at least it's now on the radar and we can measure the clubs response to it.

I hope we act upon this at the end of the season and if anyone isn't on board now we should help find them another home at the end of the season.

Sounds like those that wanted more recognition for the premiership, and those that didn't handle it well are no longer there.

Sedat
26-06-2018, 12:02 PM

I thought PG was measured and impressive this morning. Certainly far more than Granty, Bob and even Bevo in recent weeks. He understood the gravity of our achievement but never resorted to painting it as some arsey fluke to paper over the many mistakes we've made since then. He even conceded that mistakes have been made in the aftermath of the premiership, without elaborating on them (and that's fair enough too).

Was also good to acknowledge that there has been some instability within the 4 walls of the club that required action - we've been pretending everything has been rosy on that front and it clearly hasn't been the case.

SlimPickens
26-06-2018, 12:26 PM
Sounds like those that wanted more recognition for the premiership, and those that didn't handle it well are no longer there.

Geez that’s pathetic. Pretty good reflection of society in general but also speaks volumes of the back of house culture within the club

Greystache
26-06-2018, 12:53 PM
Geez that’s pathetic. Pretty good reflection of society in general but also speaks volumes of the back of house culture within the club

Sounds like a pretty clear shot at Dalrymple for those in the know.

Axe Man
26-06-2018, 01:09 PM
Sounds like a pretty clear shot at Dalrymple for those in the know.

Which I find weird because I thought he got plenty of credit, probably second only to Bevo.

bornadog
26-06-2018, 01:17 PM
Which I find weird because I thought he got plenty of credit, probably second only to Bevo.

Maybe J McCartney?

at the 2016 Social Club Christmas party, Dahl was up on stage receiving accolades from all.

Greystache
26-06-2018, 01:44 PM

Credit at the time is only part of it though. How they continue to be worshiped long term is just as important for some.

GVGjr
26-06-2018, 06:26 PM

With the acknowledgements and rewards for a job well done sometimes people can get an overinflated opinion of their worth. Not saying this happened with Dalrymple but he did ask for a contract to be broken not long after being made a life member for his service to the club and we granted it.

Go_Dogs
26-06-2018, 07:53 PM
Credit at the time is only part of it though. How they continue to be worshiped long term is just as important for some.

Congratulations for delivering a list that fell apart quicker than any before it, Dal.

One final thing he did well was jump before recent results caught up with him...

ledge
26-06-2018, 11:49 PM
Congratulations for delivering a list that fell apart quicker than any before it, Dal.

One final thing he did well was jump before recent results caught up with him...

Umm I would say his last draft says the opposite , Naughton ,Gowers and Richards. Our drafts have been very good.
Then again you could blame him as our recent results are being blamed on a premiership we won due to his recruiting.

Eastdog
26-06-2018, 11:56 PM
Good to hear Peter. There have been criticisms of him but the reality is that we all owe him for putting our club on the map

- Pivotal in the 1989 fightback to save the club
- 2016 AFL premiership
- AFLW team formed and a 2018 AFLW premiership
- VFL team formed and 2 premierships (2014, 2016)
- Debt free
- Ballarat initiative which will take time but I'm hoping it's a success for us
- Community initiatives such as Sons and Daughters of the West health programs have been a success along with a number of other community initiatives we are doing.
- A few more things being done at Whitten Oval new lights etc and the exciting future plans. Really love going out to the spiritual home being a more younger supporter.

We have a great young crop coming through and need to work around that and get rid of a few. The draft this year is predicted to be very strong so our current position might just be a blessing in disguise.

Been and proud WB member for 6 years now and will be for many many more years.

azabob
27-06-2018, 06:42 AM
Umm I would say his last draft says the opposite , Naughton ,Gowers and Richards. Our drafts have been very good.
Then again you could blame him as our recent results are being blamed on a premiership we won due to his recruiting.

Gowers was Beveridge’s call.

westdog54
27-06-2018, 08:07 AM

Gowers was Beveridge’s call.

Yep, Gowers was an overrule that was part of the grounds for Dal's departure.

The last month seems to be vindicating Bevo.

ledge
27-06-2018, 04:54 PM
Yep, Gowers was an overrule that was part of the grounds for Dal's departure.

The last month seems to be vindicating Bevo.

Following along the lines of taking Clay smith instead of Crozier which was Brendan's call.
Who was dal looking at instead of Gowers do we know ?

Mofra
27-06-2018, 05:14 PM
Following along the lines of taking Clay smith instead of Crozier which was Brendan's call.
Who was dal looking at instead of Gowers do we know ?
The media article indicated it was a young kid that went undrafted/rookied.

We'll know if the Swans pick up a 19 year old with a late pick this year. I'd be very curious to know who it exactly was.

ledge
27-06-2018, 06:37 PM
The media article indicated it was a young kid that went undrafted/rookied.

We'll know if the Swans pick up a 19 year old with a late pick this year. I'd be very curious to know who it exactly was.

Unless Longmire over rules him and Dal ends up cracking it and goes to another team.

Twodogs
27-06-2018, 08:25 PM
Unless Longmire over rules him and Dal ends up cracking it and goes to another team.

Dal is only the 2IC at Sydney. If anyone gets overruled it will be Kinnear Beatson. Dal can be all care, no responsibility because Beatson takes the blame