PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations 100 Games The Bont

bornadog
09-07-2018, 06:46 PM
It seems like yesterday he was just starting, time flies.

Still only 22, and acting Captain

Twodogs
09-07-2018, 08:31 PM
That goal against Melbourne in his first game. My son was OS at the time but we'd been watching Bont for a while because we had heard how infatuated Dalrymple was with him so I sent him the footage with a comment about finally landing a decent player with a first round pick.

azabob
09-07-2018, 08:50 PM
That goal against Melbourne in his first game. My son was OS at the time but we'd been watching Bont for a while because we had heard how infatuated Dalrymple was with him so I sent him the footage with a comment about finally landing a decent player with a first round pick.

I think you mean first season.

Webby
09-07-2018, 09:51 PM

Don’t know if that was his first game. Reckon his first was a loss to Carlton when Judd came back into their side to huge applause, then snapped his hamstring almost immediately. Remember it well.

Take your point, though. How that goal against Melbourne wasn’t goal of the year is still beyond me!

The bulldog tragician
09-07-2018, 10:02 PM

Not his first game, but early enough that my prediction that he would captain the club, win a Norm Smith and a Brownlow COULD have been viewed as premature.

Time is on his side though.

A champion person as well as an enormous talent. You sense that this year has been tough, everything before then had seemed easy. I would be heartbroken if Bont does not play all his footy career with us, he is a rare talent.

Twodogs
09-07-2018, 10:03 PM
I think you mean first season.

Don’t know if that was his first game. Reckon his first was a loss to Carlton when Judd came back into their side to huge applause, then snapped his hamstring almost immediately. Remember it well.

Take your point, though. How that goal against Melbourne wasn’t goal of the year is still beyond me!

My brain is farting a lot lately. I knew it wasn't it first game but his first act where you thought "this kid is good" I don't know why I wrote that,

Eastdog
10-07-2018, 12:59 AM
Congratulations Marcus. Since arriving at our club he has had such a great impact. It has been a tough 2018 for for him but hopefully next year again he gets his form back.

Eastdog
10-07-2018, 01:01 AM

What a great goal it was. Was out of my seat at Etihad that day celebrating it. It got us the win in the end.

westbulldog
10-07-2018, 07:48 PM
As good a 100 games as anyone in recent history. Congratulations Bont, may your stellar career continue.

merantau
10-07-2018, 09:32 PM
You are the real deal Marcus. Great ambassador for our Club. Looking forward to seeing you build on a stellar first 100.

bornadog
11-07-2018, 10:28 AM
We will have to wait a few more weeks for his 100th

Mofra
11-07-2018, 10:42 AM
Appendicitis. Dammit.

Twodogs
11-07-2018, 11:26 AM
IIRC the last time this happened it was Chris Grant who went down.

Doc26
11-07-2018, 11:45 AM
Probably a blessing in disguise. Hopefully this break gives Marcus some recovery time as he hasn't been moving freely for some time.

Twodogs
11-07-2018, 12:05 PM
Probably a blessing in disguise. Hopefully this break gives Marcus some recovery time as he hasn't been moving freely for some time.

A sore appendix will do that to you.;)

Bullies
11-07-2018, 03:47 PM
Best for Bont to now get his hip fixed if it needs operating on. Put him on ice until next year so he can have a good run at it.

Bulldog4life
11-07-2018, 09:20 PM
IIRC the last time this happened it was Chris Grant who went down.

@sirswampthing
5h5 hours ago
Marcus Bontempelli to miss after having appendix removed
12th WBD player to be listed as an out on what would be game #100
Mitch Hahn, Daniel Giansiracusa, Ben Hudson, Liam Picken, Stewart Crameri the most recent

Twodogs
11-07-2018, 10:47 PM
I meant missing due to having appendix removed. Chris Grant had his taken out in the early '90s. It the day before a game and he had to miss quite a few games.

Libba would have played.

KT31
11-07-2018, 11:19 PM
I meant missing due to having appendix removed. Chris Grant had his taken out in the early '90s. It the day before a game and he had to miss quite a few games.

Libba would have played.

If Dale Morris's appendix played up during a game, he would have ripped it out and continued to play.:D

Twodogs
12-07-2018, 12:21 AM
If Dale Morris's appendix played up during a game, he would have ripped it out and continued to play.:D

"Wait until halftime and take it out then. Don't worry about stitching it up, I think that I've I've got a bandaid in my locker somewhere"

Now that I think about it Moz is the only player who compares with the little bloke when it comes to a few things. Playing through the pain barrier, getting the absolute best out of themselves, not giving up no matter how many times they got told they wouldn't make it, great teammates to have on the field and on the track, understood and played within their limitations and rarely made an error by foot.

The bulldog tragician
12-07-2018, 10:53 PM

Libba would have played.

And when Chris returned it was against Essendon and the lovable rogue Dean Wallis :mad: roughed him up with a series of punches to the area

Eastdog
23-07-2018, 08:37 PM
Bont should play his 100th in Ballarat this Sunday.

bornadog
23-07-2018, 09:53 PM
Bont should play his 100th in Ballarat this Sunday.

Three Captains in three weeks all playing their 100th - can Bont be the one to get the win.