PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Carey and the AFL

LostDoggy
03-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Apparently the AFL about to list their top 50 players of all time and obviously Wayne Carey is well in the mix. There is some talk that the AFL might also be under pressure not to include him given his off field behaviour.

Should his off field conduct even be considered when putting together a list of the best 50 players of all time?

Whilst I doubt anyone condones his behaviour I think his ability on the field should be the only thing the AFL considers. Thoughts?

Mofra
03-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Depends if they are judging a player's worth to their club, which I beleive should be a consideration.

Arguably Chris Grant & Glen Archer were more valueable to their respective clubs than even their considerable on-field contributions indicate.

Ablett will be the interesting one. For all his off-field indiscretions, he always appears to be the loyal Geelong man; loyal is something Carey could never claim to be.

LostDoggy
03-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Now I've been wanting to talk about this all week although I'm more interested in the Carey shananigans.

I'm sure the US sports have had this problem, with OJ and others. I don't see a problem in including him in a list, its just a name.

The Coon Dog
03-02-2008, 12:12 PM
If it's a list of the BEST 50 players, he walks it in hands down.

GVGjr
03-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Now I've been wanting to talk about this all week although I'm more interested in the Carey shananigans.

I'm sure the US sports have had this problem, with OJ and others. I don't see a problem in including him in a list, its just a name.

I think things are changing in the US as well though. Baseball is having a real think about if players that have crossed the line will ever get hall of fame recognition.

My gut feel says judge Carey purely on his footy exploits but I do understand that other considerations might come into play.

BulldogBelle
03-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Carey and his indescretions should not be a consideration when judging him on his football ability to which the majority of footabll fans can attest to was phenomenal.

His off field behaviour leaves a lot to be desired and whilst I don't think much of him as a human being - I could never fault his playing ability.

Max469
03-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Carey and his indescretions should not be a consideration when judging him on his football ability to which the majority of footabll fans can attest to was phenomenal.

His off field behaviour leaves a lot to be desired and whilst I don't think much of him as a human being - I could never fault his playing ability.

Agree Belle.

He maybe a dropkick off the field but on the field - one of the best.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
03-02-2008, 03:14 PM
I think things are changing in the US as well though. Baseball is having a real think about if players that have crossed the line will ever get hall of fame recognition.

My gut feel says judge Carey purely on his footy exploits but I do understand that other considerations might come into play.

I seem to recall some 15 or so years ago, Hall of Fame Baseballer Pete Rose got in some trouble for gambling and whilst I'm not 100% sure, I thought he was removed from the Hall of Fame?

LostDoggy
03-02-2008, 05:00 PM
It will be interesting to see if Cousins makes it. You cant have one of them in and not the other. If it was purely based on on-field performances then they both will make it.

hujsh
03-02-2008, 06:07 PM
It will be interesting to see if Cousins makes it. You cant have one of them in and not the other. If it was purely based on on-field performances then they both will make it.

Maybe not. Cousins was great but doesn't mean top 50 EVER.

LostDoggy
03-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Maybe not. Cousins was great but doesn't mean top 50 EVER.

He would easily be in the top 50 ever. Have a look at what he's acheived.

Off my head:
Rising Star(?)
Brownlow
Premiership player
Captain

To not include a player because of their off field behavoir crap.

hujsh
03-02-2008, 06:54 PM
He would easily be in the top 50 ever. Have a look at what he's acheived.

Off my head:
Rising Star(?)
Brownlow
Premiership player
Captain

To not include a player because of their off field behavoir crap.

I don't care about off field stuff (Careys could be the exception) But those individal awards don't tell the story.

Grant
Not rising star
not brownlow
not premiership player
Captain

I think Grant is better than Cousins.

gohardorgohome
03-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Up to around 2000 Carey was the player that consistantly had the most impact on a game that I have ever seen.

Does anyone remember him taking the 'dogs apart at the kennel in early 93 or 94.

I went to that game with a mate who is a Hawthorn supporter. We both reflect that it was the best individual game that either of us have ever seen.

Cousins was a good player much the same as say Scotty West, with a lot more disruption to his club thrown in. He wouldn't make the top 50 ever IMO.

LostDoggy
03-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Wow. I cant belive you guys are underrating Cousins.

Take a look at this, it may change your mind, http://youtube.com/watch?v=EVoouUBu2JE

LostDoggy
03-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Geez you bastards are harsh :p

westdog54
04-02-2008, 02:42 AM
Geez you bastards are harsh :p

Not really Borgy, he's got over 100 years worth of players to compete with for a spot in this list.

Is he in the top 50 of the past decade/25 years? You better bloody believe it.

To say "He would easily be in the top 50 ever", your exact words, is pushing it to say the least.

gohardorgohome
04-02-2008, 10:52 AM
To be in the best 50 ever you would have to be on average one of the five best players of each decade.

Hird
Voss
Judd
Buckley
Carey
Brown
Grant
Harvey are better players to come to mind in without giving more than 30 seconds of thought.

Cousins was a good player, but not that good.

Mantis
04-02-2008, 11:35 AM
To be in the best 50 ever you would have to be on average one of the five best players of each decade.

Hird
Voss
Judd
Buckley
Carey
Brown
Grant
Harvey are better players to come to mind in without giving more than 30 seconds of thought.

Cousins was a good player, but not that good.

Which decade is your list from?

Hird, Voss, Buckley, Carey, Grant, Harvey all played there best footy in the 90's.

Judd and Brown are from the 00's.

gohardorgohome
04-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Which decade is your list from?

Hird, Voss, Buckley, Carey, Grant, Harvey all played there best footy in the 90's.

Judd and Brown are from the 00's.

Mate, I had a 30 second think about the list. Hird Voss and Buckley were all superstars of the current decade.

Several times I have been in awe of these guys. I just dont feel the same about Cousins.

FrediKanoute
05-02-2008, 08:51 AM

Possibly a point of difference is that the majority of Cousins' indescretions have come whilst he has been a player. Carey, the shagging of his team captains wife aside, has largely misbehaved once he left the game, a little like Ablett.

LostDoggy
05-02-2008, 04:13 PM

The criterias are changing and it will catch on here soon enough, the AFL will introduce some type of checklist at some stage. FWIW Carey's football spoke for itself and he should be included. Tho, his actions offield of late leave alot to be desired.

The Underdog
05-02-2008, 04:17 PM
The criterias are changing and it will catch on here soon enough, the AFL will introduce some type of checklist at some stage. FWIW Carey's football spoke for itself and he should be included. Tho, his actions offield of late leave alot to be desired.

Probably wouldn't be the only champion footballer / complete ****wit in the HOF.
Although he'd take some topping in both stakes.

mighty_west
05-02-2008, 05:21 PM
As a person, he's a grade A flog.

As a footballer, probably the best i have seen.

He isn't the first dickhead, and won't be the last, he'll deserve a spot on his football talents.

hujsh
05-02-2008, 05:27 PM
As a person, he's a grade A flog.

As a footballer, probably the best i have seen.

He isn't the first dickhead, and won't be the last, he'll deserve a spot on his football talents.

Your opinion but i doubt anyone will agree. I would like to see the list without Cousins and then try to find him a spot. I'm pretty sure there would be better footballers than him in there.

The Coon Dog
05-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Your opinion but i doubt anyone will agree. I would like to see the list without Cousins and then try to find him a spot. I'm pretty sure there would be better footballers than him in there.

Carey, easily the most dominant player of the past 15 years (unbelievable but during that period North have won more games than any other team).

He'd be right up there with the BEST of them, tho it is subjective.

Cousins, doesn't get within a bulls roar in my view.

hujsh
05-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Carey, easily the most dominant player of the past 15 years (unbelievable but during that period North have won more games than any other team).

He'd be right up there with the BEST of them, tho it is subjective.

Cousins, doesn't get within a bulls roar in my view.

Just to be sure I'm not talking about Carey, just Cousins

mighty_west
05-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Just to be sure I'm not talking about Carey, just Cousins

Carey & Ablett probably the best.

Voss, Hird, Harvey, Grant, Bucks, Hawkins, Kernahan, Lockett [next group]

bornadog
08-08-2022, 03:39 PM
These blokes have long memories

link (https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/08/08/north-melbourne-champions-carey-and-stevens-involved-in-altercation/)

Wayne Carey and Anthony Stevens have come to blows in a sad sequel to the 2002 affair scandal that fractured their friendship.

Carey and Stevens had an ugly altercation on Saturday night at Yarraville’s Railway Hotel, where many former Kangaroos players had gathered to celebrate North Melbourne’s 1996 premiership reunion.

Witnesses said Carey went at Stevens, accusing him of talking behind his back and telling people he couldn’t be contacted and to not bother trying to catch up with him, but then being fine in-person.

Onlookers said at one stage that the pair had to be separated, with several former teammates left stunned by Carey’s outburst.

Stevens – a current board member and president of the Roos’ past players association – didn’t take part in the club’s Marvel Stadium motorcade on Sunday because he was shattered by the heated exchange.

Carey was caught cheating in 2002 with Kelli Stevens – the then-wife of Anthony – in a scandal that fractured North Melbourne and led to Carey’s departure from the club.

North Melbourne captain at the time, Carey sat out the 2002 season before leaving the club in disgrace to join the Adelaide Crows.

GVGjr
08-08-2022, 03:55 PM
It's a shame it's come to this, I guess they'll never be really friendly but they should be able to be able to catch-up with their mates and be civil.

hujsh
08-08-2022, 04:02 PM
He shouldn't be welcome if Stevens doesn't want him there TBH. If it was just the cheating maybe he could be forgiven but we all know what kind of person he is so who cares about including him or making amends.

chef
08-08-2022, 04:11 PM
Stevo is well within his rights to land one on Careys chin whenever he sees him for the rest of his life imo.

josie
08-08-2022, 04:48 PM
It's a shame it's come to this, I guess they'll never be really friendly but they should be able to be able to catch-up with their mates and be civil.

Sound like Carey starred this altercation. What a doofus. No empathy for how a former friend would feel after betraying him. Agree civility should be possible without being friends. Guessing that’s what Stevens wanted. Punches not warranted even to those that are thoughtless, egotistical idiots - violence does not solve problems.

Happy Days
08-08-2022, 05:35 PM
Such a shame they decided to make it awkward for everyone at the pub when the nets are right down the road.

GVGjr
08-08-2022, 06:06 PM
Such a shame they decided to make it awkward for everyone at the pub when the nets are right down the road.

It's one of Melbourne's best kept secrets for a reason.

jeemak
08-08-2022, 06:09 PM

It's where real warriors sort out their difference, not pea-hearted wannabes like Carey and Stevens.

Bulldog4life
08-08-2022, 06:10 PM
Possibly blaming Carey for his marriage finishing up, although it was a while after the affair. Reckon if Carey wanted to he would demolish Stevo in a fight.

GVGjr
08-08-2022, 06:11 PM
It's where real warriors sort out their difference, not pea-hearted wannabes like Carey and Stevens.

Heaven help us if this conflict resolution centre aka 'the nets' ever gets Government funding, Sedat will blow the lid off it :)

angelopetraglia
08-08-2022, 06:12 PM
How does Wayne Carey still have a job in the media?

Who does he appeal to these days? It is definitely not because of his ability to give unique insights into the game or ability to eloquently explain situations.

chef
08-08-2022, 06:24 PM
Possibly blaming Carey for his marriage finishing up, although it was a while after the affair. Reckon if Carey wanted to he would demolish Stevo in a fight.

We saw he tough Wayne was when Archer shaped up to him, shit his pants. My money is on the dairy farm boy from the GV.

Bulldog4life
08-08-2022, 06:26 PM
We saw he tough Wayne was when Archer shaped up to him, shit his pants. My money is on the dairy farm boy from the GV.

Archer said off field Carey would have destroyed him.

jeemak
08-08-2022, 06:47 PM
Apparently having reflexes and getting ready to hit back is a bad thing.......I actually think Carey was genuinely worried he was going to be hit.

Twodogs
08-08-2022, 08:10 PM
Carey and Stevens had an ugly altercation on Saturday night at Yarraville’s Railway Hotel, where many former Kangaroos players had gathered to celebrate North Melbourne’s 1996 premiership reunion.

I had my wedding reception at that pub after getting married in Yarraville gardens. The big advantage was we could see a footy match from where we were.

Twodogs
08-08-2022, 08:12 PM

Agreed. Stevens is genuinely tough. He had half his face sliced off by a falling window and was playing footy again that year. He'd take Carey down with one a tied behind his back

Twodogs
08-08-2022, 08:18 PM

Heaven help us if this conflict resolution centre aka 'the nets' ever gets Government funding, Sedat will blow the lid off it :)

eah.-Yay eep-Kay ix-Nay -Onay arraville-Yay ardens-gay -ay

1eyedog
09-08-2022, 10:39 AM

100% you just know that Carey will have to kill Stevens to make him stop. Carey's great at the bravado and has a massive load of confidence until he gets punched in the face.

Sedat
09-08-2022, 01:20 PM
I'll never forget the headline from The Truth the day after this story broke:

"Rooting Roo Gone"

BornInDroopSt'54
09-08-2022, 04:30 PM

"Rooting Roo Gone"

Murdoch lowest common denominator.
The Sun in London posted headline 1982 when Elton John married a woman in Australia: "Well done Poofter!"

josie
09-08-2022, 04:38 PM
eah.-Yay eep-Kay ix-Nay -Onay arraville-Yay ardens-gay -ay

Iyay eeSyay hatWyay ouYyay reAyay oingDyay hereTyay!

jeemak
09-08-2022, 05:39 PM
Agreed. Stevens is genuinely tough. He had half his face sliced off by a falling window and was playing footy again that year. He'd take Carey down with one a tied behind his back

No he wouldn't.

He's tough but there's a reason why Carey was known as the King inside the four walls at Arden and it wasn't just for his abilities in landing a root and kicking a footy.

Grantysghost
09-08-2022, 06:19 PM
No he wouldn't.

He's tough but there's a reason why Carey was known as the King inside the four walls at Arden and it wasn't just for his abilities in landing a root and kicking a footy.

I'd have my cash on Carey. He's twice his size!

Sedat
09-08-2022, 06:25 PM
Murdoch lowest common denominator.
The Sun in London posted headline 1982 when Elton John married a woman in Australia: "Well done Poofter!"
I was in London for a work trip in 2001 when Prince Harry was busted for smoking dope, and it was at exactly the same time that the first Harry Potter movie was released. Cue The Sun headline..."Harry Pothead"

Axe Man
09-08-2022, 06:52 PM
This thread has descended into one of those who would win in a fight hypotheticals.

Next up Gorilla v Grizzly Bear, followed by Batman v Superman and rounded out by Twodogs v anybody who dares challenge him down at the Yarraville nets.

Grantysghost
09-08-2022, 07:08 PM
This thread has descended into one of those who would win in a fight hypotheticals.

Next up Gorilla v Grizzly Bear, followed by Batman v Superman and rounded out by Twodogs v anybody who dares challenge him down at the Yarraville nets.

That's ascended.

For the record.

Gorilla, Superman, Happy Days.

EasternWest
09-08-2022, 07:53 PM

Axe Man v Matt Suckling and you can only use your right.

The Doctor
09-08-2022, 09:51 PM
Wayne Carey and his brother are both pathetic.

I refuse to watch Channel 7 when Carey is on.

merantau
10-08-2022, 07:05 AM

"Rooting Roo Gone"

My favourite Truth headline:

In 1987 one-time Liberal Party leader Sir Billy Snedden died in unusual circumstances. Snedden died of a heart attack in the Rushcutter Travelodge, possibly whilst having sexual intercourse with a mystery woman whose identity has never been revealed.[7][8] As Wright and Nader point out, Snedden was known for his 'extra-curricular' activities,[9] and in the words of his son, Drew Seddon, Billy Snedden "got around a lot."[10] The Truth published an article under the tongue-in-cheek headline "Snedden Died on the Job - Police Seeking Deathbed Girl" to announce his death.[9]"

Apparently the young woman involved was his son's ex-girlfriend.

merantau
10-08-2022, 07:28 AM
Off topic I know. This is old news that must have passed by me when I was overseas otherwise I'm sure I would've recalled it.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/family-at-war-the-bitter-legacy-of-sir-billy-20060409-ge23pk.html

Mods delete as you feel fit.

Bulldog4life
10-08-2022, 11:17 AM

In 1987 one-time Liberal Party leader Sir Billy Snedden died in unusual circumstances. Snedden died of a heart attack in the Rushcutter Travelodge, possibly whilst having sexual intercourse with a mystery woman whose identity has never been revealed.[7][8] As Wright and Nader point out, Snedden was known for his 'extra-curricular' activities,[9] and in the words of his son, Drew Seddon, Billy Snedden "got around a lot."[10] The Truth published an article under the tongue-in-cheek headline "Snedden Died on the Job - Police Seeking Deathbed Girl" to announce his death.[9]"

That's not what I heard at the time.

merantau
10-08-2022, 03:58 PM
[B]"That's not what I heard at the time."[B]

No, I read that his son confirmed it. Sometime in the last few years.

merantau
10-08-2022, 04:05 PM
Posted on "Buzzfeed" Oct 20, 2015

"Former Liberal leader Sir Billy Snedden died doing what he loved - banging his son's ex girlfriend.

First thought to be a suspicious death, police searched for the mysterious "deathbed girl". But it turned out that Sir Billy head a heart attack while spending the night with a secretary who used to date his son, Drew.

Years later, his son had this to say about the heart-stopping affair to the Herald Sun:

"It was an adrenalin-filled evening. I'm sure the old man went out happy - anyone would be proud to die on the job," he said.

Turns out it's a bit of a trend. Former PM Ben Chifley reportedly died from a heart attack in 1951 "in the company" of his secretary."

merantau
10-08-2022, 06:41 PM

"Former Liberal leader Sir Billy Snedden died doing what he loved - banging his son's ex girlfriend.

First thought to be a suspicious death, police searched for the mysterious "deathbed girl". But it turned out that Sir Billy head a heart attack while spending the night with a secretary who used to date his son, Drew.

Years later, his son had this to say about the heart-stopping affair to the Herald Sun:

"It was an adrenalin-filled evening. I'm sure the old man went out happy - anyone would be proud to die on the job," he said.

Turns out it's a bit of a trend. Former PM Ben Chifley reportedly died from a heart attack in 1951 "in the company" of his secretary."

jeemak
10-08-2022, 07:25 PM
But you have certainly derailed the thread, Twodogs would be proud of your efforts!

EasternWest
10-08-2022, 07:27 PM
Trying to delete these two duplicate posts - but can't. Sir Billy remains a hard man.

In life and death.

merantau
11-08-2022, 05:10 AM
In life and death.

Hardly surprising really. He was always very rigid in his views no matter what position he adopted.

Bulldog4life
11-08-2022, 10:17 AM
[B]"That's not what I heard at the time."[B]

No, I read that his son confirmed it. Sometime in the last few years.

Wow. Thanks for that. I heard from a copper it was someone else who was well known at the time.

1eyedog
11-08-2022, 10:21 AM

Now it's getting interesting.

Twodogs
12-08-2022, 12:47 PM
100% you just know that Carey will have to kill Stevens to make him stop. Carey's great at the bravado and has a massive load of confidence until he gets punched in the face.

Mike Tyson said that everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face.

Twodogs
12-08-2022, 12:49 PM
But you have certainly derailed the thread, Twodogs would be proud of your efforts!
I'm derailing threads by osmosis now

Twodogs
12-08-2022, 12:55 PM

My favourite Truth headline was "VFL SHOCK. COACH IS A TRANSVESTITE" Followed by a story with all the lurid details of how a well known VFL coach was arrested sitting in his car in St Kilda dressed in women's clothing. It was back in the '70s when transvestism was still a crime. The article didn't mention who the coach was but for some reason even though there was no article about him there was also a picture of Ian Stewart on the front page as well.

merantau
14-08-2022, 02:47 PM
My favourite Truth headline was "VFL SHOCK. COACH IS A TRANSVESTITE" Followed by a story with all the lurid details of how a well known VFL coach was arrested sitting in his car in St Kilda dressed in women's clothing. It was back in the '70s when transvestism was still a crime. The article didn't mention who the coach was but for some reason even though there was no article about him there was also a picture of Ian Stewart on the front page as well.
My recollection is slightly different. My memory tells me he was acosted by the fuzz in the City in Little Collins St and that he drove off with the cop hanging on to the door handle.

There is nothing new in the world except media coverage.

merantau
14-08-2022, 02:50 PM
History. It's the greatest source of wonderment, inspiration and humanity.

Twodogs
14-08-2022, 05:47 PM
My recollection is slightly different. My memory tells me he was acosted by the fuzz in the City in Flinders Lane and that he drove off with the cop hanging on to the door handle.

There is nothing new in the world except media coverage.

Why not both?

merantau
14-08-2022, 09:57 PM
Why not both?

Absolutely, why not both? He was known to cover a lot of ground in his playing days and Fitzroy St is only a hop, step amd jump from Flinders Ln.

merantau
14-08-2022, 10:21 PM
Why not both?

Absolutely, why not both? He was known to cover a lot of ground in his playing days and Fitzroy St is only a hop, step amd jump from Little Collins St

My original recollection was wrong. I looked it up and the incident took place in Little Collins St.

HOSE B ROMERO
15-08-2022, 10:36 PM

Not the train driver!

Bit of a trend emerging.. Lady Thatcher anyone?

merantau
16-08-2022, 05:29 AM
[/B]

Not the train driver!

Bit of a trend emerging.. Lady Thatcher anyone?

Men in uniform - such lady killers - even when they're out of them!

EasternWest
16-08-2022, 11:42 PM
Men in uniform - such lady killers - even when they're out of them!

You can't prove that. No body, no crime.

Twodogs
17-08-2022, 01:43 PM
You can't prove that. No body, no crime.

Not that I want to derail the thread or anything but I read somewhere once that out of a total of approximately 7000 people convicted of murder nthe history of the Australian Criminal Justice System less than 20 have been found guilty without a body being found.

azabob
17-08-2022, 02:11 PM
Not that I want to derail the thread or anything but I read somewhere once that out of a total of approximately 7000 people convicted of murder nthe history of the Australian Criminal Justice System less than 20 have been found guilty without a body being found.

You know this, but not how Fisher McAsey got his first name...

Twodogs
17-08-2022, 06:55 PM
You know this, but not how Fisher McAsey got his first name...

Correct sir. I'm assuming that like Moses as a baby he was found floating amongst the reeds in an arc of bullrushes..

chef
05-09-2022, 10:47 PM
Wayne in trouble again.

Apparently he dropped a bag of 'crushed-up anti-inflammatory' on a table in Perth casino.

merantau
06-09-2022, 08:22 AM
After a big night on the Chateau Cardboard I always crush 2 Panadol and snort them off the vanity. Doesn't everyone?

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
06-09-2022, 11:35 AM
This could put Bex back on the map

Twodogs
06-09-2022, 12:49 PM
After a big night on the Chateau Cardboard I always crush 2 Panadol and snort them off the vanity. Doesn't everyone?

I've always found that the best anti inflammatory comes in powder form.

I got chucked out of the Palace in St Kilda one night because the bouncers found me taking some anti inflammatorys in a toilet cubicle.

Mofra
06-09-2022, 12:52 PM
This could put Bex back on the map
Love it.

Axe Man
06-09-2022, 12:55 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/sxBFmpWn/carey.jpg (https://postimg.cc/K3ysv3JL)

jazzadogs
06-09-2022, 12:57 PM
This whole story has really shocked me. Of all people in the AFL industry to be accused of something so out of character, it is Wayne. Hopefully these allegations are swept aside quickly so he can continue his career as a well-respected commentator. He seems such a good man and his career is so important.

EasternWest
06-09-2022, 02:29 PM
This whole story has really shocked me. Of all people in the AFL industry to be accused of something so out of character, it is Wayne. Hopefully these allegations are swept aside quickly so he can continue his career as a well-respected commentator. He seems such a good man and his career is so important.

Jazz if I didn't know better I'd claim there's a hint of sarcasm in your post :).

F'scary
06-09-2022, 04:38 PM
Wayne Scary.

merantau
06-09-2022, 11:04 PM
Wayne is a closet baker!
https://www.theshovel.com.au/2022/09/06/wayne-carey-pleads-for-understanding-bag-of-sourdough-starter/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=wayne_carey_pleads_for_understanding_after_bein g_caught_with_bag_of_sourdough_starter&utm_term=2022-09-06

jeemak
09-09-2022, 03:04 AM
Jazz if I didn't know better I'd claim there's a hint of sarcasm in your post :).

I'll give it a lol.

jeemak
09-09-2022, 03:04 AM
Wayne Scary.

Are you guys related?

jeemak
09-09-2022, 03:13 AM
Whilst I think he's a complete piece of shit I also think he's dumb enough to carry around a bag of anti-inflammatory powder and not have the sense to consider his history and how it might look if it slipped out onto the ground in front of everyone. His entitlement enabled by sycophant's like Bruce and the entirety of Ch7's male contingent may have something to do with it as well.

Additionally, whilst I think he's a complete piece of shit I also think he's dumb enough to carry around a bag of rack and not have the sense to consider his history and how it might look if it slipped out onto the ground in front of everyone. His entitlement enabled by sycophant's like Bruce and the entirety of Ch7's male contingent may have something to do with it as well.

angelopetraglia
09-09-2022, 08:55 AM
n Carey’s 2009 autobiography, The Truth Hurts, the man dubbed 'King' provided insight into his handling of scandals.

'I’d always been told and taught to deny, deny, deny, unless you have been caught red-handed,' he wrote then.

'And even if you have been caught red-handed you still deny, deny, deny.'

Bulldog4life
09-09-2022, 09:01 AM
n Carey’s 2009 autobiography, The Truth Hurts, the man dubbed 'King' provided insight into his handling of scandals.

'I’d always been told and taught to deny, deny, deny, unless you have been caught red-handed,' he wrote then.

'And even if you have been caught red-handed you still deny, deny, deny.'

Trumpism.

Happy Days
09-09-2022, 10:35 AM
Whilst I think he's a complete piece of shit I also think he's dumb enough to carry around a bag of anti-inflammatory powder and not have the sense to consider his history and how it might look if it slipped out onto the ground in front of everyone. His entitlement enabled by sycophant's like Bruce and the entirety of Ch7's male contingent may have something to do with it as well.

Additionally, whilst I think he's a complete piece of shit I also think he's dumb enough to carry around a bag of rack and not have the sense to consider his history and how it might look if it slipped out onto the ground in front of everyone. His entitlement enabled by sycophant's like Bruce and the entirety of Ch7's male contingent may have something to do with it as well.

Dumb enough to do it twice though?

Grantysghost
09-09-2022, 10:37 AM
Dumb enough to do it twice though?

Who carries around crushed ibuprofen?

I'm not sure why any one cares what this flog does anyway.

Rance Fan
09-09-2022, 11:12 AM
Drug test him! Let's see the result?

Axe Man
09-09-2022, 11:25 AM
Drug test him! Let's see the result?

On tonight's episode of RBT...

Grantysghost
09-09-2022, 11:31 AM
On tonight's episode of RBT...

I can hear the suspenseful counting music...

EasternWest
09-09-2022, 11:54 AM

Nailed it.

Apparently, he's claimed it was a particular brand of anti inflammatory - which is actually a blue tablet.

Grantysghost
09-09-2022, 11:56 AM
Nailed it.

Apparently, he's claimed it was a particular brand of anti inflammatory - which is actually a blue tablet.

He got his denial story for blow and Viagra mixed up.

bornadog
09-09-2022, 12:03 PM
Nailed it.

I thought it came in powder format?

jeemak
09-09-2022, 12:58 PM
I thought it came in powder format?

No mate, and that's why the anti-inflammatory medication you're getting around with is giving you a raging boner.

Grantysghost
09-09-2022, 01:00 PM
No mate, and that's why the anti-inflammatory medication you're getting around with is giving you a raging boner.

Coffee... out.... nose.... you aren't supposed to make me laugh like that !

Classic!

bornadog
09-09-2022, 03:11 PM

I wish :D

Bulldog4life
10-09-2022, 11:01 AM

Hilarious.

Bulldog4life
10-09-2022, 11:03 AM
Being stood down by Triple M and channel 7 for having anti-inflammatory medication surely is not fair to our Wayne.

Twodogs
10-09-2022, 01:20 PM
Coffee... out.... nose.... you aren't supposed to make me laugh like that !

Classic!

I tried not to laugh and all the coke, sorry I mean anti inflammatorys, came back out my nose.

Topdog
10-09-2022, 01:51 PM
He is running with the disability defence. oh boy

jeemak
10-09-2022, 03:58 PM
He is running with the disability defence. oh boy

Who'd have thought Wayne Carey would lead the crusade to remove ableist attitudes from daily life?

angelopetraglia
14-09-2022, 04:18 PM
Sacked from MMM https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/wayne-carey-will-not-return-to-triple-m-footy-commentary-team-20220914-p5bhzv.html

hujsh
14-09-2022, 04:30 PM
Sacked from MMM https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/wayne-carey-will-not-return-to-triple-m-footy-commentary-team-20220914-p5bhzv.html

They say when one of the boys is sacked from Triple M that it will be a long winter. Not until the boy finds redemption with an 18 month sojourn and a puffed piece in the Day of the Womans and thus returns to comfortable employment in the media will the world return to normalcy.

Sedat
14-09-2022, 05:12 PM
Rooting Roo Gone (again)

merantau
16-09-2022, 07:23 AM
Not much support from the media bosses for Wayne. And now I'm confused. Is Wayne a poor man's Ricky Nixon or is it the other way around?

F'scary
16-09-2022, 10:15 AM
Are you guys related?

I'll go and check on Ancestry.com. I always wanted to be related to a famous person.

F'scary
16-09-2022, 01:48 PM
I'll go and check on Ancestry.com. I always wanted to be related to a famous person.

...even if it is Wayne Carey.:(

Testekill
16-09-2022, 06:28 PM
Give it two years and he'll have snuck back in.

Bulldog4life
17-09-2022, 03:14 PM
https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/wayne-carey-speaking-engagement-cancelled-in-fresh-fallout-from-white-powder-scandal/news-story/8e89496b731b139d04fbbc4c01964f17

Wayne Carey speaking engagement cancelled in fresh fallout from white powder scandal

Wayne Carey’s speaking engagement at the annual St Kevin’s Old Boys grand final luncheon was reportedly cancelled at the last minute as the fallout from his infamous white powder saga continues.

Earlier this month, the 51-year-old was escorted out of Crown Perth when a small bag containing a powdered substance fell out of his pocket.

The dual-premiership North Melbourne captain said the powder was “crushed up anti-inflammatories” used to treat football injuries.

Watch every match prior to the AFL grand final Live & Ad-Break Free In-Play on Kayo. New to Kayo? Start your free trial now >

Carey maintains he offered to hand the bag to staff after dropping it at a gaming table.

An investigation from WA Police is ongoing.

According to a report from The Herald Sun, Carey’s speaking engagement at the SKOB lunch was axed following unease in the room at his attendance.

“There was concern in the room about Wayne being there which we listened to and a decision was made to remove him from speaking at the event,” SKOB president Patrick Mount told the News Corp publication.

“Wayne then left. He acted in an extremely professional and courteous manner the entire time.”

Speaking to media outside the Wagga Wagga RSL in regional NSW last week, Carey claimed Crown staff had two opportunities “40 minutes apart” to call police on the night and he was “really disappointed” they hadn’t.

“If what was alleged had happened, then the police would have been called straight away,” he said.

“They then had another opportunity, when I went up to my room, to call the police and they never called the police.

“I want to know why. Because if they had called the police, I wouldn’t be here standing here talking to you about this.”

But Crown Resorts chief executive Ciaran Carruthers has said Carey’s version of events contradicts that of casino staff.

“That’s in contradiction to the statements that we’ve received from our own staff and from witnesses who were there at the time,” he told 6PR radio last week.

According to Mr Carruthers, casino staff and witnesses claimed Carey did not offer the bag of powder to security after it fell onto a gaming table.

He claimed Carey also told staff that he was not a guest at the hotel.

“Our team approached him in his room and advised him that he needed to vacate,” Crown Resorts chief executive Ciaran Carruthers said.

“He co-operated, he asked for some time to collect his belongings, which we gave him, he then removed himself from the property,” he said.

Mr Carruthers conceded that police should have been called.

Last week, it was revealed that Carey had retained lawyer Josh Bornstein to investigate a possible disability discrimination claim against Perth’s Crown Casino.

EasternWest
17-09-2022, 03:25 PM
Weird I would've thought St Kevin's Old Boys would have quite a few fans of the crushed anti inflammatory. Right into their wheelhouse so to speak.

Daughter of the West
17-09-2022, 05:26 PM
https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/wayne-carey-speaking-engagement-cancelled-in-fresh-fallout-from-white-powder-scandal/news-story/8e89496b731b139d04fbbc4c01964f17

Wayne Carey speaking engagement cancelled in fresh fallout from white powder scandal

Wayne Carey’s speaking engagement at the annual St Kevin’s Old Boys grand final luncheon was reportedly cancelled at the last minute as the fallout from his infamous white powder saga continues.

Earlier this month, the 51-year-old was escorted out of Crown Perth when a small bag containing a powdered substance fell out of his pocket.

The dual-premiership North Melbourne captain said the powder was “crushed up anti-inflammatories” used to treat football injuries.

Watch every match prior to the AFL grand final Live & Ad-Break Free In-Play on Kayo. New to Kayo? Start your free trial now >

Carey maintains he offered to hand the bag to staff after dropping it at a gaming table.

An investigation from WA Police is ongoing.

According to a report from The Herald Sun, Carey’s speaking engagement at the SKOB lunch was axed following unease in the room at his attendance.

“There was concern in the room about Wayne being there which we listened to and a decision was made to remove him from speaking at the event,” SKOB president Patrick Mount told the News Corp publication.

“Wayne then left. He acted in an extremely professional and courteous manner the entire time.”

So hang on, he wasn't cancelled prior to the event, but he turned up as scheduled and THEN the chucked him out because of "unease"??

What, were they uneasy that he didn't bring any crushed anti-inflammatory to share? Why didn't they knock it on the head before he turned up?

Bulldog4life
17-09-2022, 07:07 PM
Weird I would've thought St Kevin's Old Boys would have quite a few fans of the crushed anti inflammatory. Right into their wheelhouse so to speak.

Probably would have let him stay if he had been honest.:p

Mofra
17-09-2022, 07:10 PM
You know you've screwed up when even St Kevins think you have character issues

jeemak
17-09-2022, 09:58 PM
You know you've screwed up when even St Kevins think you have character issues

Absolutely!

As an aside, I love how folk from a catholic school are OK with a sex offending domestic abuser but aren't OK with an alleged recent drug user. So on brand.

WBFC4FFC
19-09-2022, 08:31 PM
Absolutely!

As an aside, I love how folk from a catholic school are OK with a sex offending domestic abuser but aren't OK with an alleged recent drug user. So on brand.

Didn't mean to like this.

Am an old boy of Skevs and I can say that no one is happy with the "sex offending". Hence the totally justified fallout.

More the previous Principal (staggeringly) doing the work of some in the upper echelon in the church versus his job (looking after students and making them better people, as if that head to be spelt-out to him)!

merantau
19-09-2022, 09:14 PM
So hang on, he wasn't cancelled prior to the event, but he turned up as scheduled and THEN the chucked him out because of "unease"??

What, were they uneasy that he didn't bring any crushed anti-inflammatory to share? Why didn't they knock it on the head before he turned up?

Thanks for the belly laugh!

jeemak
20-09-2022, 02:11 AM
Didn't mean to like this.

Am an old boy of Skevs and I can say that no one is happy with the "sex offending". Hence the totally justified fallout.

More the previous Principal (staggeringly) doing the work of some in the upper echelon in the church versus his job (looking after students and making them better people, as if that head to be spelt-out to him)!

I'm sure nobody's happy with their kids getting abused or being potentially exposed to abuse.

However from some reports and anecdotal stories I've heard first hand some St Kevins people think they have gotten a bad wrap in public because of the purported sexist/ misogynistic attitudes of some students and the overall culture at the school (that could lead to abusive behaviour towards women). Not saying this refers to you and your mates (it might, I wouldn't know), but that's where the comment stems from and if I've caused offence I apologise (unless you hold sexist/ misogynistic views of course).

WBFC4FFC
20-09-2022, 10:49 AM
I'm sure nobody's happy with their kids getting abused or being potentially exposed to abuse.

However from some reports and anecdotal stories I've heard first hand some St Kevins people think they have gotten a bad wrap in public because of the purported sexist/ misogynistic attitudes of some students and the overall culture at the school (that could lead to abusive behaviour towards women). Not saying this refers to you and your mates (it might, I wouldn't know), but that's where the comment stems from and if I've caused offence I apologise (unless you hold sexist/ misogynistic views of course).

No offence taken.

Obviously the public bad wrap happens with the bad apples that are everywhere in society in all forms.

My only beef is that the Headmaster seemed to think his duty was to defending the church no matter what and especially when a student(s) under his watch had been a victim of abuse. This made the media because the parents would not stand for it.

It forced change for the better and with any luck, the penny has dropped up the top in the church, which has to change to have any sort of relevancy.