PDA

View Full Version : Did we @$&*%* win????

Twodogs
29-06-2018, 11:51 PM
Well? Did. We. Win?:D

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
30-06-2018, 12:05 AM
We shit it in!

LostDoggy
30-06-2018, 12:22 AM
We shit it in!

We did. Just returned from overseas to catch a cracker of a game and a win against the cats after so long.

Jeez we have some young talent.

westdog54
30-06-2018, 12:25 AM
We.

*!*!*!*!ing.

S!*!*!*!.

It.

In!

Eastdog
30-06-2018, 01:25 AM
We Did It!!

We Stuck It Right Up Them!!

bornadog
30-06-2018, 01:26 AM
HOORAY, this thread is back baby

bulldogtragic
30-06-2018, 02:26 AM
Savour it. It's been 9 years or so in the making. I think we've deserved it. Hopefully we can give them a run like they've put us through, even if Harry Taylor won't be around to get even more cummupence.

Go_Dogs
30-06-2018, 09:05 AM
Amazing what a week can do.... that was a huge victory for this young team. Reminded me of getting over the line against Sydney back in 2015.

Bulldog Joe
30-06-2018, 09:10 AM
I thought the finish was magnificent.

Getting campaigner Harry *****ng Taylor to miss the after the siren was justice for the blatant dive in the 3rd qtr that got Hawkins a goal.

Go_Dogs
30-06-2018, 09:10 AM
I thought the finish was magnificent.

Getting campaigner Harry *****ng Taylor to miss the after the siren was justice for the blatant dive in the 3rd qtr that got Hawkins a goal.

It was perfect. Almost brought a tear to my eye.

LostDoggy
30-06-2018, 03:41 PM
We didn't shit it in.

We won by 2 points after Harry Taylor missed a fairly regulation kick after the siren.

That's heaps better than shitting it in.....

SonofScray
30-06-2018, 04:09 PM
Cop that.

Flopping, embellishment, whining... the Geelong way.

Eastdog
30-06-2018, 09:39 PM
I know TBB would be particularly happy living close to there.

Eastdog
01-07-2018, 03:07 PM
I love winning by 2 points :)

Eastdog
02-07-2018, 03:49 PM
HOORAY, this thread is back baby

It's one of my favourite threads.

1eyedog
02-07-2018, 05:28 PM
Harry Taylor and the Intangible Gift.

I've been digesting that miss as everyone else on here has. I've swung from deserved to lose it / deserved to win it many times but who cares I'll take the 4 points because we really needed it, but did we win more than 4 points last Friday? I think we did. The thing I've just realised is how much my feeling this week resembles the 2 May 2015 Swans win in the wet up there. You know the one Huddo told us to mark down and we did. We all know how that ended up.

Does anyone else feel the same? Optimism for the talent in our youth brigade and an increased confidence with Moz and Spec sorting it out down back.

It's the win we needed to have, especially after the week before, but I reckon it's our 2 May 2015 moment moving forward. A win that galvanizes a young team, draws them closer and makes them more determined as a group going forward.

So thanks for all the fish Harry, it couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke (not).

Mofra
02-07-2018, 05:39 PM
I've been digesting that miss as everyone else on here has. I've swung from deserved to lose it / deserved to win it many times but who cares I'll take the 4 points because we really needed it, but did we win more than 4 points last Friday? I think we did. The thing I've just realised is how much my feeling this week resembles the 2 May 2015 Swans win in the wet up there. You know the one Huddo told us to mark down and we did. We all know how that ended up.
It really did feel like that.
We've averaged the youngest side in the competition all year. We lost our best player this year (Macrae).
Had three rookie listers playing, a much maligned sole ruckman, playing a side we hadn't beaten for 9 years who were 8 or so spots above us on the ladder, with the most high profile trio of starting mids in the competition.

Dunkley & Dahl's performances came from nowhere, Richards solidified his ability all over the paddock, Gowers added some flair and Bailey Williams completed his transition from fringe player to important backline cog to up and coming midfielder who hits the scoreboard.

And we did it all with one player down for most of the game.

We have been unlucky this year, but this time luck rolled our way. Richard's toe poke rolled the right way, HT missed after the siren, Boyd just managed to get a fist on the ball to keep it alive in one of our last F50 entries to allow Gowers to Jackie Chan that last goal.

We went from a terrible write-off season to one where we have found the core group of players that will take us forward from this year, and we'll be adding two first round (equivalent) players to the mix as well.

Personally, I thought the game was huge.

Twodogs
02-07-2018, 07:56 PM
The difference between the Sydney game and the Geelong game is we seemed a little more organised defensively in that Sydney game. Don't get me wrong that look on Harry Taylor's face and the primal noise we made when he missed will warm the cockles of my heart forever but we fell over the line against Geelong while we could have defended that lead against the Swans for another 30 minutes.

1eyedog
02-07-2018, 08:36 PM
The difference between the Sydney game and the Geelong game is we seemed a little more organised defensively in that Sydney game. Don't get me wrong that look on Harry Taylor's face and the primal noise we made when he missed will warm the cockles of my heart forever but we fell over the line against Geelong while we could have defended that lead against the Swans for another 30 minutes.

But you get the vibe?

Twodogs
02-07-2018, 09:29 PM
But you get the vibe?

Oh I get the vibe, there is certainly a precedent for the vibe and there's probably something in Mabo we could rely on too. It's the sort of win that has you looking over the fixture and the games to come thinking "we can win that one" and over the playing group thinimg "where did that second half start come from and how can we bottle it?"

We just have to nail those finishes though.

westdog54
03-07-2018, 12:13 AM
Oh I get the vibe, there is certainly a precedent for the vibe and there's probably something in Mabo we could rely on too. It's the sort of win that has you looking over the fixture and the games to come thinking "we can win that one" and over the playing group thinimg "where did that second half start come from and how can we bottle it?"

We just have to nail those finishes though.

After the last two weeks there are few teams who aren't gettable:

Hawthorn at Etihad: Gettable
Melbourne at MCG: Extremely gettable
West Coast at Optus: Not so much
Port at Ballarat: Gettable
StKilda at Etihad: No excuses
North at Etihad: Shot at redemption
Carlton at Etihad: No excuses
Richmond at MCG: Yeah, nah, we'll get flogged

By my counts, that's four sets of finals aspirations we're a realistic chance (I'm not counting WC and Richmond) of putting a dent in.

To paraphrase Lando Calrissian, if we're going down, then we might just take a few of them with us.

boydogs
03-07-2018, 12:58 AM
After the last two weeks there are few teams who aren't gettable

West Coast have lost their last 3. We could win the next 7 then be facing Richmond for a spot in the 8 :)

westdog54
03-07-2018, 02:12 AM
West Coast have lost their last 3. We could win the next 7 then be facing Richmond for a spot in the 8 :)

And mess up all of BT's plans he had for pick 5?

I can picture it now. We're playing Richmond at the MCG on the Saturday night. At the same time Geelong are playing the GC in Geelong. If Richmond beat us Geelong are safe no matter what happens in their game. Richmond need only to win to finish top.

The live scores from both games are on respective scoreboards all night.

It gets to time on in the last quarter and we're taking it right up to the Tigers. The final score comes through from Geelong and GC have pulled an upset out of nowhere.

Jack Riewoldt has a kick from 50 to seal a win in the last minute. He shanks it and it doesn't make the distance. We rebound with the clock ticking down, the ball ends up in Billy Gowers' hands. He shimmies away from his opponent and snaps a goal to put us in front with one second left on the clock.

We sneak in, Geelong fall out. Richmond fall to 3rd and have to travel to the SCG for their first final.

They get beaten and face Collingwood in week 2 at the G and are knocked out in straight sets.

The bulldog tragician
03-07-2018, 10:54 AM

I can picture it now. We're playing Richmond at the MCG on the Saturday night. At the same time Geelong are playing the GC in Geelong. If Richmond beat us Geelong are safe no matter what happens in their game. Richmond need only to win to finish top.

It gets to time on in the last quarter and we're taking it right up to the Tigers. The final score comes through from Geelong and GC have pulled an upset out of nowhere.

Jack Riewoldt has a kick from 50 to seal a win in the last minute. He shanks it and it doesn't make the distance. We rebound with the clock ticking down, the ball ends up in Billy Gowers' hands. He shimmies away from his opponent and snaps a goal to put us in front with one second left on the clock.

We sneak in, Geelong fall out. Richmond fall to 3rd and have to travel to the SCG for their first final.

They get beaten and face Collingwood in week 2 at the G and are knocked out in straight sets.

You're evil. I love it.

1eyedog
03-07-2018, 11:48 AM

OMG that can just be put on repeat as my dream for the next 40 years. Maybe with Scarlett Johansson at the end?

bornadog
03-07-2018, 01:41 PM
But you get the vibe?

Lipinski does:

read here:

It’s about the vibe: Lipinski (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-07-03/its-about-the-vibe-lipinski)

Mofra
03-07-2018, 02:31 PM
The difference between the Sydney game and the Geelong game is we seemed a little more organised defensively in that Sydney game.
We were much more experienced in the backline for that Sydney game.
Wood, Murphy and Boyd had in the vicinity 750-800 games between them.

Roarke Smith, Brad Lynch and Aaron Naughton (after halftime) have years to get even close to that level of experience.

Twodogs
03-07-2018, 02:37 PM
We were much more experienced in the backline for that Sydney game.
Wood, Murphy and Boyd had in the vicinity 750-800 games between them.

Roarke Smith, Brad Lynch and Aaron Naughton (after halftime) have years to get even close to that level of experience.

It's a good point you make Mof.

How exciting is the prospect of Naughton and Richards and Williams in defence for the next decade? I can't remember thinking that the future is in such good hands player wise (especially tall/KPD player wise) in defence ever.

Mofra
06-07-2018, 12:16 PM
How exciting is the prospect of Naughton and Richards and Williams in defence for the next decade? I can't remember thinking that the future is in such good hands player wise (especially tall/KPD player wise) in defence ever.
Richards and Williams had to screw all that up by playing well elsewhere!

Richards mentioned he was an in and under mid as a junior before he grew 30cm in two years and got a lot quicker, so I think he is a genuine utility.

BulldogBelle
06-07-2018, 12:20 PM
TAB and Sportsbet don't have any odds for us to be Premiers this year. Can we still win it, even if it is a minor miracle?

Eastdog
06-07-2018, 12:24 PM
TAB and Sportsbet don't have any odds for us to be Premiers this year. Can we still win it, even if it is a minor miracle?

It would be another great premiership just like in 2016 if we could pull it off as will most likely be coming from outside the top 4 again :D :D

bornadog
06-07-2018, 12:34 PM

It would be a miracle.

Axe Man
06-07-2018, 12:35 PM

I just did a ladder predictor with us obviously winning every game for the rest of the year to finish on 13 wins and lucky 7th position on the ladder. There may have been some slight manipulation of other results to achieve the desired outcome.

Twodogs
06-07-2018, 02:39 PM

It's write your own ticket for that JC! I reckon you could get a dollar on at a million to one.

Flamethrower
06-07-2018, 03:09 PM
I was on the AFL Ladder predictor moments after our expected win over Geelong - only got the margin wrong as I had Taylor missing completely and the Scray winning by 3 points. Still wishing the ump had called on VAR in Moscow to rule that last shank OOF.

I too have us finishing 7th, but it all depends on this week against Hawthorn - whomever wins that takes 7th and a possible September sweep.

If we somehow manage to finish 2nd on Saturday night, I'll be back on the ladder predictor to work out how we can get Jack Lukosius, Izak Rankine, the King twins and Bailey Smith, as well as Rhylee West, come draft night.

Twodogs
06-07-2018, 05:02 PM
I love the optimism Flamey! No matter if we win or lose on Saturday night (and we will win) it's going to work out to our advantage.

BTW can you come up with a system whereby we finish 7th and win the flag but still get Jack Lukosius, Izak Rankine, the King twins and Bailey Smith, as well as Rhylee West, come draft night?