PDA

View Full Version : Three things I've learned, edition XVII 2018 v West Coast at The WACA.

Twodogs
22-07-2018, 05:18 PM
Go on then. Tell us your three things.

bulldogtragic
22-07-2018, 07:12 PM
1. Everything needs to be changed. Players, skills coach, development, match day tactics, medical team and so on.
2. House chores are more interesting than watching an entire game of ours. And I don't say that lightly.
3. These 39 games since the flag are just so awful and shameful. We had a chance to do something special off the back of flag, these two years confirm we plummeted year upon year. And I'm not sure the club will do what's required to turn it around with hard decisions.

Twodogs
22-07-2018, 07:53 PM
1. South Africa need 489 runs in the fourth innings to beat Sri Lanka.
2. Herath has 482 test wickets!
3 South Africa aren't going to save this test match.

chef
22-07-2018, 08:09 PM
1. This is Rhode era bad.
2. Only one more game of this shity season before i escape to the USA. Yay.
3. Bevos been worked out.

bulldogtragic
22-07-2018, 08:11 PM

Half your luck/hard work. Just don't tell them you're Mexican! :D

Twodogs
22-07-2018, 08:12 PM

You don't need a companion do you? Are you going to be somewhere where they don't talk about football very much?

chef
22-07-2018, 08:16 PM
Half your luck/hard work. Just don't tell them you're Mexican! :D

Haha, yeah I'll be in the heart of Trump country down south in Georgia visiting the wifes side of the family.

chef
22-07-2018, 08:17 PM
You don't need a companion do you? Are you going to be somewhere where they don't talk about football very much?

Georgia Bulldogs country.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-07-2018, 08:38 PM
Haha, yeah I'll be in the heart of Trump country down south in Georgia visiting the wifes side of the family.

It may be Trump country, but it is visually striking. My sister lives in Oklahoma, which also is Trump country....but has ZERO redeeming features.

Twodogs
22-07-2018, 09:30 PM
It may be Trump country, but it is visually striking. My sister lives in Oklahoma, which also is Trump country....but has ZERO redeeming features.

Your sister has no redeeming features? It's a good thing she moved to Oklahoma then.

bornadog
22-07-2018, 10:37 PM
1. You can't win games without having your best on the ground

2. The young players are running out of steam, which is normal when you have only had one preseason.

3. Mids, Mids, Mids - and outside run needed badly

craigsahibee
23-07-2018, 03:38 PM
1. I've learnt that I no longer care and am totally dis-interested in the game. I haven't watched any Bulldogs football since walking out when Dahlhaus was free kicked against Hawthorn in the 3rd Quarter. It pains me to say it but I just can't see how I'm going to "fall in love" with the game at AFL level again.

2. If I must choose a team to get behind in September, it's going to be the Giants.

3. Not directly Bulldogs related but, upon hearing on Sunday Morning of Melbourne's after the siren loss my already good weekend just became a whole lot better.

bornadog
23-07-2018, 03:49 PM
1. I've learnt that I no longer care and am totally dis-interested in the game. I haven't watched any Bulldogs football since walking out when Dahlhaus was free kicked against Hawthorn in the 3rd Quarter. It pains me to say it but I just can't see how I'm going to "fall in love" with the game at AFL level again.

To make things worse, Dangerfield slid in with feet first, knocked over Gawn, and no free, yet yesterday, we got pinged again for a similar one to Dahl (poor old Mclean again). AFL have truly ruined this once great game of ours.

Axe Man
23-07-2018, 03:55 PM
2. If I must choose a team to get behind in September, it's going to be the Giants.

The absolute last team I want to see have any success. I would prefer any other team to them.

Nuggety Back Pocket
23-07-2018, 04:05 PM
1. You can't win games without having your best on the ground

2. The young players are running out of steam, which is normal when you have only had one preseason.

3. Mids, Mids, Mids - and outside run needed badly

Agree on all three points and could I add the need to recruit players who can dispose of the ball correctly.

whythelongface
23-07-2018, 04:29 PM
To make things worse, Dangerfield slid in with feet first, knocked over Gawn, and no free, yet yesterday, we got pinged again for a similar one to Dahl (poor old Mclean again). AFL have truly ruined this once great game of ours.

I noticed a couple of times where West Coast players slid in and hit our players legs (although our players weren't knocked over). IIRC McGovern was one of them. There is way too much subjectivity in the interpretation of this rule.

whythelongface
23-07-2018, 04:36 PM
1. Bigger bodied players with years of experience will destroy a young developing team. Whilst we had some experience when you come against the likes of Darling, Kennedy, Gaff, Hurn, Shuey and McGovern you need to be at full strength to compete.

2. on top of point 1 we need to be able to execute the basic skills much better. Some of our disposals and forward entries are just woeful.

3. Continue to develop our next generation of players so that they get experience at this level. We need to start drawing a line in the sand as to whom should not be playing the last 5 games - for instance play a Lipinski and Greene and not play a HC or similar who surely won't be around next year (no disrespect to HC but we need to look at fringe younger players).

bornadog
23-07-2018, 04:39 PM
1. Bigger bodied players with years of experience will destroy a young developing team. Whilst we had some experience when you come against the likes of Darling, Kennedy, Gaff, Hurn, Shuey and McGovern you need to be at full strength to compete.

It was amazing to see WC had 10 players with 150 plus games. We had 10 with less than 50 games.

AndrewP6
23-07-2018, 04:42 PM
The absolute last team I want to see have any success. I would prefer any other team to them.

Same. To paraphrase a famous Bulldog speech, if they ever win it, I’ll spew up. Cannot stand anything about them.

whythelongface
23-07-2018, 05:19 PM
It was amazing to see WC had 10 players with 150 plus games. We had 10 with less than 50 games.

That is a telling statistic that should not be overlooked when analysing our current form. Of course this doesn’t hide our utter disappointment from the heights of two years ago but realistically with our current squad (and injuries) it is hard to see us being any more competitive against a team like the Eagles (at home).

Hopefully we can win a couple of the ‘winnable’ games over the next month.

bornadog
23-07-2018, 05:43 PM
That is a telling statistic that should not be overlooked when analysing our current form. Of course this doesn’t hide our utter disappointment from the heights of two years ago but realistically with our current squad (and injuries) it is hard to see us being any more competitive against a team like the Eagles (at home).

Hopefully we can win a couple of the ‘winnable’ games over the next month.

That is how I feel. I just want to see the continual improvement by our young players, and for the players to show some intent and not give up.

craigsahibee
23-07-2018, 08:32 PM
Same. To paraphrase a famous Bulldog speech, if they ever win it, I’ll spew up. Cannot stand anything about them.

I can't see myself wanting anyone else to win it. At least I won't have to put up with any of their supporters. If I cant be happy, then no one else can ��

Bulldog4life
24-07-2018, 04:14 PM
I can't see myself wanting anyone else to win it. At least I won't have to put up with any of their supporters. If I cant be happy, then no one else can ��

Yep if we can't win it any interstate mob would do me.